PDA

View Full Version : What you think about trading

ZoorBa
11-25-2008, 07:51 PM
What is your views on trading (accounts and invites)

11-25-2008, 07:55 PM
invites should always be free , even if you have the '1337357' tracker ever you should just be more picky as to who gets it

jaszypoo
11-25-2008, 07:58 PM
Keep trading at a minimal or just refrain from it. Some people go crazy when it comes to trading in these forums.

Just my 2 cents.

respawn40
11-25-2008, 08:00 PM
Don't do it all all ;)

ovisan
11-25-2008, 08:01 PM
I totally disagree!

phosphors
11-25-2008, 08:09 PM
Don't do it all all ;)

Yes, don't break tracker rules and send/recieve invites through forums.

To bad NOBODY follows this rule (including you).

NippleCake
11-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Don't do it all all ;)

amen :happy:

Castronaut
11-25-2008, 08:15 PM
I think the general mentality is people want to be where they are not. Secret societies have fascinated us humans for years, so have secret clubs, which in essence, what these are. So people will go to any lengths to get in, including trading.

It's their choice, I guess.

respawn40
11-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Yes, don't break tracker rules and send/recieve invites through forums.

To bad NOBODY follows this rule (including you).

Too bad I've NEVER traded invites or gave away/requested invites through forums.

OK, I lied... A few months ago (I think it was a few months), I requested an invite for MySpleen here at FST. And I was recruited into another tracker via a "mystery giveaway" here at FST a few months back. But other than that, nada. Any other tracker that I am on is because people have invited me to be so.

:bag:

alcoholik
11-25-2008, 08:32 PM
every tracker schould have invite to only have good members

piratebot
11-25-2008, 09:52 PM
it doesn't bother me if people do it. it's their choice. there are risks of course.
to me, it's still on the same level as doing giveaways to strangers.

Cabalo
11-25-2008, 11:35 PM
All morals apart, trading is exactly as bad as public giveaways.

this is my truth, tell me yours.

DannyGnXz
11-25-2008, 11:43 PM
You have to abide by the rules of the tracker. A lot of GOOD community based trackers actively seek out people who are breaking the rules and ban them.

Other trackers have no rules on trading.

That being said, I wouldn't want my own invite tree, account or tracker to become compromised because the wrong person was invited or gained access to an account.

Invites should be free, sometimes a little work is required to get an invite but well worth it to certain trackers.
Accounts should never be traded.

nthpeter
11-25-2008, 11:50 PM
Trading isnt bad. A good trader gains access to top sites within weeks, or months, but a good anti-trader get only some low level trackers (well, there are exceptions...). So building reputation and turning into a community fanatic takes a lot more time, which isnt good if you only need warez, but if you are alone and online 24/7 and have no life.

If you get banned because of a trader, you can always get back.

IdolEyes787
11-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Nice logic like.
Makes me want to go out and kill people and take their money so I won't have to waste the time working for it or something.:dabs:

Wladdy
11-26-2008, 01:03 AM
I don't like traders ! That's all i have to say :lol:

nthpeter
11-26-2008, 01:06 AM
Nice logic like.
Makes me want to go out and kill people and take their money so I won't have to waste the time working for it or something.:dabs:

Thanks. My logic isnt so bad, just rational (as far as i think). Kill ppl if you want, but be careful, there are a lot of cops out there who want to stop you :ermm:

respawn40
11-26-2008, 01:08 AM
A good trader gains access to top sites within weeks, or months

What if I said that a nice, quality non-trader could get into 'top sites" in a few months, as well? :bag: Because if I did ever say that, then that wouldn't be a lie.

There really IS little reason to trade your way into sites.

Thanks. My logic isnt so bad, just rational (as far as i think). Kill ppl if you want, but be careful, there are a lot of cops out there who want to stop you :ermm:

But killing people to take money from them is wrong, so you shouldn't be doing it anyway :bag:

nthpeter
11-26-2008, 01:17 AM
What if I said that a nice, quality non-trader could get into 'top sites" in a few months, as well? :bag: Because if I did ever say that, then that wouldn't be a lie.

