PDA

View Full Version : former traders

stl
12-29-2008, 03:52 PM
what do u think about former traders? please be correct i know that most all of u are thinking that all traders are morrors and bitches, but it is our opinion. and everyone can has his own opinion. i hope that u living in democraty country so different people can have different points of view for the same thing

but im not talking about traders, i want to know what do u think about former traders as topic title says. i received many pms from the people witch names is not nessary to name here, but they put in their signature or custom title 'former trader' or 'learn from my past - non trader' or summat. so what is the point to contact me for example and ask what do i offer? yes, i can tell u that but it doesnot make u more happy. u can trust me or not who cares.

some of u prolly will say that they want to catch me and then report. so the result for me will permament ban. if u think so then good luck to u, i wont be big fish here if i say that i wasnt banned on any tracker from the start of my trading 'carier'. exept demonoid, but there i was banned for using cheat software lol. it sounds lame but i was needing that at those time

so again, what do u think about former traders? only of em, please dont be stupid and discuss all from the start about trading and how is that bad. for me its fun only

H&K
12-29-2008, 04:20 PM
I love translators.

Anyhow, it completely depends on the person. I've got to know a few people here and on a couple other forums, if they told me they used to be traders and now they aren't it wouldn't bother me whatsoever. But one paragraph or quip in their sig won't change my mind. It's the internet after all, who tells the truth :P

interwebz
12-29-2008, 04:23 PM
i can has former traders?

CaptanAmerica
12-29-2008, 06:28 PM
their sigs and titles are rise to me most of all for cover of the bad deals by pm. not more not less. but if ur smart enuff ull fuck em all :rolleyes::rolleyes:

cinephilia
12-29-2008, 06:31 PM
sig means NOTHING! :mushy:

Der0
12-29-2008, 06:36 PM
There is no such thing as a "former" trader in my oppinion..That`s like u liked chiken and from today u eat only pork but everytime u drive by McDonalds your mouth starts dripping...

FatBob
12-29-2008, 06:53 PM
i have traded before , when i first joined here .. well , it was just a normal thing .. everybody was doing it .. FST allowed it , even ex bt mods used to trade .. so it was not such a big deal .. never really thought about the "other" side of the coin

then again , there was this curiosity thing ..i always thought "high" level trackers had something unique to offer ...and trading was just an easy means to get to that imaginery awesome content ...

then lost interest , just like everything else in life .. sticked to a few trackers i really liked .. and thats it ... its not as complex as some of you think it is ..

maybe it was like growing up in the btworld .or i was just being too lazy to do trading and shit . yes, its something like that ..

CaptanAmerica
12-29-2008, 07:17 PM
also i think that every giveaway u r doing here is long-dated trade. i ddnt see here anyone who is doing only gas w/o requests. even if they havent it here i guess they have it by pm/irc/etc. but there are some exepts from the rule ofc

iEATlilKIDS
12-29-2008, 07:22 PM
a good metaphor for this complex question would be : a gypsy is a gypsy is a gypsy

1000possibleclaws
12-29-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't judge people by these meaningless labels.

Sure there are alot of trader/former trader sketchbags that I wouldn't trust with invites, but then there's a great deal of anti-trader/level whore/suckup douchebags I've known in my time that I would probably moreso not want to help. Whether or not someone has a trading past is their own business in my opinion, and that's not something I'm gonna judge them on unless I know nothing else about them.

Albo Da Kid
12-29-2008, 08:24 PM
a good metaphor for this complex question would be : a gypsy is a gypsy is a gypsy

What's up with you and gypsies?? You keep posting about them in every thread. Did one of them leave your fiance pregnant or something??

And your metaphor doesn't have nothing to do with the thread. Try being funny somewhere else.

CaptanAmerica
12-29-2008, 08:42 PM

http://www.askreamaor.com/images/stupid_poster2.jpg

Cabalo
12-29-2008, 08:46 PM
a former trader is still someone who will never get anything given away here, unless the op is a complete retard.

besides, trading at this forum is a complete risk, as there are many hunters here, acknowledged by the trackers that will even get invites to trade with you what you want, just to get your IP and issue you a general ban. (it does exist, staff communicate a lot more than you could remotely imagine). There are plenty of documented bans of such kind around this forum.
it only needs to happen once, and then you're fucked.

besides with your arrogant attitude, you will be a priority target, as you will soon learn.

for what i've seen here, there's only a guy that i see is taking a lot of caution on his trades, though i still consider him a retard. that guy that doesn't like romanians.

Polarbear
12-29-2008, 08:58 PM
what do u think about former traders? please be correct i know that most all of u are thinking that all traders are morrors and bitches, but it is our opinion. and everyone can has his own opinion. i hope that u living in democraty country so different people can have different points of view for the same thing

but im not talking about traders, i want to know what do u think about former traders as topic title says. i received many pms from the people witch names is not nessary to name here, but they put in their signature or custom title 'former trader' or 'learn from my past - non trader' or summat. so what is the point to contact me for example and ask what do i offer? yes, i can tell u that but it doesnot make u more happy. u can trust me or not who cares.

some of u prolly will say that they want to catch me and then report. so the result for me will permament ban. if u think so then good luck to u, i wont be big fish here if i say that i wasnt banned on any tracker from the start of my trading 'carier'. exept demonoid, but there i was banned for using cheat software lol. it sounds lame but i was needing that at those time

so again, what do u think about former traders? only of em, please dont be stupid and discuss all from the start about trading and how is that bad. for me its fun only

after a few unsuccessful trade attempts you'll see what people think about traders and cheaters.
see you in your next request for the trackers you didn't get by trading.

