PDA

View Full Version : windowz sharing faster than bittorrent

ezE
12-06-2008, 06:54 PM
I'm legally trying to transfer a file from my computer to my other and I find that windows file sharing is Much Much faster than utorrent. Even though on uTorrent I allow for unlimited upload speed. what gives?
thanks

cinephilia
12-06-2008, 06:56 PM
it's not the same transfer protocol.

Artemis
12-06-2008, 09:06 PM
I'm legally trying to transfer a file from my computer to my other and I find that windows file sharing is Much Much faster than utorrent. Even though on uTorrent I allow for unlimited upload speed. what gives?
thanks

Local sharing across your LAN/WLAN will be at the speed of the network devices (typically 100mbit for a wired connection or 54mbit for wireless). A LAN connection is far faster than your internet connection so data transferred locally will transfer faster.

Cabalo
12-07-2008, 05:11 AM
don't compare apples to oranges mate :)

ezE
12-07-2008, 06:00 AM
no, using ethernet from 1 computer to another computer (both are right here next to each other)
windows file sharing is WAY faster than bittorrent sharing.

yes, I understand that windows file sharing is probably tcp
and bittorrent is probably udp?

DKre8ive1
12-07-2008, 06:48 AM
Bittorrent is just faster when there is more then 2 people otherwise FTP is the way to go. So at the end of day if you have to transfer a file from one computer to another then probably local file sharing is the best option.

In the bittorrent world the bigger the swarm the faster the download so on a one to one scenario it probably would have no benefits.