PDA

View Full Version : [Request] FTN request

flashback3r
12-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi everyone.

Well, here it comes I'd like to join ftn. I don't think I'll get invited by someone that doesn't know me. But I'd like to make new contacts in the p2p torrent world.

I am already member at some good sites, I have some friends pretty high up who has invited me to places which I'm very thankful to be in :)

But not so many of my friends are on ftn :S That is my problem, and those who are don't have any invites, they are out there i know that, but they are quite rare.

I would like to join ftn because I think it seems like the ultimate site for me. I love the no ratio system for many reasons, ideological reasons, good pre, and one of the most important things: they have caring members that want the best for the site.

I think I could contribute to that, I have awesome ratios on the few sites I'm member on now. Not that ratio is all here but I do always keep torrents till they are above 1 in ratio no matter how long it takes, so i'm not a torrent killer.

Okey, seeding on one hand, it's an important part of a tracker, it's what it's all about. But I'm also active in forums and IRC on the trackers I have. So I think I could be good for ftn, make it more active:)

You might think: "Oh, this guy probably already have 0day trackers he uses so why does he want one more"

But I only have two real 0day trackers, okey 3 with swebits, but that's a swedish material tracker. And I wouldn't ask for ftn if I wouldn't use it. I would use ftn as my main 0day tracker, always checker there first and use it.

Well, I'm done with my request now. I hope someone will see this and think that I seem like a good guy. Please don't hesitate to ask for my msn or something then. Get to know me and give me a chance :) It's always fun with new friends ^^

Sorry for the wall of text, hope that someone will read this anyways... ^^

Take care

Scavenger
12-12-2008, 07:09 PM
If there's a guy who deserves to join to this community, Flashback3r is the one.

I know him and he's a great friend, very nice person. And when it's about BT he's responsible enought.

Good luck bro. :)

:fst:

flashback3r
12-12-2008, 10:04 PM
If someone is hesitating to PM me, don't! :P

I don't expect you to just ask where to send the invite lol, I'm mostly looking for a friend ^^

Enlightened
12-13-2008, 12:23 AM
Just my 2 cebts....
If U are from Sewden, I know there are big bunch of swedes in FTN, maybe U can hook yourself up in SWEDVDR Forum, OR one of the other Swedish Forums. At least U are casting a wider net , to secure an Invite at FTN....
At LVL 8 or up , it just gets to a point, of WHOM U know [ I know is a Sad reality, but True].....
I would have given U one, if I have one on had..
Not sure this help, if NOT I just "SpaMMed " your Thread, sorry...

Godot
12-13-2008, 12:37 AM
Just use TL it has all the same content.

pone44
12-13-2008, 12:47 AM
flashback3r

You Have a good history here from what i can see. Not a member there myself so i do not know how the site is content wise-ect. Maybe someone will be generous when they get a invite,you never know? :fst:

Good Luck :)

MiNiMAL
12-13-2008, 07:34 AM
GL buddy !

b1oodyh3ll
12-13-2008, 07:58 AM
great another ftn request. Do you see anybody giving them out for free?

pone44
12-13-2008, 08:01 AM
b1oodyh3ll- A lot of great Giveaways, generous members here on Fst. You never know? :fst:

Answered below :yes:

Swift
12-13-2008, 08:03 AM
great another ftn request. Do you see anybody giving them out for free?

yes i did:dabs:

daemOn
12-13-2008, 10:19 AM
-removed-

Swift
12-13-2008, 10:26 AM
there is a special topic for this kind of questions, use it !

flashback3r
12-13-2008, 10:42 AM
Just my 2 cebts....
If U are from Sewden, I know there are big bunch of swedes in FTN, maybe U can hook yourself up in SWEDVDR Forum, OR one of the other Swedish Forums. At least U are casting a wider net , to secure an Invite at FTN....
At LVL 8 or up , it just gets to a point, of WHOM U know [ I know is a Sad reality, but True].....
I would have given U one, if I have one on had..
Not sure this help, if NOT I just "SpaMMed " your Thread, sorry...