iEATlilKIDS
12-29-2008, 09:47 PM
CaptanAmerica i assure u that using such vulgar and offensive internet pics will not be tolerated by me. u may get, back on topic now that i have straightened up that rif ruf regarding albo i will choose to ignore u sir

pone44
12-29-2008, 10:04 PM
Myself, never participated in trading but some members-noobs know no better, do not read the sites rules and go straight to the download page and thinking they can just trade their sites away if they think something is better.I have nothing against those who choose to stop trading. I would not trust giving a invite to a trader who now is against trading. Plus all the annoying Pm's-request's sent out or posted begging for invites, After they stopped trading because the sites they had disabled their accounts for trading or cheating??? :blink:

CaptanAmerica
12-29-2008, 10:20 PM
:blink:
i ddnt see that hes now non trader. as i understood he want to know what do u think about members here witch are display by their sigs or titles that they are not traders here but anyway pm him for his offers? if im not right cct me plz :mellow:

sheriff 01
12-29-2008, 11:13 PM
My suggestion to any member here is to do whatever feels right to you because no matter what path you choose to go down, someone will always be there to knock you down. There is absolutely nothing here that you can do without being scrutinized. You can do GA's but then be judged for being btrep whore, you can do requests but be judged for past mistakes, you can do friendly posts but be struck down because some member is in a bad mood, you can even offer helpful threads but then be judged because they think you may want something.
Bottom line here is that no matter what you do here, your f*cked either way.
I have not let this bring me down though, as a matter of fact it has made me
stronger.:01::01::01:

Villalltheway
12-30-2008, 03:26 AM
so wasnt banned on any tracker from the start of my trading 'carier'. exept demonoid, but there i was banned for using cheat software lol. it sounds lame but i was needing that at those time

what kind of idiot needs to cheat on demonoid. 1. ratio means nothing there 2. its probably one of the easiest places to keep a good ratio.

Zaxx
12-30-2008, 04:37 AM
@Sheriff...if this place bothers you that bad then why bother? :huh:

sheriff 01
12-30-2008, 04:48 AM
@Sheriff...if this place bothers you that bad then why bother? :huh:

Because as i have said it has made me stronger and i like a challenge.:gunsmilie

Albo Da Kid
12-30-2008, 04:52 AM
CaptanAmerica i assure u that using such vulgar and offensive internet pics will not be tolerated by me. u may get, back on topic now that i have straightened up that rif ruf regarding albo i will choose to ignore u sir

right... bad move in my part choosing "fiance". By the way you are acting I doubt you have a fiance. you're probably just another 40 year old looser eating chips in your mom's couch while watching Heroes. While you do that do me a favor and think of some better jokes.. and maybe another group of people to make fun off since the gypsy subject is getting old.

I'm Hot
12-30-2008, 05:29 AM
My suggestion to any member here is to do whatever feels right to you because no matter what path you choose to go down, someone will always be there to knock you down. There is absolutely nothing here that you can do without being scrutinized. You can do GA's but then be judged for being btrep whore, you can do requests but be judged for past mistakes, you can do friendly posts but be struck down because some member is in a bad mood, you can even offer helpful threads but then be judged because they think you may want something.

Oh stronger, that's cute. But still you are a bit retarded, you say you can behave here the way you want because that doesn't matter you will always end up fucked but still I can see more than 500 posts done by you here, why does that sounds strange for me?

The only conclusion I can get from your post is that you like to be fucked :mellow:

sheriff 01
12-30-2008, 05:36 AM

Oh stronger, that's cute. But still you are a bit retarded, you say you can behave here the way you want because that doesn't matter you will always end up fucked but still I can see more than 500 posts done by you here, why does that sounds strange for me?

The only conclusion I can get from your post is that you like to be fucked :mellow:

The only reason why that may seem strange to you is that you need to take your head out of your ass and see things for what they are. We are all here to socialize whether it be good or bad.:drunk:

I'm Hot
12-30-2008, 05:46 AM

The only reason why that may seem strange to you is that you need to take your head out of your ass and see things for what they are. We are all here to socialize whether it be good or bad.:drunk:

Are you really that desperate for some friendship that you can even accept FST when you don't like it? Again, sounds weird.

TakeMS
12-30-2008, 05:48 AM

:lol::lol::lol: excelent :clap: :clap: :clap:

sheriff 01
12-30-2008, 05:55 AM
Even though there are many negative things here at FST, the positives outweigh the negatives and for the most part i do enjoy my stay here.:)

takems, your time will come!

TakeMS
12-30-2008, 06:03 AM
Even though there are many negative things here at FST, the positives outweigh the negatives and for the most part i do enjoy my stay here.:)

takems, your time will come!

what i do ? :wacko:

Detale
12-30-2008, 08:31 AM
There is no such thing as a "former" trader in my oppinion..That`s like u liked chiken and from today u eat only pork but everytime u drive by McDonalds your mouth starts dripping...

This analogy is utter pish. I traded at one time long ago, someone gave me a heads up and then I saw that trackers weren't cards to be traded and never did it again. True Story

Swift
12-30-2008, 09:24 AM

This analogy is utter pish. I traded at one time long ago, someone gave me a heads up and then I saw that trackers weren't cards to be traded and never did it again. True Story

same here happend once can check me history and after that I realised it's no use :frusty:

KushBlow
12-30-2008, 10:07 AM
i forgive them :)

stitched
12-30-2008, 10:14 AM
i have traded before , when i first joined here .. well , it was just a normal thing .. everybody was doing it .. .. so it was not such a big deal .. never really thought about the "other" side of the coin

then again , there was this curiosity thing ..i always thought "high" level trackers had something unique to offer ...and trading was just an easy means to get to that imaginery awesome content ...

then lost interest , just like everything else in life .. sticked to a few trackers i really liked .. and thats it ... its not as complex as some of you think it is ..

maybe it was like growing up in the btworld .or i was just being too lazy to do trading and shit . yes, its something like that ..

i feel exactly the same ^^^

i used to think if i can get some invite for free on the internet,i can certainly get that by trade....but then there are some exceptions
and i probably dont need them, that doesnt necessarily mean i dont want them.....

there was an episode in family guy(tv series)
where peter is asked to choose between a boat./yacth and a mystery box
and he chooses the mystery box....
thats exactly how it feels when i trade, except here i am giving my boat for a mystery box, i dont need.

