PDA

View Full Version : Why do you trade invites?

stoi
12-17-2008, 01:20 PM
Just wondering what is the reason for most people to trade invites.

I am making a poll for this as well.

Just to get into other sites.

because of the WTAW.

to get a buffered account.

the thrill of breaking the rules.

its addictive.

I have made the poll Multiple Choice as well.

bebytza
12-17-2008, 01:22 PM
I trade at the beggining for no reason maybe or to have good tracker;s :)...now i don't want to heard about this...i will not vote this poll because i don't trade:D

jars
12-17-2008, 01:26 PM
I'd never ever ever do a tracker trade but I kinda enjoy reading the threads. If you make friends in the right channels, most stuff eventually comes your way anyway, or it has for me anyway. But if I were to pick a reason on why people trade, it's relatively obvious that the WTAW is the root of the problem.

pharaoh
12-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Simple. For some like myself you give people everything that you work your ass off for, for free. But when you ask for something in return no one gives it to you. I am a person who likes to get what I want, and will do anything necessary to get it. I have about everything I want now. But will even trade to get it. What makes trading so wrong? Hell isn't stealing worse? It's sort of funny the anti traders bitch about traders but they have no problems taking free invites from one. It's like pedophiles hating burgalers. HYPOCRITES!!! Maybe you should take a poll of how many people got into high level trackers by trading. Bet it would be close to the people who were invited for free.

kukushka
12-17-2008, 01:37 PM
basically, when you're nobody, don't know ways, places and rules and don't have almost nothing, trading is the easiest and most logical way to get what you want here and now. capitalism is all around us, to figure out that there is communism invite wise could take some steps to make :)
and then, i think it's obsession that take place.. private bt world can hold different obsessions, so i believe trading is one of them
about wtaw.. wtaw obsession don't limit itself with trading, there are different kinds of mania and perversions around it ;)

basilhaydens
12-17-2008, 01:38 PM
I would trade to get into a site I want, just because I want to. The whole antitrading rule is bull and I've never seen it so strong except at these forums. For example, I traded to get into TT because begging friends who promised an invite when they got one, but never did and just waiting for over a year was just too much for my patience. Hell if I care that there is a rule against it. There is a rule against smoking weed. There is a rule against infringing copyrighted files. It seems that people here like to enforce those rules that they feel compelled to follow just because they would hate to see someone get ahead quickly and possibly insecurely while they wait patiently being the nice guy.

It is not immoral to trade invites and it is rarely insecure, so antitraders, especially those who post in the trading section, get the fuck over it.

stoi
12-17-2008, 01:39 PM
well i will be honest, I never made the poll with regards of the WTAW, I put that in as an afterthought lol

it was more for

the thrill of breaking the rules.

for that one if i am going to be honest about it.

pharaoh
12-17-2008, 01:50 PM
I always thought the WTAW levels were way over rated. Remember it's the rarity of the invite not how good the tracker is. Hell I almost traded my first born for FTWR. But once I was in I found out why the rabbit went down the hole in the first place. We need a tracker thread based on how good the tracker is. Not the rarity of invites to these trackers. Because people actually think all the high level trackers are right for them. Like for instance if you don't have a seed box you won't have your account for long. Are you able to wait 15 mins for it to come out on torrentleech?

jars
12-17-2008, 02:06 PM
I always thought the WTAW levels were way over rated. Remember it's the rarity of the invite not how good the tracker is. Hell I almost traded my first born for FTWR. But once I was in I found out why the rabbit went down the hole in the first place. We need a tracker thread based on how good the tracker is. Not the rarity of invites to these trackers. Because people actually think all the high level trackers are right for them. Like for instance if you don't have a seed box you won't have your account for long. Are you able to wait 15 mins for it to come out on torrentleech?:D:D:D made me laugh, pharaoh. It's true what you say though. If the WTAW was based on content and speed, it'd be a completely different WTAT but it's based on rarity and it's naturally human to desire rarity of some form or another.

pharaoh
12-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Remember: Alot of stuff was rare once that you shouldn't want like aids. Maybe we should put that above where the high level trackers start. LMFAO!!!

Maybe we should make a WTARW (What trackers are really worth) thread. I'll help.

RedRansom
12-17-2008, 03:09 PM
Most ppl think this is the easiest way to get invites...
well, i know someone who got hdbits and sct for a ftn invite(absolutely this was a scam, trader who said i have ftn ,was lying)
Finally there was scam and who invited to hdbits and sct disabled accounts(cuz invite owner said i dont want this user anymore it was all about mistaken or i sent to wrong e-mail address as well lol) and other trackers as well...
look at the trade section 14 years old children trying to scam themselves...
But i saw someone who wanna get hdbits invite on other HD trackers too...
i gave away them bithdtv invites and they used accounts with same username with high buffering so trade is really confusing...
finally i wanna say:
*some ppl trading for scam (and we can see last days a lot of FST new commers both request section and trade )
*and some ppl wanna get what they need...
btw i am not supporting trading,if you're really have a friend you have all over tracker..(think once a friend can help you to join several trackers lol, just joking:p)
you cant call trackers if you bored or have some problems with family(dont say irc :lol: ) ahh i wrote so much...
these were my opinion :)

Unstable1
12-17-2008, 03:13 PM
I dont trade invites. Never needed to. Im an active and well known forum member at a quite large torrent site and get all my invites from people there, people who I trust and who have proven themselves to be good members, like myself.