There really IS little reason to trade your way into sites.

But killing people to take money from them is wrong, so you shouldn't be doing it anyway :bag:[/quote]

I said there are exceptions. And i said that if someone want only warez, then trading is the best way, it wouldnt be a lie at least. There are a lot of anti-traders who want hq sites, but they spend too much time selling themself as anti-traders. (btw, there are no good or bad things, its determination ;))

Cabalo
11-26-2008, 04:07 AM
I don't like traders ! That's all i have to say :lol:

well, at this particular forum, making such a statement means you probably won't get much of your requests fulfilled.

i will keep this on my notes, so that when i see you asking for an invite that some trader is offering, paste it there.

yes, because i consider all these anti-traders etc as hypocrites.

i hold no grudge against them at all (though i see a lot of disgusting things happening), it's all part of the game. and you should respect all other members as they probably don't frown the fact that you are a giveaway'er (just made this word out :happy: )

aysomc
11-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Trading isnt bad. A good trader gains access to top sites within weeks, or months, but a good anti-trader get only some low level trackers (well, there are exceptions...). So building reputation and turning into a community fanatic takes a lot more time, which isnt good if you only need warez, but if you are alone and online 24/7 and have no life.

some people are just retarded. i was invited to fsc and revolt by admins after being active here only a month or 2. so i got into the trackers i wanted just by being friendly and i got to use my own name and be invited by admins so my invite tree will never be a problem unless im the one who causes it. also i didnt have to break any tracker rules and the chance of being scammed was 0%. saying "Trading isnt bad" just shows how little you really know about private torrent sites though so i wouldn't expect the sentences that come after it to make any sense or be correct. i must have no life though, since making a couple posts a day on a few sites definitely takes up 24 hours. douche.

Artemis
11-26-2008, 05:03 AM

some people are just retarded. i was invited to fsc and revolt by admins after being active here only a month or 2. so i got into the trackers i wanted just by being friendly and i got to use my own name and be invited by admins so my invite tree will never be a problem unless im the one who causes it. also i didnt have to break any tracker rules and the chance of being scammed was 0%. saying "Trading isnt bad" just shows how little you really know about private torrent sites though so i wouldn't expect the sentences that come after it to make any sense or be correct. i must have no life though, since making a couple posts a day on a few sites definitely takes up 24 hours. douche.

There are also certain trackers that look back into your history no matter how remote so the collector traders who have to have every site are always dangling on the edge of a sword, if they are found the a/c is banned and quite often this can have a ripple effect since believe it or not staff actually talk to each other and so there is always the infamous global ban. Now I personally have seen the banhammer in action a few times and it is quite impressive, so for those of you who think that there are no risks to trading don't be so sure.
Another thing, I am a member of the trackers I belong to because other people wanted me to be a member of those trackers and forums, I can and do post any where I like, can talk to staff chat in irc as well as download the files that I want. I do not need to lurk , my tracker names are the same and everyone who I want to know who I am does. This was all done in far less time than many of the hardcore traders who suddenly hit that magical glass ceiling, where the tracker staff have to approve your membership and actually look into your history.

nthpeter
11-26-2008, 11:44 AM

I do know private torrent sites, i know more than some traders, but i also can imagine other ppl thoughts. Not everyone is like you.

PlayeR
11-26-2008, 11:57 AM
some people are just retarded. i was invited to fsc and revolt by admins after being active here only a month or 2. so i got into the trackers i wanted just by being friendly and i got to use my own name and be invited by admins so my invite tree will never be a problem unless im the one who causes it.

I think it was way back when it was a lit bit easier to get in or maybe you were lucky. now, you have to be very active and good. and 2 months arent enough.
I maybe wrong tho'.:unsure:

Disme
11-26-2008, 01:00 PM
You do get in trackers without trading ... but it ain't gonna be easy, not in the short term.

It is perfectly possible to get into (almost) every tracker around by not trading, but offcourse being a contributing member here and at other places takes time and effort. Being active and writing posts that consist of more than 'Good luck', 'Thank you', etc... requires some intellectual capacities and some basic knowledge of the English language and off course some sociological, interpersonal skills are never wasted.

