PDA

View Full Version : Tidy Up The Forum, Please.

anybody-is
09-09-2003, 02:33 AM
Dear Moderators,
Is it possible to tidy up the Forum? I think it could use an Autumn Clean of the one-liner replies and user posted geeky pictures.
It would seem that genuine topics get lost amid threads that entrap the less nerdy of us like flies!
Celery Stick eating spider-like members with big silver boots seem to post one line replies, web-like, saying nothing worth reading and which mean nothing to anybody except the alien above! I use the term "alien" with all due deference - if the large posted pictures (avatars) are anything to go by! They take up a lot of space when scrolling down.
I am only fortunate that I have a large Plasma screen as a monitor that will take them! :P
This request because a, to me, serious post seems to get lost pages back and therefore gains little or no attention after a day or so.
Why is it that a topic can have replies posted that give this forum every semblance of a chat room? :angry:
Polite comments/ replies - please.
PS.. It must take someone with some IT knowhow to insert those pictures - because I do not know how to do it! Thnx.

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-09-2003, 02:39 AM
:huh: Ummmm this is in the wrong section. :huh:

:lol:

Even though it does say Requests.

balamm
09-09-2003, 02:41 AM
Ummm... Yeah.. this "request section" is for music requests.. K? "About our website and this forum" might be a better place to post something "about our website and this forum" ;)

ghost944
09-09-2003, 02:48 AM
@ anybody-is Here is something you will find helpfull (http://amishrakefight.org/gfy/) ;) ;) ;)

anybody-is
09-09-2003, 02:49 AM
The guy with the handsome face is one of the IT freaks I had in mind. I found the large picture too often with just a one line reply... when I was trying to search for something serious. Sorry. But I put it in the offending section that I got lost in. :(

pol
09-09-2003, 02:51 AM
i find that the 'one liners' help keep important topics like this :P at the top.

mogadishu
09-09-2003, 04:07 AM
Someone with 9 posts shouldnt be telling us to do something about the forum.

kAb
09-09-2003, 04:21 AM
Originally posted by mogadishu@8 September 2003 - 20:07
Someone with 9 posts shouldnt be telling us to do something about the forum.
some1 with over 1000 posts in 3 months shouldn't either :rolleyes:

wormless
09-09-2003, 04:45 AM
lol@u lot srguein the only ppl who shud say wat u can n cant do is mods plus read the faq

asmithz
09-09-2003, 05:04 AM
Calm down everyone. The forums fine the way it is.

Lady Kohoutek
09-09-2003, 05:15 AM
I think this forum is fairly decent, with the exception of seeing many posts on the same topic, which is usually due to members who don't bother to use the "search" feature on the board... But I suppose that can't be helped. :huh:

Just chill and enjoy yourself. If you think this is bad, I've seen much worse... ;)

asmithz
09-09-2003, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by Lady Kohoutek@8 September 2003 - 22:15
I usually due to members who don't bother to use the "search" feature on the board...
Thats mostly n00bz, so you really cant doanything or mind it. Just answer there stupid questions. :D :P

Somebody1234
09-09-2003, 05:32 AM
@anybody-is

It must take someone with some IT knowhow to insert those pictures - because I do not know how to do it! Thnx.
Click here to find infromation about how to post images: ---> http://www.home.no/brand/link.jpg (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=19152&st=0#entry121217)

I can see that your intentions are to help out with the board. I have to point out to you that you need to become more familiar with the board and the members before you make comments about the organization of things. In general things are quite well organized except for perhaps the lounge but that place is a kind of "chat" about anything area.

thewizeard
09-09-2003, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by anybody-is@9 September 2003 - 03:33

Celery Stick eating spider-like members with big silver boots seem to post one line replies, web-like, saying nothing worth reading and which mean nothing to anybody except the alien above!

I am surprised that they are able to write anything at all, standing upside down and all that...

Someone else mentioned it and I also do it sometimes, when I see somthing that is not getting answered, but is a good question, I write a short line to *bump* it back up to the top of the forum. ( If I myself have no answer)

Personaly I like the 'look' of the forum. The pictures I would compare to the wallpaper on my walls, not necessary at all but adding to the comfort. If it caused to many problems to the forum then that would be a different matter. Maybe you should PM a moderator and ask for a poll. You could ask the members to chose between having pictures/ avatars or removing them? I hope that this post is long enough and with enough explanation incorporated into it!

Celerystalksme
09-09-2003, 06:42 AM
STFU

Adster
09-09-2003, 06:44 AM
who cares???

In fact I once had more one liners then celery postin album covers??? yeah whats wrng with that???