Thanks for the tips mate ^^

daemOn
12-13-2008, 10:59 AM
there is a special topic for this kind of questions, use it !

please provide the url of that topic. thanx

sorry for off-topic

bourne
12-13-2008, 11:01 AM
@daemOn: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-bittorrent-trackers-down-back-up-137426/? ;)

daemOn
12-13-2008, 12:26 PM
@daemOn: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-bittorrent-trackers-down-back-up-137426/? ;)

thanx a lot bourne :D

flashback3r
12-13-2008, 03:33 PM
Please guys, I really want to join FTN.

I think I could be a good addition for them. I promise I wont let you down.

Just PM me for my msn ^^

hotshot6473
12-13-2008, 03:38 PM
You need to make a friend on FTN that has an invite because there are not many invites available.

flashback3r
12-13-2008, 03:41 PM
You need to make a friend on FTN that has an invite because there are not many invites available.

Yup, I know that. That's what I'm trying to do here ^^

The ones with FTN i already know don't have any invites. So I hope someone on ftn with invites sees this and thinks I seem like a cool dude and wants my msn or something :)

hotshot6473
12-13-2008, 03:56 PM
Ok cool well good luck you seem like a cool guy

flashback3r
12-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Thanks ^^

Bumper :)

Please take a look at the first post ^^

EDIT: lol, I didn't bump, it just merged into my previous post :P

flashback3r
12-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Successful bump this time lol:P

triso
12-14-2008, 05:19 PM

Just PM me for my msn ^^

Why don't you beg for it and show the world what a girlie-man you can be.

In other news: FTN is being watched by lawyers who like to send out warning letters for pre-release shit.

johhn
12-14-2008, 05:26 PM
Yup, I know that. That's what I'm trying to do here ^^
The ones with FTN i already know don't have any invites. So I hope someone on ftn with invites sees this and thinks I seem like a cool dude and wants my msn or something :)

seems the ftn invite refresh is still on this month,your best bet to get an invite soon is to donate under your mate's name, sometimes without a big buffer or many posts in the forum but with some donations on the right time can lead to an invite,even for a new member.
dont wanna be 'negtive' here but it's just the reality.
good luck.

@ triso:
which tracker isnt on the watchlist ? read about there was a raid which affected sct a few weeks ago.

dragoi92
12-14-2008, 05:31 PM
I am new here but now i know something
U need to be a good member, to help people ,and to wait for ur invite.
Than u will get it.
So wait.

flashback3r
12-14-2008, 05:55 PM

Just PM me for my msn ^^

Why don't you beg for it and show the world what a girlie-man you can be.

In other news: FTN is being watched by lawyers who like to send out warning letters for pre-release shit.

lol, yeah, this above was my begging man:P

But is ftn being watched more than other trackers? :S

flashback3r
12-15-2008, 02:58 PM
Bump, please have a look.

PM me ^^

monk3y
12-15-2008, 03:35 PM
is downhill

birney29
12-15-2008, 03:46 PM
i am wondering about wat triso said is it being watched more or something ?

Tokeman
12-15-2008, 04:04 PM
I've never gotten a warning letter from any tracker, let alone FTN. I dl a lot of pre-release stuff.

I call shenanigans

hotshot6473
12-15-2008, 05:12 PM
I've never gotten a warning letter from any tracker, let alone FTN. I dl a lot of pre-release stuff.

I call shenanigans

Hey Tokeman whats the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls and the mozerlla sticks?

Tokeman
12-15-2008, 05:35 PM
Was supposed to be a southpark reference, but super troopers was good too :P

flashback3r
12-16-2008, 02:13 PM
Bumper:P

^^

Cabalo
12-17-2008, 04:50 AM
only 7 days to go...

pone44
12-17-2008, 05:12 AM
OP-Think invites are closed as members said in other requests.

Would try again some other time, Give more of a reason why you want it with proof to openly req a site like that.

Making a site which i think is pretty active already and to make new contacts? I Have never been there but i would think?

flashback3r
12-17-2008, 01:55 PM
only 7 days to go...

too what man? ^^

and @ pone44: Well, from what I have heard invites are rare but not closed. Active members and donors might get them now and then.

Tokeman
12-17-2008, 04:27 PM

Would try again some other time, Give more of a reason why you want it with proof to openly req a site like that.

Making a site which i think is pretty active already and to make new contacts? I Have never been there but i would think?

