PDA

View Full Version : proseedbox?

shaqueem
12-16-2008, 04:54 AM
i just bought an account with proseedbox.com and i was wondering if anyone else has any experience with them. I just submitted my order a few mins ago - now just gotta wait for the setup.

dave00
12-16-2008, 06:32 PM
I'm also with them.

It's not that easy to get in, but if they currently allow public registrations consider yourself lucky :)

Setting up my account took 2 hours, but i guess it really varies, they setup the accounts manually and distribute them amongst servers so users won't slow down each other.

Normally they are invite only, at least they were for a very long time.
Experience? High prices, high end service. Speeds above 200Mbit/sec is common on private trackers. I guess it worths the money, but only if you want something really high speed and unmetered. This is not the usual shared torrentflux thing.

viper151
12-17-2008, 12:00 PM
Really??? Dave or shaqueem or filehoster or reaper01 you are the same guy all registered 17/12/2008 right??
Also Dave how did you know all that when the domain name was registered

Creation Date: 2008-12-13 04:43:12

?? Pretty short period to review them right??

yuvaraaj
12-17-2008, 04:59 PM
are you sure that this is not scam???
joining date of both user is in dec only thats y asking

shizzle420
12-17-2008, 06:30 PM
sounds like a scam 2 me

pplush259
12-17-2008, 06:51 PM
thank god someone wrote before me, i was wondering for 12 hours.. Nice way to promote ur services.. Grow up promoters, dont try fooling people with such insane old school techniques ..

dave00
12-17-2008, 10:13 PM
LOL it's not a scam.

These guys are running their private tracker for a long time, and only sold boxes to members there. Now it's gone public for some reason, and that's all. Dunno why.

( I have zero idea how shaqueem is, i just registered here because I saw his post and wanted to reply )

Sorry no conspiracy haha :)

viper151
12-17-2008, 10:26 PM
The same thing you wrote on wht. :)

dave00
12-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Are you paranoid or something? :) Not that it's a bad thing :)

But please show me some proof that I wrote even a word about proseedbox anywhere. Because I didn't...

dima1236
12-19-2008, 04:02 PM
looks total crap to me , rtorrent with webgui is very nice thing
i only wonder why they have 16*sata 2 drives (on 1 server) but 100gb for user and they say 7-8 users per server , so they actually put alot more and they prmosies are crap , i wouldnt go for it.

aturservice
12-21-2008, 02:58 AM
i personally dont like to look of wtorrent and its harder to setup so i would say torrentflux all the way :D

Also it probably would have been a better idea to do your homework on this seedbox provider before you made a order.

snowski
12-21-2008, 08:02 AM
I like uTorrent WebUI the best, and thanks for your warning guys.

Kermit
01-04-2009, 06:37 PM
So does anyone have an account with proseedbox?? Or do you guys figure it is just a pure scam?? Has anyone else actually ordered from them?

L33cH
01-04-2009, 07:25 PM
hostoffice.hu this is they hosting do you see unlimit traffic and gbit lines?)) try to run they ips proseedbox.com here http://www.all-nettools.com/toolbox/smart-whois.php
100mb lines+traffic limit+lot of money for rent . and the proseedbox.com have thare 2x1000mb lines? how mutch they paying 1000-2000 euro?

pplush259
01-04-2009, 07:55 PM
gotta be kidding i guess, damn how do hosts offers unltd 2gbit stuff boxes for users at 10$ etc.

bboyskidz
01-13-2009, 05:38 AM
I got account here and so did my mate. Its pretty good.. I can post screen shots if you guys want but i get speeds of up to 12mbps which is quite nice.

I got the $9.90p/m plan and it is awesome. Support is good and the owner is good to deal with.

H&K
01-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Just got an account with them and it looks pretty awesome. Down speeds are great but as the peer limit is only 5-15 users i'm getting crappy speeds on what i would normally get great speeds.

I emailed the guy to see if they can increase the limit as i couldn't see any way to do so my end.

EDIT: Just tried another torrent and the speeds are awesome, but only when i connect to a someone else with a server.

