PDA

View Full Version : dynamic-universe.net [ or another scam ? ]

dogcodeo6
11-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Received: from machine11.localhost ([70.47.114.111])

Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 01:01:35 -0500
To:
Subject: DynamicUniverse Invitation Confirmation
Reply-To: [email protected]
X-Mailer: PHP/5.1.6

Hello,

You have been invited to join the DynamicUniverse community by
hotrod37uk

If you want to accept this invitation, you'll need to click this
link:

http://www.dynamic-universe.net/signup.php?invitenumber=

You'll need to accept the invitation before Wednesday, December 3rd,
2008 - 01:01 or else the link will become inactive.

We on DynamicUniverse hope that you'll accept the invitation and join
our great community!

Personal message from hotrod37uk:

Hi, I sincerelly think you will enjoy DynamicUniverse!

----------------------------------------------------------------------Does anyone know what is the deal about them ? and where do they steal email addresses from?

maybe hotrod37uk (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/hotrod37uk-127863) could enlighten me.

Cabalo
11-28-2008, 03:13 PM
those are usually staff from other sites that u were registered at who send it.
they many times steal the database and go create their own site, sending email to all the members of the former.

normally, i ignore such harses.

OmaRin0
11-28-2008, 03:15 PM
I vote for ignoring it..

leechasaurus
11-28-2008, 06:19 PM
It is a real site but it seems whack. I got invited but did not confirm in time.

hotrod37uk
11-28-2008, 06:41 PM
Hello,

I can confirm that no user details were stolen. We were given an old DB from a site that closed and sent out invites. All invites are valid for 72 hours so none should have expired.

As I say nothing was taken and all invites were sent out in good faith. Some of you know me from another site as well and know I am not looking for a quick buck from anyone.

If these invites offended anyone you have my appologies.

hotrod37uk

cap87
11-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Hello,

I can confirm that no user details were stolen. We were given an old DB from a site that closed and sent out invites. All invites are valid for 72 hours so none should have expired.

As I say nothing was taken and all invites were sent out in good faith. Some of you know me from another site as well and know I am not looking for a quick buck from anyone.

hotrod37uk

you're from SITR right? ;)

hotrod37uk
11-28-2008, 06:49 PM
I also work on sitr, the invites are not from sitr listed users by the way before a rumour like that starts !!

lysine
11-28-2008, 06:50 PM
We were given an old DB from a site that closed

which site?

hotrod37uk
11-28-2008, 06:55 PM
We were given an old DB from a site that closed

which site?

I believe it came from a site called powersceine or powerscene. Not sure of the correct spelling.

Enlightened
11-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Hello,

hotrod37uk

Even though I tried to register , just to check it out, GOT PRETTY FRUSTRATED, during the process of "Create AccT', it kept saying my Gmail >>> "Does Not look like a Valid gmail".........LOL
Why did Dynamic Universe bother to send me an Invitation, if my Gmail does NOT look "Valid"??

Night0wl
11-28-2008, 10:26 PM
I can confirm that this is not SITR database. I have been a member there for a long time and no email, nor PM has been sent to me about this site.

One about free leech at SITR has though :)

Elpigle
11-29-2008, 01:09 AM
I receibed the same mail, but the invite not works :S

Edited: I recibed other invite and i registred and the tracker is new and nice ;)

Recommended ;)

FiGHT
11-29-2008, 04:53 AM
exellent site , pre times are good , site speed is great , good staff , high hopes for DU :)

Funkin'
11-29-2008, 06:10 AM
So it's another 0day/general site? I got like three of these emails, but didn't even bother to click on them.

Cabalo
11-29-2008, 07:37 AM
exellent site , pre times are good , site speed is great , good staff , high hopes for DU :)

wow, what a nice unbiased statement we have here. <_<
a user registers now, comes to a thread and makes all kinds of compliments to a newly born site. :rolleyes:

please, how dumb do you take members here for ?
could at least say you are staff there, and that now u want to make this public and get members from here, then close doors and make invite only and diss FST.

i've seen your kind way too many times.

pone44
11-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Where did they get members emails?

MadIrish
11-29-2008, 10:50 AM
I can confirm that this is not SITR database. I have been a member there for a long time and no email, nor PM has been sent to me about this site.

One about free leech at SITR has though :)

Yep, I can back that up too.

callas
11-29-2008, 10:57 AM
someone have more site info.?