Invites are not closed. You must not be a member, or are reading something outdated...

johhn
12-17-2008, 04:56 PM
the invite refresh is not finished yet but maybe soon. some site news regarding invites. no news about ending the invite refresh yet either. so there's still a chance to get an invte if you donate.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-11-13 22:23:58 GMT (4 weeks ago)
An invite refresh will be happening soon.
These will become regularly occurring where all invites will be wiped after some time and fresh invites will be handed out.
All users who donated at least the minimum so far this month will receive an invite, including those donors who already received one this month (those of you who donated above the minimum).
I'll be scouring the site stats and forums to determine some other users who will also receive an invite.
Peers have passed the 30,000 mark, torrents are at an all time high, and this is only the beginning.
Christmas time will be our goal for some special additions to the site.
Thanks for all your support guys (and girls).
//staff
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2008-11-26 03:58:33 GMT (3 weeks ago)
Invites are still going out.
There are only so many out at once but the refresh is nowhere near finished so don't fret.
I'll let you know when it's complete.

flashback3r
12-17-2008, 06:01 PM
That sounds promising :)

pone44
12-17-2008, 08:05 PM
My bad.Thought i read that Read it somewhere,maybe was outdated? Guess i was wrong :yes: Hmmn.
Your right, am not a member at F*n as i have said. I Never have been!

Invites are not closed. You must not be a member, or are reading something outdated...

salahnasser
12-17-2008, 10:44 PM
hi pone44
invites are open in F*N now

killercam101
12-17-2008, 11:04 PM
Invites are OPEN? wtf..ure lying!!!!

ben99
12-17-2008, 11:18 PM
hi pone44
invites are open in F*N now

open in the sense that staff is slowly giving them out.

flashback3r
12-18-2008, 04:59 PM
Guys, I have heard some ftn members have gotten invites now ^^

I wont let you down...

EDIT: just days ago i mean then :)

RedRansom
12-18-2008, 07:48 PM

I wont let you down...

true, they were donor of the last month( and ppl donate to friend's acount for invite) I heard this and i saw 2 or 3 of my friend get ftn easly:dabs:

dragoi92
12-18-2008, 07:51 PM

I wont let you down...

true, they were donor of the last month( and ppl donate to friend's acount for invite) I heard this and i saw 2 or 3 of my friend get ftn easly:dabs:

Yes
This is true.

GuitarLegend
12-18-2008, 09:02 PM
dude good luck :>
i read some of your posts and...you deserve a ftn invite

flashback3r
12-18-2008, 09:04 PM
dude good luck :>
i read some of your posts and...you deserve a ftn invite

Thanks man. That's kind of you :happy:

Enlightened
12-18-2008, 10:23 PM
I know "Ethically", $$ should NOT play a role in Invites.......
But I am seeing, more and more of these Sites [ S*T,F*N,S*C,PT...etc] & many more are following along the Footsteps,[ Donate To Get Invites] >>> eventhough most Trackers offers a FREE service, But Reality is Reality... $$ Talks, BullSH*T walks
To get in to those so call "High -End" or "most Demanded or Popular"....Trackers, NOT ONLY DO U NEED TO HOOK UP WITH FRIENDS OR HOMIES But, also $$$$.....kinda make me Sad.

P.S. Face it, how long have this guy been "Begging" here??..U tell me??

pone44
12-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Long time, requesting since 05-29-08 is a hard site to be invited to. You must have a friend that can trust you first to recieve a invite, not doubting you are trustworthy!

Try again with a new request, another time in the future

Good Luck :)

Or maybe someone will check your profile and invite you, who knows?
So, no offense OP but maybe this request should be closed for good.

Edit: listen to di@monds. :yes:

Di@monds
12-18-2008, 10:47 PM
All i see is 10+n ppl wishing him luck and no1 willing to give 1 ftn....Thats just sad.
My best advise to OP is go to sct/scc/xxx irc, make friends, after that ftn or anything else is possible.(sct.swe or scc.swe for example)
I know what im talking about ;)

cinephilia
12-19-2008, 12:43 AM
you seems to be a good guy... i can invite you to scc if you don't have it yet.

Disme
12-19-2008, 06:45 AM
The story of most F-requests here ... bunch of wankers wishing him good luck to get a higher post-count, because they hope some nitwit will get impressed by that number and forget to check their posting-history :frusty:

It's been said many times before ... make friends and don't start begging strangers to get you into FTN, cause it won't happen anytime soon.

