PDA

View Full Version : Pedros BTMusic

alcoholik
12-09-2008, 07:13 PM
this is kind of a dumb question.
is it hard to get in to btmusic?

Popov
12-09-2008, 07:28 PM
I think you can buy invites for about 5 euros, so I don't think so ;)... If you make a request I'm pretty sure you'll have it, (If you are a good user)

ben99
12-09-2008, 07:29 PM
if you can buy your way in, do you think its hard to get in?

alcoholik
12-09-2008, 07:33 PM
if you can buy your way in, do you think its hard to get in?

i don't want to pay for an invite. filesharing is supose to be free :P

ben99
01-31-2009, 04:23 AM
You can't post requests here. It's stated in the rules. I can hear the banhammer coming...RUN!!! :dog:
especially since its his first and only post.

Albo Da Kid
01-31-2009, 04:24 AM
this is kind of a dumb question.
is it hard to get in to btmusic?

Why don't you ask the real question. You'll be saving a lot of time. We knwo you're going straight to the request section after this so..

Anyway it's not that hard to get into pedro's, but again it's not that easy. Not everybody gets invites. You have to be a specific usercalss i think.

vpg8000
01-31-2009, 04:26 AM
You can't post requests here. It's stated in the rules. I can hear the banhammer coming...RUN!!! :dog:
especially since its his first and only post.

Yes. Another one that thinks that they're pulling a fast one by posting requests here. Noobs :rolleyes:. (Lol I was him 2 months ago :lol:)

Redrum420
01-31-2009, 04:27 AM
Been a member of pedros for some time now and have yet to receive an invite, but yes you can buy them for 5 Euros.

Valoo
01-31-2009, 04:27 AM
What a strange question... it's hard... it's not hard... it depends of each people !

I think it's easier to find a what.cd invite by going on their on irc than finding an invite of Pedro on a forum. Pedro doesn't give a lot of invite for their user, and you have to wait 100 days before receiving your first ones.

Funkin'
01-31-2009, 04:33 AM
Actually there's a lot of people at Pedro's with invites. It's just that there's not a ton of members. And those that are around here, want to make sure the person that is asking for an invite actually understands what the tracker is about and is really going to use it before handing one out.

Lovestoned
01-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Actually there's a lot of people at Pedro's with invites. It's just that there's not a ton of members. And those that are around here, want to make sure the person that is asking for an invite actually understands what the tracker is about and is really going to use it before handing one out.

What Funkin' said is absolutely correct.

To get invites you do not need to be a Power User (Donor only).

At the beginning of a month the system adds up to 2 invitations to each account in good standing with a ratio of 0.8 or higher that is older than 100 days and has uploaded more than 10 GB. You need not invite anybody, but you will not get more invitations unless you do. Uploaders are treated preferentially.

I've got a overseeding ratio so definitely more than 10 GB, but don't bother getting an invite from me if you don't have what it takes.

The_Martinator
01-31-2009, 09:12 AM
What Lovestoned said. Btw, the FAQ is accesible even for non members. I suggest you do a little searching before you ask.
There's lots of people with invites and they're in no hurry to give them.

Lovestoned
01-31-2009, 09:28 AM
Any questions which hasn't been answered before on FST, you may ask me here on this thread.

But please, search for the threads here about the tracker before asking me.

RedRansom
01-31-2009, 12:31 PM
Well, pedro is good for loseless music but only allowing users own flac encodes so they have only 20k torrent file...
if you have orginal music cd or dvds and want to grow pedro it's OK but you can almost find what you want on what.cd with well seeding...
so if you dont care e-penis what.cd is good for you
and i have both acount and i can say clearly i am using what.cd more common...
about invite they only giving invites to power users who 3 months old and they're giving invites at the begining of month 1-2 invite to members...

pentomato
01-31-2009, 12:36 PM
Guys, this is why this invite, buying and selling never stops, stop encouraging that behaviour people.

piratebot
01-31-2009, 04:00 PM
i hope you have a taste for classic rock.

Lovestoned
01-31-2009, 05:13 PM
What piratebot has said is actually pretty important.

Here's a look on the current page of Pedro's.

http://imgkk.com/images/2wn2lh7r.jpg

I've got a gut feeling Pedro himself is here.

Edit: Gonna get myself that Tangerine Dream! ;D

tjbzonasul
01-31-2009, 05:22 PM
I think it is fair that you can buy the invite.Should you really wish to join up, this "file sharing is free" crap does not work.Trackers need support too and such support is still in $$$$$ rather than some nice speech.

The_Martinator
01-31-2009, 05:49 PM
Lovestoned, why aren't you using the super cool categories icons? No really I find them great.

Albo Da Kid
01-31-2009, 05:52 PM
I think because she's disapointed that there's not a Justin timberlake category

benficao
01-31-2009, 06:29 PM
Woah! theres diferent icons there?

