PDA

View Full Version : Do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers/Cheaters/Sellers?

Detale
12-22-2008, 11:00 PM
As the question says do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers/Cheaters/Sellers? This hasn't even been discussed between staff yet and is not a possibility ATM. We do NOT share anyone's info here. I am only asking to get a general Idea of what the majority of the members think about this. Don't start with a thread war here OK guys lets act like adults. Just because you vote NO does NOT mean you yourself are a scammer/Cheater/Seller. This is an anonymous poll so no one knows how you voted. I'm going to say this again and still I know someone will miss it

We do NOT share anyone's info here. I am only asking to get a general Idea of what the majority of the members think about this.

sheriff 01
12-22-2008, 11:04 PM
I think if someone is a habitual cheater and is definately not learning from his stupidity then yes i agree with sharing this info but if a member has just cheated once and realizes how stupid his actions are then i think its best not to blacklist that member.

Swift
12-22-2008, 11:05 PM
Of course I agree 100 % I don't have to anything to add

Night0wl
12-22-2008, 11:06 PM
Yes most definitely. Those are the deadly sins of BitTorrenting and should be treated that way.

Global ban on first offense.

stoi
12-22-2008, 11:24 PM
hmm Ok.

Scammers = the other persons fault for trading, learn the hard way.

Sellers = you cant sell on here, so how do you know them

Cheaters = how do you know they cheat, surely thats the tracker, and if the tracker wants a global ban, they contact other trackers, not through here though.

I just dont know how this will help the "War" between FST and the trackers.

I am not very comfortable or have got the time for that matter, that if we get a cheat, to pass the details to the staff off here, i may pass it onto other trackers, because they should probably know, but why does FST have to know?

Sorry, dont see the point, unless i am missing something.

Trading is against the rules of most trackers, FST allows trading, unless you do something abotu that, which you wont in a million years, the animosity is still going to be there, doesnt matter what you dress up a perk like.

th0r
12-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Trading is against the rules of most trackers, FST allows trading, unless you do something abotu that, which you wont in a million years, the animosity is still going to be there, doesnt matter what you dress up a perk like.<3

listen to this man

Barbarossa
12-22-2008, 11:32 PM
Do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers/Cheaters/Sellers?

No I don't. It's not our job to police the bittorrent "community". This is a forum where people come to chat or whatever.

Enforcing their own rules is the job of the trackers in question.

Night0wl
12-22-2008, 11:40 PM
Is it your job to protect them then? Because sometimes it seems that way.

Barbarossa
12-22-2008, 11:42 PM

No it's my job to moderate the posts on this forum and this forum alone.

Funkin'
12-22-2008, 11:45 PM
The ones that are proven to cheat on other trackers? Sure. I think it's ok to give their ip's to other trackers. Only because if they'll cheat on one tracker, what will stop them from cheating on another? So I'm all for that.

As for the scammers. You're talking about the traders that will scam other members out of their invites, right? That I'm a little on the fence about that. They're not doing anything directly towards the tracker(yes, I know that trading is against most trackers rules, and that trading can bring in the wrong type of people into the tracker, but we're talking about scamming...not the actual trading of invites). They're doing something towards a member of the tracker. These are two traders interacting. If one of them gets scammed, then that person definitley has gotten what he deserves.

So for that I really don't know. I would say yes, give their ip's too, just because only douchebags scam others out of their invites. But this would really be the FST staffs call. But for the cheaters, definitely give up their ip's to other trackers(only once they're are proven to have cheated).

Artemis
12-22-2008, 11:46 PM
No I don't. It's not our job to police the bittorrent "community". This is a forum where people come to chat or whatever.

If this was 'just' a forum where people come to chat then there would not be a problem. It is the 'whatever' that is the problem. Cheating is the province of the tracker involved, only they can check the upload stats and check to see whether data is being spoofed, but the scamming and invite selling goes on directly and indirectly here.
The only real threat in the bt world is the banhammer anyway, so sharing IP's and info on repeat offenders who carry on their scams regardless is at least going to worry them. The present situation where the member is banned then he heads off and gets another a/c via proxy only inconveniences the scammer for the month that he is a n00b, wooooo that's a big threat.
I realise that from the forum's point of view that this change of policy would be fatal, it is the trading and bit torrent section which is the busiest section by far of this forum, but the current situation is quite laughable, banning an experienced scammer/invite seller with multiple a/c's via proxy is the equivalent of a smack on the hand with a wet bus ticket.

LJ.
12-22-2008, 11:47 PM
Yes, get those scumbags

integral
12-22-2008, 11:49 PM
Do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers/Cheaters/Sellers?No I don't. It's not our job to police the bittorrent "community". This is a forum where people come to chat or whatever.

Apparently your opinions differ from other moderators here, since a few are trying to make friends with tracker staff and the community as a whole.

If FST would like to be apart of the bittorrent "community," then FST should help rid their own community of scammers/cheaters/sellers, and help BT trackers do the same.

Night0wl
12-22-2008, 11:51 PM

No it's my job to moderate the posts on this forum and this forum alone.

So when people are setting up multiple accounts to collect as many trackers as possible, shouldn't it also be your job to make sure that doesn't happen. It's not like you don't know what's going to happen.

I am staff on another forum (Not BitTorrent related), and when some member intensionally try to screw over or otherwise hurt other members by giving false info etc. I jump in to protect the members by doing whatever i deem necessary.

This approach seems like pretty much the same thing as if I just laughed thinking to myself "Boy, is he/she gonna be screwed, when following that advise."

pentomato
While you are at it, you guys could go to their houses and arrest them, why not? Maybe dead penalty for the cheaters or Guantanamo and water boarding too, yes.
I think someone is getting insane here, so much torrenting is getting to some people's heads.

Barbarossa

If this was 'just' a forum where people come to chat then there would not be a problem. It is the 'whatever' that is the problem. Cheating is the province of the tracker involved, only they can check the upload stats and check to see whether data is being spoofed, but the scamming and invite selling goes on directly and indirectly here.
The only real threat in the bt world is the banhammer anyway, so sharing IP's and info on repeat offenders who carry on their scams regardless is at least going to worry them. The present situation where the member is banned then he heads off and gets another a/c via proxy only inconveniences the scammer for the month that he is a n00b, wooooo that's a big threat.
I realise that from the forum's point of view that this change of policy would be fatal, it is the trading and bit torrent section which is the busiest section by far of this forum, but the current situation is quite laughable, banning an experienced scammer/invite seller with multiple a/c's via proxy is the equivalent of a smack on the hand with a wet bus ticket.

