PDA

View Full Version : FLAC Tracker?

Col. Skillz
12-05-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm searched through some threads here and noticed most people recommend pedro's, what.cd, e***, and waffles and what.

The only problem with these sites is I can't get in, and I don't know anyone in the BT community.

I'm redoing my entire music collection in FLAC, and that includes all my CD's (mostly stuff from the 70's-90's), but also need a flac source for the newer stuff I enjoy.

I'm asking if anyone knows a good tracker that is possible for me to get into (free tracker)

killercam101
12-05-2008, 06:33 PM
pedros -- you can donate to get into the site

Rigel9
Just do the IRC interview for what.cd

Col. Skillz
It looks like I can donate at pedros to receive access. I would def be willing to do that if needby, but would my access last forever or would it be a temp account? anyone know?

and reg, how exactly do i do the interview at what.cd? i go to the website and don't see any options =(

killercam101
12-05-2008, 06:42 PM
it would be a permanent account at pedros.

monkeyseat
12-05-2008, 06:45 PM
how exactly do i do the interview at what.cd?You join their IRC channel and answer some questions regarding codecs and bitrates.

johhn
12-05-2008, 06:46 PM
all music trackers are very hard to seed,so if you are so keen on dling all the big flac on those trackers as soon as you get in, you will be shooting yourself in the foot despite of hit n run is tolerated on most music trackers. so my advice is to wait for free leech after you get in somewhere. stmusic is easy to get in even being a newbie, what and waffles invites are harder to get hold of, as for e****, you can forget about it for now.
sorry dont have stmusic otherwise wont mind giving you one.
good luck

cinephilia
12-05-2008, 06:53 PM
how exactly do i do the interview at what.cd? i go to the website and don't see any options =(
Here is the way to follow:

How to join What.CD
1. Getting an invite:

Potential users should never ever look for invites from a third party, namely invite sites. ONLY get invites from members of what.cd or from passing the interview. While this may not stop what happened recently to fellow members, it may prevent you from experiencing the joy of getting in only to be banned almost immediately.

2. The interview:

To join What.CD you have to keep a good upload/download ratio or you will get banned pretty quickly. So only try to join What.CD if you are serious about keeping a good upload/download ratio and just not going to join just to download as much as possible and not upload anything.
To join follow these steps:
First you need to download an IRC client if you haven't already got one. I recommend mIRC an easy to use free IRC client, which is downloadable here www.mirc.com (http://www.mirc.com/).
When installed and ready to go. You need to join the What.CD IRC server which is irc.what-network.net (irc://irc.what-network.net) Port 6667. Once you have connected you got to join the channel #what.cd-invites
DO NOT GO TO ANOTHER CHANNEL AND ASK FOR AN INVITE, YOU WILL BE BANNED FROM THE CHANNEL OR IGNORED
When in the channel read the instructions that are given. Type !queue into the channel and you will be added to the waiting list to be interviewed for an invite. Please be patient waiting in the queue can take up to 4 hours or even longer. This is where you got to be one of them people that really want an invite as you could get an invited to the interview at anytime so you really need to stay at your computer watching to screen.
When you get invited to an interview room you will be asked a few question about yourself, how much you know about music e.g. do you know what a FLAC file is? And you might need to provide and image of your upload/download ratio of other private Bittorrent sites. So before you go to an interview room be sure to have a speedtest.net result ready.
Don't be nervous when answering the questions.
If they accept you and are willing to give you an invite they will ask for your email address and then they will send you an invite. So just go to you inbox and you will see an invite. From there on it is easy street as you just got to sign up and you're in.
Please be aware that they might not give you an invite for many reasons. So don't be too disappointed if you don't get an invite. You can try again, but the interviewers might get tired of you if you show no signs of improvement.
Good luck.
And remember to keep up a good upload/download ratio

Some important links:
http://sdbx.nl/whatintro.html
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index....le=Transcoding (http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Transcoding)
http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Lame
http://jiggafellz.isa-geek.net/jigga...ct-audio-copy/ (http://jiggafellz.isa-geek.net/jiggafellz-step-by-step-guide-to-secure-cd-ripping-with-exact-audio-copy/)

1) Using a proxy/BNC/whatever to hide your IP is NOT allowed. If found you will be banned and not be given a second chance.
2) Read the channel topic and post a www.speedtest.net (http://www.speedtest.net/) result. Do NOT fake this one, you will be caught, banned and not given a second chance.
3) Be polite and patient. People asking how long they have to wait repeatedly is not exactly encouraging, neither is ungrateful users. As there is a LOT of users flowing through the channel every day the tolerance is not exactly high.
4) Study up! Don't come to the interview unprepared, you will NOT pass the interview, read the guides mentioned in this thread, it is not hard.
5) Don't cheat! If we find out you're copy/pasting answers or similar you will get banned and not given a second chance.
6) Try again. If you fail the interview yet have shown some proof of knowledge you may try again no sooner than 48 hours from the end of the interview, but for the love of god, DO study. Don't just try again without reading up on the question you failed, you will not be given more chances if you're unwilling to read/improve.
7) If you DO pass the interview, make sure you read all the rules and especially the ratio requirements before you do anything at all. You're only allowed 1 account per user per lifetime, so take good care of it.
Unfortunately some users just can't follow the rules, so we've had to ban several IP-Ranges because of abuse (traders, cheaters, sellers etc.). If your IP is banned there is no way in for you via the invite-channel.

