PDA

View Full Version : [REQ] Learning The Bash Shell

222MHz
12-29-2008, 02:59 AM
http://oreilly.com/catalog/covers/1565923472_lrg.jpg

Easynews posting abilities have let me down once again... Could I get a request for this in
a.b.e-book.technical
please.

-buzzz-

rippinitup4fun
12-30-2008, 01:55 AM
Posted it up for you and attached the NZB. Let me know if all is well as this is my first post using the new edition of JbinUp. :yup:

222MHz
12-30-2008, 02:05 AM
Spot on!!!

Well done, thanks a ton!

btw, you might not happen to have anything else on bash laying around?

Par's checked out, the only thing I might suggest is a rar archive next time.. I don't have a problem with zips but rar's seem to be the standard.

Thanks again.. I've been watching for it ALL day, actually like 24 hours.. but that sounds bad.. lol..

Thanks.

-bzzz-

*edit*

I caught them coming in headers I've been watching, but just checked the NZB and it's all good..

Thanks again..

rippinitup4fun
12-30-2008, 02:14 AM
I actually have a few. If you need any or all lee me know and I will post them

Advanced Bash Shell Scripting Guide
Bash Guide For Beginners
Linux Shell Scripting with bash
Bash Cookbok: Solutions and Examples for bash users
O'reilley - Bash quick reference

222MHz
12-30-2008, 02:20 AM
Those are nice.. I'd tar em' up or add then all as a BASH - FLOOD

Thinking about it... If you do it, the flood idea might be a little better, to keep it transparent..

rippinitup4fun
12-30-2008, 02:30 AM
Ya I think a flood would be better that way all are separate and people can grab which one they want...Give me few moments I will post them and attach an nzb.

222MHz
12-30-2008, 02:32 AM
Nice work man.. Month or two to go and I'll be done with easynews..

rippinitup4fun
12-30-2008, 02:54 AM
Thanks a lot and enjoy the books they are great reference material. I know I learned quite bit with just the little collection I have and posted :yup:

222MHz
12-30-2008, 03:02 AM
Thanks!! The Quick.Reference puked with a needed password, but the rest are good to go..

rippinitup4fun
12-30-2008, 03:12 AM
Thanks!! The Quick.Reference puked with a needed password, but the rest are good to go..

Hmmm, i just checked on my end and it unrared fine, must be it crapped out, I will repost real quick.

rippinitup4fun
12-30-2008, 03:23 AM
Ok this one should be good. I completely repacked it.

222MHz
12-30-2008, 03:24 AM
REPOST works..

Thanks.

-bzzz-

rippinitup4fun
12-30-2008, 03:25 AM
REPOST works..

Thanks.

-bzzz-

Excellent, enjoy. This was my first multi upload usually I just up smaller single apps.

222MHz
12-30-2008, 03:27 AM
You do them all from nix? What apps process?

rippinitup4fun
12-30-2008, 03:42 AM
You do them all from nix? What apps process?

Yup from nix, Ubuntu mainly. Using JbinUp to post (if that is what you mean by apps process???)

I am still a somewhat new Linux convert, I finally got rid of windows completely about 7 months or so ago.

222MHz
12-30-2008, 03:56 AM
No I meant creating the NZB and then your client for posting.. I use Pan, Icedove(thunderbird), and SABnzbd is watching ~/Desktop for .zip and .nzbs.. But neither of those will post binaries..

The par'ing is simple enough.. I just looked at JbinUp, any ideas of a command line client?

Debian user here.. And Gentoo from time to time..

rippinitup4fun
12-30-2008, 04:22 AM
No I meant creating the NZB and then your client for posting.. I use Pan, Icedove(thunderbird), and SABnzbd is watching ~/Desktop for .zip and .nzbs.. But neither of those will post binaries..

The par'ing is simple enough.. I just looked at JbinUp, any ideas of a command line client?

Debian user here.. And Gentoo from time to time..

JbinUp up will auto make an nzb after the post is uploaded if you choose it to. The only binary command line poster I know of is 'Newspost'
http://newspost.unixcab.org/

Mainly I use Sabnzbd+ but I also use pan for header grabs from a few smaller groups and JbinUp to post binary. Never really posted just text so no experience with that.

EDIT:
Seeing as you are a Debian user, I think (not 100% sure though) that this tutorial for newspost under Ubuntu will help you get things going somewhat simply.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=691892

222MHz
12-30-2008, 07:01 PM
newspost is available for Etch, nut looks to have been pulled for Lenny.. I'm sure I can figure something out there..

I must say Pan with scoring is spot on.. Remove all the junk in a hurry.

Thanks.

cimithan
12-31-2008, 12:56 PM
you could use newsposter5, its basicly newspost helper bash script.

Newsposter5 will ask a few basic questions and then take your file and post it to the newsgroup of your choice. It will
check the size of the file and if over 15 megs in size it will rar it up and also create the par2 files. Newsposter5
supports posting a bunch of files with the same extension like mp3 files. Redundant information (i.e. your username,password,
newsgroup server) is stored in a config file so that you dont have to keep entering it every time. Newsposter5 also
posts your NFO file along with the binaries. When the posting is over it will move all rar,par2,nfo files to a hidden directory
named .old incase you need to repost missing parts. You can empty this directory when you feel everything is fine.

i use xpn (http://xpn.altervista.org/index-en.html) for text posting.