PDA

View Full Version : Christmas suggestion

IdolEyes787
12-16-2008, 01:24 PM
How about for Christmas FST puts a moratorium on trading.

I'm thinking that in keeping with the spirit of the holidays it would be appropriate everything should be freely given or not at all.
Just for the day/week.

I know that's it's very unlikely to happen FST being a business and all but it's a thought.

btw I am not making a moral judgment on trading(okay I am but not contextually).

Artemis
12-16-2008, 01:37 PM
let the flame war commence :whistling

basilhaydens
12-16-2008, 01:49 PM
They should put a moratorium on people bitching about trading as though it really matters. I've traded before and I really don't feel bad about it. Either trades go well and the members are pretty smart and good users who don't cause a problem or the trades go bad and the accounts are caught and banned. Let staff at trackers handle it and stop playing policeman Officer Barbrady.

Swift
12-16-2008, 01:51 PM
delete trade section would be a nice gift

ryan20021982
12-16-2008, 01:57 PM
Not a trader but really who cares, you make it sound like your forced to go in
that section, if you dont want to trade then dont easy as that. Even if you get
rid of the trading section you will still get people trading here. Just deal with it
and quit whining.

Artemis
12-16-2008, 02:04 PM

An interesting poast from an ex trader, now you have switched off your BT rep and got what you want, trading should stop ? :blink:

Swift
12-16-2008, 02:26 PM

An interesting poast from an ex trader, now you have switched off your BT rep and got what you want, trading should stop ? :blink:

yes do you want to blow me now ?

at least I made 1 trade in public rather then beggin' by PM's

apextwin146
12-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Is this where i apply to be a part of the 1337 anti trading fra{p}ternity ..
http://www.republic.co.uk/content/ebiz/republic/resources/images/job_apply_online.gif
@idol - i thght u had risen above all this :huh:

integral
12-16-2008, 02:45 PM
It's a decent idea. Unfortunately, people who don't trade are the minority here, so I doubt anything like that could ever happen. Besides, I doubt most of the staff here care too much about tracker rules.

IdolEyes787
12-16-2008, 02:53 PM
Not a trader but really who cares, you make it sound like your forced to go in
that section, if you dont want to trade then dont easy as that. Even if you get
rid of the trading section you will still get people trading here. Just deal with it
and quit whining.

Good job on totally missing the point.Did I advocate an end to trading at FST?
I've been here long enough to know the lay of the land .
If you took the time Ryan to read my posts you would see that(unlike some people) whatever my personal beliefs may be I have the sense to know that they are indeed only my opinion and so I rarely if ever try to force them on any one else.

My point I guess was for at least one day a year life shouldn't be all about "what's in it for me".If that's whining so be it.

let the flame war commence :whistling

Like I didn't see it coming.:lol:

Is this where i apply to be a part of the 1337 anti trading fra{p}ternity ..
http://www.republic.co.uk/content/ebiz/republic/resources/images/job_apply_online.gif
@idol - i thght u had risen above all this :huh:

Look at my friends list mate .I look at the person not that shite.
Once again if you read my posts I'm against that knee jerk reaction.
Sorry if I made it sound otherwise.

apextwin146
12-16-2008, 03:03 PM
Look at my friends list mate .I look at the person not that shite.
Once again if you read my posts I'm against that knee jerk reaction.
Sorry if I made it sound otherwise.
I dont judge as much as i react ... It has its own flaws .. Maybe i
misunderstood the original post ..

ryan20021982
12-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Good job on totally missing the point.Did I advocate an end to trading at FST?
I've been here long enough to know the lay of the land .
If you took the time Ryan to read my posts you would see that(unlike some people) whatever my personal beliefs may be I have the sense to know that they are indeed only my opinion and so I rarely if ever try to force them on any one else.

My point I guess was for at least one day a year life shouldn't be all about "what's in it for me".If that's whining so be it.

I didnt say you wanted to end trading but I mean come on you think 1 day of not having a trading section will make traders give away the invites instead of trading them??? I am all for giving away invites and not trading but they will just wait till the next day or pm known traders and do it that way, not saying this would be a bad thing just dont see the point in it since it will not change a thing. I'll just pretend the trading section isnt there for 1 day and get the same result. I understand your idea here but just dont see how it would make a difference. Just tired of seeing posts about the trading section from non traders, its so easy to just pretend its not there.

IdolEyes787
12-16-2008, 03:18 PM
Not to sound overly gay(well not more than usual at least)but life is a series of moments,the bad ones don't negate the good ones.

puckface
12-16-2008, 03:32 PM
How about for Christmas FST puts a moratorium on trading.

I'm thinking that in keeping with the spirit of the holidays it would be appropriate everything should be freely given or not at all.
Just for the day/week.

You know, if Christmas meant anything besides greed and spending money you may have a valid argument.

(I wont get into the discussion though of trading vs. giveaways)

cinephilia
12-16-2008, 04:00 PM
it would be more symbolic than useful but why not...

IdolEyes787
12-16-2008, 04:31 PM
You know, if Christmas meant anything besides greed and spending money you may have a valid argument.

Christmas is also about getting drunk and making a fool of yourself.Can we do that at least?

(I wont get into the discussion though of trading vs. giveaways)

Wise manget it?

puckface
12-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Christmas is also about getting drunk and making a fool of yourself.Can we do that at least?

I do that almost everyday, no need for a holiday for me at least. But sure... getting drunk and making a fool of yourself while not trading accounts.

Sounds like a plan.

The Wanderer
12-16-2008, 04:47 PM

So full of... interesting ideas. :rolleyes: :lol:

NA_Magus
12-16-2008, 11:50 PM

So full of... interesting ideas. :rolleyes: :lol:

It'd be funny to see the reactions.

pone44
12-17-2008, 12:00 AM
I will not even bother going there. Most Members know their sites rules. Will end up catching up to them if they frequent that section and offer trades, eventually and hopefully :unsure:

I care not for the trade section. No offense to anyone!