Col. Skillz
12-05-2008, 06:59 PM
ok thanks guys, im currently on line!

and yeah i understand how the ratio work, and how it can be hard to seed...maybe paying the 20 bucks at pedro would be a good idea, im pretty sure it says you can have unlimited leech for awhile

Skiz
12-05-2008, 07:34 PM
It says: "For the period of your donation, your ratio virtually auto-completes to our ideal ratio (if lower) allowing you to avoid limits and getting banned for a low ratio."

But I don't have any idea what that means. :unsure:

Also, if I were you I would save my 20 bucks and do the free test at What for an account. I think you'll find it to be a far superior site.

starfly3r
12-05-2008, 07:41 PM
demonoid got a big FLAC collection...hehehe

vpg8000
12-05-2008, 07:41 PM
It says: "For the period of your donation, your ratio virtually auto-completes to our ideal ratio (if lower) allowing you to avoid limits and getting banned for a low ratio."

Also, if I were you I would save my 20 bucks and do the free test at What for an account. I think you'll find it to be a far superior site.

It means that his ratio will be of at least one until his donation period has expired.

TakeMS
12-05-2008, 07:48 PM
STMusic roxxxxx!

i just dl from there enya albums in flac mode. great for mode relax home.

Col. Skillz
12-05-2008, 07:51 PM
yeah, im currently at underground gamer, and i cannot seed for the life of me. it looks like all the torrents have a full set of seeders and no leechers...i don't know how i can ever get my ratio up when it works like that, and hope the other sites don't have this problem...it makes pedros deal sound good..go crazy for 4 weeks get the jist of what was in my collection, and continue normally afterword.

i want to seed bad, i cant just find a torrent that has any leechers.

johhn
12-05-2008, 08:00 PM

welcome to the music tracker world! all leechers are waiting for the next free leech.

ben99
12-05-2008, 08:31 PM

welcome to the music tracker world! all leechers are waiting for the next free leech.

I don't, the point of freeleeches is to build up your buffer, so you can leech without fear...

I just dl what I want when I want. Finding new music to dl for me is the hard part.

Borat
12-06-2008, 01:57 AM

This means that the ratio would be wrong!
Explaining:
You download a lot like 100gb and upload 5 gb, you still having 100gb download and 5 gb upload but your ratio would be 0.8 anyway! when the donation period is over you are like bannned for low ratio unless you donate again! - lol

But if you donate to get access and keep the REAL ratio above 0.8, in the end of the donation period you will still being a pedro's member!

Well, it seems that what counts is the virtual ratio, for the most part of the users is the same as the real ratio but for donors aka PU with real ratio below 0.8 the virtual ratio is 0.8!

Skiz
12-06-2008, 04:20 AM
It seems like a simple free leech period for those initial 'X' amount of days would be simpler. Whatever tho', it's their site.

Thanks for the interpretation tho'.

Funkin'
12-06-2008, 06:02 AM
all music trackers are very hard to seed,so if you are so keen on dling all the big flac on those trackers as soon as you get in,

Pedro's is extremely easy to seed on. All he needs to do is what you do at any new site. Jump on the newly uploaded torrents and let them seed. Pedro's is the only music site I belong where I have no problems seeding everything I take back to 1:1.

The samething applies to TT. It's extremely easy to seed. You grab the new stuff to build a comfortable buffer, then you're able to download whatever you want. And if I remember correctly, STmusic was pretty easy to seed at as well(let my account go inactive).

So actually, the only hard to seed music sites that I belong to are What/Waffles(I have no idea how seeding is at E, Elektronik, etc since I'm not a member). And ratio can easily be taken care of there by simply uploading music. But yeah, I know, most people won't do this. Grabbing all the new stuff from these two sites and buffering from it just doesn't work well.

slimdogp
12-06-2008, 11:00 AM
I agree. Pedros is really strict about users 'overseeding'. I disagree with that policy but thats a discussion for another thread I suppose :P

Its kind of nice sometimes. I have such a large buffer I only seed to .8 now. And download during freeleech? never! I'm actually trying to bring my ratio DOWN!

basilhaydens
12-06-2008, 12:53 PM
all music trackers are very hard to seed,so if you are so keen on dling all the big flac on those trackers as soon as you get in,

Pedro's is extremely easy to seed on. All he needs to do is what you do at any new site. Jump on the newly uploaded torrents and let them seed. Pedro's is the only music site I belong where I have no problems seeding everything I take back to 1:1.

