PDA

View Full Version : More candidates for a bailout

j2k4
12-13-2008, 03:36 PM
May be some nice real estate available soon. :whistling

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,466564,00.html

bigboab
12-14-2008, 02:39 PM
If they don't stop bailing out investors there is going to be a long line of gamblers investors wanting our their money back.:whistling

j2k4
12-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Old money (and those who have it) can be disgusting.

No empathy for them, and they can't figure out why.

clocker
12-14-2008, 03:44 PM
Old money (and those who have it) can be disgusting.

"Can be", yes but really, these people were doing just what you would do in their position- trying to maximize the benefit of their fortune.
The guy screwed them.

Besides, it appears that it's not just "old money" that got taken.
Apparently, several municipal funds were inadvertently involved as well.

j2k4
12-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Agreed, on all points.

We should extend the death penalty to white-collar criminals, I think.

clocker
12-14-2008, 09:56 PM
Agreed, on all points.

There is certainly an argument that could be made.
Especially in a case of this scope, the level of destruction and the great number of victims would seem to exceed the damage caused by your "average" death penalty murder.

Besides, given the historically puny punishment meted out for white collar (financial) crime and couple that with the message implicit in the recent Wall Street bailout, there is damn little in the way of deterrent in place.

pentomato
12-14-2008, 10:32 PM
Agreed, on all points.

Yes, yes, death penalty for any one that commits fraud while on politics, damn there woulnd't be any republican alive lol lol lol

j2k4
12-15-2008, 03:18 AM
Agreed, on all points.

Yes, yes, death penalty for any one that commits fraud while on politics, damn there woulnd't be any republican alive lol lol lol

Mr. Madoff, while a contributor to both parties, favored democrats for the most part.

It seems his favorite is a fellow named Chuck Schumer, perhaps you've heard of him.

clocker
12-15-2008, 04:18 AM
This is a political story now?

j2k4
12-15-2008, 10:52 AM
This is a political story now?

Depends on the poster, I guess. :whistling

pentomato
12-15-2008, 12:05 PM

Mr. Madoff, while a contributor to both parties, favored democrats for the most part.

It seems his favorite is a fellow named Chuck Schumer, perhaps you've heard of him.

Ted Stevens comes to mind lol.
Ok, Ok, crook and gay politicians too, I think DC would be empty by days end. lol

Busyman
12-21-2008, 06:00 PM
Agreed, on all points.

Especially in a case of this scope, the level of destruction and the great number of victims would seem to exceed the damage caused by your "average" death penalty murder.

Besides, given the historically puny punishment meted out for white collar (financial) crime and couple that with the message implicit in the recent Wall Street bailout, there is damn little in the way of deterrent in place.

China gets this right though. :whistling

j2k4
12-21-2008, 08:47 PM

China gets this right though. :whistling

Ah, yes, but we're supposed to be better than China, remember?