Oh I'd be happy to shut down the trading and invite sections if it were up to me, but it isn't so there you go.

We got along fine without them before, and we'd be fine without them again, but as you say, that's where the majority of the traffic comes from at the moment.

Take them away though, and something else would crop up. It always does...

Polarbear
12-22-2008, 11:56 PM
As the question says do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers...

how do you define scammer and what actions would justify an ip report to tracker staff?

Barbarossa
12-22-2008, 11:57 PM

Apparently your opinions differ from other moderators here, since a few are trying to make friends with tracker staff and the community as a whole.

If FST would like to be apart of the bittorrent "community," then FST should help rid their own community of scammers/cheaters/sellers, and help BT trackers do the same.

Your "community" is flawed because it is an exclusive community rather than an inclusive one. That is why I don't agree with it.

Perversely, that is also why you attract so many scammers/cheaters.

Skiz
12-23-2008, 12:06 AM
Ideally, it would be nice to report them all to the relative trackers, but with the typical trackers attitude regarding FST, I don't do many favors. I try to mind my own (FSTs) business. Besides, scammers use disposable emails and typically have dynamic IPs so there isn't much to do anyhow.

Alien5
12-23-2008, 12:11 AM
I think you should charge them $$$'s for the information, that would really put their nose out of joint. :shifty:

SaviouR
12-23-2008, 12:52 AM
While you are at it, you guys could go to their houses and arrest them, why not? Maybe dead penalty for the cheaters or Guantanamo and water boarding too, yes.
I think someone is getting insane here, so much torrenting is getting to some people's heads.

i couldnt agree more with you , its Hypocrisy at its best . Some are getting insane with 24/7/365 into torrenting and its community(???!!!?) with all the "z0mG-community!!" shiat and i'll-whoop-those-traders-when-i-meet-them-in-real-life" attitude . half of them "act" tough like Rambo in this forum (hey , who cant on the internet ?) hoping they will be noticed by fellow peers thinking they are a messiah or something and eventually get invited to "high l3v3l sitz0r" (to those kind of fools present in abundance here : You aint fooling anyone , your only fooling yourselves) . These fools really need to smell some fresh air outside .

Downloading illegal stuff worth millions of dollars is cool , but if a person trades an invite , he's worse than a rapist in these foolish people's eyes , heh .

Artemis
12-23-2008, 01:01 AM

i couldnt agree more with you , its Hypocrisy at its best . Some are getting insane with 24/7/365 into torrenting and its community(???!!!?) with all the "z0mG-community!!" shiat and i'll-whoop-those-traders-when-i-meet-them-in-real-life" attitude . half of them "act" tough like Rambo in this forum (hey , who cant on the internet ?) hoping they will be noticed by fellow peers thinking they are a messiah or something and eventually get invited to "high l3v3l sitz0r" (to those kind of fools present in abundance here : You aint fooling anyone , your only fooling yourselves) . These fools really need to smell some fresh air outside .

Downloading illegal stuff worth millions of dollars is cool , but if a person trades an invite , he's worse than a rapist in these foolish people's eyes , heh .

A lovely if misguided speech from the rabid, with one obvious flaw............ How on earth does it actually pertain to the thread????????? We are talking here about scamming and invite selling not your personal opinion of others in the bt community. If you have an inferiority complex because you are a trader then maybe it is time to take a look at your own values, but that has zero to do with this topic.

Night0wl
12-23-2008, 01:05 AM

A lovely if misguided speech from the rabid, with one obvious flaw............ How on earth does it actually pertain to the thread????????? We are talking here about scamming and invite selling not your personal opinion of others in the bt community. If you have an inferiority complex because you are a trader then maybe it is time to take a look at your own values, but that has zero to do with this topic.

Maybe he doesn't only trade, but only uses it as defense.

Polarbear
12-23-2008, 01:07 AM
it's not up to fst to decide what are the deadly sins on bittorrent trackers and which one of them are worth to be reported and which aren't. some trackers may think cheating is the worst, others may think giving away/trading/selling accounts compromises their security even more. they probably don't care much if traders scam each other. all this will most likely lead to a ban on the tracker.

as long as there is a trading/invite section, as long as their are hidden report and middlemen sections which main purpose is to support and protect traders, as long as you distinguish between honest and dishonest rule breakers, there won't be any serious consensus or collaboration between fst and bittorrent sites.

this board makes money. money is made with advertisment and advertisment needs members who click and see it. the more members, the more money, very simple.

as long as the invite section is the main attraction of this forum, everything will be done that members can get what they came here for: get invites to bittorrent sites regardless if site rules are broken or not.

traders, sellers, cheaters, scammers, account giveaways - what's the difference?

how can you tolerate and support one form of rule breaking and condemn the other?

trying to play tracker's advocate for what you think are the worst cases is a pathetic attempt of rehabilitation in my opinion.

fst is an independent forum with its own independent rules. it only happens to benefit from a good called tracker invites, which are a product of other sites and their rules. a company can decide wether their stocks are traded at the stock exchange. unfortunately trackers can't.

either fst repects tracker rules or is an open platform with the possibilty to join those sites in every possible way. a public invite forum and private tracker rules will never go hand in hand.

i suggest fst continues, sticks with its own rules and lets the trackers worry about theirs.

happy scamming, trading and cheating.

Artemis
12-23-2008, 01:12 AM
i suggest fst continues, sticks with its own rules and lets the trackers worry about theirs.

you forgot invite selling............... :blink:

puckface
12-23-2008, 01:18 AM

and giveaways...

TrAnCeTaSTiC
12-23-2008, 01:25 AM
If a person chooses to be a douche bag (especially with the sole intent on repeating their stupid actions) then they do not deserve to have their privacy respected. Kick 'em out of every community possible!

Polarbear
12-23-2008, 01:29 AM

and i forgot merry christmas and a happy new year.

and giveaways...

yeah, don't worry. they're almost as bad as you. :console:

puckface
12-23-2008, 01:36 AM
There needs to be a choice made (in this hypothetical situation)

If someone breaks the rules here (scamming, cheating, selling) they should be banned from here yes no doubt. Should they be reported to trackers... no, since they did not break any tracker rules.

or.

