PDA

View Full Version : Hosting-ie .. what's ur opinion ?

FallDX
12-15-2008, 02:42 PM
Hi guys ... i'm thinking to rent VPS from this company and i want to hear your opinions about their service ?? is it good ??

I heard that the speed is good but support is low :( so shall i never use them or what ?

I'll order this " Rabtor Plus " VDS Raptor 1+ " it's written that " has 1Gb connection :) " so what's ur opinion ?

Another question : i never used Box befor so i'll use windows no linux ... is it good or shall i order linux ?? which system in linux ??

The most important thing : how long will it take to get this VPS ready to use ??

Thanks guys .... sorry for bad english not my mother language ;)

andra
12-15-2008, 03:30 PM
I think its pretty bad vps service.

If you get that gbit vps you can have great speed if the other users dont use that mutch bw.

But if the other 2 persons are doing torrent and all 3 are trying to do gbit speed on one harddrive you will have bad speed.

I was able to upload at 18MB/s on late nights. But download had to be under 3MB/s to get good upload speed.

But sometimes i did only got 2MB/s down and 500kb/s upload.

Maby get a small dedicated instead ?

And about the setup time.

They did tell med 72h.

After 72h they told me it was 72 working hours.
I think about 1 week or 2 to get the server.

FallDX
12-15-2008, 03:57 PM
OMG so long 2 weeks :( i opened ticket with them but sill no reply !!
you are right cuz it's shared cpu ... but for the price , it's good :)

any other options for me to get nice server for same price ?? dam Ovh not avilable in all countries & i hate this matter of resellers :(

c.han
12-15-2008, 07:51 PM
i use hosting-ie vps since 1 year and their hosting is best for me.support is no slow.they can fix your all problems easly.i always have 7-8 mb/sn download and 7-8 mb/sn upload

solaris
12-15-2008, 08:53 PM
they should be called hostage ie :whistling

TechnoMan80
12-15-2008, 09:08 PM
For the price they are the best I think

all my friends who bought servers last month got theminstalled on QUAD servers, so fro 3 Users one Quad Server is more than nperfect,

Speed s variable but i think it is much better than on dedicated servers of many other providers :)

Cheers

Carlpb
12-16-2008, 04:28 AM
@ Solaris

they should be called hostage ie

What makes you say that?

SeedBoxer
12-16-2008, 06:17 AM
@ Solaris

they should be called hostage ieWhat makes you say that?

That he never use them :D

Hosting-ie is the best for filesharing at the market if you can afford setup fee of course,
speed, hardware, Bandwidth, Privacy!

solaris
12-16-2008, 10:08 AM
That he never use them :D

Hosting-ie is the best for filesharing at the market if you can afford setup fee of course,
speed, hardware, Bandwidth, Privacy!

i have used more servers then you have wanked :rolleyes:

FallDX
12-16-2008, 06:54 PM
guys look i couldn't buy from them ... no paypal & so complicated with CC :( so left them.

made order from seedhost.eu >> dedicated server not seedbox ... so how long will it take to be ready ? i hope soon :)
thanks

Kuttichan
12-16-2008, 07:07 PM
guys look i couldn't buy from them ... no paypal & so complicated with CC :( so left them.

made order from seedhost.eu >> dedicated server not seedbox ... so how long will it take to be ready ? i hope soon :)
thanks
6-24 hours usually

FallDX
12-16-2008, 08:26 PM

thanks
6-24 hours usually
Thnx man ... i hope so :)

seedhost >> still never respond on my tickets da whole day ... it's 4hours and no mail with information !! do you trust this company guys ?

ahsan
12-17-2008, 03:04 AM
^^^

yes they are trusted resellers... Dont worry, sometimes it takes time.. You will receive your log-in details soon :)

regards

FallDX
12-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks bro .. it's 14Hours now :)

zer0her0
12-17-2008, 02:15 PM
their support is not that great and every little thing costs money, like OS reinstall.

FallDX
12-17-2008, 04:07 PM
ahhh bit lazy support waiting mail from them da 4hours :( no reply

Kuttichan
12-17-2008, 06:52 PM
ahhh bit lazy support waiting mail from them da 4hours :( no reply
i believe you are talking about seedhost.eu

if yes, there is a time zone issue and that is the reason for the ticket delay mostly

FallDX
12-17-2008, 09:33 PM
i think that too :( cuz when i weak up find their reply ^^
dam time zone :D

technovert
12-18-2008, 05:35 AM
Hosting-IE:

Terrible!

Very expensive setup times. Took 2 1/2 weeks to deploy the server. Speeds were only about 40Mbit (5MB/s) upload on a "Gbps port". Support is unresponsive, they are very slow to answer tickets. Server randomly rebooted itself a few times. This is by far the worst dedicated host I have ever had the displeasure of using! I will make sure that other people do not make the same mistake I did.

Go with better data centers: Leaseweb, Server.lu, OVH and you'll be very happy.

Do not consider giving hosting-ie 1 of your hard earned dollars.

TechnoMan80
12-19-2008, 03:44 AM
technovert (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/technovert-218397)

m8 it looks like you did f****d up some on your box :). all you say indicates to that, and about support go browse bit deeper this forum m8:)
Support is not free with them, it was told many times.

right now my speed is up to 40 MB if I push it to full

boxer
12-19-2008, 03:57 AM
TechnoMan80

hi is server.lu's user or some like :) never used hosting-ie, :))))

cheers

Mikebhst
12-19-2008, 04:19 AM
I believe hosting-ie just resells keyweb (sorry if it was mentioned earlier here I haven't read through the thread) But I haven't really heard very well from feedback. How ever buying direct from keyweb was a pretty good experience. I received my server in two business days.

As for the seedhost.eu discussion I've had alot of good experiences with them. Fast support atleast for me. And so what if there a little over priced, I would rather pay a little more for better service then cheaper for crap am I right?

mr.Dman
12-19-2008, 01:01 PM
technovert (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/technovert-218397)

m8 it looks like you did f****d up some on your box :). all you say indicates to that, and about support go browse bit deeper this forum m8:)
Support is not free with them, it was told many times.

right now my speed is up to 40 MB if I push it to full

So, TechoMan80 Is the right thing to do to fix this is to bond the network cards. Then maybe the server will not need to rebooted all the time?

Because three out of four of my Ips stop working for a day and then they start back up.
As you can see I'm lost on this.

boxer
12-19-2008, 05:10 PM
yes they are some kind of resellers or branch as they say of keyweb,

But there is a huge difference, read TOS of them and keyweb, keyweb do not allows p2p or filesharing so far, if you buy server you have all chances to get locked for good, in Keyweb is German company and in Germany for 1 single unlicensed mp3 you have all chances to go to prison :) specially if you are EU citizen my friend
In best case server goes down,
no refund no second chance,

with hosting-ie i tis totally different :)

mr.Dman (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/mrdman-175265)
the right think is to ask them to set vlan for you
then flood filter won't lock's your ips , Or go for 1Net card only,
or remove gateway from one of the cards,