PDA

View Full Version : Loads of pop ups since useing limewire

Tony L
11-30-2008, 12:46 PM
Hi guys, need your help a friend of mine downloaded limewire and tried to download a song but since she has installed limewire she gets nothing but pop ups when she surfs the net.

Most of the pop ups are advertising or saying that her computer is infected and tells her to download their products.
Ive done a complete scan for her in safe mode got rid of any trace of limewire but still get pop ups is there a program i can use to get rid of these pop ups

Many thanks

cinephilia
11-30-2008, 12:56 PM
help her by uninstalling Limewire and checking the comp with a good AV/anti-spyware ;)

Sonnentier
11-30-2008, 01:05 PM
LimeWire doesn't come with adware for a long time, so probably she downloaded a trojan or something off limewire that contaminated the system.

fernandes599
11-30-2008, 03:27 PM
Just use Spybot search & Destroy, it should solve your problem.

I think you can download it here

http://www.spybot.com/index2.html

cinephilia
11-30-2008, 04:15 PM
spybot sucks, i would rather recommend a program like "malwarebytes' anti-malware".

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

jbloggs
12-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Hmmm, I've never heard of Malwarebytes before. Will have to check it out. Thanks.

natedogg
12-01-2008, 07:08 AM
the ad's are not from limewire, what sites dose she go on?

Tony L
12-01-2008, 12:19 PM
the ad's are not from limewire, what sites dose she go on?

Mainly about her ancestry than she put in limewire ive unistalled limewire but it keeps coming up problem loading limewire

piratebot
12-01-2008, 05:33 PM
run spybot s&d

Blackbeard
12-02-2008, 01:16 AM
I know how you probably got it you downloaded the mp3, then when u played it, it said it needed a plugin to play it and when u download it it was a virus.. you gotta be careful on limewire/ares

Azatos
12-03-2008, 01:20 AM
Probably got than anti-virus 2008 shit like I did when I tried to stream pr0nz,
I had to back-up all my shit and reformat to fix the problem :/ sucked major ass.

reese
12-05-2008, 04:22 AM
I know how you probably got it you downloaded the mp3, then when u played it, it said it needed a plugin to play it and when u download it it was a virus.. you gotta be careful on limewire/ares

we got a winner. You got malware bro and u can get it from just surfing the web and i see alot of it on sites like myspace and youtube. Wanna get rid of it?

try this.

Find a 3 progs

1) smitfruadfix
2) combofix
3) malwarebytes

run smitfruad and combofix in safemode.
run combofix again in normal mode
run malware bytes.

in that order and you will be clean untill your next go around with malware.

GL