I think we should piss off the post counts to STFU from noobs bithcing every f*cking time about the stupid things who really cares??

did you ever think that celery and othe members are just beign themselves??

Adster
09-09-2003, 06:48 AM
@Kab

and btw if you seriously don't like post counts and don't care about them then just STFU about post counts. you bitchign about post counts is only giving me the impression that you care

Jibbler
09-09-2003, 06:50 AM
Check out this thread. (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=56876&st=0&#entry482200)

Bumping a thread in the request section doesn't add to your post count. Though it sure would be nice if someone helped fill a request now and then. :blink: If you are going to contribute to this board, do it with hashes, fill requests, anything constructive. Remember why we are all here. :huh:

Celerystalksme
09-09-2003, 06:53 AM
Actually fuck that...im gonna write you something that would make you wish i was just typing one liners..

** EDIT by Jetje... yes i wished you were keeping it to one liners...This was a post without any respect to other members and with way to many swearing... lower your voice..
be nice or go have a chat with moseph if you need to chill... ****

Adster
09-09-2003, 06:55 AM
Bumping a thread in the request section doesn't add to your post count. Though it sure would be nice if someone helped fill a request now and then.  If you are going to contribute to this board, do it with hashes, fill requests, anything constructive. Remember why we are all here.

Thats exactly what I mean

Ill fill in a request at time to time and psot my varfieds yet ppl see that i have 2000 post counts and over 3000(with an account other name I will remain nameless) and think oh god this guys is just a complete spammer who has non constructive posts.

OK I have some 1 liners alot from time to time but thats just being myself or try to throw a funny picture or a a bit a humour with a funny comment

isn't the idea of this board as jibbler says to contribute?? and be ourselves??

Jibbler
09-09-2003, 07:21 AM
No. Really. This is not a senseless, shameless bump. Can a Jibbler get some love? Here it is again in case you missed it the first time.

Unfilled request. (http://www.klboard.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=56876&st=0&#entry482200) :huh: :huh:

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
09-09-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by anybody-is@8 September 2003 - 21:49
The guy with the handsome face is one of the IT freaks I had in mind. I found the large picture too often with just a one line reply... when I was trying to search for something serious. Sorry. But I put it in the offending section that I got lost in. :(

Now say what?Did you call me a one liner freak?

dumdum
09-09-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by anybody-is@8 September 2003 - 21:49
The guy with the handsome face........
adjust your monitor or lower your dosage :P

Adster
09-09-2003, 08:03 AM
ahhhhhhh that avartars scaring me :o

J'Pol
09-09-2003, 08:05 AM

J'Pol
09-09-2003, 08:11 AM
http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10053000/10053980.jpg

dumdum
09-09-2003, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Hogster@9 September 2003 - 03:03
ahhhhhhh that avartars scaring me :o
sorry Ad.....blame marine_aart not me! :D

Celerystalksme
09-09-2003, 08:26 AM
:)

chalice
09-09-2003, 08:28 AM
This board is not a disney film.
The mods are not Mary Poppins.
And a bucketful of sugar isn't going to help your medicine go down.

Adster
09-09-2003, 08:32 AM
sorry Ad.....blame marine_aart not me! 

yeah I know he sadi he created it for you in soulseek :D

Illuminati
09-09-2003, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by chalice@9 September 2003 - 09:28
This board is not a disney film.
The mods are not Mary Poppins.
And a bucketful of sugar isn't going to help your medicine go down.
http://www.ml20.nowinbeta.org/roflmao.gif

Likewise Santa Claus does not exist, and will not be spotted here (except near Christmas, when several drunk and/or high members impersonate the fat bastard)

If you think this board is or should be designed for family fun, you're either in the wrong forum or the wrong state of mind for this forum.

echidna
09-09-2003, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by JPaul@9 September 2003 - 18:11
http://a1259.g.akamai.net/f/1259/5586/1d/images.art.com/images/PRODUCTS/large/10053000/10053980.jpg
nice dali JPaul

OMG a one liner and a pic oops :P

N£MO
09-09-2003, 08:47 AM
This place is about the characters,so let those who want to post do as they please.

lynx
09-09-2003, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by Illuminati@9 September 2003 - 08:34
Santa Claus does not exist, and will not be spotted here (except near Christmas, when several drunk and/or high members impersonate the fat bastard)
Bastard!
You upset hundreds of kids making remarks like that.
Of course Santa exists, he's just on holiday at the moment. :rolleyes:

Illuminati
09-09-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by lynx+9 September 2003 - 12:32--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 9 September 2003 - 12:32)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Illuminati@9 September 2003 - 08:34
Santa Claus does not exist, and will not be spotted here (except near Christmas, when several drunk and/or high members impersonate the fat bastard)
Bastard&#33;
You upset hundreds of kids making remarks like that.
Of course Santa exists, he&#39;s just on holiday at the moment. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
"Holiday" or rehab? ;)

kb123
09-09-2003, 01:51 PM
When can we expect some intelligent answers to posts which are serious requests for advice or help? Perhaps this is something else that has now been lost on KaaZaa. Very sad to see, but I wonder if we could start a sensible persons forum? :huh:

ilw
09-09-2003, 01:57 PM
I wonder if we could start a sensible persons forum?
you go on ahead, we&#39;ll catch up. :P
This forum is great the way it is, if the mods were more strict it would be less fun. If u don&#39;t like the avatars and sigs, then turn them off.

Grimlock
09-09-2003, 02:07 PM
No I think he is reffering to the fact that this person started a thread they felt to be legitimate and in return instaed of opinions and facts backing up peoples thought s on the issue all he did was get shit on. Jesus everyone is entitled to their opinion isn&#39;t that the point that most of you are trying to make yourselves. I am not saying I agree withthe thread but I don&#39;t hate anyone for trying t express their opinions. Just settle down everybody.

kb123
09-09-2003, 02:13 PM
No problems with the sigs and avatars, its some of the remarks made to sensible comments by members that to me seem uncalled for, and could be more constructive replies. :spam: :spam:

Barbarossa
09-09-2003, 02:14 PM
I agree there&#39;s no need for people to be so nasty all the time... ;)

Celerystalksme
09-09-2003, 04:15 PM
i will quote justin timberlake for the first and only time ever...

Cry Me A River...

nowstfuplz4tehlovekthnxbye...

J'Pol
09-09-2003, 06:58 PM
I expressed my opinion, in the way that I chose to express it. As my collegue pointed out a one liner and a picture post.

Is that OK with everyone.

Why do people assume that "sensible" posts have more value than silly ones. Indeed the world has enough sensible &#036;hit going on. Some stupidity helps sometimes.

Wibble.

N£MO
09-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@9 September 2003 - 19:58
I expressed my opinion, in the way that I chose to express it. As my collegue pointed out a one liner and a picture post.

Is that OK with everyone.

Why do people assume that "sensible" posts have more value than silly ones. Indeed the world has enough sensible &#036;hit going on. Some stupidity helps sometimes.

Wibble.
Wobble.

jetje
09-09-2003, 07:11 PM
Guys wish you could have stayed on topic. If new people walk in and just have a remark... take your time and listen to it....
Maybe someone has a good idea .

oh and Hogster... there is an edit function. You don&#39;t need to make a new post to ad something to your previous one.
Check it maybe you find how the edit works&#33;

J'Pol
09-09-2003, 08:08 PM
I don&#39;t think I went of topic old bean. I was expressing my opinion, that some of us like the feel of the board as it is. We treat it as fun and enjoyable.

This board, more than any I know is moderated with a light touch and the members really enjoy it that way. If someone comes along and wishes to express their opinion that it should be changed and "tidied up" then I support their right to have and express that opinion. Sometimes some of the drivel threads annoy me as well, but who am I to censor or make value judgements on other peoples work. Unless I find it in excessively bad taste, or overly offensive, then I have a right to comment.

I feel that I am entitled to express my opinion in the same way that he has the right to express his. I chose to do that, in this instance, as a one liner and posting a picture (a masterpiece I may add). Surely that is my prerogative. I was not offensive or dis-respectful towards the chap. I just wanted to make my point, in my own way.

lynx
09-09-2003, 09:04 PM
I think the whole point is that the forum is the way it is because the vast majority of members want it to be that way. Anyone who doesn&#39;t like the format of the forum is perfectly free to move on, no-one is holding them here. Change the format and you may find that many of the regular members may feel they no longer like it and may decide to move on too. We have already lost quite a few with the recent board problems, I hope not permanently, but I doubt that changing the format will encourage them to return.

Edit: having just re-read JP&#39;s post, I think he has a very strong point about the &#39;light&#39; moderation. I feel that by and large the fact that the moderation is so &#39;light&#39;, most people tend to respect it - treat people like adults and they will behave like adults - but obviously the moderation has to be there because there are always some who will abuse things. But it also lends a very light-hearted feel to the board, and I think most people appreciate that.

Sparkle1984
09-09-2003, 09:15 PM
I love the forum as it is, and don&#39;t think it needs to be changed in any way. I think the avatars and sigs are fun&#33;&#33; :D