PDA

View Full Version : rtorrent runing on Debian

john pal
12-28-2008, 06:54 PM
hello.

Im a noob using rtorrent and linux OS and going to share a server with that software. I have windows on my pc. I have been reading the commands to use rtorrent but until now only used utorrentgui. I know that he dont have wtorrent installed so my experience on ugui isnt helpful .

What Im going to need to install on my home pc to use the box? (don't know but probably only will have access to rtorrent). And What is the basic commands to use the program without screw things up? Any help is appreciated.

thanks and happy new year

trebor31
12-28-2008, 08:06 PM
What Im going to need to install on my home pc to use the box? And What is the basic commands to use the program without screw things up? Any help is appreciated.

thanks and happy new year
YOU will need PUTTY on your home pc to connect to server and use rTorrent,also check HERE (http://libtorrent.rakshasa.no/)for help on how to use it.
Good Luck..

john pal
12-28-2008, 08:34 PM
thanks for the reply. yes I already been on that site and is very helpful. About putty I read somewhere about it. So is the only program needed? well the best thing to me is start using it! cheers

john pal
12-29-2008, 12:59 PM
open

john pal
01-03-2009, 10:15 PM
people I bump my thread to donīt open a new one. The problem is when I complete a large file it takes forever checking the Hash. the rtorrent version is 0.7.9 Is updating the rtorrent version the only solution? thanks once again for the help.

mr.Dman
01-04-2009, 09:42 AM
John Pal,
You need to change the rtorrent config file.
I think it's nano ~rt/.rtorrent.rc
You need to turn off the hash check.
You need to do it in all versions.

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 11:00 AM
people I bump my thread to donīt open a new one. The problem is when I complete a large file it takes forever checking the Hash. the rtorrent version is 0.7.9 Is updating the rtorrent version the only solution? thanks once again for the help.

Yeah it takes a while, I recommend you disable auto-hashing, because 99% of the time the files do complete with no errors.

:)

john pal
01-04-2009, 03:42 PM
thanks for the advices. will do that.