Some people don't have time for that, they want it all and they want it now, preferably without any hassle or any effort, regardless of security, tracker rules etc ...

PlayeR
11-26-2008, 01:11 PM
I agree with that, Disme

adioami
11-26-2008, 01:18 PM
actually i'm not newbie in torrent world, i think trading is not good and very dangerous with your current account

helpme
11-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Trade is wrong way to get what you need
As tracker rules said
Don`t trade your account or invites
it`s really bad way

nthpeter
11-26-2008, 01:23 PM
You do get in trackers without trading ... but it ain't gonna be easy, not in the short term.

It is perfectly possible to get into (almost) every tracker around by not trading, but offcourse being a contributing member here and at other places takes time and effort. Being active and writing posts that consist of more than 'Good luck', 'Thank you', etc... requires some intellectual capacities and some basic knowledge of the English language and off course some sociological, interpersonal skills are never waisted.

Some people don't have time for that, they want it all and they want it now, preferably without any hassle or any effort, regardless of security, tracker rules etc ...

Contributing to be a part of a community is a great thing. Contributing to be able to access warez is a lie. Trading to be able to access warez is a good thing. These 3 things are not the same.

("some basic knowledge of the English language", thanks, i know my english is very bad)

IdolEyes787
11-26-2008, 02:36 PM

Nice logic like.

My point,which I thought was fairly obvious,was that you seem to value expediency over morality .

waki
11-26-2008, 02:38 PM

It is perfectly possible to get into (almost) every tracker around by not trading, but offcourse being a contributing member here and at other places takes time and effort. Being active and writing posts that consist of more than 'Good luck', 'Thank you', etc... requires some intellectual capacities and some basic knowledge of the English language and off course some sociological, interpersonal skills are never wasted.

i totally agree.

i never traded, but i'm on almost every "high level" (duh) trackers. it's not that hard to join them if you want to participate in their community. ofcourse if you don't enjoy chatting on irc, using the forums, 'they' will never get to know you. but that's good, because private trackers wants active ppl, not the collector guy who login to the site once in a week just for keeping his acc alive.

Presto
11-26-2008, 02:59 PM
I don't care as long as the trader is not in my invite-tree and as long as he won't come here moaning and making excuses a la my brother used my account, after losing his account.

puckface
11-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Trade is wrong way to get what you need
As tracker rules said
Don`t trade your account or invites
it`s really bad way

Tracker rules also say don't give your invites to people you don't know. Does that mean people who give invites away here in the giveaway/request section are bad too?

Detale
11-26-2008, 04:36 PM
All morals apart, trading is exactly as bad as public giveaways.

this is my truth, tell me yours.
Nope, it's not. Staff on lots of trackers do giveaways here from time to time, but I have yet to see staff from a tracker trade for an invite ;)

I remember when I first started out I traded a little bit but someone showed me that it's not the correct way to do things and shortly, veeery shortly after that I had almost all trackers I wanted and even some I didn't I'd say maybe 3 months after that I was flush. I think it is mostly who you know and don't be a prick :)

sheriff 01
11-26-2008, 04:44 PM
Nope, it's not. Staff on lots of trackers do giveaways here from time to time, but I have yet to see staff from a tracker trade for an invite ;)

I remember when I first started out I traded a little bit but someone showed me that it's not the correct way to do things and shortly, veeery shortly after that I had almost all trackers I wanted and even some I didn't I'd say maybe 3 months after that I was flush. I think it is mostly who you know and don't be a prick :)

Detale i agree with you 100% and its to bad other members do not see it this way!

IdolEyes787
11-26-2008, 04:46 PM
and don't be a prick :)

So you're basically saying I have no chance.
Thanks a lot Gandhi.:angry:

nthpeter
11-26-2008, 09:56 PM
and don't be a prick :)

You have chance in both ways. Its up to you what you want more: torrent lover ommunity or just high speed download from a big archive.

IdolEyes787
11-26-2008, 10:04 PM

You have chance in both ways..