Report these people to the trackers for violations of (for lack of a better term) "moral" shortcomings. But, if you do this, you would have to include any and all "moral shortcomings" to the trackers, these being any violations of trackers' rules (trading, selling, giveaways).

Basically, you cant have it both ways. Either be involved with the trackers or don't. There is no middle ground here.

Detale
12-23-2008, 01:44 AM
As the question says do you think FST should share IP's of Scammers...

how do you define scammer and what actions would justify an ip report to tracker staff?
As I said I don't have a set list yet. This is just to get a feeling of what the members want.

Nemrod
12-23-2008, 01:51 AM
Come on! I see this like somebody showing some kind of interest in doing something good.
All those with good intentions, serious traders included, should support something like that.

After a clear an public criteria about who could be included in that list, I canīt see one only reason for not to try it. It would be a first step for approaching trackers and FST. People complain all the time saying that is a safe place for all that fauna and when something is tried we begin with philosophical crap. Who is against to find and eradicate that cancer?, I can only think in themselves.
Although I canīt see clearly how would FST know who is cheater... but the fact is that here we have seen a lot of them unmasked, mostly due to others users and even staff.

Polarbear
12-23-2008, 01:53 AM
As I said I don't have a set list yet. This is just to get a feeling of what the members want.

from my understanding a scammer is a trader that didn't meet the trading partner's demand.
it's somehow an account or invite giveaway, with the difference that one of them is a little pissed because he got nothing in return.

now what are you going to report to the tracker?

"there was this one guy who wasn't like fair and scammed this other guy who broke your rules as well, but you're only getting one ip, cause the other guy broke your rules more honest." :blink:

???

Night0wl
12-23-2008, 01:54 AM
I don't agree in there being no middle ground. I am sure that both members here and tracker staff would appreciate if people who are especially bad aren't welcomed back here when banned from sites.

Also I do think that while tracker staff of course would prefer no trading, just making this small improvement would be a sign of good faith.

Kinda like the lesser of two evils.

now what are you going to report to the tracker?

"there was this one guy who wasn't like fair and scammed this other guy who broke your rules as well, but you're only getting one ip, cause the other guy broke your rules more honest." :blink:

???

Now don't be ridiculous. You know full well that's not how it works.

In that case the only thing needed is the IP of the scammer as sites keep logs. And that IP would just be for proof that this actually took place. Of course the scammed person gets in trouble as well, but that's just an added bonus.

cinephilia
12-23-2008, 02:00 AM
in theory, it would be very useful if FST would share ip of scammers/cheaters/sellers with tracker staff but in practice, it would probably result in many abuses...
FST staff would have one more power and could make a deliberate "mistake" to make someone banned from all his trackers... who knows ? Don't get me wrong, i don't accuse staff, i just think that everything is possible since it's not their job nor their cause. they're not enough close to trackers staff and too much in contrast with them for being 100% trusted. I doubt that tracker staff would check proofs for every cheaters/scammers/sellers reported so it's definitely a matter of trust.

oh and why fst would give scammers ips to tracker staff while they allow them to restart their dishonnest acts with a new account ? :shifty:

Polarbear
12-23-2008, 02:09 AM
In that case the only thing needed is the IP of the scammer as sites keep logs. And that IP would just be for proof that this actually took place. Of course the scammed person gets in trouble as well, but that's just an added bonus.

bingo. and that's exactly the point. reporting a scammer would always mean that the person who got scammed (and traded in the first place) will be known and probably banned as well.

that's why i doubt that this will happen and asked the question what scammers are when included in the poll. :shifty:

did you realise that you automatically have two persons banned (one trader and one scammer) when you report them, detale? i think that would contradict your policy of protecting "innocent" traders that you mentioned recently, wouldn't it? :P

puckface
12-23-2008, 02:11 AM
The reason I say that there is no middle ground is that we all know if you trade you should accept that is dangerous and if you get scammed here there are remedies to report the offending party. This is no business of the trackers at all, unless, like I said you are going to report everything to the trackers.

Even though I have traded before, that I am sure is known, the prevailing sentiment around here is that traders and trading are evil... go ahead and shut it down. if breaking the rules here merits reports to trackers then all rule breaking merits reports. Report all the traders, the givers away, and everyone who post trackers names in public. Im just all for treating ALL the rule breakers equally.

Villalltheway
12-23-2008, 02:39 AM
Totally agree with Stoi and Barbarossa on the first page, its up to trackers to enforce their own rules, this is just forum so only moderating of forum posts should be done by staff here.

Also if this was a practise of fst to share peoples ip addresses, even though u may say its only for Scammers/Cheaters/Sellers, how could people trust the site anymore. For all people know since u are in the practise of sharing IP's why stop at Scammers/Cheaters/Sellers, u may have deals with certain tracks that u will report people who say bad things about their trackers or give negative reviews about them etc.

Dont no if i explained my point that clearly, but in the end it would save a lot of headache by answering no to the question.

Alien5
12-23-2008, 03:08 AM
Yes share the IP'S of Scammers/Cheaters & Sellers only.

The person has to prove they are Site owner and pay at least $50.00

Understand that we are a non-profit organization completely supported by you, the members and that you are donating to help keep the site maintained and running. Every little bit counts. we have to pay our bills every month to keep things going we ask that you make a monetary contribution in whatever denomination you'd like.

mrnobody
12-23-2008, 03:16 AM
I voted no as it is none of your business.

hmm Ok.

Scammers = the other persons fault for trading, learn the hard way.

Sellers = you cant sell on here, so how do you know them

Cheaters = how do you know they cheat, surely thats the tracker, and if the tracker wants a global ban, they contact other trackers, not through here though.

I just dont know how this will help the "War" between FST and the trackers.

I am not very comfortable or have got the time for that matter, that if we get a cheat, to pass the details to the staff off here, i may pass it onto other trackers, because they should probably know, but why does FST have to know?

Sorry, dont see the point, unless i am missing something.

Trading is against the rules of most trackers, FST allows trading, unless you do something abotu that, which you wont in a million years, the animosity is still going to be there, doesnt matter what you dress up a perk like.

well said like always.

Skiz
12-23-2008, 03:25 AM
this board makes money. money is made with advertisment and advertisment needs members who click and see it. the more members, the more money, very simple.

You brought it up so I felt the need to reply. This forum does not turn a profit. Never has.

Alien5
12-23-2008, 03:28 AM

You brought it up so I felt the need to reply. This forum does not turn a profit. Never has.

well i think it should, Those ads don't pay for themselves you know.

Skiz
12-23-2008, 03:37 AM
oh and why fst would give scammers ips to tracker staff while they allow them to restart their dishonnest acts with a new account ? :shifty:

We don't "allow" them to. You would be amazed at how many users we collectively ban on a given day for that very offense. But keep in mind that we do not actively seek these members out. Most often they are discovered by committing further transgressions, or reported by another member.

We aren't a tracker and do not operate like one. Meaning, if we ban a member, we do so and move on. No staffer here has any interest and tracking banned members and holding vendettas to ensure a member doesn't make it back on the board. We try to enjoy the forum just like everyone else. Virtually everyone knows the motions one must go through to safely re-register an account and how simple it is to do so. There are steps we could implement to make that much more difficult, but that is not what we want our forum to become.

You wouldn't remember the old days here and the untold mission of this board, but we have always held true that we would never make changes to the forum that would destroy the basic enjoyability of the board.

There will always be someone out there trying to scam you, whether it be on this forum or in real life. The actions you take when trading are a risk which must be calculated by each member. If you get scammed, report it with proof and we'll ban them and move on. Hopefully the scammed member will move on as well. Lesson learned - Don't trade or use a Middleman.

Sanka113
12-23-2008, 04:06 AM
Like stoi and others I dont think FST needs to maintain the highroad when it comes to how they deal with cheaters, scammers, and sellers.

Cheaters i think are the responsibility of the trackers (since they're the only ones that know if someone is cheating) so if retribution is to be handed down it needs to be instigated by the trackers, not FST.

Scammers, we'll there's always risk when you trade, so if one accepts the risk to trade in the first place, they should assume the risk of getting scammed.

Seller's are basically traders but they trade for good ol fashion money. If you're gonna allow trading of invites, rapidshare accounts, sexual favors and other stuff, then f' it allow them to throw money on the table too.

stoi
12-23-2008, 05:10 AM
I used to get really pissed off with this place, with the traders WTAW etc etc, now i just say fuck it and enjoy FST for what i can make it, a discussion board about bittorrent (and other things).

I came up with the new WTO layout.

But it is not what i was hoping for.

I wanted it to take the place of both the WTO and WTAW as it has the number of invites in the list, does not take a genius to work out what is rare and what is not from that list alone, but the list is not just on rarity.

I also suggested that if you have a Com Rep, you can get 3 or 4 items from that list blanked out, so torrents, peers, seeders leechers if you want, or the ratings.

Both got knocked back. and was accused of getting 1 perk and not being happy with it and wanting even more.

The problem is that i can see is this.

The "We do not care what trackers want" "you get a perk, you are not getting anything more" attitude.

The WTAW and just what it stands for, the ones at the top dont want any tom dick or harry in, they have 1000-3000 members they feel they can trust, they dont want to be top of some list, and the ones at the bottom, are not worth being a member off, because they are just not Elite, but the ones at the bottom, are arguably better trackers than the ones at the top, doesnt make sense.

The Middleman, I know it is there to stop traders scamming each other, but as it is the Bittorrent Mods that are the middlemen, its like you are condoning trading and everything that goes with it, and protecting the traders, which are seen by many trackers, the scum of the bittorrent community, that is not my view, but i know it is of a lot of places.

So not only do you allow the practice of trading and giveaways, you actually protect those that are doing it, instead of letting them just get on with it.

And more importantly, you protect the traders, but you do not protect the trackers at all. Which i believe is the reason, or 1 off, that most trackers hate this place.

But i know nothing will come of this post, and FST is after all FST and does not have to answer to any tracker (I know, I have tried lol), but to me, there must be some middle ground somewhere, well there doesnt have to be, but it would be nice if there was.

and sorry but what Detale is suggesting here, I just cant see the point of, trackers are not stupid, they get info in a lot of ways, if they want someone, they will get them, eventually, with or without the help of FST.

Alien5
12-23-2008, 06:30 AM
The WTAW - look at the ones at the top, they want to be as private as possible. if the ones at the bottom closed invites, stopped signups, went underground then maybe they would be harder to find, rare.

tracker A: openly gives invites away for free everyday.

tracker B: is odd, unusual, hard to find.

tracker B must be worth more even though you haven't used either of them yet.

stoi
12-23-2008, 06:37 AM
Not really sure what you are saying, even if TL went underground, stopped invites, and signups, they still would not get higher than lvl4 because of the amount of members they already have.

But trackers at the bottom do not want to get to the top of that list, because it will kill their trackers, to get to the top you need less than 5,000 members, i would hate to see us go from 30,000 to 5,000 thats for sure.

I do think you missed my point though, the ones at the top do not want to be at the top, and the ones at the bottom, do not want to be at the top, but invariably the ones at the bottom, are shite and you can do what you want there, the ones at the top you have to sell your mother, and once your in respect the rules or else (well if you traded to get in you already broke a rule before you were even a member).

Alien5
12-23-2008, 07:11 AM
if TL went underground...

yes exactly but if they wanted to they could close down or begin a site for vips only, and design it from scratch, it would be rare from day 1 just like the rare trackers you see at the top, they were never huge/open like TL they were always small/hidden/closed.

you say: the ones at the top do not want to be at the top. and the ones at the bottom, do not want to be at the top.

i dont know what they want, i think they should be allowed to have their site removed from the thread if they wanted to though.

The WTAW Thread doesn't really help me, ive read it once or twice, but i made my own mind up, its just some other peoples opinions, everyone has their own favorite sites.

stoi
12-23-2008, 07:26 AM
OK they are small hidden closed, yet they are at the top of a list in a public forum for all to see, i am pretty sure they did not have that in mind when they decided to remain small, hidden, obscure, out of reach for most.

The fact is, the WTAW is there to help traders again, so you dont get people offering a UK-T invite for a TL invite.

