PDA

View Full Version : FST Bittorrent Newcomer Award 2008

Polarbear
12-14-2008, 07:50 PM
here is the poll for the official fst bittorrent newcomer award 2008

vote! and feel free to leave comments or something else.

the winner will be announced on january, 1st 2009.

edit: ptb is passthepopcorn (typo).

cinephilia
12-14-2008, 07:52 PM
I don't see any poll

Edit: ok, i see it now

I vote for PTN.

ben99
12-14-2008, 08:08 PM
vortex? are you kidding me?

anyways hard choice between ptn and sbits as they are both great sites. In the end I chose ptn as it gave me the opportunity to meet a bunch of really cool people.

1000possibleclaws
12-14-2008, 08:08 PM
I don't recognize half of those trackers since you've decided to make acronyms for all of them :pinch: Where's GFTracker?

respawn40
12-14-2008, 08:09 PM
I chose PTN because everyone there is awesome. And I just love their gold system/total traffic :)

cinephilia
12-14-2008, 08:12 PM
hard choice between ptn and sbits as they are both great sites. In the end I chose ptn as it gave me the opportunity to meet a bunch of really cool people.
exactly my thought

Polarbear
12-14-2008, 08:14 PM
Where's GFTracker?

not founded in 2008 according to the nomination thread.

alcoholik
12-14-2008, 08:17 PM
i think ptn is the best :D

dragoi92
12-14-2008, 08:22 PM
i think ptn is the best :D

I am not member in PTN but i heard that is a good tracker
so i vote for PTN:)

Rigel9
12-14-2008, 08:29 PM
StC FTW!

1000possibleclaws
12-14-2008, 08:39 PM
Where's GFTracker?

Ya, and read my post as well. It seems it's pretty much the same situation as TiT. Again, I'm not 100% sure, but I know that there are no accounts over a year old in that version of the tracker. I dunno I'm just not gonna vote then.

bebytza
12-14-2008, 08:42 PM
I vote for TiT ;)...

Polarbear
12-14-2008, 08:42 PM

Ya, and read my post as well. It seems it's pretty much the same situation as TiT. Again, I'm not 100% sure, but I know that there are no accounts over a year old in that version of the tracker. I dunno I'm just not gonna vote then.

too late. blame the guy who posted a wrong screenshot. i don't know the tracker i couldn't know.

BluRossonero
12-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Don't know what skittles and vortex are.. never seen them.. so I'll go with PTN !

:thumbsup:

mrnobody
12-14-2008, 08:49 PM
i only know 3 or 4 of them :pinch:

edit: nomination and poll in same day? weired.

i'm just saying, not like i care or anything.

spark
12-14-2008, 08:59 PM
TV-Vault, the design sucks but the contents rock

roon3y
12-14-2008, 10:01 PM
stb ftw!!! <3

Ptn rox too :D

Detale
12-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Well well. Look who crawled out of the litterbox. Good to see you.

Where's TTC?? They should be up there as well.

Polarbear
12-14-2008, 10:13 PM

not founded in 2008 as you should know.

piratebot
12-14-2008, 10:14 PM
PTN pwns all the others combined.

puckface
12-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Feed the Meter hasn't gotten any votes yet :(

respawn40
12-14-2008, 10:22 PM
Feed the Meter hasn't gotten any votes yet :(

:huh:

Detale
12-14-2008, 10:30 PM

not founded in 2008 as you should know.
No but it was "changed" in 2008 wasn't it? Same as Tit was reborn this year. I'll check when because I may be wrong.