Are we talking anal here?

(I can't wait to see what google translate makes of that sentence)

nthpeter
11-26-2008, 10:06 PM

(I can't wait to see what google translate makes of that sentence)

:D:whistling

colyu
11-26-2008, 10:07 PM
Couldn't care less personally. So what if people trade, its their decision to be shunned. I don't trade myself, but I don't see a problem with it. All these "moral issues" with trading is just plain bulls*** in my mind

puckface
11-26-2008, 10:37 PM

When are we NOT talking anal?

lldoryll
11-27-2008, 01:39 AM
Let's just say I'd never give my invite if I knew someone was a trader, even if that happens to be my best friend.
I don't buy the crap about people saying how they've reformed... yada yada...
(if it were like years ago, and it was say.. one lvl 1 tracker for another lvl 1... and never again... then maybe I'll reconsider...)

This little snippet is from bmtv....I think they have the best FAQ/Rules...

"There are plenty of honest users eagerly waiting for an opportunity to have an account with xxxxx, and they will be happy to take your place. We have no need for those who can't be trusted."

who knows where my invite will end up if I give it to a trader?
besides, invites should be given on the basis of how much the potential member could contribute to the community, not just for someone's personal gain (aka the other invite)

Artemis
11-27-2008, 05:43 AM
Couldn't care less personally. So what if people trade, its their decision to be shunned. I don't trade myself, but I don't see a problem with it. All these "moral issues" with trading is just plain bulls*** in my mind

Ahhh yet another fence sitter ' I don't do it, but I don't see any problem' ffs grow some balls, at least others are discussing why they believe a point of view. Just saying I don't do it but I don't see a problem isn't an opinion it's a cop out, or are you just keeping your feet in both camps for that private trade in pm ?

NA_Magus
11-27-2008, 05:58 AM

Ahhh yet another fence sitter ' I don't do it, but I don't see any problem' ffs grow some balls, at least others are discussing why they believe a point of view. Just saying I don't do it but I don't see a problem isn't an opinion it's a cop out, or are you just keeping your feet in both camps for that private trade in pm ?

Are you fucking serious? Don't be so foolish to think he HAS to follow one of two opinions. Maybe it didn't occur to you, but there are people who believe there are more important issues to worry about rather than bitch over who does what over the internet, much less trade invites. God damn the internet is srsbsn.

Funkin'
11-27-2008, 06:23 AM
^ Well said.

Artemis
11-27-2008, 06:44 AM

Are you fucking serious? Don't be so foolish to think he HAS to follow one of two opinions. Maybe it didn't occur to you, but there are people who believe there are more important issues to worry about rather than bitch over who does what over the internet, much less trade invites. God damn the internet is srsbsn.

Yep sure am 'fucking serious' ,I find the whole I don't do it but I don't have a problem with it, live and let live, lets all sit around and knit yoghurt posts around here kind of pathetic actually. I will respect anyone who has an opinion that is well presented whether the point of view is contrary to mine or not, and I have learned a great deal from others opinions. There don't just have to be two opinions 'but I don't do it, but I don't see a problem with it' isn't an opinion, it's a half formed brain fart.
There are so many other things that this little gem are applied to, not just the internet, and I find it truly pathetic. There are no justifications or thoughts behind this 'opinion' it is just a throwaway statement where the person can fence sit on an issue.
At least explain why you do or don't like something, this is filesharing talk not filesharing platitudes, people very clearly know my own opinions whether they agree with them or not.

bblogs
11-27-2008, 06:52 AM
Ah, the compelling discussion of morality amongst those who cheat people from income. :rolleyes:

piratebot
11-27-2008, 06:57 AM
i don't trade because i don't want to risk my account or my invitees. if someone else is desperate enough to go the trading route, that's his choice/problem. serious business.

Albo Da Kid
11-27-2008, 09:25 AM
lol I asked this question to a trader once and this is the asnwer I got:

"What do I think about trading??? I love it. How else am i supposed to get all those high level trackers.