To all wankers wishing him good luck ... give him an invite or shut the fuck up.

apextwin146
12-19-2008, 07:15 AM
:wub:
Best of luck ... ( i need to reach 1300)

:fst::fst::fst:

flashback3r
12-19-2008, 07:39 AM
Well, okey, I'll close this thread then.

But I think I have been quite lucky though. Some kind ppl have answered, I have made a couple of new friends. Noone have an invite, but still, maybe in the future :)

Thanks for you're attention, and thank you guys that have answered my call ^^

flashback3r
04-25-2011, 01:27 PM
Bump.

There has been a while since I made this thread. But I still want to join ftn. A couple of years have gone. Hope I have better luck to find a friendly soul with a ftn invite now ^^

If you can help me you can pm me and we can get to know each other better.

Thanks in advance, I would really appreciate it :)

The_Martinator
04-25-2011, 01:57 PM
The story of most F-requests here ... bunch of wankers wishing him good luck to get a higher post-count, because they hope some nitwit will get impressed by that number and forget to check their posting-history :frusty:

It's been said many times before ... make friends and don't start begging strangers to get you into FTN, cause it won't happen anytime soon.

To all wankers wishing him good luck ... give him an invite or shut the fuck up.

GL, mate, you truly deserves it! :P

Mostly because of your well thought out posts and all....

sez
04-25-2011, 02:08 PM
this thread should only be relevant if this was 2006/7,my advice to you is to forget about ftn and start paying more attention to your girlfriend...haven't you heard the story?

YoYoY
04-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Since I can't help ( you know why, flashback3r ), I wish you good luck with your request. I'm pretty sure someone will invite you soon enough.

Evelyn
04-25-2011, 02:31 PM
this thread should only be relevant if this was 2006/7,my advice to you is to forget about ftn and start paying more attention to your girlfriend...haven't you heard the story?

LOL , stop scaring people sez

flashback3r
04-25-2011, 02:40 PM

haha, I have heard the story. But i know how to prioritize well. You have time for both if you do it well ;)

shipwreck
04-25-2011, 02:48 PM
He's right though. No point in trying to join a site so badly if it's obviously so extremely difficult that even after years of torrenting you're still trying to get in.

flashback3r seems to be a good guy, and actually one of those who is active in tracker forums and iRC (going by his own words), basically investing quite a bit of time in this 'hobby'. If after years of investing so much time he's still trying to get in, it's probably about time to give it a rest and move on.

There is only one tracker out there that I'm not member on which is of interest to me for various reasons. That tracker is very difficult to join, too, but unlike flashback3r, I never actually tried to get in there, never invested time and effort to 'get to know people' with the aim to become a member there (wouldn't want to anyway, as it feels kinda 'dirty' to become 'friends' with people just for the sake of joining a site; that's what the traditional scene is all about, and I'm glad that those wasted years are long behind me). I just accepted the fact that it very likely won't happen, especially with me being so 'passive' about it, and moved on. Thing is, the torrent world has changed so much over the years, so many new sites have emerged, great sites even. There are excellent alternatives for every so called 'rare' tracker out there, provided it's really all about the content for you, and less about 'status' and e-penis.

Evelyn
04-25-2011, 03:36 PM
There is only one tracker out there that I'm not member on which is of interest to me for various reasons. That tracker is very difficult to join, too, but unlike flashback3r, I never actually tried to get in there, never invested time and effort to 'get to know people' with the aim to become a member there (wouldn't want to anyway, as it feels kinda 'dirty' to become 'friends' with people just for the sake of joining a site; that's what the traditional scene is all about, and I'm glad that those wasted years are long behind me). I just accepted the fact that it very likely won't happen, especially with me being so 'passive' about it, and moved on. Thing is, the torrent world has changed so much over the years, so many new sites have emerged, great sites even. There are excellent alternatives for every so called 'rare' tracker out there, provided it's really all about the content for you, and less about 'status' and e-penis.

Full marks for the wonderful philosophy.

Quarterquack
04-25-2011, 03:39 PM
I hate to rail on sites that I'm a member of (well... for obvious reasons), but in this case, I can't help but not.

