PDA

View Full Version : teens surviving without adults, what book?

worldpease
11-26-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi every1,
I wonder if you could help me find this book,
it's a book for young adults I remember being released a few months ago or may be even a year or so.
From what I can remember it's supposed to be about all the adults disappearing all over the world and teens is all there is left so a bunch of them group together and try to solve whatever is happening or what happen to the adults I think.

Do you remember hearing of it?
I tried Google and different web libraries but couldn't find anything.
-

ostracizado
11-27-2008, 04:00 PM
Hmmmm .. can only think of William Golding's "Lord of the Flies" .. but that one isnt new ..

worldpease
11-27-2008, 08:25 PM
Hmmmm .. can only think of William Golding's "Lord of the Flies" .. but that one isnt new ..
I've heard of that one, a classic, right?, but no, this one is a relatively new release.

vobilli
11-28-2008, 03:49 PM
Try asking in BookSleuth (http://forums.abebooks.com/abesleuthcom), I've found several lost books through those forums.

worldpease
12-03-2008, 04:31 AM
Ok, I got it!, after a lot of cross-reference and investigation I found it,
it's called 'Gone', by Michael Grant;
also found out it is supposed to be the first of a six part series
but the sad thing is that there is no audio book version so far.
Still at least now I know what to look for when I find myself in the library.

ostracizado
12-03-2008, 05:46 AM
Will check it too .. but say .. what do u guys "see" in audio books ? i cant even download books ... love them too much ..to not have them in the bookshelf.. =P

worldpease
12-03-2008, 07:47 PM
what do u guys "see" in audio books ? i cant even download books ... love them too much ..to not have them in the bookshelf.. =P
I agree, I also like the feeling of actually having the book, but audio is kinda' convenient if you don't have that much free time, plus here in Mexico I some times find it harder to get the books I want. So is a combination of reasons for me, lol.

ostracizado
12-03-2008, 08:34 PM
yeah .. i can image that .. i also have the same problem and that's why i started to use amazon.co.uk quite a lot .. a book that is released in the UK takes years to arrive to Portugal .. =|