PDA

View Full Version : Can v seed two same torrents for same computer

thrillerboy
12-12-2008, 07:07 PM
Me and my friend are sharing a seedbox. So, can v seed a same torrent from a same tracker using that seedbox? or is it considered like using multiple accounts and result in ban?

CaptanAmerica
12-12-2008, 07:12 PM
u can seed from 3-4 places for 1 account. but i think that seed for 2 accts at one tracker isnt allowed and will result in a ban

thrillerboy
12-12-2008, 07:13 PM
yeah.... seeding frm different places is not a problem..... but, I think I might want to check with the staffs of the tracker ;)

cinephilia
12-12-2008, 07:16 PM
you won't have any problem as long as you explain it in your profile (infos).

thrillerboy
12-12-2008, 07:43 PM
yeah.... checked with the staff..... seems like we are not allowed to do that

cinephilia
12-12-2008, 07:46 PM
yeah.... checked with the staff..... seems like we are not allowed to do that
really ? what tracker is it ?

thrillerboy
12-12-2008, 08:07 PM
TL. they said.. it may cause stats not update properly..

vobilli
12-12-2008, 08:08 PM
yeah.... checked with the staff..... seems like we are not allowed to do that I'd check again either through their irc or a different admin. You may have explained the situation wrong or the person has no idea what they're talking about.. I use a seedbox on four high-end private trackers and the staff has been fine with it. I find it hard to believe a tracker would forbid sharing a seedbox.

Edit: Talk to another admin. Sharing is allowed there.

Popov
12-12-2008, 08:19 PM
yeah.... checked with the staff..... seems like we are not allowed to do that I'd check again either through their irc or a different admin. You may have explained the situation wrong or the person has no idea what they're talking about.. I use a seedbox on four high-end private trackers and the staff has been fine with it. I find it hard to believe a tracker would forbid sharing a seedbox.

Sharing is NOT allowed there. If you DL a torrent that you've downloaded before. They will give you a warning or ban you for sharing. ;)

thrillerboy
12-12-2008, 08:26 PM

I din't said sharing is not allowed. I asked weather we both can seed a same torrent (some.film.codec.avi) with two different passkeys from a same seed box. they said no. But, seeding two different torrents doesn't seem to have prob with them :)

also, thanks for your efforts and for clearing with the staff

cinephilia
12-12-2008, 08:26 PM
as long as you don't dl the same torrent in the same time, sharing a sb with someone is OK.

dragoi92
12-12-2008, 08:29 PM
I think that u cant download a torrent twice.
it said that this torrent is downloading.

I had a shared seedbox with my friend and i never download the same torrent.

vobilli
12-12-2008, 10:15 PM

My bad, you guys misunderstood me. I meant sharing a seedbox is allowed.