High level = Expensive Invite for sale= More money in my paypal :lol:"

puckface
11-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Yep sure am 'fucking serious' ,I find the whole I don't do it but I don't have a problem with it, live and let live, lets all sit around and knit yoghurt posts around here kind of pathetic actually. I will respect anyone who has an opinion that is well presented whether the point of view is contrary to mine or not, and I have learned a great deal from others opinions. There don't just have to be two opinions 'but I don't do it, but I don't see a problem with it' isn't an opinion, it's a half formed brain fart.
There are so many other things that this little gem are applied to, not just the internet, and I find it truly pathetic. There are no justifications or thoughts behind this 'opinion' it is just a throwaway statement where the person can fence sit on an issue.
At least explain why you do or don't like something, this is filesharing talk not filesharing platitudes, people very clearly know my own opinions whether they agree with them or not.

Some people only see the world in black and white I guess.

colyu
11-27-2008, 03:27 PM

Ok, the main reason why I don't care if people trade is, in my opinion, there IS nothing that is "morally" wrong in trading. People get it into their heads that trading is horrible and the only way to respectfully get an invite is to trade. Well I believe thats just plain wrong. Its just like bartering. Everyone who lived before currency had to barter. So do those people have no morals? And at FST, where everyone's out to get a higher level tracker, look at where all those invites are! Are the in the giveaway section? No. Are requests for them being filled despite 100+ rep? No. The only place they are in is in the Trading section. And if your goal is to get into some high level tracker, well thats the only place to go.

I'm not trying to sound like too much of a pro-trading person, but giveaways just fail when you try to get some high level tracker.

Funkin'
11-27-2008, 03:33 PM
^ Maybe here most of those "higher level" requests go un-fullfilled, but there's a lot of other closed communities where they do get filled. So no, the only chances to get into those type of trackers is not only by trading.

colyu
11-27-2008, 03:41 PM
^ Maybe here most of those "higher level" requests go un-fullfilled, but there's a lot of other closed communities where they do get filled. So no, the only chances to get into those type of trackers is not only by trading.

True, I'm in one of those "closed communities" and they do giveaway high level invites, but at those places, people don't care about high-level trackers. I know plenty of people who have turned down a higher level tracker for a lower one, as their satisfied with what they've got. But for the majority of people who are stuck on FST, the only way their gonna get SCT or something else like it is by trading.

Cabalo
11-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Colyu has some very valid points.
Here the morality that stands is the one related with higher bt rep = higher chances to get invited to uk-t/ftn and others.
when those people achieved a high bt-rep, by giving seedhours for quick rep, and then take their chance and request ScT and no one cares, they get disappointed, create a new account and trade their ass off to get there as they have empirically tested the other way, without results.

some other give it, just cuz they want and don't really need much in return, but those are extremely few, and i can't remember of more than a couple of them.

There is no such thing as a magical solution for this forum's problems, except the users taking the issues on their own hands and point the finger when they have to. and i see some actively doing it, which hopefully with a strong control of dupe accounts, will make the air here easier to breath.

Artemis
11-27-2008, 09:23 PM

Ok, the main reason why I don't care if people trade is, in my opinion, there IS nothing that is "morally" wrong in trading. People get it into their heads that trading is horrible and the only way to respectfully get an invite is to trade. Well I believe thats just plain wrong. Its just like bartering. Everyone who lived before currency had to barter. So do those people have no morals? And at FST, where everyone's out to get a higher level tracker, look at where all those invites are! Are the in the giveaway section? No. Are requests for them being filled despite 100+ rep? No. The only place they are in is in the Trading section. And if your goal is to get into some high level tracker, well thats the only place to go.

I'm not trying to sound like too much of a pro-trading person, but giveaways just fail when you try to get some high level tracker.