Night0wl
12-14-2008, 10:35 PM
SDBits for me I think. I really like their content.

viru5
12-14-2008, 10:54 PM
STB diserv it.

waki
12-14-2008, 10:55 PM
skittles, obv

TrAnCeTaSTiC
12-15-2008, 12:23 AM
PTN 4tw!

integral
12-15-2008, 01:37 AM
Why is TiT on the list and GFT isn't?

abosamer
12-15-2008, 01:40 AM
Voted for PTN

(I)
12-15-2008, 01:43 AM
If PTN is the best, then this year was a shitty year, sorry
Lots of secret sites with 1 seeder 0 leecher for all torrents lol, what is bittorrent all about anyway

Cabalo
12-15-2008, 02:43 AM

and who on earth entitled you to announce this as an official thread?
you are simply ridiculous.

here is something for you to lick, as i have seen u seem to be pretty good at it:

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/82/275047647_3f9f9228bc.jpg?v=0

NA_Magus
12-15-2008, 02:52 AM
Don't know a single tracker, just heard of like two or three.
Abstained.

manbearpig
12-15-2008, 02:59 AM
I voted for ptn :)

respawn40
12-15-2008, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the funnies, Cabalo :P

bumrocks
12-15-2008, 05:48 AM
I voted for PtN myself...Regardless, of what you think of the tracker they have one of the best staffs around, imo.

I find the two votes for iFi rather funny, btw...

And I second Cabolos statement...It is rather funny being "official" and all...

Funkin'
12-15-2008, 06:19 AM
I also voted for PTN. That tracker has been so many times this year, but they just keep coming back up. The staff is very commited, along with being some of the nicest staff that I know.

I will also going jump on the Cabalo bandwagon. :P The dude always tells it like it is.

kukushka
12-15-2008, 06:36 AM
what polarbear is saying, it's always official, remember this, you noobs :P:frusty::sick:
wonder if skittles came out of beta stage and what does the term "founded" could mean exactly ;)

ps not voting, sry :)

pone44
12-15-2008, 06:38 AM
P*n is a great site, great staff content, point-traffic system. On the bandwagon for my own reasons. :P

Love the site, great work DC and staff!

Polarbear
12-15-2008, 06:42 AM
SDBits for me I think. I really like their content.

i voted for sdbits as well.

Funkin'
12-15-2008, 06:58 AM
Yeah, I was actually debating between SDBits and PTN. These were my two choices. SDBits has some beautiful content, but I chose PTN just for what it's been through.

Disme
12-15-2008, 07:08 AM
I simply don't give a crap ... it's just another way to find out what trackers people have so a ton of beggers can start sending PM's for invites, only this time it's an 'official' thread :rolleyes:

Intr4ns1t
12-15-2008, 08:40 AM
I simply don't give a crap ... it's just another way to find out what trackers people have so a ton of beggers can start sending PM's for invites, only this time it's an 'official' thread :rolleyes:

If you didn't give a crap, you wouldn't say a word :shutup:

Disme
12-15-2008, 08:57 AM

I haven't voted yet, and i won't do it in the future. So I believe I am not lying when saying I don't give a crap what tracker is the best newcomer in 2008, or any other year.

What i do give a crap about is the quality of a thread like this, and the thousands of other 'what is your favourite tracker' in all it's varieties. :frusty:

Intr4ns1t
12-15-2008, 09:50 AM

I haven't voted yet, and i won't do it in the future. So I believe I am not lying when saying I don't give a crap what tracker is the best newcomer in 2008, or any other year.

What i do give a crap about is the quality of a thread like this, and the thousands of other 'what is your favourite tracker' in all it's varieties. :frusty:

I can't argue with you on this second post at all. I'll chalk my response to the first post up to a lack of specificity, and the appearance of animosity :P I guess I was being a bit more literal in my definition of "giving a crap" by including a negative opinion in caring one way or the other.

12-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Skittles

EstelleD
12-15-2008, 11:33 AM
PtN for sure :happy:

Rigel9
12-15-2008, 12:26 PM
lol, what idiot voted for vortex...

hijump
12-15-2008, 12:29 PM
PTN ftw

tX
12-15-2008, 12:29 PM

OR the two that voted for IFI :ermm:

PTN leading... Can't say I'm surprised though, their users would be sure to make a trip here to vote :dry:

BluRossonero
12-15-2008, 01:36 PM

OR the two that voted for IFI :ermm:

PTN leading... Can't say I'm surprised though, their users would be sure to make a trip here to vote :dry:

Everyone has the right to vote. No one is an idiot for having a different opinion. It was their choise to vote for ifi, for vortex. I don't even know how these trackers are, but it doesn't matter how they are. If the other persons found something interesting there, it's his problem.

conopida
12-15-2008, 02:19 PM
It`s an unfair poll,PtN will win for sure...Anyway,good luck to all involved in those trackers,I wish you an new year full of leechers and donors,new designers ,faster servers and old seeds.

