PDA

View Full Version : Is torrenting killing too much time

thrillerboy
12-14-2008, 11:40 AM
I've been using torrents for more than a year, I often feel that it consumes a considerable amount of time, If you have more that 4 or 5 tracker, in which you need to maintain a good ratio. You have be careful in what you download and will it get leechers etc. Not to mention the filesharing forums, People seem to be always online in places like this :p

Obviously theres little less pressure for users with high speed connections or seedbox.

what are your opinions?

tX
12-14-2008, 11:45 AM
Torrenting's not a job ffs, nor is it a game. I don't know why so many people treat it that way
Open up desired site, search for desired torrent, load said torrent... Takes around 30 seconds I'd say?

If you find a forum that you enjoy posting in and start posting, it's more of a hobby. Unless of course, you're posting for filesharing reasons (hay guize, need moar posts so I can get eff tee enn?)

0Ri0N
12-14-2008, 02:01 PM
Indeed torrenting is a hobby that consumes plenty of time. Less time for family, friends and other activities...

Blackbeard
12-14-2008, 02:09 PM
How so?, you just download the files you want walk off let it seed for days. :P

acehood
12-14-2008, 02:13 PM
When you're thinking more about how you're getting the files rather than enjoying/watching/using them, I'd say yes.

Blackbeard
12-14-2008, 02:14 PM
When you're thinking more about how you're getting the files rather than enjoying/watching/using them, I'd say yes.

Now that is true..

vpg8000
12-14-2008, 02:45 PM

Guilty :pinch:

ShadowsServant
12-14-2008, 04:38 PM

Guilty :pinch:
touche. :blink:

dragoi92
12-14-2008, 04:41 PM
If u like torrent world,than live in torrent.
If u think that torrenting is killing much time than dont use torrent.
U can use rapidshare so u download and u dont care about seeding.

And if u want to be in torrent world than:shutup:

Lucifer9999
12-14-2008, 05:10 PM
torrenting it's a little bit of necesity, but a lot of hobby!!!
you are more preocupied about the ratio than the content u download!!

cinephilia
12-14-2008, 05:26 PM
it's the reason why i buffered all my accounts with a dedicated server during 3-4 months, so now, i can dl without preoccupying about anything except seeding as long as i can.

dragoi92
12-14-2008, 05:30 PM
it's the reason why i buffered all my accounts with a dedicated server during 3-4 months, so now, i can dl without preoccupying about anything except seeding as long as i can.

I am doing this too.:)

xnugx
12-14-2008, 06:26 PM
I don't really worry about my ratios at this point, I'm safe. But finding out whats going on in the torreng world, tracker news, random junk going on at FST... wastes a lot of time! Fortunately not too much for me. Maybe like 20 mins a day?

The Wanderer
12-14-2008, 06:42 PM
Not really for me, but then again I use only 2 or 3 trackers on regular basis: one for 0day, one for music and one for HD.

Swift
12-14-2008, 07:03 PM
yes it does :| now i can't stop

thrillerboy
12-14-2008, 07:47 PM

yeah.... me too doing it now...... to save time in future......

jbloggs
12-14-2008, 08:08 PM
Hi, my name is {insert name here}, and I have problem....

naikon
12-14-2008, 08:29 PM
ok, few words from me- im in p2p since october 2007 and ive seen(via friends VNC's)/have/had almost every tracker from 4lvl+ (without AOM and sweD) im going to end this 'hobby' soon, what can i say ? is no need to chase the rarest sites cuz they are very weak :P im talking about peers traffic, speeds and torrents lifetime.. folowing my trackers experience the best sites for me are: sct, tl, rtt, waffles, bmtv, hdbits and others but it depends from nationality fe bh, nb, swedvdr.. so guyz....

i forgot bcg for gamers and tt for trance lovers ;p

STOP CHASIN START LIVIN ;]

vpg8000
12-14-2008, 09:07 PM
It's better to have chased and failed than to have never chased at all :D

Enlightened
12-14-2008, 09:15 PM

Ha !! Ha !!.....I freakin' know what U MEAN, Man....:yup:

Torrenting can be the Worst addiction , if U DO NOT discipline yourself...:noes:
especially, when U get into the "Bad Habit" of chasing after High end or rare Trackers.....:noes:

Take it from a Recovery Ex-High end Tracker Chaser....

Get a life, go out with friends& family, Get a GF, read a Book, enjoy Life, Torrenting >>> is just a way to supplement your acquisition of Big entertainment files....:naughty:

If all fails, Go Download some XXX , U will NEVER have any problem SEEDing it Back.......LMAO. Good luck Wankers on Torrenting...:lol:

1000possibleclaws
12-14-2008, 09:53 PM

Ha !! Ha !!.....I freakin' know what U MEAN, Man....:yup:

Torrenting can be the Worst addiction , if U DO NOT discipline yourself...:noes:
especially, when U get into the "Bad Habit" of chasing after High end or rare Trackers.....:noes:

Take it from a Recovery Ex-High end Tracker Chaser....