Flashback3r, I assure you, there is nothing special about FTN. It's just another quiet homely place getting by. A lot of people that you will meet/see on FTN are the same you will meet/see in other places, and if you can't befriend them elsewhere, chances are slim that any "real" friendship will bud in an elitist place. The files are the same as other sites, in fact I'd venture to say that the uploaders at FTN themselves do better jobs on those very other sites sometimes. If the no ratio is a big deal for you then BTN/BCG/What (with their new ratio rules and all) are all you should need to get those files/packs on FTN that you can't find on other general trackers - which by the way follow and upload more releases than FTN. I'd say if you enjoy TL/SCC/whatever, FTN really isn't worth the migranes you've been putting yourself through for two years...

But then again, that's just my opinion. :no:

flashback3r
04-25-2011, 04:17 PM
You can spare me the lectures about how ftn is and why i should give up.

I'm looking to join ftn to settle down and use it as my main 0day tracker. I want a nice homely tracker for that. I only use the trackers i like most now. Like what.cd, bitme and torrentleech. But for my 0day tracker i want ftn. It is as simple as that. And on those trackers I like, I do donate to and I am like the best user on them.

The re-opening of this thread is my last shot i think. The thought of ftn awoke again when i talked to a friend.

I am sure someone understands me. I hope so at least ^^

shipwreck
04-25-2011, 04:23 PM
So FTN is a retirement home for torrent pensioners now?

flashback3r
04-25-2011, 04:39 PM
kinda for me :P But that's not a bad thing

Quarterquack
04-25-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm looking to join ftn to settle down and use it as my main 0day tracker ... And on those trackers I like, I do donate to and I am like the best user on them.

And yet you are dealing those trackers the injustice of not caring about them enough, and willing to give them up for something arguably equivalent but that has just proven more elusive.

Good luck. :rollseyes:

flashback3r
04-25-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm looking to join ftn to settle down and use it as my main 0day tracker ... And on those trackers I like, I do donate to and I am like the best user on them.

And yet you are dealing those trackers the injustice of not caring about them enough, and willing to give them up for something arguably equivalent but that has just proven more elusive.

Good luck. :rollseyes:

Well, to be honest I would use torrentleech less. But its a pay2leech site, kinda, donations and ads. Do they really need them both? Well I'm would feel a little bad for TL if i got invited to FTN. But they will prolly manage to get around with one less poweruser (they have like hundreds of thousands of users?).

And I do not join new sites (except ftn) because i know I wont use them. So I think I am doing the right thing to the trackers I am a member on.

anon
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Well, to be honest I would use torrentleech less. But its a pay2leech site, kinda, donations and ads. ... (they have like hundreds of thousands of users?).

You answered that part yourself. They have a couple hundred thousand users, and servers aren't free. And you can easily block ads and choose not to donate (while there are rewards for it, it's not mandatory) anyway...

shipwreck
04-25-2011, 06:33 PM
A 'retirement home' for veteran torrenters isn't such a bad idea for a new site really. Accounts won't get deleted if inactive (only after two years of inactivity a proper virtual burial is given), large fonts to be used with a high contrast theme, the first line support will help you to get rid of the addiction before it's too late and your spouse runs away etc. etc.. Sounds like nice place to me.

flashback3r
04-25-2011, 07:20 PM
This thread has derailed a bit. Discussing torrentleech's economy or what kind of tracker FTN is might be fun. But if you wanna talk about that maybe you can make a thread about it.

I would like to get closer to getting invited to FTN here. So if you aren't going to help me with that and discuss stuff that belongs somewhere else, do it somewhere else pls.

Anyone who can help me? You won't regret it :)

ninja666
04-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Well mate, I think this is the questions you need to ask:
Anyone know how much you need to donate or how many times to get an invite? And can someone do that for me?

Would give you one if i had any invites on my account...sorry!
(Hoppas dock att du får en gratis!)
//2tim to Sthlm :-)

flashback3r
04-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Well mate, I think this is the questions you need to ask:
Anyone know how much you need to donate or how many times to get an invite? And can someone do that for me?

Would give you one if i had any invites on my account...sorry!
(Hoppas dock att du får en gratis!)
//2tim to Sthlm :-)

Well, yeah. But some people who already got an invite might look at this thread I hope :) There are invites out there and some people do donate now and then ^^

Too bad that you didn't have one :/ Take care fellow stockholmare

flashback3r
05-04-2011, 09:25 PM
Bump :)