PDA

View Full Version : Sony Vaio

johnq86
12-06-2008, 08:40 PM
My brother has a vaio laptop and for some reason he tried to boot it up 2dy and he gets a message that says no windows system found.I tried recovering by pressing f10 but it asks for the recovery cd's/And of course he has no idea where the Cds are,is there anything i can do fix this?He has vista if that helps.

peat moss
12-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Hi Johnny , how you doing long time no see . Does he have a recovery partition that he can access on reboot ? It could many things , HDD failure or disk in drive error .

If was my brothers computer I'd nuke and reinstall Windows but in my limited experience it suggests HDD failure ... so reinstall Windows or try another hdd ?

johnq86
12-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Nice to hear from ya..been pretty busy and needed some help and came to the best place for just that.Ok I cant reinstall the windows at the moment..How would I access the recovery partition if there is one?

peat moss
12-07-2008, 12:55 AM
It would be a boot option like f12 or something like that . Before the windows screen ... but hey I'm dumb ass as you can get that far right ?

Is it a corrupt install or can you tap f8 to go in to safe mode?

Here's some options from Microcrap :

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/windows/en-US/help/2b3724d1-f4ad-5b26-16dc-3e9e66f4be5e1033.mspx

You don't have access to a cd tho ? Bummer