PDA

View Full Version : Good Music Suggestions

mojo2185
09-10-2003, 02:29 AM
First off, i'm creating a movie for my media tech class. It requires a movie trailer to be aired before we show the actual movie.
Here's what I've had in mind. I'm looking for some dramatic music, kind of like the music near the middle/end half of the Matrix Revolutions trailer, with a choir singing, etc... I'm really not looking for rock music, rap, or techno stuff.
If you have any ideas, they'd be really helpful!

Thanks!

Dave Grohl
09-10-2003, 02:32 AM
Evanesance - Haunted - Track 5 Of Fallen

mojo2185
09-10-2003, 03:49 AM
It turned out to be a good song (minus the ring tones and other RIAA caused parts...), but not quite what I was looking for. Though I will search for a real version, with no messed up parts.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm looking more for instrumental pieces with choir singers.

4play
09-10-2003, 03:56 AM
look for something off the donnie darko soundtrack i bet that is what your looking for.

mogadishu
09-10-2003, 03:56 AM
hmm.. i made a flash video of my cat lying around doing nothing, i used the intrumental of kashmir.. quite an effect.

mojo2185
09-10-2003, 04:14 AM
look for something off the donnie darko soundtrack i bet that is what your looking for
It's a lot closer. I haven't listened to a ton of the songs, but one might be what I'm looking for, thanks for the tip.

hmm.. i made a flash video of my cat lying around doing nothing, i used the intrumental of kashmir.. quite an effect.
What the? lol

mogadishu
09-10-2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by mojo2185@9 September 2003 - 23:14

look for something off the donnie darko soundtrack i bet that is what your looking for
It's a lot closer. I haven't listened to a ton of the songs, but one might be what I'm looking for, thanks for the tip.

What the? lol
hehe yea, i took some pics with my digital camera added some music, made it fade, addedsome text.. and he was an action hero with a movie coming out this fall. heeh.

sparsely
09-10-2003, 06:02 AM
I havent seen that Matrix movie, but for modern orchestral music, check out Sigur Ros (vocals in Icelandic) or
Godspeed You Black Emperor (not many vocals there though)...
Though more lyrical than instrumental, Spiritualized is excellent for choir kinda stuff...their music from the
new 'Amazing Grace' album is excellent. or maybe some Aphex Twin (electronic/instrumental) or Badly
Drawn Boy...

Adster
09-10-2003, 07:00 AM
how about vast track 2 on their first album

the_faceman
09-10-2003, 07:58 AM
check out some of the Requiem For A Dream soundtrack. The main theme was revamped and used in the trailer for LotR: The Two Towers very effectively (IMO at least). Very stirring.

MUSLEMAN
09-10-2003, 09:04 AM
try something house :lol:

mdb175
09-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by mojo2185@10 September 2003 - 02:29
First off, i'm creating a movie for my media tech class.  It requires a movie trailer to be aired before we show the actual movie.
Here's what I've had in mind.  I'm looking for some dramatic music, kind of like the music near the middle/end half of the Matrix Revolutions trailer, with a choir singing, etc...  I'm really not looking for rock music, rap, or techno stuff.
If you have any ideas, they'd be really helpful!

Thanks!
I would suggest the first 3 tracks from Jason Becker's Perspective: Primal, Rain & End of the Beginning.
About 22 minutes total lenght, but Primal should completely match what you need B) ...Hope this helps & have a nice day ;)

MUSLEMAN
09-10-2003, 11:43 AM
search for a song called starwars

mojo2185
09-10-2003, 11:12 PM
actually, I was thinking about using some star wars stuff. Only problem is, many of the songs are too "peppy" and often include parts of the theme song and is easily recognizable as star wars. That is the genre of music i'm looking for though.

Thanks for the great tips so far, I'm going to check them all out when I get a chance.

Jibbler
09-10-2003, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by mojo2185@10 September 2003 - 19:12
actually, I was thinking about using some star wars stuff. Only problem is, many of the songs are too "peppy" and often include parts of the theme song and is easily recognizable as star wars. That is the genre of music i'm looking for though.

Thanks for the great tips so far, I'm going to check them all out when I get a chance.
Well, I have the Linkin Park instrumentals. They are piano music only, no lyrics or other instruments. Very subtle, but recognizable. They are being shared in our SoulSeek room. Maybe that's something more your style? Its an entire piano version of Linkin Park's new CD. :)

mojo2185
09-11-2003, 10:44 PM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I've finally settled on a tune I found somewhere, it claims to be from Matrix Revolutions. Its an ochestra type piece with choir singing in the background, basically a score from a movie.

All your tips were very helpful. Even though I didn't pick one of the suggestions for this project, several of the songs you've suggested can definately be applied to some of my other projects for the class.

So thanks for all of the input!