PDA

View Full Version : What the best for seed box

OXO
12-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Hi

i will soon have my seed box and i am confuse what operating system i setup so what the better system i setup ( windows 32bit or windows 64bit ) because i do not know what the difference between the two :( ..... i hope any one help :)

xtcstylx
12-18-2008, 10:32 PM
I personally use debian + rtorrent. Its a lot less resource hog and performs very smoothly. I have the kimsufi L, and tried windows but speeds not that great due to the slow hardware. Switched to rtorrent and it's much better.

Pazzini
12-18-2008, 11:11 PM
Same here, Debian FTW, but I use wine + Utorrent. As xtcstylx mentioned you will get shit speeds with windows (dependant on server spec) so its prudent to use/learn Linux.

technovert
12-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Debian + rtorrent here. Works wonderful.

setybrats
12-19-2008, 01:11 AM
Debian and flux here. I pretty good although it does put a strain on box when you run a lot of torrents.

OXO
12-19-2008, 02:09 AM
So what operating system you are advice ??? People .... ;)

and the seed box from this company http://seedhost.eu/seedbox

Sanka113
12-19-2008, 02:31 AM
I guess someone should have specified that Debian IS a linux operating system.

OXO
12-19-2008, 04:17 AM
Guy's any one please tell me which company is good this http://seedhost.eu/seedbox
or this http://seedplace.org.uk/ and what operating system i choose because i do not no anything a bout linux and i know the linux hard to work and all my work on the windows so i hope any one tell me any operating system i must setup in the seed box to work just fine

and if any one know any company accept visa to pay server and with bandwidth unlimited and free setup ...... i need all the help guy's i will be grateful :cool:

apextwin146
12-19-2008, 04:49 AM
Why is it that you r so overly gay in tying ...
Anyways all these seed[Insert STupid Name] sites are resellers of the OVH dedicated Servers ..
Now OVH is OVH.com or OVH.co.uk ..
If u r getting a 100mbit line and illiterate in Linux then i suggest stick to windows(You do know that its 10 Pounds more expensive) ... Windows in not that bad incase of 100mbit lines as they reach pretty much speeds of 9-10mbps ..
I couldnt understand wats written in blue thoug h :/

pplush259
12-19-2008, 05:24 AM
just buy through them if u can spend the 40E odd , they will setup the box with utorrent/rtorrent if u need and ftp etc and u just need to start torrenting , no fuss whatsoever.. Why do u need windows for torrenting when linux setups works better with 100mbps low spec hardware servers

apextwin146
12-19-2008, 05:52 AM
^ I doubt he will be able to manage a Linux box from the looks of it .. Even if u r new to this u need to have some inclination to understand linux .. Maybe if they can create shortcut for every possible thing he can use it

xtcstylx
12-19-2008, 06:17 AM
Follow the sticky guide to setting up the seedbox. Pretty straightforward.

OXO
12-20-2008, 01:28 AM
^ I doubt he will be able to manage a Linux box from the looks of it .. Even if u r new to this u need to have some inclination to understand linux .. Maybe if they can create shortcut for every possible thing he can use it

Thanx for your support :dry:

apextwin146
12-20-2008, 05:19 AM

Thanx for your support :dry:

I think that was ur first correct sentence in English .. Kudos ..