PDA

View Full Version : PTN best bittorrent newcomer 2008

Polarbear
12-23-2008, 04:46 PM
the poll is pretty clear. fst members have voted and i think it's not too early to announce the winner.

best bittorrent newcomer 2008 is PTN. congratulations and a successful 2009.

Something Else
12-23-2008, 04:59 PM
:glagpinch:

HurriGame
12-23-2008, 05:00 PM
congratulations! ptn really diserves this!

LubTheStaringCat
All who are members already knew It's a great tracker, I guess the poll just confirms this.

maddoxro
Where`s the poll ?

Something Else
12-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Too late. The tards have spoken.

invitemaster
12-23-2008, 05:07 PM
yes one of my favorite sites

LubTheStaringCat
12-23-2008, 05:11 PM

Then you have found yourself.:bleh::bleh::bleh:

pone44
12-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Good choice of a site nick??

Throws a flag up already

Familiar from somewhere? :shifty:

yes one of my favorite sites

Yes, it is a great site...

Swift
12-23-2008, 05:13 PM

:lol:

alcoholik
12-23-2008, 05:32 PM
PTN is a really great site and they deserved it!

whip22
12-23-2008, 06:50 PM
uh oh lol

MiNiMAL
12-23-2008, 06:52 PM
Yes, it is a great site...

:yup::yup::yup:

piratebot
12-23-2008, 07:11 PM

LJ.
12-23-2008, 07:33 PM
lllllllink me or dddddie

J-dye
12-23-2008, 07:34 PM
PTN is a really great site and they deserved it!

what ? where ?

Eargasm
12-23-2008, 08:55 PM
Hmmm... such a great site. Although, it did go down for about a month, and when they came back up my account was purged.

So, not the greatest new site IMO.

basilhaydens
12-23-2008, 09:07 PM
Hmmm... such a great site. Although, it did go down for about a month, and when they came back up my account was purged.

So, not the greatest new site IMO.

Same here. How can I Edited by D?

Albo Da Kid
12-23-2008, 09:13 PM
Nice:D. The only site I still love even after it robs me blind in blackjack.

kaiser
12-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Can only agree. One of the greatest sites I'm familiar with :)

Night0wl
12-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Congratz, but have a feeling most who voted for it aren't members of the best new tracker of 2008.

Edit: but then again.. I'm not a member of PTN so can't say for sure.

ricardogaia
12-23-2008, 10:14 PM

Did i see sarcasm :whistling or a banned account from there :D

They deserved it and 2009 will be much better

piratebot
12-23-2008, 11:50 PM
banned? no. disabled for inactivity? probably.

Cabalo
12-24-2008, 12:17 AM
wow, the excitement !
it's official !
a thread with 100 votes or less, LOL !! It represents the users at FST !!!!!!!!!!one!!111!!!ione!!!111

IT'S OFFICIAL GUYS !!! OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED HERE !
make no mistake, i will repeat, it's official.

lol. :mellow:

i believe this thread belongs to the shite forum. Is it possible it can be moved there so we can properly thrash it ?

wakkawakka
12-24-2008, 01:08 AM

Pretty funny when one of your best uploaders stepped down because he thought your tracker was dead. Or when one of you FLS stepped down probably because of his trading history. And your own history at Zeropaid and FST is pretty funny too.

Intr4ns1t
12-24-2008, 01:23 AM
wow, the excitement !
it's official !
a thread with 100 votes or less, LOL !! It represents the users at FST !!!!!!!!!!one!!111!!!ione!!!111

i believe this thread belongs to the shite forum. Is it possible it can be moved there so we can properly thrash it ?

:lol::lol::lol: Really, I LOLed.

puckface
12-24-2008, 01:27 AM

Pretty funny when one of your best uploaders stepped down because he thought your tracker was dead. Or when one of you FLS stepped down probably because of his trading history. And your own history at Zeropaid and FST is pretty funny too.

Laughable... just like the site he is staff at..... actually quite laughable.

Cabalo
12-24-2008, 01:38 AM

oh, he has done a LOT of trading here. a LOT.

I'm still afraid to go play blackjack as i am a gambler. oh, and i have looked and looked at it, and i was feeling lucky :D
besides i can't really afford do that with my miserable UL there, as i'm a very recent member there.

ben99
12-24-2008, 07:00 AM
I'm still afraid to go play blackjack as i am a gambler. oh, and i have looked and looked at it, and i was feeling lucky :D
besides i can't really afford do that with my miserable UL there, as i'm a very recent member there.

ha, I love the blackjack, although it's a shame that members don't play it as often as they used to. :unsure:

hof
12-24-2008, 07:02 AM
where is the poll ? :( Did I miss it ?