Lovestoned
02-01-2009, 03:52 AM
Lovestoned, why aren't you using the super cool categories icons? No really I find them great.

I didn't notice, thanks. :)

Albo:
I do use the tracker you know.

http://imgkk.com/images/ina9jqfm.jpg

Albo Da Kid
02-01-2009, 03:53 AM
I didn't notice, thanks. :)

Albo:
I do use the tracker you know.

I know. That's because you're a Senior member like me.

Lovestoned
02-01-2009, 03:59 AM
I don't want to play some disabled olympics on the internet with you.

I already said I had stopped my GA for RapidShare and there are still people who don't really know me that is PM'ing me for one.

So of course I won't give a new one, but I will only give those who I actually chat with.

If you still insist on your signature I wouldn't actually mind, but it will make you look pretty ignorant.

vpg8000
02-01-2009, 04:07 AM
Senior members get all the perks :cry:. We're all human beings deep down inside (for the most part). One day, I will be lucky enough to be one of these. Oh, and getting invited to BTmusic isn't that hard. PU's get them every now and then I believe.

Albo Da Kid
02-01-2009, 04:09 AM
Wow Lovestoned slow down...what was that about?? I' complimented you on being a senior member. Isn't that what you've wanted to be all along??
This has nothing to do with your giveaway lol, I don't know where you brought that up from.
It was simply a compliment. I'd thought you'd like it. If you want i can edit the post.

Funkin'
02-01-2009, 04:30 AM
Lol...I didn't know about the category icons either, and I've been there for quite some time. I've never really looked through the Settings page though. I even have a status bar now. ;)

forthat
02-01-2009, 04:32 AM
Lol...I didn't know about the category icons either, and I've been there for quite some time. I've never really looked through the Settings page though. I even have a status bar now. ;)
there was a option in the settings.........we can keep if we want.........

BeckS
02-01-2009, 08:54 PM
looks great from the screens,
I am using waffles at the moment for leeching lossless but they dont have a search based on lossless.
Also if u dont leech from the first pages you risk snatching torrents, keeping them for months and still have 0 ratio on them.
There would be an option to rip music myself but I am too noob to do that, I can only help by seeding back.

brightsid
02-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Lol
Looks good with icons

puckface
02-01-2009, 10:41 PM
looks great from the screens,
I am using waffles at the moment for leeching lossless but they dont have a search based on lossless.

/browse.php?q=format%3A"FLAC"&c0=1&s=added&d=desc

or in the search box

format:"FLAC" yoursearch

BlackKnight
02-02-2009, 06:48 AM
aha thanks mate for the icons, I also realized that I could set to see my stats :D

I've got 1 invite per month, and I always use it. Is it true that only PU can get 2 invites in the first day every month?

The_Martinator
02-02-2009, 06:52 AM
I'm glad I made you guys use the icons. I saw them in a review, so I looked where to set them the moment I joined.
That said, I didn't join for the icons, lol.

Ulfson
05-15-2009, 02:56 PM
From today, you can't "buy" your way in to Pedro's any more.

Cabalo
05-15-2009, 03:21 PM
From today, you can't "buy" your way in to Pedro's any more.
:O and how are they going to make decent bucks now ?

VinX
05-15-2009, 03:35 PM
well users who upload over 10 GB get 1 invite in start of every month .. also u need the account to be over 100 days old .. :)

Ulfson
05-15-2009, 04:02 PM
well users who upload over 10 GB get 1 invite in start of every month .. also u need the account to be over 100 days old .. :)

No. Only Uploader +, will have 1 invite / month.

VinX
05-15-2009, 04:33 PM
no , actually i get invites every 1st of month .. i m not a uploader .. strange

At the beginning of a month the system adds 1 invitation to each uploader. You need not invite anybody, but you will not get more invitations unless you do.

You may be prevented from issuing awarded invitations if you have a formal warning (red triangle), your share ratio is too low or your use of the site has been restricted.

Our invitations are not to be traded in public forums. Nor are our accounts. The results of such actions will result in the loss of your account.

If you wish to invite someone, please be discreet and do not invite just anybody. You may be warned or banned if your invitees cause a problem. Please educate your invitees about good behavior, keeping a good ratio, etc.

i got that from the faq .. hmm

Veidenbaums
05-15-2009, 05:10 PM
New invite system works from today, if I'm not wrong, so no invites for you, VinX, next month.

Ulfson
05-15-2009, 05:18 PM
Yepp. New from today. :yup:

And if you had a invite, I will think you don't have any now. (Unless you are an Uploader +)

Roooney
05-15-2009, 05:22 PM
Pedros is not that difficult to get into if you know where to search;)

Ulfson
05-15-2009, 05:43 PM

I did not say it's hard, but it's not as easy at it used to be... :naughty:

Night0wl
05-15-2009, 05:44 PM
Yepp. New from today. :yup:

And if you had a invite, I will think you don't have any now. (Unless you are an Uploader +)

Kinda unfair. I've been a member there for over two years and kept lots of stuff alive as the only seeder for many months.