The samething applies to TT. It's extremely easy to seed. You grab the new stuff to build a comfortable buffer, then you're able to download whatever you want. And if I remember correctly, STmusic was pretty easy to seed at as well(let my account go inactive).

So actually, the only hard to seed music sites that I belong to are What/Waffles(I have no idea how seeding is at E, Elektronik, etc since I'm not a member). And ratio can easily be taken care of there by simply uploading music. But yeah, I know, most people won't do this. Grabbing all the new stuff from these two sites and buffering from it just doesn't work well.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure why, but something is wrong with what/waffles. I think the fact that 3GB uploaded is in the 39th percentile says a lot of bad things about a site that's been open for over a year and has 70000+ members...I think they need to change their system.

Popov
12-06-2008, 05:20 PM
What :). There's like 74K FLAC-releases.

Rigel9
12-06-2008, 07:37 PM
Yeah I'm not exactly sure why, but something is wrong with what/waffles. I think the fact that 3GB uploaded is in the 39th percentile says a lot of bad things about a site that's been open for over a year and has 70000+ members...I think they need to change their system.

I think you don't really understand the ranking system on What...

Either way, you can easily become PU within a month or two, even with an average 50kb up. Just seed everything 24/7 forever and upload lots of your own FLAC/V0 rips.

basilhaydens
12-06-2008, 07:44 PM

I think you don't really understand the ranking system on What...

Either way, you can easily become PU within a month or two, even with an average 50kb up. Just seed everything 24/7 forever and upload lots of your own FLAC/V0 rips.

How does my point express a misunderstanding of the ranking system which is really simple percentiles? Downloading 6GB puts you over the 55 percentile, which is crazy even for the small file sizes. I did this on a new account in a month btw.

My point is that nobody uses the tracker enough, which is why 3gbs is a decent percentile because people seed forever and many noobs with seedboxes make it difficult when they have 100gb++++ buffers...

That site should not use a standard ratio system or should prevent overseeding.

Rigel9
12-07-2008, 12:57 AM
How does my point express a misunderstanding of the ranking system which is really simple percentiles?

My bad, seems like I didn't understand it till now.

If you want to discuss this further, I'd suggest you look up some of Oorzas threads on tracker economy on What. For example this one: /forums.php?page=1&action=viewthread&threadid=13838

Funkin'
12-07-2008, 04:03 AM
My point is that nobody uses the tracker enough,

That site should not use a standard ratio system or should prevent overseeding.

Agreed. I wish they would either implement a very generous bonus system(like IPT's, TTi's or Tophos's bonus system's), a seed point mod like BC's, are just go ratio free but with a rule that you have to keep your torrent actively seeding for a quite a while.

But I don't see them ever doing any of these types of things. It's just flat out hard to get a nice upload without uploading your own torrents. And because of this I only use the site when I absolutely have to.

Cabalo
12-07-2008, 04:38 AM
... keep in mind the economic perspective, THEIR economic perspective.
that's why...

Night0wl
12-07-2008, 05:54 AM
Because their economic perspective in a BitTorrent Sharing sense really isn't worth squat.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, on E there's no need and Pedro's do it great. It's all about those other two.

Night0wl
12-07-2008, 08:36 AM

And how many of those are proper?

60.000 have a log

51.000 have a cue

Now how many of those are proper offset and other settings... oh and not dupes.

I'm sure that number will go down a bit.. unfortunately. I would like nothing more than a tracker of that size, which I could actually trust. That is not the case right now. I first download the log to see, then the rest of the torrent if good.

Same thing with non WI rips on Waffles.

Popov
12-07-2008, 08:51 AM

And how many of those are proper?

60.000 have a log

51.000 have a cue

Now how many of those are proper offset and other settings... oh and not dupes.

I'm sure that number will go down a bit.. unfortunately. I would like nothing more than a tracker of that size, which I could actually trust. That is not the case right now. I first download the log to see, then the rest of the torrent if good.

Same thing with non WI rips on Waffles.

Yeah, you're right, but I always found what I'm looking for...

iM32
12-07-2008, 11:51 AM
what and pedro

D3lit3
12-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Just submit an application for what.cd, you don't even need an invite.

th0r
12-10-2008, 06:49 AM
Just submit an application for what.cd, you don't even need an invite.link?

ben99
12-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Just submit an application for what.cd, you don't even need an invite.link?

hes talking about the irc interview I assume.

th0r
12-10-2008, 07:25 AM
k, thanks