*forgive my punctuations, spelling, grammer etc etc....i am a weak person

KushBlow
12-30-2008, 10:17 AM
Trading is like farting in public...it's not really normal in today's standards, but hey no one can arrest you for it.

:D

cinephilia
12-30-2008, 10:32 AM
Trading is like farting in public...it's not really normal in today's standards, but hey no one can arrest you for it.

what a stupid comparison.

KushBlow
12-30-2008, 10:35 AM
That's what I implied...it's stupid ;)

(well for anti-traders i guess)

Artemis
12-30-2008, 10:59 AM

Farting in public doesn't really harm other people (unless you've just had an absolutely evil curry and fart in an elevator, that is truly cruel), but trading has many negatives. It is (some) traders that also scam, and others sell invites or use ratio cheat mods to gain invites to trade quickly. It is like saying there is good trading and bad trading........? If there was no trading then there would be no scams and invite selling would be greatly reduced.
If you just want to be a torrent site user and grab teh filez then being a trader doesn't have a downside (unless of course you are caught) some trackers just ban the members some share the relevant info with other site staff and suddenly multiple a/cs disappear under a global ban.
If you want, after the initial buzz of having a tracker collection is over, to move on up and be 'trusted' or become a staff member on a site then a trading history counts against you greatly in communities that take this seriously.
Finally there is a glass ceiling to trading, where some sites only allow new users if approved by staff, and they tend to look back into the prospective invitee's past. I know a few who have been very active rather than occasional traders in the past, and now they realise that this past is what is hurting their present.

Funkin'
12-30-2008, 11:22 AM
I have nothing against former traders. If they did this long ago, and haven't traded in quite a while(say six months or more), and has made it quite clear this wouldn't happen again...then who gives a fuck. They obviously made a mistake early on, and have learned from it. I would have no problem bringing a person like this in my invite tree(as long as I liked the person and thought he/she would be a good member).

Artemis
12-30-2008, 01:21 PM
Farting in public doesn't really harm other people (unless you've just had an absolutely evil curry and fart in an elevator, that is truly cruel), but trading.....

If you think trading harms people you must be one delusional dude or too brainwashed or stupid to see wtf is really going on.
Who does it harm? the trackers who are making money or the donation status?
Cmon get a fukin life ffs:frusty:

ahhhh another rational and well thought out argument......... Do you seriously think that hurling insults in anyway strengthens your position when you post ?
Trackers do not make money in fact behind the scenes many pack up their bat & ball and go home because they cannot cover the hardware costs, staff give their time for free and the coders sure don't get paid for the code modifications they do ( I will give an honorable mention to the p2p.net script sellers though, they are trying to make a buck coding).
The essence of my post was that trading is the thin end of the wedge, some of the same people who traders are also the scammers, the cheats and the invite sellers and it is these things which do harm the bit torrent community.
The second part of my post was to do with trust, and this was the point I was trying to make in regards to the thread itself, regarding former traders, and that is that a former trader does have a question mark over them, especially if that person later on wants to staff at a tracker or to join some of the communities where only staff have invites and will investigate any potential new user before allowing them to join.
Your own rather sad 'dream tracker' thread for wheel mods is one of those cases albo, they really are quite happy with the userbase they have and aren't going to respond to any it is my dream threads in any great hurry.

sheriff 01
12-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Artemis how can you know what is going on at all times in the minds of every staff member at wheelmods. You have no clue so why even post those statements?

puckface
12-30-2008, 04:48 PM

Well, there are "former traders" and yes, I am one of them. I didnt quit trading because the group think of 'trading is evil', I stopped because I dont need to trade anymore. Please do not generalize, it makes you sound like an ass.

a former trader is still someone who will never get anything given away here, unless the op is a complete retard.

for what i've seen here, there's only a guy that i see is taking a lot of caution on his trades, though i still consider him a retard. that guy that doesn't like romanians.

Wrong on so many points, maybe youre looking at the wrong retard. Ask anyone here who has ever "given" me an invite how bad of a user I am, since I must be a bad user since Im a "trader". Generalizing again.

Farting in public doesn't really harm other people (unless you've just had an absolutely evil curry and fart in an elevator, that is truly cruel), but trading has many negatives. It is (some) traders that also scam, and others sell invites or use ratio cheat mods to gain invites to trade quickly. It is like saying there is good trading and bad trading........? If there was no trading then there would be no scams and invite selling would be greatly reduced.
If you just want to be a torrent site user and grab teh filez then being a trader doesn't have a downside (unless of course you are caught) some trackers just ban the members some share the relevant info with other site staff and suddenly multiple a/cs disappear under a global ban.
If you want, after the initial buzz of having a tracker collection is over, to move on up and be 'trusted' or become a staff member on a site then a trading history counts against you greatly in communities that take this seriously.

Really, lets step back here, giveaways are much more harmful to the trackers well being. Go look at the giveaway section and see the threads.. giveaways for screeenshots. These people and their screenshots can be anyone, cheaters, assholes, RIAA or what have you. Personally, I think that if someone is trading you an invites, there is less of a chance that they are any of the above. Now Im not saying all people who request are bad or all traders are bad, there are bad people anywhere. Im just saying blaming traders for all the problems is just ignorant and ignores half of the problem.

benficao
12-30-2008, 04:52 PM
im new and a noob, always where and always will be, but......

i could almost bet, that some of the trackers admins, and mods,etc... have trader before!
(look for older, very old, almost forgotten threads, hidden.... theres something there thats proofs they traded! )

Albo Da Kid
12-30-2008, 10:11 PM
If you think trading harms people you must be one delusional dude or too brainwashed or stupid to see wtf is really going on.
Who does it harm? the trackers who are making money or the donation status?
Cmon get a fukin life ffs:frusty:

Trackers do not make money in fact behind the scenes many pack up their bat & ball and go home because they cannot cover the hardware costs, staff give their time for free and the coders sure don't get paid for the code modifications they do

Who lied to you?? I think you should stop hanging out in the Scl irc
and forums so much. All this l33t thinking is getting to your head.
Think w/e you want but the truth is that these summa bit**es are making money left and right.

http://de.pastebin.ca/835038 <<<<Look here if you dont believe me. This guy managed to buy a Lexus frrom running Supertorrents. Imagine what kind of cars the Sct Sysop drives.

sheriff 01
12-30-2008, 10:19 PM
Albo you may be right with your assumptions but i can almost guarantee you that the majority of those sysop's who are driving high end cars are acquiring funds through shady dealings elsewhere. I happen to know many people who are driving high end cars, and there yearly salary on paper is fuck all yet they live like kings. :yup::yup::yup:

Artemis
12-30-2008, 10:33 PM
Trackers do not make money in fact behind the scenes many pack up their bat & ball and go home because they cannot cover the hardware costs, staff give their time for free and the coders sure don't get paid for the code modifications they do

Who lied to you?? I think you should stop hanging out in the Scl irc
and forums so much. All this l33t thinking is getting to your head.
Think w/e you want but the truth is that these summa bit**es are making money left and right.

http://de.pastebin.ca/835038 <<<<Look here if you dont believe me. This guy managed to buy a Lexus frrom running Supertorrents. Imagine what kind of cars the Sct Sysop drives.

Never been near the ScL forums or IRC, I have good friends who run trackers though, and I am more likely to believe them than a two year old story from a disgruntled ex staff member on ST.
The Lexus story though did become such a fable that Deviant still jokes about buying his third Lamborghini, the fact is, that if this were the case why do trackers have a percentage gauge for their donations? And how much do you think that members actually donate ?
Any excess donations over the running costs for the month are put aside, since the donation target is not met every month so the fund helps with shortfall.

Albo Da Kid
12-30-2008, 10:39 PM
ahh you're so naive.. you'll learn though

Artemis
12-30-2008, 11:06 PM

A slippery slope argument that has no substance, name one staff member that you personally know, that receives any kind of renumeration for staffing on a tracker. I have been in filesharing for a very long time, I talk to these people on a regular basis and in no way could I be called naive.....

Albo Da Kid
12-30-2008, 11:15 PM

no way could I be called naive.....

Now that's what I call confidence..:thumbsup: You go dude. you're doing great things. keep it up. make us who don't know no one proud. we look up to you

Detale
12-31-2008, 12:33 AM
Pastebin posts are bullshit, FACT. Anyone can say anything they want and some fools take it as the truth. What was the saying? Hmmmm Oh yeah I remember now

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 12:53 AM
Doesn't matter if that story is real or no. We all know that trackers make money of donations. Especially the ones that sell invites or Gb's for money. Even a blind 15 year old kid who just started torrenting could see that from a mile away.

mrnobody
12-31-2008, 12:58 AM
Artemis tries to put some sense and it gets blown up by absurd posts like that, sad thing.

then people take that as an example and...

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 01:00 AM
Artemis tries to put some sense and it gets blown up by absurd posts like that, sad thing.

Remember it's only absurd when it doesn't make sense

Detale
12-31-2008, 01:01 AM
Isn't it sad. So so sad.:noes:

Funkin'
12-31-2008, 01:30 AM
Shit...if I knew I could get myself a free Lexus or some other really nice expensive car, than I would start up a tracker of my own immediately. :shifty:

Artemis
12-31-2008, 01:30 AM
Doesn't matter if that story is real or no. We all know that trackers make money of donations. Especially the ones that sell invites or Gb's for money. Even a blind 15 year old kid who just started torrenting could see that from a mile away.

Conspiracy theorists of the world unite! you still haven't managed (apart from the antique pastebin post) to back up anything you say, apart from 'we all know' just saying something without any kind of substance or back up is fatuous.
If you are going to debate a point using generalities and saying 'everyone knows' it is only going to make you look ignorant. As I said before ask any staff member you personally know just how much they are raking in, if this was such a huge money spinner why do so many trackers simply fade away ? The list of trackers that could not make their server bills and had to shut up operations is very long .

pro267
12-31-2008, 02:07 AM
To answer the original question, I have nothing against former traders, provided that:

1. They're done trading a long time ago, and have done so out of their own choice, not because they got into all the trackers they wanted to.
2. They've acknowledged their mistakes, and have chosen a new path.
3. They do not hold any accounts obtained by trading.

A former trader that satisfies the above conditions is fine in my eyes, and is just as good a torrenter as a guy who has never traded. I have no quarrel with such a person.

I'll also add that I'm not particularly impressed by anti-trader/non-trader/whatever-trader signatures. It's actions that coun, not words.

cinephilia
12-31-2008, 02:11 AM
I'll also add that I'm not particularly impressed by anti-trader/non-trader/whatever-trader signatures.
you're not even impressed by my sig ? :ermm:

pro267
12-31-2008, 02:13 AM
Actually, your sig is not too bad :smilie4:

Funkin'
12-31-2008, 02:40 AM
I'll also add that I'm not particularly impressed by anti-trader/non-trader/whatever-trader signatures. It's actions that coun, not words.

Agreed. Anyone that has "Non Trader" or "Anti Trader" in their sig or user title I won't even consider for an invite if they make a request. To me that is just really lame and they're obvisouly putting that in their sig or user title primarily to increase their chance of getting invites...in my opinion.

And of course cinephilia this not meant towards you since I know your sig is a joke. :P

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 03:42 AM

Conspiracy theorists of the world unite! you still haven't managed (apart from the antique pastebin post) to back up anything you say, apart from 'we all know' just saying something without any kind of substance or back up is fatuous.
If you are going to debate a point using generalities and saying 'everyone knows' it is only going to make you look ignorant. As I said before ask any staff member you personally know just how much they are raking in, if this was such a huge money spinner why do so many trackers simply fade away ? The list of trackers that could not make their server bills and had to shut up operations is very long .

