PDA

View Full Version : Wow did you guys see the news on BitmeTV concerning invites . . . ..

Raban
11-29-2008, 12:22 AM
And lastly. Wanted to invite some friends but have been worried that it might fall back on you badly?
Well, anyone invited during the month of December 2008's inviter will be immune for being responsible for those invites. So invite your friends and say stuff the consequenses http://pics.bitmetv.org/smilies/laugh.gif

//BitMeTV.org Staff http://pics.bitmetv.org/smilies/smile1.gif

this is GREAT news !! i have always been hesitant to give away invites on there cause i don't want it to come back and bite me in the ass...

bblogs
11-29-2008, 12:44 AM
Cool, now I can trade my invites and not be worried what the reciever does with them! :)

That was a joke.

pone44
11-29-2008, 01:36 AM
Thought that was a joke. lol :)

slymester
11-29-2008, 01:37 AM
I hope that is a joke? BBlogs.

Check the fine print below the comment

HcTiB01
11-29-2008, 01:53 AM
well, that's a news to all invite traders and chicken inviters. and let's see what happens there after December.

phosphors
11-29-2008, 01:54 AM
And next you will also be able to cheat and not have to worry about the consequences...

HcTiB01
11-29-2008, 01:59 AM
true that... have some triple acc there lol

sheriff 01
11-29-2008, 02:04 AM
And lastly. Wanted to invite some friends but have been worried that it might fall back on you badly?
Well, anyone invited during the month of December 2008's inviter will be immune for being responsible for those invites. So invite your friends and say stuff the consequenses http://pics.bitmetv.org/smilies/laugh.gif

//BitMeTV.org Staff http://pics.bitmetv.org/smilies/smile1.gif
this is GREAT news !! i have always been hesitant to give away invites on there cause i don't want it to come back and bite me in the ass...

Yeh Raban it is great news, you can finally invite denede17 and suffer no consequences for your actions.:drunk:

Raban
11-29-2008, 02:12 AM
Yeh Raban it is great news, you can finally invite denede17 and suffer no consequences for your actions.:drunk:

ya i will be inviting some people but definitely not that goofball

I'm Hot
11-29-2008, 02:34 AM
Cool, now I can trade my invites and not be worried what the reciever does with them!:)

I guess that's the only thing good about this news. Traders the time has come, the world is yours!

leechasaurus
11-29-2008, 03:24 AM
I don't like this site because of the cheesy icons. I don't watch much tv either.

Jman1
11-29-2008, 04:26 AM
I don't like this site because of the cheesy icons. I don't watch much tv either.

Pretty lame reason not to like a site - bitmetv is awesome :D

Cabalo
11-29-2008, 07:49 AM

well, that's a valid reason, i've seen worse. :happy:
i've never bothered to try get to bmtv, as i watch very few stuff from TV, and what i watch is so mainstream that i can get it at any 0-day tracker. I even lost twice my account at tvt.ro due to inactivity, so i understand you.

but i fail to see the point on bmtv's staff statement. were they being sarcastic? or have they noticed that there are too many invites in the system that just sit there with no one daring to use them, and they need fresh blood?
it's the only logical explanation i can find :idunno:

piratebot
11-29-2008, 08:11 AM
maybe they need more donations:whistling

Di@monds
11-29-2008, 08:17 AM
They all need more money lol

johhn
11-29-2008, 09:10 AM
They all need more money lol

credit crunch finally hit bmtv....

integral
11-29-2008, 09:27 AM
BMTV is a really hard place to seed on. Not in the conventional way, either. I mean most people are going to want BMTV because of their internal packs, etc. If you're just going to use it for same-day tv show seeding, then it won't be a problem. But if you want all these huge packs of shows, then it might be hard for you to seed all of them back, without a long while of buffering.

Raban
11-29-2008, 11:33 AM
but i fail to see the point on bmtv's staff statement. were they being sarcastic?

nah i don't think its sarcastic or a joke ... they just want people to feel more comfortable with giving out invites.

really i think its a good thing cause i've gotten to the point i just don't invite many people to any of the sites i'm on... just too nervous to be responsible for what they do...

soulreaper
11-29-2008, 06:06 PM
It's a nice gesture from the bmtv staff. They probably would've gone with their 2x upload+1/2x download thingy anyway.I believe an inviter shouldn't be banned for inviting a spoilt apple,removing his invite privileges is enough of a punishment.
Christmas is a time they feel they shouldn't be assholes although I think IRC would be a different story.

piratebot
11-29-2008, 07:48 PM
BMTV is a really hard place to seed on. Not in the conventional way, either. I mean most people are going to want BMTV because of their internal packs, etc. If you're just going to use it for same-day tv show seeding, then it won't be a problem. But if you want all these huge packs of shows, then it might be hard for you to seed all of them back, without a long while of buffering.
those popular shows/packs are usually freeleech on some 0day trackers. to be honest, the only real reason to have bitmetv is either for older stuff or non-popular shows you can't find elsewhere or you download nothing but tv and you're sick of rars. 0day trackers should be fine
and bmtv doesn't have everything that's old.

