PDA

View Full Version : 1gbps servers

TheManMKD
12-09-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm planning on getting a 1gbps server soon, so what could you recommend? I thought of going with hosting-ie myself, although many people complain on the really slow support, but I can manage the server properly so I don't think I'll need their support at any time.
Do you know some other providers which offer unlimited bandwidth? I know it can't be truly unlimited, but lets say with a higher cap/limit.

redMonster
12-09-2008, 05:01 PM
i3d.net

Kuttichan
12-09-2008, 08:28 PM
i3d.net
their servers got bandwidth limit,right?

andra
12-09-2008, 09:01 PM
I'm planning on getting a 1gbps server soon, so what could you recommend? I thought of going with hosting-ie myself, although many people complain on the really slow support, but I can manage the server properly so I don't think I'll need their support at any time.
Do you know some other providers which offer unlimited bandwidth? I know it can't be truly unlimited, but lets say with a higher cap/limit.

ist not about if you need support or not.

When they did setp my server i was not able to connect to it with putty.
It did take them many many days to just answer my ticket about the problem.

ProUnbeatable
12-09-2008, 09:31 PM
i think it's same with most providers. I have server.lu and it actually take 2 or 3 days to answer my question. =(

canopus
12-09-2008, 09:53 PM
i3d.netlimited traffic.bleeeeee :noes:
only OVH

Karel
12-09-2008, 10:15 PM
1 Gbps ???? you mean 1Gbit, right?
also limited bandwith at such speed is ridiculous, you'll use whatever limit there is in a day or two

andra
12-10-2008, 05:02 AM
i think it's same with most providers. I have server.lu and it actually take 2 or 3 days to answer my question. =(

thats realy not true. Most providers answer support tickets within a hour or two.

boxer
12-10-2008, 05:42 AM
it was discussed many times

1. Hosting-ie with 1 Gbit is unlimited, probably the only one who is unlimited with that speed
2. If you need speedy answer you need to purchase managed level some higher than level 1. (So if you do not pay you still have support but slover one)
3. Request reboot tool they offer for free, then you don't need support in 95% of cases

thats realy not true. Most providers answer support tickets within a hour or two. If the Servers are managed, or the managed levels are included in the price.

SO do not ask some stuff for free, the service they do provide is on ready priceless with that prices, hardware/traffic/speed they do offer.
And for me what is most important security of what I do the best :)

cheers

apextwin146
12-10-2008, 06:04 AM
i think Server.Lu is the other player to offer 1gbps unlimited rite now .. Though their capping policies are still not decided to confirm the same before buying them ..

TheManMKD
12-10-2008, 12:23 PM
1 Gbps ???? you mean 1Gbit, right?
also limited bandwith at such speed is ridiculous, you'll use whatever limit there is in a day or two

The most common markings/abbreviations used for 1 gigabit per second are 1gbps and 1gbit, it's the same thing.
And boxer, thanks for the answer, it pretty much covered what I was interested in, so I guess I'll be going with hosting-ie.

andra
12-10-2008, 04:06 PM
i think Server.Lu is the other player to offer 1gbps unlimited rite now .. Though their capping policies are still not decided to confirm the same before buying them ..

Where did you find that Gbit server ? Cant find it on their site.

pplush259
12-10-2008, 06:34 PM
same here, they got 1gbit onboard nic but 100mbps is the speed u get , only for first few days few got 20-30MBps .. But overall server.lu has become a preferred choice coz of the quality of the hardware/bandwidth offered..

TechnoMan80
12-11-2008, 05:01 PM
Well

Much far a way from Hostin-ie PPlush256 :))

I had many different providers experienced, and in the end of the days all of them just lock me out for overtraff :)
So right now hosting-ie is the best in that, hope tht will continues
but if some one really better will come to the market sure I'll be just happy :))

But right now no one to compare