Im going to ask you once again. Who lied to you?
Do me a favor. Quit wasting your time on trying to make a point
and do what you do best. Report users for being "hostile"

Detale
12-31-2008, 04:27 AM
For the record that was my call no one reported you ;)

Artemis
12-31-2008, 04:39 AM

Im going to ask you once again. Who lied to you?
Do me a favor. Quit wasting your time on trying to make a point
and do what you do best. Report users for being "hostile"

You just keep digging that hole deeper don't you ? The point I am trying to make is that you are living in a fantasy, I have asked you to support your accusations and you come back with throw away lines like 'everyone knows' and your latest one 'quit wasting your time'. I have no need to report you as hostile, in order to do that I would need to find you a threat, which I don't, your debating skills are extremely weak, and your facts are mere bravado so as long as you feel the need to put forward this fatuous point of view 'that everyone knows' I will continue to call you on it.
There is no malice intended, but you do need to stop listening to conspiracy theories and maybe ask people in the community who are staff, there is no mythical pot of gold and as I said more fail than survive due to being unable to maintain their server costs.

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 04:56 AM
I seriously can't get through one of your posts without turning my head away because it's too predictable. The reason I am not "supporting my accusations" is because I am done trying to convince you how things work. You remind me of an ugly broad in my school who believed everything they told her. I knew nerds that scored with her just because they told her she was good looking and made her feel good about herself. Same case with you. You believe everything your e-"friends" tell you just because they are on a higher level than you. Slow down a little bit. See things for what they are. Look at sct for example. If you don't believe that they make tons of money then you're in this convo just to win the debate. which is very lame imo. Get off the couch and go find one of those ugly girls i was telling you about instead of sitting here all day trying to make me read another one of your dull posts.

Peace:dog:

Edit: And stop SNITCHING

Artemis
12-31-2008, 05:23 AM
I will say it again, how on earth do you think that insulting others in any way strengthens your case? You are simply showing your own ignorance and all the fat chick analogies in the world will not help that, say something more substantial in your posts than 'everyone knows' and maybe you will have an audience, lower yourself and simply insult others who have a different point of view and you will gain no respect........

bumrocks
12-31-2008, 06:30 AM
I seriously can't get through one of your posts without turning my head away because it's too predictable. The reason I am not "supporting my accusations" is because I am done trying to convince you how things work. You remind me of an ugly broad in my school who believed everything they told her. I knew nerds that scored with her just because they told her she was good looking and made her feel good about herself. Same case with you. You believe everything your e-"friends" tell you just because they are on a higher level than you. Slow down a little bit. See things for what they are. Look at sct for example. If you don't believe that they make tons of money then you're in this convo just to win the debate. which is very lame imo. Get off the couch and go find one of those ugly girls i was telling you about instead of sitting here all day trying to make me read another one of your dull posts.

Peace:dog:

Edit: And stop SNITCHING

As it has been said...You have never backed up one thing you have said. Except with bs and an old pb doc. Not to mention, you keep referring to ScT and only ScT BUT you say that all or most sites are this way. You truly don't know shit, do you?

I may not know as many people as Art but I know quite a few. I have only been told of one site that has/had an owner that seriously abused the donation system. And that was/is at ff. Seriously abused in the fact that they were pocketing lots of money...And I was told by an ex-member of staff there who now staffs elsewhere.

Damn we are off topic...

So on topic...If I look at your history and can see that you did it when you first joined and out of ignorance...Then I forgive. As long as it was a quick change and 6+ months have passed.

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 07:05 AM
I said most trackers out there meaning (revott, tl, sct bitmetv etcc ) make lots of money due to donations. When I say most trackers I don't mean begginer trackers like br ifi, etc. But if you had two ounces of brain and you would katch my drift and i wouldn't have to be writing this right now.
What do you want me to back up?? BitmeTv's Credit Donations where they charge money for each GB given?? That doesn't sound bad because you have a choise to donate or not. But what happens when your upload speed sucks and you don't have enough time to spend on forming a good ratio?? You are forced to donate in order to keep your account.
What about revott who spams your inbox asking you to donate every day or so?? What about Sct who charges 20 Euro for an invite and vip statuss? Say sct sells 300 invites a month. That's 6000 a month just from invites. What about the users that donate for upload credit???

^^ All this is logic so if you guys used your brains instead of your testosterone. You would have seen this a long time ago. Im done waisting time with lowlife subjects trying to prove to you guys that trackers do make profit. This is fu*cking with my patience. Figure it out on your own and while you're doing that have a reality check also.

pone44
12-31-2008, 07:45 AM
Money and profit is a little off topic. As it has nothing to do with the opinion on members who engage in trading or used to.

Detale
12-31-2008, 08:01 AM
I said most trackers out there meaning (revott, tl, sct bitmetv etcc ) make lots of money due to donations. When I say most trackers I don't mean begginer trackers like br ifi, etc. But if you had two ounces of brain and you would katch my drift and i wouldn't have to be writing this right now.
What do you want me to back up?? BitmeTv's Credit Donations where they charge money for each GB given?? That doesn't sound bad because you have a choise to donate or not. But what happens when your upload speed sucks and you don't have enough time to spend on forming a good ratio?? You are forced to donate in order to keep your account.
What about revott who spams your inbox asking you to donate every day or so?? What about Sct who charges 20 Euro for an invite and vip statuss? Say sct sells 300 invites a month. That's 6000 a month just from invites. What about the users that donate for upload credit???

^^ All this is logic so if you guys used your brains instead of your testosterone. You would have seen this a long time ago. Im done waisting time with lowlife subjects trying to prove to you guys that trackers do make profit. This is fu*cking with my patience. Figure it out on your own and while you're doing that have a reality check also.
Pone is right it's not the topic nor do you have any fact to prove it only your so called "logic".

Swift
12-31-2008, 09:12 AM
ALL USERS HAVE TRADED !! so stfu .. and don't come here and post that your a saint !

Polarbear
12-31-2008, 09:23 AM
ALL USERS HAVE TRADED !!

wrong. i've never made a single trade and i know many users here who haven't as well.

Detale
12-31-2008, 09:29 AM
ALL USERS HAVE TRADED !! so stfu .. and don't come here and post that your a saint !

No they haven't. As I have said I did at one point but many many people here have not.

Swift
12-31-2008, 10:08 AM

No they haven't. As I have said I did at one point but many many people here have not.

I wouldn't put my hand in a fire for noone :whistling

I traded once and it was here :frusty:

Artemis
12-31-2008, 10:32 AM

Your kidding aren't you ? Do you seriously believe everyone trades ? There is absolutely no need to trade if you make a group of friends and become known by simply becoming part of the tracker communities. Feel free to check my post history, I am not a saint, I spam with the best of them yet there has never been a time when I felt the need or urge to trade.

Swift
12-31-2008, 10:43 AM

Your kidding aren't you ? Do you seriously believe everyone trades ? There is absolutely no need to trade if you make a group of friends and become known by simply becoming part of the tracker communities. Feel free to check my post history, I am not a saint, I spam with the best of them yet there has never been a time when I felt the need or urge to trade.

probably , I regret trading thats it now maybe you did trade something in your hole life :D

cinephilia
12-31-2008, 05:53 PM
Well, at my beginnings in private torrenting, i knew nothing about the way to get invited in private trackers that would fit my needs, so after signing up into 1 or 2 open trackers, i decided to search more infos about those obscures torrentsites.
So i typed something like "invite torrent" on google and i found a forum (not fst) dedicated to invite exchanges/giveaways. All i can say is that the giveaway section was closed for newcomers, and for me, it seemed to be a kind of "elite section" where people who have contributed in many ways to the forum could offer their invite for free.
So naturally, i lurked a bit in the trading section (the only one i could access to) and i also registered in several forums to try to understand how those forums were working, what was the best way to get invited and not to be taken as a noob nor a freeloader etc..
Let me tell you that trading was quite obviously the trend at this time and i really think that it was the only way for a begginer to get some invites.
Nevertheless, unlike Tudor, i don't regret the few trades i've done in the past cause i made all of them in a good spirit. For example, when i was proposing some cinema-obscura invites, i always put some informations about content and added that if the person was not interested by non-mainstream films, there was no need to contact me as i wouldn't trade with him.
Actually, i wanted it both ways: the tracker i was wishing for and not to waste my invites with "bad apples"... but i quickly understood that the major part of the users contacting me via pm were fucking retarded teenagers only motivated by levels or collecting trackers. How come those illiterate wanted an invite to KG or CO ?
Well, i've done maybe 2 or 3 trades and i finally discover the famous GA section and then, i heard about other forums and so on...
So in some way, i'm a former trader but i do not regret the way i used to trade invites as i did it in a good spirit and also because i thought it was the only way to get invites.

Just to say that for quite some time, many things have changed. Nowadays, many bt related forums are focused on giveaways and warn against trading.
Now, it's quite easy for newcomers to find their place in a forum and get what they need without having to make too much efforts. Lot of bt users are kind enough to help and introduce them to torrenting, to explain them why trading is not in the p2p spirit etc... so yes, i have no pity for all those beggars, hard traders and collectors who abuse of non-traders in the GA section in the intention to collect or trade invites they've been given. Don't get me wrong, i don't hate them (well, i hate some of them lol) but i think it's a good initiative to prevent people from them in giveaways.

BlackBird_
12-31-2008, 06:24 PM
ALL USERS HAVE TRADED !!

No no, wrong :noes:

I haven't traded and I'm a member of some trackers who supply all my "needs" today.

And I have no problems with ex-traders, as long as they remain this way.

benficao
12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
anyone, with some history on torrenting, in the last 4 years have traded!!!

laughs, even at ************* they trade thru the pmīs, its a well known fact!!!!

just put it out , dont be pussies, everyone has traded!!! even thoese super cool admins out there used to trade before!!!!

so sftu all of u hipocratic jerks.

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 06:41 PM
If you didn't have no one at the beggining of your torrent experience(like me) to invite you in or to teach you a few things about private trackers, then you most likely have traded or scammed to get in. I admit that my first account was a scam. I had no choice. No one in the torrentfreakForums would look at me unless i had something to trade, so i just had to take what i wanted. After that i dint need to scam or trade anymore because i found fst and discovered about the ga section

Edit::lol:lol I feel like a slut^^...... >>> "why do you act that way"??? - I have no choice. He wont even look at me.. omg!!

BlackBird_
12-31-2008, 07:26 PM

laughs, even at ************* they trade thru the pmīs, its a well known fact!!!!

just put it out , dont be pussies, everyone has traded!!! even thoese super cool admins out there used to trade before!!!!

Say it for yourself, i'm saying that i've never traded, believe or not, I don't care.

My first private tracker was SCC, and I was invited by a member of a private forum from my country. That time thought TL was the king of the hill, and TL's invite wasn't so hard to get...

IMO everything depends on whether you're in the right place at right time... if you make some friends, you will never need to trade.

bumrocks
12-31-2008, 07:47 PM

Classic example of an idiot...The worst kind too...An idiot that thinks he is smart...

integral
12-31-2008, 08:04 PM
to be honest, "former traders" are nowhere near as bad as some of the "good" people who constantly spam tracker forums trying to be "active in the community" and kiss up to staff on IRCs just to climb a ladder that doesn't really exists. you know, the tracker whores.

benficao
12-31-2008, 08:09 PM
If you didn't have no one at the beggining of your torrent experience(like me) to invite you in or to teach you a few things about private trackers, then you most likely have traded or scammed to get in. I admit that my first account was a scam. I had no choice. No one in the torrentfreakForums would look at me unless i had something to trade, so i just had to take what i wanted. After that i dint need to scam or trade anymore because i found fst and discovered about the ga section

Edit::lol:lol I feel like a slut^^...... >>> "why do you act that way"??? - I have no choice. He wont even look at me.. omg!!

Llllllllllllllooooooolllllllllllllllll my fistr account was a scam.... u said it!!!! lllllllooooolllll at least u say the thruth man, these other like bum are just angels 15year old pimple angels .lolololol

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 08:18 PM
I'm proud of it to tell you the truth, rather than shamed by it. Not every noob out there can pull off a scam as good as I did. It was pretty swift. But ofcourse it wasn't right lol

Sylar666
12-31-2008, 08:31 PM
This thread is an overkill. Why not stop calling each other names and labels? This is really ever boring. Time to move on and quit this meaningless, pseudo - debate.
Happy New Year Everybody!

puckface
12-31-2008, 08:40 PM
This thread is an overkill. Why not stop calling each other names and labels? This is really ever boring. Time to move on and quit this meaningless, pseudo - debate.
Happy New Year Everybody!

Happy New Year to you.

dragoi
12-31-2008, 09:35 PM
ALL USERS HAVE TRADED !! Thats not true , some users have never traded because they could have been helped very fast to get from friends what they wanted without trading and the other option could be that some never traded because they've seen that traders aren't allowed on some giveaways and are pointed with the finger , but the only thing for traders to do is to be strong if they dont want to be "eaten" by the ones that are against trading . Also I think that former traders should be treated almost the same as the ones that never traded because maybe they had done something wrong one time but maybe they did this without knowing the consequences .

Funkin'
12-31-2008, 09:56 PM
I'm proud of it to tell you the truth, rather than shamed by it. Not every noob out there can pull off a scam as good as I did. It was pretty swift. But ofcourse it wasn't right lol

Tell us more about this scam Albo. I'm pretty interested in it.

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 10:02 PM
^^the past is the past. It should be left alone.. Plus a gentleman wouldn't kis and tell;)

basilhaydens
12-31-2008, 10:18 PM
The first invite I ever got was a Demonoid one I bought off of eBay. I've traded. I may again. Big deal.

Artemis
12-31-2008, 10:31 PM
to be honest, "former traders" are nowhere near as bad as some of the "good" people who constantly spam tracker forums trying to be "active in the community" and kiss up to staff on IRCs just to climb a ladder that doesn't really exists. you know, the tracker whores.

Actually that is a really good point, in general it is the users who collect because of the 'level' rather than getting what they are going to actually use who are the worst. Whether they collect via trading or by being 'tracker whores' makes little difference the result is the same someone who just sits on accounts to feel leet and show off.
The trackers and forums accept former traders who have stopped trading, but it is the collecting for the sake of having the tracker without actually using it which is the most useless thing for the trackers to have.

CaptanAmerica
01-01-2009, 04:21 PM
what would op to say? :huh:

first post in new yr! lets have more fun :yup::yup::yup:

stl
01-16-2009, 01:11 PM
may close it now

Cokeman
01-16-2009, 07:09 PM
When i started i use to trade,how else is one suposse to get a variety of trackers.And i can say i got acesso to all major trackers.Got a few of them.
Today i have 10,dont trade,yesterday i got a invite for a hard tracker but only because i went to a tracker forum and ask,there was a good soul.
No need for trades.

kaffeine
01-16-2009, 07:41 PM
^^the past is the past. It should be left alone.. Plus a gentleman wouldn't kis and tell;)
So, we can say you belong to the "former scammers" group then.

(Assuming you don't scam anymore).

Time-Traveller
01-16-2009, 07:53 PM
Have been tempted to trade in the past, simply because it's an easy way to join almost every site.

Glad I hung in there though because it pays off in the long run.

Swanky
01-16-2009, 09:21 PM
Wanna cookie?

Intr4ns1t
01-16-2009, 09:59 PM
Wanna cookie?

Such a witty riposte. Is there something wrong with someone feeling good about feling they have taken the "high road' in their BT life? With people posting that "EVERYONE HAS TRADED!!1!!!1!!1!11" it's a valid addition to the thread.

As far as former traders, I have no problems with them. As was stated in previous posts, it's the forum spamming collectors that put the biggest burden on sites. Guys who join every single new invite forum that comes along, for the sake of getting that free in of only having to show screenies of some random account with a positive ratio, are the people that are wasting space on trackers.

They join, buffer with their seedbox for two weeks until they have a TB buffer, then never use the account again. The type of folks with ratios of 10,878,124,874,464.666 that aren't uploaders. These folks hold the files till they get that ratio up, and never help to do what is the most essential to a tracker. That being to actually keep files alive on a tracker for more that 3 days, if that tracker is so lucky.

I know lots of true "former traders" (not to be confused with the "anti-trader") that are good members on some sites. One of the reasons we ask if there is any trading history on our application at PtN, is to have that answer as a reference should we find evidence of past trading. One thing I hate far more than a trader, is a liar, so we give people an opportunity to be upfront, because being a trader doesn't mean you're a piece of shit to me. It does mean you are unsafe, but I don't consider it any kind of indication as to the real nature of the people I'm talking to.

Because, after all, it's the internet. Hell, any of the active traders here could be one of the most saintly people on earth in real life, but that's separate from the internet, and cannot be taken into consideration.

Dang, I went and got all wordy and stuff. :wacko: Sorry bout that ;)

Albo Da Kid
01-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Because, after all, it's the internet. Hell, any of the active traders here could be one of the most saintly people on earth in real life, but that's separate from the internet, and cannot be taken into consideration.