But my point is, if both parties need to get in those 2 trackers, then who is saying they cant, or why is it wrong that they want to exchange those 2, all they are is 2 trackers, 1 is not worth any more than the other, so if you allow trading anyway, where is the harm in what they trade, surely its up to them to know what they want, and how they do it, not for a thread to dictate, what you can/can not get for such and such an invite, its only an invite for christ sake.

Alien5
12-23-2008, 07:42 AM
stoi: yet they are at the top of a list in a public forum for all to see...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats where the rarity value lost - the site is no longer rare and falls into the popular Clearance bucket bracket along with your TL's and BS's. :P

maybe they should change the WTAW thread to "its only an invite for christs sake" - IOAIFCS

i agree, nobody should tell anyone else what they can or cant get for any invite, whoever is saying they cant is wrong, Tell them i said so.

I just read the top of the WTAW list stoi:

THIS LIST SHOULD NOT BE TAKEN LITERALLY. :lol:

stoi
12-23-2008, 07:58 AM
1 more thing about the WTAW and then i am going to shut up about it (i think lol)

They may not allow selling on here, which is one of the good things they actually do, but that thread does dictate how much people can get for invites on Ebay etc.

when we were lvl 2, it was about $8 for an invite, we went up to lvl 4 it went up to $160 for an invite, lvl 9 and 10 go for $750+ for an invite.

Now FSt can say till they are blue in the face, that its not their fault, but it is dictated by that thread, whether they like it or not.

Polarbear
12-23-2008, 08:54 AM

you're a nice and honest guy, skizo. with all due respect, this is something i simply do not believe.

the krassensteins aren't known for their non-profit engagment, but appear to be quite successful online businessmen and internet advertisment specialists. i can hardly believe that he runs this forum out of generosity for filesharers.

there's nothing wrong with making profit by the way. i was just claiming that the invite section is the backbone of this forum and its profit.

if you got real insights in the fincancial circumstances of this domain and still tell me this is a non-profit business, i'd tend to believe you and still claim that it would be a failure compared to other projects that the owner is involved in.

Alien5
12-23-2008, 09:00 AM
I wonder if he pays the staff to say that?

the site doesn't make a profit but skizo does.

killercam101
12-23-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't think they should there's enough people to do it for them...THE PUNISHER for 1

xnugx
12-23-2008, 09:27 AM
looooooooooool

FST shouldn't waste the time. The trackers themselves just do mass scam-slamming with country wide IP bans. Sites like BMTV with a huge ban radii are proof that they have a larger impact than FST probably could if they tried. The only reason to do a day like this would be for symbolism, not for functionality.

Swift
12-23-2008, 09:29 AM
yes it's very easy to ban a specific IP range but it's not fair becasuse not all are bad apples

flashback3r
12-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Well, I think yes if you are a 100% certain the user have cheated/selled/scammed...

No innocent ppl should be punished of course

SaviouR
12-23-2008, 10:24 AM

a foolish if not a senseless talk from yours truly to enhance your post count maybe ? maybe open your eyes and read the goddamn thing again . i can understand your Oestrogen levels are very high when anything regarding selling/scamming etc comes as your probably one of those losers who will give speeches on the drop of a hat on these topics and accuse others as a trader . what they(scamming/sellers) do is absolutely wrong (ITS OBVIOUS , everyone knows ...) with regards to the Trackers they are part of , they break trackers rules . Its the lookout of the Staff of the Trackers who do their job in eradicating them (and most of the staffers do a good job at that) unlike hyper people accusing others of inferiority complex and calling them traders . maybe to show public your l33t and have superiority complex or to cover up yourself from trackers as a invite seller ?? see even i accuse you like this , as i said maybe talk some sense next time when u try to increase you post count with senseless crap against fellow members .

When a trader or an invite buyer is getting into this trading/buying business , he probably knows whats in store and there are risks involved and he's basically taking the chance everytime he trades/buys , its common sense . its his decision and if he gets scammed after invite buying/trading then bad luck for him . There are always scammers/invite sellers out there , but the actual people to be blamed are the ones who buy stuff from them . everyone , me , you agree its wrong to scam people , morally very incorrect but defaming him with posting ip's everywhere from FST , even the most of the mods agree its not the best thing to do . We dont have to stoop to their level of Raging against them , there's a difference between them and us .

The offenders should be duly banned from trackers , but as i said in my earlier posts the people with nothing to do and browsing 24/7 a day "seemed" more concerned than the actual staffers themselves like i had pointed out in my earlier post. being an alert user and reporting the concerned user is a different thing , being a psycho and thinking they are worse than rapists and lets hang them! , lets kill them! , show me their ipeez!!!!! is a different thing all together . in Short , we all what those people do is wrong , but hey we aint Staffers . lets have a backseat enjoy the forums , doiwnload stuff , have fun enjoy life and leave the banning to the Staffers of trackers , they do a good job in eradicating the scammers/sellers .

Frankthetank1
12-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Enforcing the rules on other trackers is their responsibility. We all know they look at these forums too. Are we 100 percent certain that someone of the staff here does not already share those IP's. Where do we draw the line? Who makes the decision to give out the info. How do you know the whole story of happened. What happens if you decide to play favorite and give one person but not the next? I disagree with this topic entirely. What should be done is ban the person ip from creating a new account.

Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely.

apextwin146
12-23-2008, 10:38 AM
The offenders should be duly banned from trackers , but as i said in my earlier posts the people with nothing to do and browsing 24/7 a day "seemed" more concerned than the actual staffers themselves like i had pointed out in my earlier post. being an alert user and reporting the concerned user is a different thing , being a psycho and thinking they are worse than rapists and lets hang them! , lets kill them! , show me their ipeez!!!!! is a different thing all together . in Short , we all what those people do is wrong , but hey we aint Staffers . lets have a backseat enjoy the forums , doiwnload stuff , have fun enjoy life and leave the banning to the Staffers of trackers , they do a good job in eradicating the scammers/sellers .
I completely agree .. looking forward to more posts from you in this thread

pentomato
12-23-2008, 10:39 AM
Isn't selling and trading invites against the rules in any tracker?
Well if anyone is as stupid as doing so and get scam, then it is their fault, I don't feel bad for them, the one's been scammed they knew better didn't they?

apextwin146
12-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Well if anyone is as stupid as doing so and get scam, then it is their fault, I don't feel bad for them, the one's been scammed they knew better didn't they?
The question posed here is should their IPs be released not give ur comments abt trading/selling

integral
12-23-2008, 10:42 AM
huge google-translated speech

yeah um that's good and all.