God bless p2p,BT,scene and all pirates

jars
12-15-2008, 02:42 PM
I voted STC because of my love for no ratio trackers. When brokenstones down, it became a must have for mac torrenters and even to this day, it arguably as good as the returned brokenstones for content yet ahead due to no ratio (INHO). I would've also voted PTN for the exact reason but you can only vote once.

buggyfresh
12-15-2008, 02:57 PM

cartoonchaos :D

ajsi
12-15-2008, 03:06 PM
well, i would like to vote for gft cause i think it was found in 08, but whatever, op knows better. so my vote goes for sdbits

monk3y
12-15-2008, 03:33 PM
congrats ptn, great staff - had overcome a difficult situation.

basilhaydens
12-15-2008, 03:34 PM
OMGZ ptn is so awesomeness it cannot be put into the same poll as these other trackerz. W00tz

Well, at least when the site is operational.

Polarbear
12-15-2008, 04:56 PM
i just noticed that i made a small typo. ptb is supposed to be ptp (passthepopcorn). i don't know anything about this site, maybe that's why it happend. i doubt that it'll beat the winner, but nevertheless i'm sorry about that.

the poll can't be edited.

dragoi92
12-15-2008, 05:03 PM
i just noticed that i made a small typo. ptb is supposed to be ptp (passthepopcorn). i don't know anything about this site, maybe that's why it happend. i doubt that it'll beat the winner, but nevertheless i'm sorry about that.

the poll can't be edited.

but u can write this in the first page so everyone can see that ptb is ptp(passthepopcorn)

Intr4ns1t
12-15-2008, 05:10 PM
It`s an unfair poll,PtN will win for sure...Anyway,good luck to all involved in those trackers,I wish you an new year full of leechers and donors,new designers ,faster servers and old seeds.

How is an open poll, with each person getting one vote, not held in Florida, an unfair poll? To be frank, I do agree with disme on the fact that this is an overdone and unnecessary subject matter, but really?

w00t, that 52 votes out of the how many thousands of members of FST sure makes me positive that it's a fix. :blink: I personally could care two whits about winning a poll at a site that has never borne any kind of favoritism or above average consideration for our site(in fact in alot of cases, quite the opposite in me estimation)

Thank you much for the well wishes, really, and I wish the same for any site out there that is willing to persevere and make their site work even if luck, life, and the world around them appear to be stacked against them as those are the sites that embody what sharing is all about. Not just the good times and the high esteem, but the shit rep and crap talking too. All the feeble seedbox ddosing and broken machinery, the kick ass packs and good conversation, The bugs, that sometimes turn into butterflys, the great ideas that don't quite work. All that shit is why I do this, and I'm sure the same can be said for alot of our loyal active users who've been there from the start. We aren't the only site in the world that suffers from downtime you know, we just happen to get it talked about disdainfully more frequently from people who hold a grudge for whatever reason.

While at the outset, we had a horrific reception here, and that was partly our fault and partly the fault of a bunch of kiddies that decided to make their own userbars for a site they knew nothing about(ffs, some of those user bars were on this site well before we we're online) . That is where alot of the animosity on this board started as far as I can tell, and I don't get why it continues. We work hard, we change the things that need changed as time permits, we try to create a user friendly environment, and I guess our users appreciate it.

Sorry to present all these words and stuff, but I get really tired of the PtN bashing. if you don't like it, then please PM on site and ask to be disabled. If you aren't there, then what do you know? If you don't care, then why even bother? I'm posting here because for ill or nil our users feel more comfortable with expressing their enjoyment of our tracker. It's laughable to me that a site with 1400 users could possibly be considered to have an unfair advantage in this affair, but hey, it's an opinion poll, so we are all entitled to our opinions huh? :frusty:

flashback3r
12-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Anyway,good luck to all involved in those trackers,I wish you an new year full of leechers and donors,new designers ,faster servers and old seeds.