Ulfson
05-15-2009, 05:53 PM
Kinda unfair. I've been a member there for over two years and kept lots of stuff alive as the only seeder for many months.

I think that Pedro and the staff, is tired of all account traders, and invitees that cheats.

The members should be more care full of their accounts.

VinX
05-15-2009, 06:34 PM
edited :)

Roooney
05-15-2009, 07:40 PM

I did not say it's hard, but it's not as easy at it used to be... :naughty:

True:happy:

Funkin'
05-15-2009, 09:28 PM
I think it's a really smart move on their part, to stop the pay to enter option, and to limit the amount of invites. There were account and invite trades happening all the time. They should have done this a long time ago.

xjxj
05-16-2009, 01:13 PM
now is hard in to btm!

RedRansom
05-16-2009, 02:16 PM
*IMPORTANT* Announcement from the Moderation Team!

--------------------
PM to all members

Some changes are being made that you need to be aware of:

Invitations will change to the following procedure:

At the beginning of a month the system adds 1 invitation to each uploader. You need not invite anybody, but you will not get more invitations unless you do.

You may be prevented from issuing awarded invitations if you have a formal warning (red triangle), your share ratio is too low or your use of the site has been restricted.

Our invitations are not to be traded in public forums. Nor are our accounts. The results of such actions will result in the loss of your account.

If you wish to invite somebody, please be discreet and do not invite just anybody. You may be warned or banned if your invitees cause a problem. Please educate your invitees about good behaviour, keeping a good ratio, etc. Please check your invitee list from time to time and contact a member of the staff if you
notice anything wrong.

All invitations have been removed from members below uploader status as we prepare to make this change.

On 22 May 2009 the pruning of inactive accounts will change.

After 30 days of inactivity unparked the account will be gone.

After 95 days of inactivity parked the account will be gone.
it's pretty hard unless dont donate or dont find a uploader who will have only ONE invite per month!

Ulfson
05-16-2009, 02:46 PM
You can't donate, and get invited any more. :noes:

n00bz0r
05-16-2009, 03:12 PM
This is a smart move on their part.
Pedros is a great place, and has an awesome community, too bad it had its share of traders, who got in via the payment route.
Its never too late, but the timing makes me wonder if its the TL aftermath :P

great job Fiamma and gang! :yup:

LubTheStaringCat
05-16-2009, 03:33 PM
I like Pedro's I consider this a smart move, It's just a wonder It took them so long.
It's just a pity for the good members there they lose there Invite's because of the lowlifes.

Stellar
05-16-2009, 04:16 PM
This new policy is definitely going to cut down on the amount of 'bad' users who would have been previously able to get into the site quite easily. Seriously, it was no good that collectors and careless users were able to get into the site with little effort by buying their way in or receiving one of the many invites floating around.

As an added bonus, it will likely encourage more people to become uploaders. :happy:

n00bz0r
05-17-2009, 03:32 AM
This new policy is definitely going to cut down on the amount of 'bad' users who would have been previously able to get into the site quite easily. Seriously, it was no good that collectors and careless users were able to get into the site with little effort by buying their way in or receiving one of the many invites floating around.

As an added bonus, it will likely encourage more people to become uploaders. :happy:

true.
members can look forward to a surge in uploads now. :P
personally, i would love to see more uppers sharing stuff(even if their motivation is invites.)

cinephilia
05-17-2009, 05:18 AM
personally, i would love to see more uppers sharing stuff(even if their motivation is invites.)
personnaly, i wouldn't.
more uploaders for invite purpose = more crappy music

Stellar
05-17-2009, 05:41 AM
But there's always bound to be a few gems in a gigantic pile of crap. :P

n00bz0r
05-17-2009, 05:59 AM
But there's always bound to be a few gems in a gigantic pile of crap. :P
+1 :lol:
Its just not possible that only the regular upploaders of Pedros' have gems in their collections.
The new rules could actually push a few dormant members (downloaders) into digging for (unreleased) music, and who knows, they might turn up with something rare in true sense? :P
i will keep my hopes high! :D

AkaiDoresu
05-17-2009, 07:21 AM
People from Pedro's and E**** are very careful while inviting people.

"Having" invites itself is not a problem.
And regarding the "buying" issue. You can buy almost everything including FTN etc, so theoretically all should be easy to get it, but it's not.

GL, if you can prove you know something about lossless music, and show some interest you might find one. If you just trader or tracker collector, don't bother, Pedro's is unlike any other site, its not about speeds, number of torrents, or pre-times. It's about quality of the uploads and community.

I am very skeptic about inviting new people as 90% are getting banned or don't use their accounts.

personnaly, i wouldn't.
more uploaders for invite purpose = more crappy music

You can't upload crappy music on Pedro's. It might not include artwork etc but music will be OK... And if you mean crappy genre or band, than you're wrong. People there can appreciate any kind of music.