Artemis was correct in saying that you really don't know how to stay on topic. I'm guessing Google Translate is still in Beta, since you can't seem to grasp the idea of the thread: It's about scamming, cheating, and selling, not simply trading accounts/invites. I know it took you about an hour to write that useless rant of yours, so I'll toss you into the same category as people who browse 24/7 and don't do anything else. :)

Reporting an IP of a scammer who is banned to trackers is a simple task. It has nothing to do with "raging." If FST did this, I assure you tracker staff and the BT community as a whole won't look at FST with such a negative look, thus making these forums much more enjoyable.

I don't know why you want to defend traders so much, but this isn't the thread to do it in. If you want another chance to test out Google Translate, make another speech and feel free to make your own thread on the topic of traders, or PM yourself the speech instead; I'm sure that'll have a better reception. This thread is for the betterment of the forums, and it has no room for the likes of a troll who has nothing else to do with the eons of time on his hands, thanks in advance. :D

Artemis
12-23-2008, 10:53 AM

a foolish if not a senseless talk from yours truly to enhance your post count maybe ? maybe open your eyes and read the goddamn thing again . i can understand your Oestrogen levels are very high when anything regarding selling/scamming etc comes as your probably one of those losers who will give speeches on the drop of a hat on these topics and accuse others as a trader . what they(scamming/sellers) do is absolutely wrong (ITS OBVIOUS , everyone knows ...) with regards to the Trackers they are part of , they break trackers rules . Its the lookout of the Staff of the Trackers who do their job in eradicating them (and most of the staffers do a good job at that) unlike hyper people accusing others of inferiority complex and calling them traders . maybe to show public your l33t and have superiority complex or to cover up yourself from trackers as a invite seller ?? see even i accuse you like this , as i said maybe talk some sense next time when u try to increase you post count with senseless crap against fellow members .

When a trader or an invite buyer is getting into this trading/buying business , he probably knows whats in store and there are risks involved and he's basically taking the chance everytime he trades/buys , its common sense . its his decision and if he gets scammed after invite buying/trading then bad luck for him . There are always scammers/invite sellers out there , but the actual people to be blamed are the ones who buy stuff from them . everyone , me , you agree its wrong to scam people , morally very incorrect but defaming him with posting ip's everywhere from FST , even the most of the mods agree its not the best thing to do . We dont have to stoop to their level of Raging against them , there's a difference between them and us .

I do not need to stoop anywhere to increase my post count, your posts are the ones with the wild accusations against others and as such are far more foolish than my own posts ( I'm more than slightly confused by your reference to oestrogen levels too? another poor assumption you made), also you seem to need to lump everyone who does not agree with your own point of view into the general term 'losers' I read your first post quite clearly, it had very little to do with the topic on the original post and went off at a tangent about your own personal rant against others including them believing themselves to be 'messiahs' and only 'fooling themselves'.
In general you seem to have an extremely poor opinion of anyone who does not hold the same views as you. This does not really bode well for your future as a member of a forum where there are a wide range of topics discussed and many different points of view are put forward.
Personally I enjoy learning other points of view, have very little need to term other people 'losers', 'fools','messiahs' or any other epithets that come to mind, I will challenge another person on their point of view and expect a discussion. I merely pointed out that your initial post had very little to do with the actual intention of this thread, and you feel the need to hold forth a tirade on other people and groups that are different to your own views.
I find it very difficult to respect a point of view when the person putting forth that point simply stereotypes other points of view as fools and losers without any real substance to their argument.
By all means carry on though with your slurs against others, you just won't really have an audience that respects your point of view..........

Alien5
12-23-2008, 11:02 AM
SaviouR is a site owner, you can tell by the way he tries to talk down to you.

spark
12-23-2008, 11:27 AM
FST should share IP's of scumbags with the FBI

Frankthetank1
12-23-2008, 11:29 AM
are you all there?

apextwin146
12-23-2008, 11:30 AM
Yeah FBI has just created a BT department to deal with all this .. They are really concerned with the growing number of scammers in the BT community .. There is even news of a New 24 season being made on these scammers/traders/invite sellers .. Its the next big thing after illegal Weapon trading ..

PlayeR
12-23-2008, 11:43 AM
there are some private forums which co-operate with tracker's staffs
they are willing to make tracker's rules as their rules too.

but FST is a public forum and trackers are private ones.
and Like PolarBear has posted, they will never be in the same way.
so let fst sticks to its rules. and let the trackers do its job. the staffs are doing their job very well anyway in catching scammer/cheaters/invite sellers

SaviouR
12-23-2008, 11:50 AM
"Troll with revenge in his mind about the last thread where he stopped posting after making a fool of himself" rant

i was sure you would try a shot at me , when you were speaking about Trading-cultures in countries ??! and were left with nothing to say after everyone went against you . and probably thought you'd have a shot later for revenge in a thread lke this .

Before me visiting a Google translating page , I suggest visit a Psychiatrist or do yoga to calm your empty head or maybe completing your junior school since you fail to understand simple english .

nothing else to do with the eons of time on his hands

say the troll with nearly 1100 posts in 6 months :w00t:

Oh and about Traders defending ??! , i expect a person like you never reading any posts above . oh i forgot , you probably didnt finish your junior school ! so explaining you goes out of the window .

I do not need to stoop anywhere to increase my post count, your posts are the ones with the wild accusations against others and as such are far more foolish than my own posts ( I'm more than slightly confused by your reference to oestrogen levels too? another poor assumption you made), also you seem to need to lump everyone who does not agree with your own point of view into the general term 'losers' I read your first post quite clearly, it had very little to do with the topic on the original post and went off at a tangent about your own personal rant against others including them believing themselves to be 'messiahs' and only 'fooling themselves'.
In general you seem to have an extremely poor opinion of anyone who does not hold the same views as you. This does not really bode well for your future as a member of a forum where there are a wide range of topics discussed and many different points of view are put forward.
Personally I enjoy learning other points of you, have very little need to term other people 'losers', 'fools','messiahs' or any other epithets that come to mind, I will challenge another person on their point of view and expect a discussion, I merely pointed out that your initial post had very little to do with the actual intention of this thread, and you feel the need to hold forth a tirade on other people and groups that are different to your own views.
I find it very difficult to respect a point of view when the person putting forth that point simply stereotypes other points of view as fools and losers without any real substance to their argument.
By all means carry on though with your slurs against others, you just won't really have an audience that respects your point of view..........

i like the way you nicely twist your words Artemis , not many have that art !

your posts are the ones with the wild accusations

oh :unsure:

wait lets see your previous post

you have an inferiority complex because you are a trader then maybe it is time to take a look at your own values

:pinch: You cant expect people to give you utmost respect when your the one starting crap , isnt it ?