Well said :happy:

hagckz0r
12-15-2008, 06:00 PM
I have just voted for PTN, it is my one of my favorites

kooftspc11
12-15-2008, 06:37 PM
this list is just a giant pile of shit...who in their right minds would vote for any of these crappy sites?

1000possibleclaws
12-15-2008, 06:42 PM

How is an open poll, with each person getting one vote, not held in Florida, an unfair poll? To be frank, I do agree with disme on the fact that this is an overdone and unnecessary subject matter, but really?

w00t, that 52 votes out of the how many thousands of members of FST sure makes me positive that it's a fix. :blink: I personally could care two whits about winning a poll at a site that has never borne any kind of favoritism or above average consideration for our site(in fact in alot of cases, quite the opposite in me estimation)

Thank you much for the well wishes, really, and I wish the same for any site out there that is willing to persevere and make their site work even if luck, life, and the world around them appear to be stacked against them as those are the sites that embody what sharing is all about. Not just the good times and the high esteem, but the shit rep and crap talking too. All the feeble seedbox ddosing and broken machinery, the kick ass packs and good conversation, The bugs, that sometimes turn into butterflys, the great ideas that don't quite work. All that shit is why I do this, and I'm sure the same can be said for alot of our loyal active users who've been there from the start. We aren't the only site in the world that suffers from downtime you know, we just happen to get it talked about disdainfully more frequently from people who hold a grudge for whatever reason.

While at the outset, we had a horrific reception here, and that was partly our fault and partly the fault of a bunch of kiddies that decided to make their own userbars for a site they knew nothing about(ffs, some of those user bars were on this site well before we we're online) . That is where alot of the animosity on this board started as far as I can tell, and I don't get why it continues. We work hard, we change the things that need changed as time permits, we try to create a user friendly environment, and I guess our users appreciate it.

Sorry to present all these words and stuff, but I get really tired of the PtN bashing. if you don't like it, then please PM on site and ask to be disabled. If you aren't there, then what do you know? If you don't care, then why even bother? I'm posting here because for ill or nil our users feel more comfortable with expressing their enjoyment of our tracker. It's laughable to me that a site with 1400 users could possibly be considered to have an unfair advantage in this affair, but hey, it's an opinion poll, so we are all entitled to our opinions huh? :frusty:

I'm assuming he meant unfair in that other trackers (GFT,TTC,etc..) were left out, which would have sucked up alot of votes

puckface
12-15-2008, 08:22 PM
this list is just a giant pile of shit...who in their right minds would vote for any of these crappy sites?

haha, youre right. SDBits is the only site worth anything on this list. Thats only because of the internal encoders.

I'm assuming he meant unfair in that other trackers (GFT,TTC,etc..) were left out, which would have sucked up alot of votes

and I do this think that *someone* established that GFT and TTC were established in 2007. Not like it matters. And in that respect TiT shouldnt be here either.

mrnobody
12-15-2008, 09:24 PM
and where the f**k is RTS v10?

Albo Da Kid
12-15-2008, 09:36 PM
lolol squirr3l

wiseD
12-15-2008, 11:20 PM
They went down recently mate.

v11 coming up though - check the blog for updates :)

maldini 3
12-16-2008, 12:01 AM
Of course PTN

thrillerboy
12-16-2008, 02:16 AM
Tehconnection.. I don't have any other :/

NA_Magus
12-16-2008, 02:17 AM
They went down recently mate.

v11 coming up though - check the blog for updates :)

The blog requires you to go through five fake pages and two passwords for each page.

cinephilia
12-16-2008, 02:53 AM
I'm really surprised to see that tehconnection get more voices than SDBits

tX
12-16-2008, 07:36 AM
I'm really surprised to see that tehconnection get more voices than SDBits

I would've ranked them about the same, and above PTN
Sorry, but a tracker with 1.5k members will never get my vote. Let's not mention forums where the forum games and pr0n threads seem to account for half the posts :dry:
Don't get my wrong, PtN is unique in it's own ways, but best? Not quite.

pone44
12-16-2008, 08:00 AM
Not a member of the other but P*n is a great site. Heard good things on sdbits too.

apextwin146
12-16-2008, 09:11 AM
@PB - If GfT wasnt a part of this Poll in 2007 then surely it can be made a part of this poll .. It wudnt be that lopsided then with every tom dick and harry supporting a site that has just managed to kept itself alive through the year .. Its get too many sympathy votes
I get it that the staff it good but if u r a good user then u dont need the staff to support you all the way .. Ultimately its the content that matters in the end and u have a strong contender in form of the mafia family .. IMO it actually beats teh PTN straight out in terms of security,uniqueness and content ..