I understand the reasons why some trade, and there are those who do trade in exactly the way you describe, but my main objection with trading is that this currency has unscrupulous 'stockbrokers' that simply trade for the sake of trading.There are many examples here at this forum 4pirates and bakkouka are two that come to mind.
Then of course trading is the thin end of the wedge, with trading comes all the scams and of course invite selling, there are even auction sites around where people bid on invites or accounts.Without trading there would be none of the scamming that goes on around here and at other similar forums and the scammers would be out of a hobby. Just like there are those who say they simply want to barter their invites to get into 'higher level' trackers there are those who are here for the rip, to get one over on others whether it is to get something which has a higher value or simply to take acounts from unwary n00bs who don't know that the trading process has consequences. You only have to look at the threads every couple of days to see the omg someone stole my account threads to realise just how often this happens.
Finally it is a complete fallacy that the only way to get into high level trackers is by trading. Many of these websites have closed membership and only invite on staff approval simply because they are sick and tired of having invites to the site traded, so it is trading itself which makes joining these sites more difficult. Many of the staff of these trackers are here and at other forums as well and invite users as they get to know them. All trackers want new members even the 'high level' ones, so very simply if you post and and chat in irc you will interact with other members who get to know you these same members will in turn invite you to other communities.

colyu
11-27-2008, 09:56 PM

I understand the reasons why some trade, and there are those who do trade in exactly the way you describe, but my main objection with trading is that this currency has unscrupulous 'stockbrokers' that simply trade for the sake of trading.There are many examples here at this forum 4pirates and bakkouka are two that come to mind.
Then of course trading is the thin end of the wedge, with trading comes all the scams and of course invite selling, there are even auction sites around where people bid on invites or accounts.Without trading there would be none of the scamming that goes on around here and at other similar forums and the scammers would be out of a hobby. Just like there are those who say they simply want to barter their invites to get into 'higher level' trackers there are those who are here for the rip, to get one over on others whether it is to get something which has a higher value or simply to take acounts from unwary n00bs who don't know that the trading process has consequences. You only have to look at the threads every couple of days to see the omg someone stole my account threads to realise just how often this happens.
Finally it is a complete fallacy that the only way to get into high level trackers is by trading. Many of these websites have closed membership and only invite on staff approval simply because they are sick and tired of having invites to the site traded, so it is trading itself which makes joining these sites more difficult. Many of the staff of these trackers are here and at other forums as well and invite users as they get to know them. All trackers want new members even the 'high level' ones, so very simply if you post and and chat in irc you will interact with other members who get to know you these same members will in turn invite you to other communities.

I agree that if you get to know people, you will, sooner or later, get an invite that you much desire, and that trackers are sick of invite sellers and traders. But, a lot of people aren't willing to go through all the effort of going on IRC, making friends, and then getting an invite. Look at Houssam for example. He's done a lot of giveaways, got 80 rep, but yet he still isn't in SCT, HDBits, or Elektronic, the ones that he wants, so he's resorted to trading.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that while giving away is the best option, as you said to avoid scamming, at a place like FST, the only way to get into SCT, E*** etc. is to trade. The best a person will get at FST by giving away is probably What.CD, or maybe HDbits.

aysomc
11-27-2008, 11:59 PM
I guess what I'm trying to say is that while giving away is the best option, as you said to avoid scamming, at a place like FST, the only way to get into SCT, E*** etc. is to trade. The best a person will get at FST by giving away is probably What.CD, or maybe HDbits.

lol, thats news to me. i didnt even do the whole rep thing and tons of public giveaways, i was just active and expressed my opinions(which made it clear i am against trading and i do give invites away, just usually in private when i find a person that seems deserving) and while i dont want to mention any trackers since they dont want their name thrown around you can see 1 obvious tracker that i am a part of, and yes, i got it through fst and from a fucking admin of all people. if you trade because you think its the only way into high level trackers then there are 2 problems i see, you're wrong about what you think, and you care way too much about a shitty level system. talk to friends about sites and if they say you'd like it, go for it, but dont try to get it just because its uber 1337 level X.

IdolEyes787
11-28-2008, 12:16 AM
. But, a lot of people aren't willing to go through all the effort of going on IRC, making friends, and then getting an invite. Look at Houssam for example. He's done a lot of giveaways, got 80 rep, but yet he still isn't in SCT, HDBits, or Elektronic, the ones that he wants, so he's resorted to trading.