Regarding Future topics , whenever i feel like it and what my heart says , i speak . not everyone can speak techincally correct , can twist words and oh-so-pure talk like yours truly . some people do actually speak from their heart .

I find it very difficult to respect a person who starts accusing others of inferiority complex / trader etc and expect other member to behave him with utmost respect .

Oh and about audience , by your talks you seem very self-conscious about "gaining" an audience . As long as i feel about a particular thing , i'll speak irrespective about gaining an audience or not , as i said speak from my heart . looks like your agenda in discussions are gaining audiences rather than actual discussion itself .

SaviouR is a site owner, you can tell by the way he tries to talk down to you.

how did you guess :unsure:

Alien5
12-23-2008, 12:19 PM
1. Your dislike for Artemis who had some good reasons why all users shouldn't be treated as a group, but as individuals.

2. His dislike for you.

3. you called them "Staffers", only staff would call themselves that.

4. Ive been a staffer before so i know a bit about it.

5. I took a wild guess.

SaviouR
12-23-2008, 12:23 PM
1. Your dislike for Artemis

2. His dislike for you.

3. you called them "Staffers", only staff would call themselves that.

4. Ive been a staffer before so i know a bit about it.

5. I took a wild guess.

:w00t: Haai-Fivvve !! :drunk:

cinephilia
12-23-2008, 02:53 PM
more smileys SaviouR, more smileys please.

SaviouR
12-23-2008, 03:00 PM
more smileys SaviouR, more smileys please.

oh sure i will , but only if u open a thread and start begging for free reps as you normally do !

mrnobody
12-23-2008, 03:24 PM
es, get those scumbags 57 57.00%
No, privacy is most important 43 43.00%
Voters: 100. You have already voted on this poll

tie i guess.

a foolish if not a senseless talk from yours truly to enhance your post count maybe ? maybe open your eyes and read the goddamn thing again .

i read your post as well and it does not by ANY mean relate to this thread...i musta be foolish like Artemis :lol:

SaviouR
12-23-2008, 03:45 PM
i read your post as well and it does not by ANY mean relate to this thread...i musta be foolish like Artemis :lol:

check 2nd post , 3rd para to "clarify to SOME people out there" what i said in the earlier post (geez ... i thought you may have atleast READ ....)

and EVEN after this , if your not able to understand anything , only than the last line you described applies appropiately :-

i musta be foolish like Artemis :lol:

oh and even after this some are confused or still have differences , you can gladly PM me about it .

Nemrod
12-23-2008, 03:48 PM
SaviouR, mate, calm down, if you attack the person and not the idea, like you are doing with each and everyone who does not think the same way you do, you lose any trace of reason you could possibly have.
:huh:

SaviouR
12-23-2008, 03:59 PM
SaviouR, mate, calm down, if you attack the person and not the idea, like you are doing with each and everyone who does not think the same way you do, you lose any trace of reason you could possibly have.
:huh:

i appreciate your feedback Nemrod , but i gave my opinion to which Artemis accused of inferiority complex,trader etc etc . i didnt start neither do i have ever have had any intention to start a petty fight with anyone .i was speaking with him , till then of course along the way , a few regular oversmart people do popup , to which i spoke as well .

as i said , i personally do have not have any intentions to argue unless some acts oversmart and for that as i said in my earlier post , i am willing to speak to them in pm if they still have any differences .

snowprince
12-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Truth comes first, and then comes privacy. The IP's should surely be shared, so others. In fact, this sharing of IP's will be a deterrent for these cheaters and scammers, and make them think twice before they do so.

Polarbear
12-23-2008, 04:15 PM
@ saviour.

a little feedback from my side after reading your posts in this thread:

i noticed that you tend to address people on a personal level rather than on a factual level. that made your arguments look weak and insignificant to me. this happens quite often in online discussions but also in real life. i'd wish for you to focus on the topic and not on the person you discuss with. you'll be more convincing this way.

that is the personal impression that i received. you can't change it anymore, because you already wrote what you wrote.

don't justify yourself and take this feedback as a gift. try to change your discussion style in the future.

SaviouR
12-23-2008, 04:22 PM
@ saviour.

a little feedback from my side after reading your posts in this thread:

i noticed that you tend to address people on a personal level rather than on a factual level. that made your arguments look weak and insignificant to me. this happens quite often in online discussions but also in real life. i'd wish for you to focus on the topic and not on the person you discuss with. you'll be more convincing this way.

that is the personal impression that i received. you can't change it anymore, because you already wrote what you wrote.

don't justify yourself and take this feedback as a gift. try to change your discussion style in the future.

Thanks for the genuine feedback PB , i'll take a note of that .

ben99
12-23-2008, 04:25 PM
I said yes, I think FST should do whatever it can to help trackers.

Skiz
12-23-2008, 04:25 PM
It wouldn't be any trouble at all to make it FST without cinephilia. :whistling

This is the second such post I've found you making. If you want to continue trolling the board, you'll be put on moderation or given the proverbial boot. You've been given enough chances - clean it up.
Look at your reaction... my post was sarcastic (maybe i should have put some smileys for you to understand ?) but you feel offended as always.
Seriously, do you realise how much it's fascist to threaten a member for the only reason that he said something you don't like ? Did i broke the rules in any way ? what the heck are you calling "trolling" ? If my post is considered as trolling, i guess 50% of fst members should get an infraction.

Did you already heard about freedom of speech and expression ?

I wasn't offended. Not at all. Those who have been around a while will tell you that I don't get mad or angered about anything.

That being said, your post could have been jocular or legitimate, I don't know. Though to be quite frank, given your past posting trends I would tend to lean towards the comment not being a joke. In any which case, you had to expect a reaction, and you got one; a mild one. Lighten up.

As for the freedom of speech comment, that you do not have. This is not a democratic society. This is an Internet forum with rules and limitations (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/boardrules/) regarding what you are allowed to type and post. If you want to discuss it further, that's fine. I welcome the rough n tumble, but let's keep it to a PM so as not to draw this any further off course.

manbearpig
12-23-2008, 04:29 PM
As much as I hate scammers/traders etc I must say that I completely DIASGREE with the fact that FST should share ips with trackers.. Reasons:

1) Staff of FST can abuse the power (I am not accusing anyone just making a point)

2) It's a invasion of privacy (People can look up your ip and find out your details, facebook profiles etc) And if they are really pissed off they can post the personal info online).. Maybe traders etc deserve that but still if it is proven that a particular person is not really a scammer and was wrongly accused then it will be very bad for him :(

3) It will probably start some hatred against FST. I mean some people will always claim they were wrongly accused, FST hates me so they shared ip etc.. All this means bad publicity for FST..

4) It will make things too complicated for FST... looking up ips, sending them to trackers, verifying the facts, facing some oppostion from those guyz etc etc.. (stupid point I guess)

5) Why should FST care about traders etc... As some people said FST is supposed to be a forum where members can chat and discuss about stuff. They should NOT become teh BT police :)

Now here are some of my suggestions...

1) Maybe delete the trading section. Coz that's where most of the scams etc happen

2) Make FST a more protected forum by making it invite only etc.. Coz the scammers just make new accounts and come here again to do the same stuff :P

3) If you can't delete the trading section. Maybe enforce the rules more strictly. Like madatory use of middleman etc!

BTW I hate MPAA and RIAAA. I don't want to see FST become them.. :)

Cheers

sheriff 01
12-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Why don't we just settle this old school, trace the ip to where they live, and i will volunteer my time to get on a plane and take care of this offender personally.
Of course FST or the tracker would have to reimburse my travel expenses.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Blackbeard
12-23-2008, 04:50 PM
As much as I hate scammers/traders etc I must say that I completely DIASGREE with the fact that FST should share ips with trackers.. Reasons:

1) Staff of FST can abuse the power (I am not accusing anyone just making a point)

2) It's a invasion of privacy (People can look up your ip and find out your details, facebook profiles etc) And if they are really pissed off they can post the personal info online).. Maybe traders etc deserve that but still if it is proven that a particular person is not really a scammer and was wrongly accused then it will be very bad for him :(

3) It will probably start some hatred against FST. I mean some people will always claim they were wrongly accused, FST hates me so they shared ip etc.. All this means bad publicity for FST..

4) It will make things too complicated for FST... looking up ips, sending them to trackers, verifying the facts, facing some oppostion from those guyz etc etc.. (stupid point I guess)

5) Why should FST care about traders etc... As some people said FST is supposed to be a forum where members can chat and discuss about stuff. They should NOT become teh BT police :)

Now here are some of my suggestions...

1) Maybe delete the trading section. Coz that's where most of the scams etc happen

2) Make FST a more protected forum by making it invite only etc.. Coz the scammers just make new accounts and come here again to do the same stuff :P

3) If you can't delete the trading section. Maybe enforce the rules more strictly. Like madatory use of middleman etc!

BTW I hate MPAA and RIAAA. I don't want to see FST become them.. :)

Cheers

I do agree with that, but btw can you search an ip on face book? tho i don't use it, just don't think you can.. :huh:

manbearpig
12-23-2008, 04:55 PM
I mean I know you can trace the location of the user with the help of ip.. after that finding facebook etc profiles is not that hard I think.. :)

pone44
12-23-2008, 04:59 PM
If there is a trading section then i guess no.If there are members-staff that happen to see trades and report it to the other trackers, oh well. Does not concern me.. I Do not care for the trading section, not bitching about it either.

Cheaters here, yes i think their Ip's should get banned..

pentomato
12-23-2008, 05:01 PM
The question posed here is should their IPs be released not give ur comments abt trading/selling

Nothing should be done, stupid people should stop doing what they are not supposed to do period.

Yes Guantanamo Bay, life in jail...

Something Else
12-23-2008, 05:03 PM
I vote that detale shuts the hell up instead of making drama upon drama. :ghey:

Blackbeard
12-23-2008, 05:12 PM

Umm, how do you know that the people trading isn't the fbi?, you never know, also whats the differents in you downloading and reporting traders to fbi?, it's kinda wrong, maybe disable most of their account if you can but it isn't worth reporting to the fbi.

Swift
12-23-2008, 05:14 PM

Umm, how do you know that the people trading isn't the fbi?, you never know, also whats the differents in you downloading and reporting traders to fbi?, it's kinda wrong, maybe disable most of their account if you can but it isn't worth reporting to the fbi.

while your at it make a list and fax it to RIAA

Something Else
12-23-2008, 05:44 PM
I vote that detale shuts the hell up instead of making drama upon drama. :ghey:

What he said.

fatcat69
12-23-2008, 06:14 PM
From a huge anti-trader as myself...

You cannot stop trading, and by giving their ip's out...that will only make them go somewhere else and do it. So that will be just a waste of time by the mods...sure youll catch about 200 initially but everyone will learn and head somewhere else...

DUH.

However, I feel that sellers should be handed over to staff at trackers and cheaters as well, since selling is just f'd up.

Detale
12-23-2008, 08:24 PM
Wow well did this take off like a fire. Apparently there are some strong views here. Again guys this isn't that serious it's just a dumb idea I had yesterday. I guess scammers wouldn't fit in the profile as someone said earlier, I guess I just put them in the same category in my head. When I said cheater I meant Ratio cheater guys :)

Some of you seem this measure would be mainly to help trackers out, although it may, this is not my first intention. It would help FST members in that if the ratio cheaters and sellers were ousted all of your accts would seemingly be safer when you invite someone whatever method you choose to invite them by. How many of you have lost an acct or invites after inviting what seemed like a nice guy then he turns around and screws you, I know I have. Let me say you all need to lighten up a bit can't we just have a decent, respectful, debate without getting all nasty with one an other? FFS everyone take a xanax and a viagra, relax and get laid.