I would never in a million squillion years get an invite from someone here. No offence to the good people, but this site has such a bad rep for being full of dishonest people.

integral
12-17-2008, 03:18 PM
I'm sure a lot of people trade invites to get into sites quickly, since they don't care about rules, only their own benefit. However, there's also a lot of people who do more unsavory things, such as sell invites/accounts, create duplicate accounts for cheating; it runs the gamut.

The "anti-antitrader" keyboard warriors are quick to tell people to "get over" trading, but try telling that to honest users who are in a banned country on SCC/SCT or some other place. Do you think all these cheaters/traders that get their whole countries banned get into trackers by following the rules and receiving an invite without a trade? Think again. :)

pharaoh
12-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Some sites say in fine print that you can only download this material if you own it? If you don't own it and download it aren't you already breaking a site rule??? But that one's easily overlooked. Just like stealing. Some people here might not see using torrents as stealing something. Hello you are stealing something!!! But it's different right.

Something Else
12-17-2008, 03:27 PM
Maybe we should make a WTARW (What trackers are really worth) thread. I'll help.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-what-trackers-offer-content-speed-pre-time-etc-235742/?

That is it supposedly.

Swift
12-17-2008, 03:33 PM
just to get into other sites

conopida
12-17-2008, 05:01 PM
I did trade to get some traders :P Beware!!!

The Wanderer
12-17-2008, 05:24 PM
to be honest, trading nowadays is kind of obsolete. today the most inaccessible trackers are easy to obtain, if you are member of the right forums or irc channels. I remember how happy and proud I was, when I got my invite to bmtv, almost 2 years ago. everybody envied me. Back then, to have sct was like a dream and ftn was simply a myth.

look how (relative) easy is today to get a bmtv invite or even a ftwr one.

PoorFook
12-17-2008, 05:44 PM
to be honest, trading nowadays is kind of obsolete. today the most inaccessible trackers are easy to obtain, if you are member of the right forums or irc channels. I remember how happy and proud I was, when I got my invite to bmtv, almost 2 years ago. everybody envied me. Back then, to have sct was like a dream and ftn was simply a myth.

look how (relative) easy is today to get a bmtv invite or even a ftwr one.

Right.

thrillerboy
12-17-2008, 05:54 PM
dunno never even tried it.... I can't get whats the fun in giving the buffered account (which we buffered carefully) to someone else and getting his buffered account... :/

pharaoh
12-17-2008, 06:07 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-what-trackers-offer-content-speed-pre-time-etc-235742/?

That is it supposedly.

Thanks. that should be stickied thread.

Something Else
12-17-2008, 06:09 PM

That is it supposedly.

Thanks. that should be stickied thread.

It is stickied. :blink:

yankeezfan1
12-17-2008, 06:36 PM
Ok, message to all prospective traders.
Ex-Trader here.
I tried (never actually did lol) to trade alot of invites, guess what happened? I gots a global ban. Not cool. Yah, so don't trade, not worth it

colbert
12-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Get rid of the WTAW thread. Problem solved.

johhn
12-17-2008, 11:30 PM
never traded and wont do it, best way is to get in some good trackers that offer invites for their power users, legitimate and smooth. as for higher level ones, get to some ppl to start.
p.s. patience is a virtue..........

basilhaydens
12-17-2008, 11:51 PM

LOL no. I and many other people still have some idea what relative rarities tracker invites are.

Again, nothing wrong with trading. Many trades go wrong and end in bans, so why police these forums people? Let the traders do what they want and you do what you want and see who is happy with being on some silly website to steal files.

respawn40
12-18-2008, 12:00 AM

Unfortunately, that wouldn't do much. The rarities are already rooted into people's heads. It's like racism: de jure was done away with a long time ago, but de facto remains; because you can't do anything about it unless you are able to change people's minds. And that's very, very hard.

Annnyyyways, I think people trade simply because they don't have the time and/or patience to obtain membership to their desired sites through invites.

EDIT: Spelling :p

acehood
12-18-2008, 12:02 AM
Where's the "I don't" option?

puckface
12-18-2008, 12:23 AM

Wheres the "Why do you post in a thread asking why you trade if you dont trade" option?

Albo Da Kid
12-18-2008, 12:26 AM
I don't trade but I guess they do it because it's too boring not to.

nthpeter
12-18-2008, 01:06 AM
To get into sites and its addictive :w00t:

Detale
12-18-2008, 01:14 AM

That is it supposedly.

This clearly just states the content of the trackers.

Oh but you did. Bye now

Green Goblin
12-18-2008, 01:18 AM
some ppl when they first come here don't know any better, they get caught up in all the flashing lights, bells and whistles, and think this is the only way they will get what they want, they just need to be shown the correct way to do things.

you need a ------Don't know any better option