PDA

View Full Version : Funkysouls

Funkin'
11-28-2008, 06:20 AM
Since this site is in another language, how exactly do you download from it? Or is it one of the RS music sites that you have to be invited to? I don't even see a register link.

I see a couple albums on there that I can't even find on Soulseek at the moment, so it appears to have some great content.

Thanks for any info.

Spillage
11-28-2008, 11:35 AM
It's a Russian warez/music forum, best in town . Registration isn't that difficult, i & shed loads of non-Russian speakers have managed it .
From the main page http://forum.funkysouls.com , click on the British flag icon (top-ish right) , this supposedly makes it easier for English speakers to navigate the russian forum .
Under the FunkySouls logo is a light blue bar, with option to ???? (Log In) or ??????????? (Register) . Register .

Extra info from a previous post:-
It's a Russian site & takes time to learn how to navigate & refine the excellent search facility & how the forums work . But once conquered, it's a gold mine . Most conversations & links are Russian, but there's plenty of English speakers & alternative links to make this indespensable .

FunkySouls forum setup :
Posting in the forums is different from most warez sites . Each Artist / Band / has an individual thread . You search for the appropriate thread & add links / requests / messages to it . Nice & simple .
The search facility is king, but at first it's easy to get a bit wrong . It's default is to search only in the forum you're currently browsing . For instance, you're at the Neotropic thread, part of the Electronic subforum, you enter a search for the Death Metal band called Rigor Mortis , nothing is returned (thankfully) . However, If you change the search field to the Rock forum, the Rigor Mortis thread is found (sadly) . Alternatively, just search from the main page (this searches all forums) .
Most Ruskies use ifolder.ru to host their files . It's possible for non-Russians to use it, but it's restricted & there's shed load of hoops to jump through . It's rare not to find an alternatively hosted file, people are generally happy to provide one , if you're polite .
It may seem like hassle, but the rewards should more than compensate .

cinephilia
11-28-2008, 06:25 PM
thanks for the info Spillage :)

Funkin'
11-29-2008, 12:59 AM
You are just a gold mine of information for all things RS Spillage. I'm glad I asked.

It looks like there is so much music there. Thank you for all this info. It's really appreciated.

EDIT: So you would probably know, how often does skafunkrastapunk open up? I've been checking their registration page for the last two weeks, and it keeps saying their closed, but to try back again.

Spillage
11-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Can't help much with SFRP , i haven't been the most active member recently & hadn't noticed membership was closed . Can't find any mention of why it was closed, or when it'll be opened again . Last new member joined 19th November, so i'm guessing they're open intermittently .
It's much smaller than FunkySouls , but it's one of the rare forums where the community is actually worth something . There's plenty of genres & sub-genres of music covered in detail , plus the input from the many Bloggers often leads you to new aural experiences .

Funkin'
11-29-2008, 10:12 PM
Sounds like a nice forum than. I'll keep checking everyday for open registration.

Thanks.

cinephilia
11-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Spillage, i take the opportunity to ask you if you could take a look at my question:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-file-sharing-8/t-what-it-leakedcom-321121/page3

thanks

Spillage
11-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Cinephilia , doesn't mean anything to me .
I like obscure music / film , for free . If it (whatever it is) doesn't fit any of those categories , it's unlikely i'll have stumbled across it .

cinephilia
11-30-2008, 06:05 PM
i'm not sure to have fully understood your post, anyway, i like non mainstream films/music (i don't know if we can say "obscure music") and i just wanted to have some informations about a site that i know nothing about.

Spillage
11-30-2008, 06:31 PM
Fair enough .
I have no idea about the site you're very interested in ..

Funkin'
12-03-2008, 05:30 AM
Hmmm...now I finally caught skafunkrastapunk being open. I registered and logged in. But now the page is saying This Board Has No Forums. Is this just a bug? Or am I missing something?

Spillage
12-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Just bad timing . The site's been down for a couple of days for a major fix .

p.s.
Like FunkySouls, getting to grips with the Search facility is essential . Lots of music is posted in the various genre specific mega-threads, so setting search results to show as posts rather than the default of threads , gets better results .

Disme
12-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Signed up too ... thx Funkin and Spillage for the info!!!

Funkin'
12-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Thanks for the tip on the search info. I've found this pretty much the best method for search even at sites like Warez-BB or ForumW.

I'm glad it's just bad timing. I was really hoping that it wasn't going to be one of those accidental open registrations. Well, I've gotten into a few really nice RS forums lately that I wanted(Retroflix, Funksouls, and SFRP), now I just need to find me a good lossless music forum and I think I'll be all set for my downloading needs.

And Disme I've found with Funksouls, along with the bigger RS forums(like Warez-BB) I no longer really need trackers like What for my mp3's. It's very nice just to be able to download now and not have to worry about hurting a ratio. :)

Funkin'
12-07-2008, 04:19 AM
SFRP still not working for you guys? I'm still getting the This Board Has No Forums message.

ben99
12-08-2008, 11:53 PM
SFRP still not working for you guys? I'm still getting the This Board Has No Forums message.

works for me, I get a forum.

As for funkysouls, it's a great forum to find rapidshare links as well as links for only russian users.

High-Level-Guy
12-09-2008, 04:16 AM
Signed up thx

Funkin'
12-09-2008, 07:15 AM

works for me, I get a forum.

As for funkysouls, it's a great forum to find rapidshare links as well as links for only russian users.

Really? When did you sign up? Was it within the last week or two, or have you been a member for months?

This kinda sucks.

EDIT: Ok, I just signed up another account, and now I see every forum. I'm guessing when I signed up before the board was having problems. But now with the new account everything is fine.

cinephilia
12-10-2008, 05:21 PM
Information

Creating a new account is currently not possible.

:(

Funkin'
12-11-2008, 05:30 AM
So you're still getting the This Board Has No Forums problem cinephilia? Just pm iunex on the SKRP forums, and tell him your problem. This is what I did, and he made it to where I can see the forums, and I asked him to delete the new account that I created.

He mentioned that there's probably others having this problem. So just give him a pm, he should fix you up.

fstalk
12-11-2008, 09:30 AM
Funkin and Spillage
as a big fan of music, thanks for the info.

cinephilia
12-11-2008, 02:41 PM
So you're still getting the This Board Has No Forums problem cinephilia? Just pm iunex on the SKRP forums, and tell him your problem. This is what I did, and he made it to where I can see the forums, and I asked him to delete the new account that I created.

He mentioned that there's probably others having this problem. So just give him a pm, he should fix you up.
thanks for the info Funkin' but my problem is simply that i'm not member there and i can't create an account (seems the forum is closed).

Funkin'
12-13-2008, 11:21 AM
No problem fsttalk.

And cinephillia, maybe they're just having problems right now? Since when they were closed and I was trying to register, I was getting a completely diiferent message.

I'll keep my eye out and once they're open again I'll let you know.

cinephilia
12-13-2008, 05:24 PM
thanks a lot Funkin', i'll try to register from time to time anyway.

thomassio
04-26-2022, 06:11 AM
Hello everyone, any sites or forums similar to funkysouls as it does not exist anymore

anon
04-27-2022, 11:18 PM
How about the almighty RuTracker? You can use webtor.io if torrents are blocked or you're afraid of the RIAA party van. There's also SoulSeek and Fopnu, and doing an image search for the album's name or cover art often throws up public blogs with download links (if you don't mind going through two link protectors, four captchas, seven pop-ups and a breakdancing contest to get your album), although Google filters a lot of pirate results.

Wish I could help more, but all the DDL sources I knew either died or became paysites.

Funkin'
05-06-2022, 07:59 PM
This site mustve been pretty great if I started a thread about it. But my drug riddled brain is not allowing me to remember it.

There's also SoulSeek and Fopnu,

Is fopnu like a new soulseeek or something? I don't see an About on their site. I just know soulseek is still going strong. I hope this is the one p2p platform that never dies.

EDIT: After a bit more digging it seems to be a soulseek clone. I see Manjaro has it in it's repos so I'll have to take the app out for a test drive.

anon
05-07-2022, 12:19 AM
Is fopnu like a new soulseeek or something? I don't see an About on their site.

It's like the old WinMX, and made by the same person. Works fairly well, but most files only have a single source, so you may have to be patient.

I just know soulseek is still going strong. I hope this is the one p2p platform that never dies.

A computer magazine I bought circa 2004 described SoulSeek as "a small network with a good selection that's managed to not become a RIAA target so far". Almost two decades later, that is basically (and fortunately :)) still true.

Funkin'
05-21-2022, 07:01 PM
2004 huh? That's quite a while that Soulseek has been up and doing it's thing. I personally think it won't go the way of the dodo. I log into it and grab shit almost a daily basis. So if it were to go away then suicide would be my only option, am i right?

anon
05-22-2022, 05:46 AM
So if it were to go away then suicide would be my only option, am i right?

You'll live, but also be inflicted with a terrible curse... once a month, you'll turn into a zombie that can only say phrases like "I miss Soulseek" and "shutting it down was a crime against humanity".

Or at least, that's how it was for What.cd users.