PlayeR
12-24-2008, 07:12 AM
yes you missed the poll.

anyway, the site is good. but the search system sucks.
I think they should improve it. it would be great.

Detale
12-24-2008, 07:18 AM
apparently

Funkin'
12-24-2008, 07:20 AM
Yeah, eventhough for a while there the tracker was down more than it was up, I think it still deserved this(whatever this is).

Fight3r
12-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Definitely PTN is one of the most promising PT community (more than a site).
Just keep it going. :D

bentomans
12-24-2008, 08:08 AM
congrats with the site :)

interwebz
12-24-2008, 08:58 AM
good design and a nice site but all this thread showed was where most people from fst had a membership. still a good site though. :)

Intr4ns1t
12-24-2008, 09:14 AM
yes you missed the poll.

anyway, the site is good. but the search system sucks.
I think they should improve it. it would be great.

Would you elaborate a bit if you don't mind? Do you mean effectiveness or usability?

Sanka113
12-24-2008, 09:26 AM
Good for PTN. The staff there really do care about their members and are always looking to improve their tracker. Being voted as best newcomer for this year is well deserved.

Crutavv
12-24-2008, 12:14 PM

:blink: idiot...

integral
12-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Although the credentials of this poll are questionable, it's clear PTN has a lot of supporters. Congratulations on winning this poll, whatever it's worth. :)

PlayeR
12-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Would you elaborate a bit if you don't mind? Do you mean effectiveness or usability?

mmm maybe it falls under effectiveness.
when you type something in the search column, there will be a lot of torrents appear. even if that torrent is not related to what you try to search

tX
12-24-2008, 03:24 PM
/golf clap :dry:

HINT
12-24-2008, 04:01 PM
Actualy I can't say much because I have not been a member of PTN..
Congratualion PTN!

Scavenger
12-25-2008, 03:18 AM
Congrats PTN, and DC and all the team for the work done.

Presto
12-25-2008, 10:47 AM
:|
:|:|
:|:|

mishkins
12-25-2008, 04:43 PM
what is this new amazing site's url??

LJ.
12-25-2008, 06:33 PM
what is this new amazing site's url??

noone is giving it, its so special ohmagawdddddd i cant tell you how

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
12-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Really nice community... Love 'em...

Intr4ns1t
12-25-2008, 07:38 PM
Good mother of mayhem, does no one know how to use google?

nthpeter
12-26-2008, 06:25 PM
Great site.... Too bad im not using it :(

piratebot
12-26-2008, 08:30 PM
if you are not using it, then how the fuck do you know it's a great site?

cinephilia
12-26-2008, 09:56 PM
i was about to ask the same question :happy:

tjbzonasul
12-27-2008, 03:04 AM
well deserved.

DKre8ive1
12-27-2008, 03:45 AM
mmm maybe it falls under effectiveness.
when you type something in the search column, there will be a lot of torrents appear. even if that torrent is not related to what you try to search

Its most likely that you are not selecting the title only option when doing your search. I am not on that site so not sure what source they use or how it works but most TB source sites have this option and by using it should provide a more detailed search.

PlayeR
12-27-2008, 04:08 AM
you mean like ticking the options above the search column?
yeah I didnt tick it. I just typed and enter. but I always do this on every site when searching for torrents. and it's just this site that give unrelated results.

Intr4ns1t
12-27-2008, 04:33 AM
you mean like ticking the options above the search column?
yeah I didnt tick it. I just typed and enter. but I always do this on every site when searching for torrents. and it's just this site that give unrelated results.

We don't have the tick box DKre8ive1 is talking about, at least not enabled, but that'll change in a couple days.

Fight3r
12-27-2008, 08:17 AM
That wouldn't be the problem, u know PTN is improving itself all the way. I believe it'd be fixed soon.

RetroFuturist
12-27-2008, 09:21 AM
I have only tried it out for a couple of days but i already love PTN. Seems like a great community and the design is awesome. There aren't so many movies on the tracker yet but that will probably change soon :) I didn't even know it started this year, I thought it was a bit older :)

KushBlow
12-27-2008, 09:38 AM
Not lots of seeds, but the community is awesome!

helpme
12-27-2008, 12:35 PM
PTN is one of my best sites i have
i use it a lot ,me treasure hunter there :D
so i love this site so much

Cabalo
12-27-2008, 03:48 PM
i almost screwed my account over with the blackjack.
but DC was a charm and his xmas gift allowed me to go back to... gambling!
now i'm on the profit zone!

Issbest
12-27-2008, 04:21 PM
PTN is great! Lots of great packs , old but great. (this makes PTN so special) . I think they deserve !

nthpeter
12-27-2008, 05:27 PM

I am a member of PTN, but I am not using it actually. Is this so impossible? It seems to me that you have a brain but not using it...

yakz091
12-27-2008, 06:36 PM
definitely ptn is one of the best of all times...

cinephilia
12-27-2008, 07:41 PM

I am a member of PTN, but I am not using it actually. Is this so impossible? It seems to me that you have a brain but not using it...
"Great site.... Too bad im not using it" could have meant that you don't have it... try to be more intelligible next time.

Eargasm
12-27-2008, 08:48 PM
I've got to say it's a great site in that it has excellent design and community spirit. Yet it's not the best.

They are plagued with technical issues. They were gone for over a month due to technical problems, and when they came back my account no longer worked (and I was a donor).

To give them credit, one of their staff recently attempted to reinvite me. Yet when I got the invite, I clicked on it, and it said "not found sorry pal :(" - I recall having the same problems the first time I signed up and it wasn't until after spending about 3-4 hours in their chat that someone was able to fix it - but they did work on the problem the whole time.

So spirit they have, but to be honest, it really wasn't worth it. To go through all the effort to get in, then to donate money, then they are gone for over a month, and my account is purged, and then to have to go through all that again... sorry but this is not the quality of the best tracker of the year.

Besides the technical issues, they really do lack in functionality - something I hope they can improve upon. To be more clear here. I believe that any gazelle based tracker is automatically +1 over them do to the more functional frontend. Take passthepopcorn for example, if you search for action comedy, you will find action comedy. So you don't have to know the name of the movie to browse and download. PTN lacks that, and probably always will unless they decide to upgrade to gazelle or do major major coding enhancements to their current frontend ala goem. It is then that I beleive they would be off-da-hook.

Again, the big pros of PTN are that they have a real knack for design, strong spirit, and the community rocks. But technically, they are lacking in both advanced features and basic running knowledge of how to operate a site.

Giorgi
12-27-2008, 10:05 PM
Ok what's PTN stands for? is it pretome?

Intr4ns1t
12-27-2008, 10:19 PM
I've got to say it's a great site in that it has excellent design and community spirit. Yet it's not the best.

They are plagued with technical issues. They were gone for over a month due to technical problems, and when they came back my account no longer worked (and I was a donor).

To give them credit, one of their staff recently attempted to reinvite me. Yet when I got the invite, I clicked on it, and it said "not found sorry pal :(" - I recall having the same problems the first time I signed up and it wasn't until after spending about 3-4 hours in their chat that someone was able to fix it - but they did work on the problem the whole time.

So spirit they have, but to be honest, it really wasn't worth it. To go through all the effort to get in, then to donate money, then they are gone for over a month, and my account is purged, and then to have to go through all that again... sorry but this is not the quality of the best tracker of the year.

Besides the technical issues, they really do lack in functionality - something I hope they can improve upon. To be more clear here. I believe that any gazelle based tracker is automatically +1 over them do to the more functional frontend. Take passthepopcorn for example, if you search for action comedy, you will find action comedy. So you don't have to know the name of the movie to browse and download. PTN lacks that, and probably always will unless they decide to upgrade to gazelle or do major major coding enhancements to their current frontend ala goem. It is then that I beleive they would be off-da-hook.

Again, the big pros of PTN are that they have a real knack for design, strong spirit, and the community rocks. But technically, they are lacking in both advanced features and basic running knowledge of how to operate a site.

Thank you for the constructive criticism Eargasm. It's posts like this that help actually improve sites, not the random "zomg suxxor they banned me blah blah blah what a bunch OF TWATS!!!" type posts that people like to fling around in the bt forums here. It's refreshing to be sure :) And, noted ;)

Cabalo
12-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Ok what's PTN stands for? is it pretome?
here is the link (http://www.google.com)

rainbowman
12-28-2008, 06:22 AM

word.

LeBronJames
12-28-2008, 06:46 PM
I haven't seen too many (if any) people actually comment on the quality of the torrents. If you have a good assortment of trackers (ie. you are an experienced user of private trackers), does PTN offer you anything beyond design and/or community? This is the question that matters most to me.

Take, for example, a poorly designed tracker like leechturk. They have a horrible design, they are foreign, and they banned me for no reason, but nevertheless, they have added something MUCH more to the community. People actually use and enjoy prodji rips. This is what matters. This is what piracy is about. So the sheep will believe what the sheep want to believe, but ...

Popov
12-28-2008, 11:22 PM
wow, the excitement !
it's official !

TRUE !

and then the site is pretty overrated. You can't really call it a tracker either. I mean, there's just a few torrents :/, But they have a good forum. But that's not a reason why they should be mentioned the best torrent-tracker 2008..

yeye, wth, congratulations