PDA

View Full Version : Someone's Trying To Connect To My Computer

mojo2185
09-10-2003, 03:08 AM
I might have a trojan of some sort, or maybe someone's trying to just connect to me though some other way. Reguardless, zoneAlarm is protecting me (it says BLOCKED), and it lists the IP that's trying to connect to me. Is there a way I can get more info about them? On the Temp Kazaa-lite board, there was a great Whois site that listed a ton of info, but I forgot the sites URL.

If someone could help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

noname12
09-10-2003, 03:12 AM
get a program like visual route, you type in the IP and it traces it back to the ISP and country heres the site for ino on it Visual Route (http://www.visualware.com/personal/purchase/index.html#visualroute) d/l it from Kazaa lite

james_bond_rulez
09-10-2003, 03:13 AM
www.network-tools.com

I suggest not wasting your time on this.

mojo2185
09-10-2003, 03:15 AM
Well, i'm just a little curious where this is coming from. I've been getting warnings for hours now. I've run a virus scan, didn't find a trojan, so i'm not sure what's going on here.

balamm
09-10-2003, 03:16 AM
You're connected to the internet. Of course you'll get connection attempts. Get over it. And pay more attention to where you post!!!

Alpha_Caesar
09-10-2003, 03:19 AM
Sounds messed up....

Mr. Blunt
09-10-2003, 03:21 AM
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/

I think they have the visual route that they use in NIS. You just have to look for it on that page.

mojo2185
09-10-2003, 03:24 AM
You're connected to the internet. Of course you'll get connection attempts.

No kidding I'll get connections... but these warning have just started happening today, and very frequently. I've had zoneAlarm for atleast 2 years now, never got this before. Also, they try to connect to ports such as 666... don't you find that a little odd???

And pay more attention to where you post!!!
This topic was posted in Off-Topic... my topic has nothing to do with movies, music, software... it was just a general question that I felt belonged here (in offtopic), to avoid getting yelled at. I didn't ask for software, just some ideas on what could be going on.

I was just asking a question guys. If you wanted to tell me that it's nothing to be really concerned about, then just say something like "don't worry about it." something like
I suggest not wasting your time on this. is a lot more helpful than
Get over it.

Thanks to those who offered helpful tips, and didn't try to flame me

balamm
09-10-2003, 03:32 AM
Also, they try to connect to ports such as 666... don't you find that a little odd???
No.

Your topic has nothing to do with "off topic". It's a software configuration issue.
As in connections through software, false positives reported by software, etc.

4play
09-10-2003, 03:35 AM
Also, they try to connect to ports such as 666.

its probably just a few skidies trying to find infected machines if zonealarm block it then screw it your safe

http://www.blackcode.com/trojans/ports.php?port=666 there are a few of the trojans on that port.

I've had zoneAlarm for atleast 2 years now, never got this before
then you probably did not have it setup properly if you have never had this before.

mojo2185
09-10-2003, 03:42 AM
Your topic has nothing to do with "off topic". It's a software configuration issue.
As in connections through software, false positives reported by software, etc.
Ok, thanks for clearing up your reason for moving my topic. I thought you were just trying to be a jerk, and it got me POed. Honestly though, I posted in off-topic thinking that it was a general question that didn't fit anywhere else, my bad.

then you probably did not have it setup properly if you have never had this before.

I've got warnings such as servers/programs accessing the internet, but this is a different type of warning, reguarding TCP and UDP Ports. But this pretty much sums it up...

if zonealarm block it then screw it your safe
and he's right, I'm getting hyped over nothing probably.

Thanks for all the responses, and sorry if i ticked anyone off

wormless
09-10-2003, 04:11 AM
http://www.whois.sc/ here u go

_puffin_
09-10-2003, 04:31 AM
you should know that the computer trying to connect to yours is more than likely a computer inffected by a worm/trojen/backdoor type program randomly scanning for open ports and os vulnerabilties, so even if you get their isp's info and report them its probably not going to make any difference,- where it came from

balamm
09-10-2003, 05:11 AM
Yeah, something to think about, If it's not just a false positive, if you start tracing probes, it let's the attacker know that there is indeed someone there and not just another dead IP. Kinda like answering the phone when you know it's a telphone solicitor. Except these people are NOT telephone solicitors, they are sometimes hardcore wierdo's who would love to mess up your computer and your life.

4play
09-10-2003, 05:17 AM
they are sometimes hardcore wierdo's who would love to mess up your computer and your life.

you worry me sometimes balamn :D

still if you use these online serives it does not give your ip addy and they have probably just scanned a rather large amount of addies. so they wil never kmow it was you.

Cl1mh4224rd
09-10-2003, 07:58 AM
Heh. My ZoneAlarm log from yesterday is 203KB. That's 2290 alerts... in one day. Of course, I'm on broadband.

Welcome to the internet...