EDIT2: Just got an email back and got the peers increased, awesome speeds, very highly recommended.

g0nzal3z
02-27-2009, 11:33 AM
Hello guys, just wanna say i also subscribed and everything was fine until they started having various kind of problems.On

14 of February they posted on the website an announcement that they are moving all the accounts on the new upload link ...

since then no more news, it's like they vanished.No e-mail answer(not like they've answered before), tried g-mail and

yahoo.Since then upload speeds are among 10-50 kb/s Damn X(X(X(

@bboyskidz you actually are satisfied with 12 mbps ???? and I repeat mbps not Mb/s

H&K what speeds are you talking about, more precisely?

H&K
03-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I've had the same problem at the moment. I've a feeling it's run by only a couple of guys so hopefully nothing has happened to them. I got another cheap seedbox for the moment so i don't mind waiting.

Previously i had been getting great speeds, easily a constant 5mb/s up and 8-9mb/s down.

LJ.
03-01-2009, 10:18 PM
I got account here and so did my mate. Its pretty good.. I can post screen shots if you guys want but i get speeds of up to 12mbps which is quite nice.

I got the $9.90p/m plan and it is awesome. Support is good and the owner is good to deal with.

12mbps is nothing lol thats my home connection <3

g0nzal3z
03-02-2009, 10:34 AM
I've had the same problem at the moment. I've a feeling it's run by only a couple of guys so hopefully nothing has happened to them. I got another cheap seedbox for the moment so i don't mind waiting.

Previously i had been getting great speeds, easily a constant 5mb/s up and 8-9mb/s down.

So I am not the only one ... I have the same feeling, a couple of guys that forgot about us :( that's lame I have the cheapest plan 9.99$ and yes the down speed is cool like u said, but the up not so good, and at the moment very crappy X(

And they never answered my e-mails ... that really pissed my off

12mbps is nothing lol thats my home connection <3

Same here, 10 mbps. If I have this home connection, I don't see the point in buying a seedbox that runs slower speeds.And on top of it all, my home connection is cheaper, dohhhh. I don't recomend them at all

korean
03-09-2009, 02:37 AM
anyone have news?

g0nzal3z
03-10-2009, 08:52 AM
I don't think so, but this is really odd ... it's like they vanished

MrOstrich
03-11-2009, 05:32 AM
It really is like they vanished, isn't it? I tried their service and used it for like a week. Got good speeds and was really satisfied, but then they did their 'moving to new provider' gimmick, and I haven't been able to login since.

I'm gonna venture a guess here and say they just took the money and ran.

P.S. Check out torrentbox.tk - look familiar? If you used proseedbox in the past, you'll immediately recognize the layout and content.

Now, it could be that whoever runs torrentbox.tk got lazy and copied the layout of another seedbox provider. But, wouldn't it make sense if whoever ran proseedbox.com abandoned it and started a new website to rip off a new batch of users, but was too lazy to come up with an entirely different layout?

llauqs
03-11-2009, 10:01 AM
I can still login to my account and my ftp is up and working too. I crashed the box though a few weeks ago doing a crc check on a torrent. So although it is there, I can't reboot it and therefore it's useless right now.

But the server is still running, so they can't be completely gone can they?

When it was working I got good speed and prompt replies..now nothing...

eBoy36
04-08-2009, 03:28 AM
what happen to proseedbox used to be good running then suddenly box stop working...email them couple of times w/o any answer and now my box said "down for maintenance"...hope this is right..now ftp stop working...i guess this guys went to hell.

04-10-2009, 02:04 AM
what happen to proseedbox used to be good running then suddenly box stop working...email them couple of times w/o any answer and now my box said "down for maintenance"...hope this is right..now ftp stop working...i guess this guys went to hell.

you rent from?

seedboxhost
04-10-2009, 07:12 PM
that doesnt make sense considering HDD come in all differnt sizes.The smallest sata 2 drive is 80 or is it 160gb?

ducile
04-16-2009, 07:50 AM
80gig sata2 is rather small for torrenting

MATEE100
04-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Try hungarian seedboxes! They're really great,everyone of them has got 1GB/s speed,and they're cheap!

Charger
04-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Try hungarian seedboxes! They're really great,everyone of them has got 1GB/s speed,and they're cheap!

Can you provide links?

MiNiMAL
04-16-2009, 10:45 AM
proseedbox ? O_o - OVH ?