johhn
11-29-2008, 08:13 PM
those popular shows/packs are usually freeleech on some 0day trackers. to be honest, the only real reason to have bitmetv is either for older stuff or non-popular shows you can't find elsewhere or you download nothing but tv and you're sick of rars. 0day trackers should be fine

if they were in rars preseed would be so easy to do, higher ratios would be much easier to achieve, but unpacking those rars on seedbox could take some efforts in linux and the speed on bmtv is too fast.
so best way is to use ragular release build up a good ratio then use it for rare things since you cant always seed back.
still a bit confused by the FAQ and rules about hit n run although never had prob b4
have a look
From FAQ
A few words on Ratio etiquette
There is a lot of talk about having a 1:1 ratio and how long you should seed. This should help:
Try to seed each torrent to at least 0.5 (REGARDLESS of how long this takes)
DON'T LEAVE A SWARM that has a low seed to leech ratio until either:
The swarm has lots of seeds and you can do more good seeding elsewhere
You have reached 1:1
From Rules
Downloading rules - By not following these rules you will lose download privileges!
You must continue to seed any torrent you have downloaded until you either reach a 1.00 Download to Upload ratio or 48 hours, whichever comes first.

personally I had a couple of times that I could seed back to .6 and I only seeded for 12 hours but didnt receive any warnings.
any thoughts ?

lysine
11-29-2008, 09:48 PM
but unpacking those rars on seedbox could take some efforts in linux

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/open-rar-file-or-extract-rar-files-under-linux-or-unix/

$ unrar e relasename.rar

wow, that's so much effort involved :whistling

johhn
11-29-2008, 09:59 PM

http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/open-rar-file-or-extract-rar-files-under-linux-or-unix/

$ unrar e relasename.rar

some dedi severs are bit slow to do that job fast and seedbox dont have the access to that operation. bmtv release is normally only about 3 mins behind sct release with the same fast speed. anyway just wanna say direct preseed would be much easier for unrared files.

PoorFook
11-29-2008, 10:00 PM
Isn't ScT lacking behind now?

piratebot
11-29-2008, 10:47 PM

if they were in rars preseed would be so easy to do, higher ratios would be much easier to achieve, but unpacking those rars on seedbox could take some efforts in linux and the speed on bmtv is too fast.
so best way is to use ragular release build up a good ratio then use it for rare things since you cant always seed back.
still a bit confused by the FAQ and rules about hit n run although never had prob b4
have a look
From FAQ
A few words on Ratio etiquette
There is a lot of talk about having a 1:1 ratio and how long you should seed. This should help:
Try to seed each torrent to at least 0.5 (REGARDLESS of how long this takes)
DON'T LEAVE A SWARM that has a low seed to leech ratio until either:
The swarm has lots of seeds and you can do more good seeding elsewhere
You have reached 1:1
From Rules
Downloading rules - By not following these rules you will lose download privileges!
You must continue to seed any torrent you have downloaded until you either reach a 1.00 Download to Upload ratio or 48 hours, whichever comes first.

personally I had a couple of times that I could seed back to .6 and I only seeded for 12 hours but didnt receive any warnings.
any thoughts ?
just follow the rules. rules say min 1:1 or 48 hours. yeah, the faq contradicts the rules, but i think that's just a suggestion for ratio. as for why you haven't gotten warnings, who knows? there is a rule where you can leave the swarm if the seeder to leecher ratio is 6:1 if you are PU (i think)

johhn
11-29-2008, 11:31 PM
[quote=piratebot;3049331
just follow the rules. rules say min 1:1 or 48 hours. yeah, the faq contradicts the rules, but i think that's just a suggestion for ratio. as for why you haven't gotten warnings, who knows? there is a rule where you can leave the swarm if the seeder to leecher ratio is 6:1 if you are PU (i think)[/quote]

I wasnt a pu when I did those but guess they were like 6:1 when I left the swarm(arent they all like that all the time , more than 6:1).
now getting very close to be a vip with 3.0 ratio.shouldnt have downloaded those packs when I started in the first place.

DarkLured
11-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Clearly this whole "invite whomever you want with no consequences" thing is a clever trap intended to lure out traders and would-be traders. Keep your invites! Don't invite anybody! Ever! ;)

piratebot
11-30-2008, 06:17 PM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y195/boweryboy/its-a-trap.jpg

weenden
12-01-2008, 12:02 AM
if thats true sorta sucks caus back in the day a guy i invited turned out to be a cheat .....and now im forbiden to get invites to give this is the pennance i pay for being a nice guy or a sucker could be both...and of cource the guy i invited tells me a different story but since i never heard from since this tells me he was a cheat

Rilly
12-01-2008, 03:59 AM

$ unrar e relasename.rar

And if you want to do a one command unrar of everything

$ find . -iname 'filename.of.rar.s01*.rar' -execdir unrar x {} /path/to/unrar/too/Directory.S01.DVDRip-Scenename/ \;
This will find each rar file within each individual episode folder and unrar it to the main folder of your choosing.

and... its a space between the / and the \

cinephilia
12-01-2008, 04:01 AM
Clearly this whole "invite whomever you want with no consequences" thing is a clever trap intended to lure out traders and would-be traders.
yes, it's exactly what i think.

b1oodyh3ll
12-01-2008, 04:13 AM
so who wants to invite me?

Funkin'
12-01-2008, 06:47 AM
^ You should definitely have a much better chance getting in bmtv in the month of December considering your history.