PDA

View Full Version : Why so many Private trackers or 0-day trackers over the net?

sanjana
12-21-2008, 02:50 PM
I have seen that from past 1-2year lot of Private trackers have just started and it is one of the booming industry now a days...

What is the reason behind this...for so many new trackers keep starting? R people using the bittorrent to share files over the net or it is just they want to have communities to socilize... or it can be other reasons as well.....

I felt like most of the trackers are just trying to copy the other famous trackers just they want to be like them...without putting anything new or something different from the rest....

What do you people think the reason for this growing community...?

vpg8000
12-21-2008, 02:54 PM
Obviously the success of the heavy hitters is attracting all of these copycats. They're hoping that the demand will still be high and that they can prosper just like TL, STC, SCC etc... Little do they now that they will not survive without creativity and imagination.:rolleyes:

spark
12-21-2008, 02:56 PM

The war on Iraq

sheriff 01
12-21-2008, 02:59 PM
Obviously the success of the heavy hitters is attracting all of these copycats. They're hoping that the demand will still be high and that they can prosper just like TL, STC, SCC etc... Little do they now that they will not survive without creativity and imagination.:rolleyes:

I agree, creativity and imagination is the key, why copy someone else's work!
I do not understand why anyone would want to take on the daunting task of starting up yet another tracker anyway.:wacko:

cibu
12-21-2008, 03:30 PM
well for most of my friends who've opened up a private tracker ...the reason was that they wanted to be independent in running a staff and wanted to feel for themselves what's it like to be a staff leader.Anyway after a while they all gave up :lol:...no users active and all that ish...but anyways the main reason is that it's easy and you can be the boss of others just like that.Plus if you make it and have a well known tracker you get lots of respect from others

puckface
12-21-2008, 03:54 PM
People want an easyish way to make money as well as the whole "power" thing.

integral
12-21-2008, 03:54 PM
It's better to have a lot of trackers. There's billions of people on the planet. You think everyone's going to keep using the same 10 trackers? Think again. :)

alcoholik
12-21-2008, 10:07 PM

agree

mrnobody
12-21-2008, 10:47 PM

The war on Iraq

i second that.

pone44
12-22-2008, 11:16 PM
Recession, Gas prices :angry:. :yes:

pentomato
12-22-2008, 11:59 PM

Personally I never liked TL and those so called great trackers, I think it is great that people start their own, TL never has open sign ups anyway, and as somebody said before there are millions of people around, so if the so call great trackers are not going to open, then somebody else will.

Elecktricity
12-23-2008, 12:08 AM
I think anyone that opens thier own tracker has got a pair of big balls.

When you read the news stories on the internet, these admins that run the trackers go down for a very long time when they get caught and I don't know why but that is the burning thought at the back of my mind when I think about starting my own tracker. Because yes I would love to own a tracker myself but when your in the cage with a 10 year sentence hanging over you, all that virtual-rep and running a private secret inviation only torrent sites means fuck all!

pone44
12-23-2008, 12:12 AM
I understand, new sites, some are not necessary. Who knows why others make New sites (some are great as we have seen)..?

Because sharing should not be stopped :P

I hope.. :unsure:

I think anyone that opens thier own tracker has got a pair of big balls.

When you read the news stories on the internet, these admins that run the trackers go down for a very long time when they get caught and I don't know why but that is the burning thought at the back of my mind when I think about starting my own tracker. Because yes I would love to own a tracker myself but when your in the cage with a 10 year sentence hanging over you, all that virtual-rep and running a private secret inviation only torrent sites means fuck all!