The problem with your statement colyu is that you fail to understand certain things.

You assume that people are stupid and can't differentiate between the sincere and the self-servicing as in types like Houssam whose generosity really only extends only as far as it benefits them.

You also wrongly assume that just because a tracker is higher on that precious "what trackers are worth list" it is somehow intrinsically better than all beneath it.

But your biggest mistake is that you wrongly assume that making friends is somehow a chore and nothing more than a means to your questionable goals.

colyu
11-28-2008, 01:29 AM
Firstly, I never said that making friends was a chore. I've met many people online who I would consider real-life friends, not just half hearted online friends.

Also, I never said, and I hope never implied, that a higher level tracker is better than a lower one. I have been nothing but satisfied with TL and TTi, and have never truly wanted an SCT invite. That is one of the major downfalls of FST that I see, and one that I try to avoid. Some people (I'm not saying most this time) believe that just because a tracker is higher level than an another one, its somehow better. Its not.

The only reason I said...

...is that it just seems to me that FST is a futile place to gain a tracker such as BitmeTV or SCT. Of course, aysomc proves the exception, but I do wonder how many people are fortunate like him.

aysomc
11-28-2008, 02:19 AM
a lot are, but many of them get what they need and move on. or if they're anything like me they've been told by a lot of people that fst is a waste of time. that becomes truer by the day it seems but i still find some good people here from time to time and help them so for now ill be sticking around. i think they made a huge mistake by removing the community reps, since then it has slowly turned into a bunch of faggoty drama and retards that cant use the search function.

stoi
11-28-2008, 02:28 AM
Well CR are still here, we just have not got any stars like before.

I think the main problem is, New Members cant PM anyone, never mind CR, so they bring it into the forums, yeah they cant read, or make 1000 new threads (so that doesnt mean they would have PMed the CR anyway i suppose lol) but a better chance back then, than now, saying as though they cant.

as for (invite) trading, it has its place, and invite forums, are not the places.

its not so much it goes on, its more the fact of where it goes on.

colyu
11-28-2008, 02:52 AM
I've stopped offering invites here, unless I find someone really worthy of an invite. Only SPU's/Elites at the various trackers I use regularly get my invites, as they're the only people I can trust.

aysomc
11-28-2008, 02:53 AM
it seemed like back when com reps had their stars though they were more active and actually gave a fuck. now it seems like only a few of you even bother posting here anymore.

colyu
11-28-2008, 03:05 AM
Off topic rant here, but...

You see many people here requesting invites, saying they're great members at other trackers, and their request isn't being fulfilled. Take for example, What.CD. I personally see requests for it very often. Why don't the "good members" take an invite to Stmusic, become power user there, and then get the free invite? Or why don't they just go through the IRC invite system? Were they banned before? Do they not have the knowledge to get into What.CD? IMO, if they can't do either of these options, they do not deserve an account. They don't show the dedication needed to become a useful user at What. What respectful torrenter needs a giveaway if they can just do one of the two options?

/End rant at useless noobs at FST.

vobilli
11-28-2008, 08:13 AM
You see many people here requesting invites, saying they're great members at other trackers, and their request isn't being fulfilled. Take for example, What.CD. I personally see requests for it very often. Why don't the "good members" take an invite to Stmusic, become power user there, and then get the free invite? Or why don't they just go through the IRC invite system? Were they banned before? Do they not have the knowledge to get into What.CD? IMO, if they can't do either of these options, they do not deserve an account. They don't show the dedication needed to become a useful user at What. What respectful torrenter needs a giveaway if they can just do one of the two options?

I've been a What user for about a year and I had no idea they offered invites through irc or Stmusic. I don't agree that people don't deserve an account because they lack the information to get a legitimate one (i.e. not through the trade forums).

Under most circumstances I'm against trading invitations, but I can think of at least one situation where a trade would be okay.

Disme
11-28-2008, 08:31 AM
faggoty drama

That's about the only thing I still visit FST for :happy:

Surya
11-28-2008, 09:18 AM
faggoty drama

That's about the only thing I still visit FST for :happy:

:lol::lol::lol: