PDA

View Full Version : how to buy into pedros?

leechasaurus
12-08-2008, 09:38 PM
I have heard a rumor that you can buy your way in, which is what I want to do. I see the donate button, but how will I get in touch to make an account/get an invite?

So I need to know how much to donate and how to get in touch with them. Is it the 5Eur minimum to get access or 20Eur? Is it necessary to provide all signup info in "confirmation" form or just email and that I want account?

Please tell me. Thanks much.

ben99
12-08-2008, 10:04 PM
http://btmusic.eu/donate.php

pone44
12-08-2008, 10:46 PM
A joke? :unsure:

Would hope so.

Cabalo
12-08-2008, 11:19 PM
yes, it is real. they like money money, yummy !!

johhn
12-08-2008, 11:22 PM
A joke? :unsure:

Would hope so.
apparently not, I would assume if one donate and includes an email in confirmation form would get an invite and pu in return.
every1 is having cashflow prob these days......

colbert
12-08-2008, 11:25 PM
I get that sense too. I think P2L will be a necessity for a number of sites in the next year.

Holy5hit!
12-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Thats awful. Isn't the whole idea of BT that it's free?

ben99
12-08-2008, 11:56 PM

someone has to pay the bills, p2l is easy way for sites to accomplish this.

stoi
12-09-2008, 12:34 AM
I get that sense too. I think P2L will be a necessity for a number of sites in the next year.

I really really really hope we will not have to go that way, if we do though it will be as a very last resort, but here is hoping we wont even have to think about it.

puckface
12-09-2008, 01:00 AM

so you expect site admins to rent fast servers with shitloads of space and bandwidth so you can get free shit and have them pay for it?

:)

t0mmy
12-09-2008, 01:28 AM
i thought i saw the title read "how to buy into pedos?"

pone44
12-09-2008, 01:33 AM
How safe can that be for the site? Seriously.

If that is a way to register? :idunno:

ben99
12-09-2008, 01:41 AM

that is a way to register and to answer your question, it can't very safe at all.

Cabalo
12-09-2008, 04:38 AM

so you expect site admins to rent fast servers with shitloads of space and bandwidth so you can get free shit and have them pay for it?

:)
:yup::yup:

Funkin'
12-09-2008, 05:03 AM

It's not very safe. :( And is the only thing I hate about the site. But as others have mentioned, it's a way to pay the bills.

Skiz
12-09-2008, 05:19 AM

In a word, yes.

I've never donated to a Bittorrent site and I never will. Ever.

They're offering a free service and I'm happy to oblige.

pone44
12-09-2008, 05:21 AM
I would think having a donation system for gigs or something before that. So it is semi open if you have 20Euro?

Am amazed! Wow. I understand that you have to pay bills but not this.

1000possibleclaws
12-09-2008, 05:25 AM
I would think having a donation system for gigs or something before that. So it is semi open if you have 20Euro? Nobody what remembers happened to O**k?

Am amazed! Wow. I understand that you have to pay bills but not this.

Well to be fair, BTMusic is smaller and has that small niche of audiophiles. Oink was huge in comparison. I doubt BTMusic is at much risk right now.

pone44
12-09-2008, 05:28 AM
Maybe so?

I believe it is a great site, never been to it but read good things about it. Still i think interviewing over IRc-anything would be a better choice.

Really a semi-private, if that site. Not trying to badmouth the site in any way! Heard nothing but great things about it just shocked at how a invite can be obtained with $-not even a through a friend on the site.

Crazy info-leechasaurus!

Funkin'
12-09-2008, 07:55 AM
I know it pone. I'm with you, it is unbelievable. But as T.S.O.L. pointed out, I don't really think the site is too at risk. I'm not paranoid about downloading from there at all. I just disagree with this one thing that they're doing.

But, they're aren't too many great lossless trackers around, and Pedro's certainly is great. Even if I ever did find my into E, I still wouldn't stop using Pedro's because of this one thing.

durabrite82
12-09-2008, 08:00 AM
powerusers have one invite all first day of the month :naughty:

Funkin'
12-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Isn't the only people with the "power user" label are the ones that donate? I believe it's everyone that has uploaded more than 10gb gets invites every month.

Skiz
12-09-2008, 10:30 AM
For those of you who say they aren't "at risk" are nuts. :P

Pedros was even mentioned in Rolling Stone magazine a few months back as one the top trackers on the RIAA's list. On the other token, how many sites have you heard about the RIAA taking down?

aaatoel
12-09-2008, 10:33 AM
If you can't get an invite from an existing member, you can donate 5 euros in order to become a member there. Also, you can't be promoted to power user unless you donate 20 euros per month. This policy isn't very nice but I guess they do what they have to do, in order to survive the server costs. Apart from that, the site is great. Great uploads, strong community and very friendly staff. If you are into FLAC, you should look for an invite there! :)

piratebot
12-09-2008, 10:40 AM

Pedros was even mentioned in Rolling Stone magazine a few months back as one the top trackers on the RIAA's list. On the other token, how many sites have you heard about the RIAA taking down?
what else was mention in the mag?

Funkin'
12-09-2008, 10:45 AM

Oh I'm sure us members of the site are at risk(as are members at any bittorrent tracker, private or public), it's just that I'm not that worried about it.

That's crazy Pedro's was mentioned in Rolling Stones though. If the sites gets taken down, the owner will have noone to blame but himself. By making the site easily accessible to anyone that has a few measly dollars in their paypal account, he's making the site a lot bigger(and easier) target.

Skiz
12-09-2008, 11:02 AM
It was an article detailing the take down of oink. E**** and Pedro's were both mentioned along with another that I can't recall.

It really shouldn't come as a surprise though. Go to any site that discusses torrents/invites and you'll see the names all over the place. Trying to keep a tracker secret is silly.

PoorFook
12-09-2008, 12:08 PM
If you can't get an invite from an existing member, you can donate 5 euros in order to become a member there. Also, you can't be promoted to power user unless you donate 20 euros per month. This policy isn't very nice but I guess they do what they have to do, in order to survive the server costs. Apart from that, the site is great. Great uploads, strong community and very friendly staff. If you are into FLAC, you should look for an invite there! :)

5 EUR, I did it myself.
Don't you get invites if you uploaded more than 10 GB and the account is 100 days old?

I was wondering, on the first first day of the month .. is it possible to buy a week of PU and get the invite?

Man1923
12-09-2008, 12:52 PM
http://forum.btmusic.eu/index.php?showtopic=2

20 euros. lol

PoorFook
12-09-2008, 01:13 PM
No, 5 EUR to get in.

puckface
12-09-2008, 03:33 PM

In a word, yes.

I've never donated to a Bittorrent site and I never will. Ever.

They're offering a free service and I'm happy to oblige.

See now, thats the Catch 22 of this whole thing. I'm not saying I have or have not donated ever, its irrelevant, but just think if everyone thought like you did (not saying the way you think is good or bad) there wouldn't be any torrent sites to use and you wouldnt get your free shit (by torrenting means at least)

Man1923
12-09-2008, 06:25 PM
No, 5 EUR to get in.

Where you see 5 euro?

''Donate (http://btmusic.eu/donate.php) 20 EUR or more to get access to our site and receive Power User status ''

vpg8000
12-09-2008, 06:28 PM
5 Euros to get access to the site only. 20 Euros to get access AND power user status. I'll wait to get an invite some other way.

Duckater
12-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Paying to get on a site is totally different to donating imho, or even sites asking for donations to keep open.
A medium/small site can cost anything up to $1000 a month and I know a lot of sites that are cutting back on servers etc to try and keep them open during the hard times people are having over the world. Some sites will have plenty of money spare or the admins have probable made several $$$$'s for them selves and may now be missing this income the site has made for them.

P.S.
I am totally against any site that uses donations from members for themselves in any way.

pone44
12-09-2008, 07:00 PM
I would think having a good selection of content by the review, that they would be more careful who gets access or not?

If 5 Euros is true?

benficao
12-09-2008, 07:13 PM
pedros is soooo nice, ppl are amazing, and the irc very friendly, very easy to make new friends, but the invite selling to get in, really ruins it, ohhhh whyyyy pedros is soooo stupid!

dont let this one die also!!!!!!!!!!!!

pone44
12-09-2008, 07:40 PM
As benificao said. I am not even a member but would hate to hear that.