Polarbear
12-16-2008, 09:57 AM
@PB - If GfT wasnt a part of this Poll in 2007 then surely it can be made a part of this poll .. It wudnt be that lopsided then with every tom dick and harry supporting a site that has just managed to kept itself alive through the year .. Its get too many sympathy votes
I get it that the staff it good but if u r a good user then u dont need the staff to support you all the way .. Ultimately its the content that matters in the end and u have a strong contender in form of the mafia family .. IMO it actually beats teh PTN straight out in terms of security,uniqueness and content ..
allright, so once again:

was gft founded in 2008 or not?

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8725/gft818ln8.png

look at the date

i'm not a member of gft (nor ptn btw.), so i can only rely on other's information. according to this screenshot gft was founded before 2008. this poll is about sites that came up in 2008! it's not best site, but best newcomer.

if the information is wrong, blame the user who posted the screenshot. the poll can't be edited anyways.

if you want to know fst's opinion about gft, open a thread: "what do you think about gft?" or "ptn vs. gft" or whatever...

apextwin146
12-16-2008, 10:02 AM
allright, so once again:

was gft founded in 2008 or not?

look at the date

i'm not a member of gft (nor ptn btw.), so i can only rely on other's information. according to this screenshot gft was founded before 2008. this poll is about sites that came up in 2008! it's not best site, but best newcomer.

if the information is wrong, blame the user who posted the screenshot. the poll can't be edited anyways.

if you want to know fst's opinion about gft, open a thread: "what do you think about gft?" or "ptn vs. gft" or whatever...
Read my post again .. I never said that its founded in 2008 .. I said that if it as not a part of the poll last year then maybe it can be included in this ... try reading it again with glasses on next time ..

Polarbear
12-16-2008, 10:08 AM
allright, so once again:

look at the date

Read my post again .. I never said that its founded in 2008 .. I said that if it as not a part of the poll last year then maybe it can be included in this ... try reading it again with glasses on next time ..

if it had been nominated last year, it would have been a part of the poll last year.

this is this year - period.

Disme
12-16-2008, 01:39 PM

By all means ... DON'T !!!:frusty:

Swift
12-16-2008, 01:56 PM
my vote goes to TehConnection

apextwin146
12-16-2008, 02:14 PM
allright, so once again:

if it had been nominated last year, it would have been a part of the poll last year.

this is this year - period.
dang i missed the nomination thread ...
PB would u kind enuff to link to this years nomination thread ..

If it weren't for BIG BOLD style i would have probably made the thread ..

puckface
12-16-2008, 08:45 PM

seriously dude is "FST Bittorrent Newcomer Award 2008" too hard to understand? I dont see 2007 anywhere in the title.

gigsy
12-17-2008, 09:28 PM
my vote went to PTN great tracker users and staff there are great very friendly luv u all :)

forthat
12-17-2008, 10:16 PM
well Tech my vote

bumrocks
12-17-2008, 10:36 PM

I did this for you Disme...

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-what-do-you-think-gft-325803/?

integral
12-17-2008, 11:01 PM
This thread is completely invalidated, TDY wins the thread by default.

Di@monds
12-17-2008, 11:01 PM
GFT died once...make a comebackin 2007 and this thread is about newcomer!
Ohh jeah where is TDY :O

pone44
12-18-2008, 05:46 AM
Off topic.
But only a few have seen it.

I haven't. just read about it in the thread posted. :unsure:

This thread is completely invalidated, TDY wins the thread by default.

fstm
12-28-2008, 08:56 AM
STB would make it as an awesome site.

STB FTW!!

PlayeR
12-28-2008, 09:06 AM
you are too late.