Maelstrom
11-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Meh.

I also received a spam mail from these guys. Furthermore, they've send it to a adress I have only used for a couple of private trackers.

That basically means, they've stolen emailadresses from userbases from other trackers to get their own tracker going.

Not something I'd want to be associated with.

Night0wl
11-29-2008, 05:13 PM
HotRod already said it's from a tracker, that closing (closed?) down.

hotrod37uk
11-30-2008, 05:11 PM

Thank you at least you have read the posts. The info was not stolen, not got by underhand means and more to the point we were given freely the info.

For those that seem intent of throwing around "they stole it" "they hacked it" and other accusations they can not back up because its untrue just do not answer the invite.

To those have have joined and are having a good speeds and polite chat on the site you are more than welcome.

No more posts in this thread from me as it seems to me that some people just like to cause rumours and trouble.

Thanks to FST for letting this thread come to an end.

Cabalo
11-30-2008, 07:32 PM
thank YOU for making our pain come to an end.

advs1
12-04-2008, 08:12 PM
good day all. i was a member at the other website and also received the email for dynamic universe, but the invite was dead before the time mentioned. hotrod37uk, can you let me know how i can get another invite, i'll provide you with the email addy it sent to for confirmation.

pondini
12-10-2008, 12:34 AM
the email list is not from SITR, i can confirm this because i co-owned SITR with hotrod and no one there has complained. i'm not sure if hotrod knows this, but if that email list came from 'powerscene' it is mainly comprised of a list stolen from pussytorrents -originally it was thought to be stolen from TL, but they later confirmed it was from their sister-site, pussytorrents. i'm pretty sure that's the history behind the list, but don't quote me on it.

one would think they would do a bit of homework before spamming a slew of email addresses, but that's all water under the bridge now, i guess.

as for the 'du' site its self, all i can say is some of it's staff are mutineers with zero integrety.

-pd

EDIT: i changed 'most staff' to 'some staff' as some are not bad.

fstalk
12-10-2008, 02:01 AM
I added the email address on my spam list.

HardUp
12-11-2008, 04:50 PM
hello.. i am the man with zero integrity and the ring-leader of the mutineers if you are to believe what pondini writes..

i am not going to call anyone names.. i'm 42 ffs! so let's all grow up and act like the adults we are.. pondini i quit at sitr, which shouldn't bother you because you never liked me in the first place, so don't call me a mutineer, if i was i would have taken over sitr.. isn't that the meaning of mutiny? zero integrity because of what, inviting a few of my friends that were members and staff at sitr to a new site i had started, so you called it poaching?
you always gave me a hard time of things and had to always be objectionable to things i said or did.. you never had any respect for me, so how in the hell you expect me to pay you any respect is totally beyond me.
also please don't start a 'slanging' match you really don't want to go there living in the glass house you have built yourself.

as to the emails, we were given those addresses in good faith from a site that had closed.. they were never stolen, bought or anything. i had no knowledge of them being anything other than the member list of the closed site given by one of the owners.

pondini
12-12-2008, 05:17 PM
hardup, i give you an A+ for perceptivity, as i was mainly talking about you. but 'i was just trying to be informative.'

however, this thread isn't about you per se, it's about how you and 'yours' used a stolen email DB to spam people, just as powerscene did, in the hopes of establishing an immediate footprint in the torrent scene. had you not done that, this thread would not be here.

ps. i'm not going to reply to you in this thread again. start a new one if you want to slap at me.

thrillerboy
12-12-2008, 08:21 PM
yeah... I got a invite too.... lets how this site is......

hotrod37uk
12-12-2008, 08:46 PM

Thank you at least you have read the posts. The info was not stolen, not got by underhand means and more to the point we were given freely the info.

For those that seem intent of throwing around "they stole it" "they hacked it" and other accusations they can not back up because its untrue just do not answer the invite.

To those have have joined and are having a good speeds and polite chat on the site you are more than welcome.

No more posts in this thread from me as it seems to me that some people just like to cause rumours and trouble.

Thanks to FST for letting this thread come to an end.

As I said many posts back this DB was given freely. It has now been destroyed due to further info supplied. There was no need to start the thread going again. A valid question was asked by a member here and a valid answer was given ,explanations made and the thread went to sleep. I see little reason for it to be brought back to life after 2 weeks of inactivity. If anyone requires further info feel free to pm me, for those that know me you know how to get hold of me.