Get a life, go out with friends& family, Get a GF, read a Book, enjoy Life, Torrenting >>> is just a way to supplement your acquisition of Big entertainment files....:naughty:

If all fails, Go Download some XXX , U will NEVER have any problem SEEDing it Back.......LMAO. Good luck Wankers on Torrenting...:lol:

lol are you 'recovered' or did you just finally get all the high-end trackers you wanted :P

TrAnCeTaSTiC
12-15-2008, 12:25 AM
Any hobby requires a persons time. Whether or not you spend considerable amounts or just dilly-dally is up to you. I find myself in a nice happy-medium. :)

Sunnydown
12-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I enjoy sharing as much as I can, so torrents are my favorite choice. I do occasionally use RSS and News, but prefer the forums on torrent sites. I have met some really great friends!

hijump
12-15-2008, 12:33 PM
torenting consumes much time .. this is the main ideea

Funkin'
12-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Torrenting itself? No. It takes a couple minutes to hunt down the file you want and download. It finishes downloading then it seeds. Torrenting takes up very little of my time.

Spending time on forums, like FST and others, discussing a whole bunch of nothing takes up a whole lot more of my time than torrenting ever did, or will.

ajsi
12-15-2008, 03:21 PM
Torrenting itself? No. It takes a couple minutes to hunt down the file you want and download. It finishes downloading then it seeds. Torrenting takes up very little of my time.

Spending time on forums, like FST and others, discussing a whole bunch of nothing takes up a whole lot more of my time than torrenting ever did, or will.
i can do nothing but agree with you

basilhaydens
12-15-2008, 03:43 PM
Keeping up with the Jones' and trying to get into new trackers, buffer accounts, all that shit, takes up too much time. I learned my lesson though. You'll never use up that buffer and you don't need all those sites. Just be honest with yourself about what you really want/need from torrents.

buggyfresh
12-15-2008, 04:02 PM
Def takes up time esp if you use a home line that you have to monitor like a hawk..it's not the downloading or the uploading traffic -- it's the prepping of descriptions tc if you upload at numerous sites, it's the forums on sites and off (like this one), its the silly competitions that tempt you with GBs and invites that you'll most likely never use, and it's the damned IRC where every 5 mins your name flashes and you just can't resist seeing what was said lol. I think my new year resolution will be more torrenting less of the stuff surrounding it!

colbert
12-16-2008, 12:50 AM
The key is to limit your time and efforts into just a few sites. If you are spending a lot of time maintaining 5+ sites, it's time to consolidate.

piratebot
12-16-2008, 01:15 AM
it's called, only using trackers you need and building buffers.

thrillerboy
12-16-2008, 02:03 AM
seems like lotta people have the same prob that I've :p

meelad
12-16-2008, 06:53 AM
I agree with most of the people's ideas here. Seems like most people here have similar problems, including me. Although I am not after high level trackers because I have got enough, but I enjoy surfing the trackers which I already have and also FST. I don't download much. Maybe 2 movies in a week.

ben99
12-16-2008, 07:09 AM
what takes up the most time is irc and the forums in general.

Man1923
12-16-2008, 02:39 PM
That;s true. but i love torrents

buggyfresh
12-16-2008, 03:40 PM
what takes up the most time is irc and the forums in general.

+1 again - sometimes I feel I should just uninstall xchat for good!

piratebot
12-16-2008, 07:05 PM
there are other forums and irc channels unrelated to pirating just so you guys know.

flashback3r
12-16-2008, 08:50 PM
there are other forums and irc channels unrelated to pirating just so you guys know.

Whaaaaat!? :P

Sylar666
12-16-2008, 09:04 PM
Reverting to our original issue of ineterest - it is, in fact. It's a kinda addiction.

Something Else
12-17-2008, 02:47 AM
I've been using torrents for more than a year, I often feel that it consumes a considerable amount of time, If you have more that 4 or 5 tracker, in which you need to maintain a good ratio. You have be careful in what you download and will it get leechers etc. Not to mention the filesharing forums, People seem to be always online in places like this :p

Obviously theres little less pressure for users with high speed connections or seedbox.

what are your opinions?

Talking abbout Is torrenting killing too much time (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-is-torrenting-killing-too-much-time-325513-post3064820#post3064820) is a waste of time. :dry:

lostdemon
12-17-2008, 03:29 AM
I don't feel its a waste of time.
My addiction is playing on xbox live. Now that takes up alot of my time.lol