Duckater
12-17-2008, 12:11 AM
Trading and giving away invites/accounts to people you do not know can put a tracker in danger so to me if done wrong both are as bad as one another, but I agree about the fact it is up to tracker staff to police that and not members here or the staff here (unless they staff a site as well)

With not everyone celebrating Christmas do you think that all should not trade when this holiday really means nothing to some cultures??

Detale
12-17-2008, 04:35 AM
Wouldn't stopping trading be more of a lent thing?

Artemis
12-17-2008, 06:12 AM
Wouldn't stopping trading be more of a lent thing?

Only if your a catholic :blink:

pharaoh
12-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Bah Humbug! If sites really wanted to stop trading they would have open sign ups every once in awhile. Just because you got your invite for free doesn't mean your not working for the riaa or a ratio cheater. To say not having open sign up is for security reasons is bullshit. BitmeTv did it not so long ago so why haven't you _________?

acehood
12-18-2008, 12:46 AM
You forget not everyone at FST even celebrates Christmas. Does anyone still remember prophet Muhammad lovers lol?

Artemis
12-18-2008, 09:02 AM
Does anyone still remember prophet Muhammad lovers lol?

Funny thing for a new member to mention....... but oh dear the previously banned scammer is toast again..........see you in your next incarnation :naughty:

IdolEyes787
12-18-2008, 12:11 PM
And they say there's no Santa Claus.:lol:

PlayeR
12-18-2008, 12:37 PM
there is. and his brother is Fred Claus

cinephilia
12-18-2008, 03:07 PM
there is. and his brother is Fred Claus
i thought it was Barbie Claus :pinch:

Duckater
12-18-2008, 07:18 PM
So you think sites should open sign ups once in a while?
OK lets for get security issues of sites and mention some other reasons they do not open the site up

1. Staff time to go thru a lot of new users to weed out previously banned users not to mention cheaters etc
2. Cost of running a larger site increases and there is no garantee that more users will help the site meet these costs.
3. The staff and owners of the site are happy with the way the site is and do not wish to alter the status quo of the site by bringing fresh blood.

I personally am happy with the site I am involved with and the number of users we have :)
So why should we open the sign ups???

IdolEyes787
12-18-2008, 09:05 PM
Trading and giving away invites/accounts to people you do not know can put a tracker in danger so to me if done wrong both are as bad as one another, but I agree about the fact it is up to tracker staff to police that and not members here or the staff here (unless they staff a site as well)

If you are addressing that to me Duckater if you bothered to search my posts you would find that I already said that.Almost word for word in fact.
Didn't think my suggestion could be viewed as policing but if it is my mistake.

With not everyone celebrating Christmas do you think that all should not trade when this holiday really means nothing to some cultures??

It's a statement of good will .Christmas is just a date which convenient ties to it.
Besides saying that Christmas doesn't mean anything to other cultures I hope is not entirely true.I'm neither Muslim nor Jewish but I respect the significance of Ramadan and Yom Kippur nonetheless.
Of course some of the twits here don't seem to respect anything so they will no doubt disagree.

puckface
12-18-2008, 10:22 PM
Of course some of the twits here don't seem to respect anything so they will no doubt disagree.

wankers.

pone44
12-18-2008, 11:24 PM
Would be cool to lock it That day so nobody could offer or bump any trades. :D

Duckater
12-18-2008, 11:39 PM
If you are addressing that to me Duckater if you bothered to search my posts you would find that I already said that.Almost word for word in fact.
Didn't think my suggestion could be viewed as policing but if it is my mistake.

It's a statement of good will .Christmas is just a date which convenient ties to it.
Besides saying that Christmas doesn't mean anything to other cultures I hope is not entirely true.I'm neither Muslim nor Jewish but I respect the significance of Ramadan and Yom Kippur nonetheless.

Not directed at any one just my own views on the matter.
If I direct some thing at some one there name will be mentioned in the post :)

wiseD
12-19-2008, 05:38 PM
Let staff at trackers handle it and stop playing policeman Officer Barbrady.

That's the problem.

People wasting our time, fucking around with accounts and invites that they are entrusted with, then betraying our trust by giving them to total strangers.

Accounts at trackers are not your right, they are a privileged that can be removed very easily at any time.

cadaffi
12-21-2008, 08:15 PM
oke, this is going nowhere... I pass

fatcat69
12-21-2008, 09:57 PM
trading is going to happen no matter what...if anything i think they should let me do a few tricks to catch traders for a day without threatening to ban me.

within minutes i could have all the traders on the board and all their accounts on any tracker disabled ;-)

:lol:

i mean trust me I know spam...but this topic is just wasted spam...you can put spam to good use you know...ask me or Artemis...we can show anyone how to spam :-)

IdolEyes787
12-21-2008, 10:08 PM
i mean trust me I know spam...but this topic is just wasted spam...you can put spam to good use you know...ask me or Artemis...we can show anyone how to spam :-)

I see having been away has done nothing to deflate your ego or your inclination to suck up .

Now that was spam put to good use.:whistling

puckface
12-21-2008, 11:00 PM
:sick:

Important people around here I see.

colbert
12-22-2008, 06:11 AM
No trading for the holidays. I like it!

Cabalo
12-22-2008, 06:36 AM
i've just traded some money in exchange for my father's gift.

Sanka113
12-22-2008, 09:31 AM
It'd be nice if you could filter sections when you click the new post tab. That way you can pretty much not have to deal with seeing trade threads unless you actually seek them.

cinephilia
12-22-2008, 02:36 PM
apparently, your idea doesn't have unanimous support :happy: