PDA

View Full Version : Extract hardSubs from video files

DeNeDe17
12-20-2008, 03:00 PM
anyone knows how can i extract subs from video files ?
.mkv .avi .wma etc...
i've tried a lots of programs but none worked

trebor31
12-20-2008, 04:57 PM
anyone knows how can i extract subs from video files ?
.mkv .avi .wma etc...
i've tried a lots of programs but none worked
afaik if there hardcoded subs you cant,you could try blurring or cropping them out.

harsha11
12-20-2008, 05:31 PM
if the subs are hrd coded on to the video there is no way u can saperate them.

u can blur the subs part or corp the video till the subs legth ( u will loose mos of the video size :()

DeNeDe17
12-22-2008, 12:24 AM
i want to translate them and put it in another video with better quality
that's why i want to extract :(

stripy
12-22-2008, 08:41 AM
You can extract them using OCR. I've used AVISubDetector for this, but I think the newest SubRip can do this, too. Here's a guide for ASD.
http://www.wxfs.org/guides/HowtoRiptheTimingandEnglishSubsFromanAVIfileUsingAviSubDetector.pdf

DeNeDe17
12-22-2008, 12:40 PM
i've tried SubRip .. but when i want to extract them nothing happens
hope this time will work

DeNeDe17
12-22-2008, 10:47 PM
no results.. :((
how can i insert hardsubs to a .avi .mp4 file ?
i will translate de hardsubs manually and insert them as i translate
how i do the timing etc.. ?

Night0wl
12-22-2008, 10:53 PM
There is a pretty decent program called subtitle workshop. Maybe some others are even easier to use, but I don't know.

stripy
12-23-2008, 07:35 AM
What kind of file do you have as an input. If you have an .avi file, subrip and avisubdetector should work. There is also podpis plugin for virtualdub that can do the job.

If you have some other file, you should use .avs script for loading it into avisubdetector for instance. Open notepad and put the following line in:
DirectShowSource("path to video file(ie. d:\myfiles\video.mp4)", fps=29.97, convertfps=true). Here put the correct fps. Save the file as .avs and open it in avisubdetector or other program. You have to have ffdshow and required splitters installed for this to work.