I couldn't agree more. At the end of the day it's only a virtual world.
If anyone takes any of this stuff serious or lets it affect them, then they should have a reality check ASAP.

IdolEyes787
01-16-2009, 10:23 PM

I for one don't buy that argument.
I'm not making any judgment on the morality of certain activities but I firmly believe that those that cheat at the trivial are much likelier to also do so when it matters.

Intr4ns1t
01-16-2009, 10:35 PM

I'm not making any judgment on the morality of certain activities but I firmly believe that those that cheat at the trivial are much likelier to also do so when it matters.

Fair enough. It was mostly just a hypothetical to try to put the interwebz in their rightful place compared to real life. I know that alot of folks don't don an alterego on the internet, but the point was more that there should be some separation of what people do on the internet compared to what they do in real life. Call it a "grain of salt" argument I guess.

Albo Da Kid
01-16-2009, 10:39 PM

What if you think of it like this...
Say you just learned about private trackers and what attracted you to them is fast speeds. You don't know anything about "tracker community" and all this other bs. Your connection is kind of lame. Maybe your download speed is good but your upload sucks. You really want to download a game for your newly flashed xbox 360 or a movie which you wanted to watch for a very long time. After you download some stuff you are struggling with your ratio. The next day someone tells you of a cheating program which will make your ratio problems go away and you decide you want to take the easy way out, since you don't want to sit in your computer all day and stress about downloading a 1gb file. You go watch your favorite movie with your family, and have fun doing it. Now you realized that you just made your mom and sister have happy for at least an hour or two and you spend time with your family and all, then you got back to your regular RL.
Now how would you feel if someone said that you were scum in real life just because you behave so in the e-life.

Internet life and RL are two separate worlds. It doesn't mean that just because someone behaves a certain way in here, that they most liekly will do so in real life. Your theory doesn't drink water especially when it comes to begginers who have no idea what they are causing by doing what they do.

Swanky
01-16-2009, 10:48 PM
Wanna cookie?

Such a witty riposte. Is there something wrong with someone feeling good about feling they have taken the "high road' in their BT life? With people posting that "EVERYONE HAS TRADED!!1!!!1!!1!11" it's a valid addition to the thread.

Now I will tell you that almost all of your post is very accurate so there's no denying that. I am just sick of the smugness that comes with all of these anti-traders.

They feel like they are the upper-echelon of the BT-cummunity just because they spend most of their time bashing and hating those who exchange invites, accounts, etc...

Yes traders are breaking tracker rules and so forth. But if there's something that this forum is not lacking is douchebag anti-traders and posts that suck their own dicks about "taking the high road".

Time-Traveller
01-16-2009, 10:51 PM
Yes traders are breaking tracker rules and so forth. But if there's something that this forum is not lacking is douchebag anti-traders and posts that suck their own dicks about "taking the high road".

If that's directed at me which part of my post screamed anti-trader ???

vpg8000
01-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Can't we all just get along guys?

Albo Da Kid
01-16-2009, 11:02 PM

Traders don't harm the tracker itself anymore than collectors do. Trading is an excuse for the tracker staff to dissable as many accounts as possible, so they can make some more money by: selling invites, GB upload Bonuses(bitmetv) and accounts(btmusic).
Only some sites do not profit from disabling accounts. Sites like ptn,fsc etc... which use application forms as a way to get members in.

dragoi92
01-16-2009, 11:05 PM
Someone want to be trader
someone else no

I dont know why u offens those guy

cinephilia
01-16-2009, 11:06 PM
@Swanky: i even prefer traders who admit it than liars: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-disabled-elektronic-help-please-327559

Artemis
01-16-2009, 11:10 PM

Now I will tell you that almost all of your post is very accurate so there's no denying that. I am just sick of the smugness that comes with all of these anti-traders.

They feel like they are the upper-echelon of the BT-cummunity just because they spend most of their time bashing and hating those who exchange invites, accounts, etc...

There are simply people that have felt no need to trade, they have made friends within the bt community easily, and have become 'trusted' members and therefore have been able to gain access to trackers with relative ease.
I suppose in this way, this may generate a certain amount of smugness from some, but many of these members do not in anyway broadcast memberships, where as many trader/collectors have long userbars or custom sigs listing their memberships , this is truly pathetic.
But having taken the 'high road' they also have the right to tell others that trading isn't the only way, this is a fallacy so that people can justify trading. Basically there are two choices trade / or not trade, the former will get you accounts faster in most cases, while being a 'nontrader' will make you a more trusted member giving you access to some communities more easily.

SoulEdge01
01-16-2009, 11:19 PM

What of you think of it like this...
Say you just learned about private trackers and what attracted you to them is fast speeds. You don't know anything about "tracker community" and all this other bs. Your connection is kind of lame. Maybe your download speed is good but your upload sucks. You really want to download a game for your newly flashed xbox 360 or a movie which you wanted to watch for a very long time. After you download some stuff you are struggling with your ratio. The next day someone tells you of a cheating program which will make your ratio problems go away and you decide you want to take the easy way out, since you don't want to sit in your computer all day and stress about downloading a 1gb file. You go watch your favorite movie with your family, and have fun doing it. Now you realized that you just made your mom and sister have happy for at least an hour or two and you spend time with your family and all, then you got back to your regular RL.
Now how would you feel if someone said that you were scum in real life just because you behave so in the e-life.

Internet life and RL are two separate worlds. It doesn't mean that just because someone behaves a certain way in here, that they most liekly will do so in real life. Your theory doesn't drink water especially when it comes to begginers who have no idea what they are causing by doing what they do.

Well Said Albo Da Kid, making mistakes is a normal human behavior in the RL as well as in the e-life, if anybody hasn't committed a mistake in the e-life at least once then it is some sort of a bot, being constantly judged because of some stupid mistakes in the past is not fair, I guess that some trackers dont mind traders while others do, if being a trader is not generally well seen and the person becomes a former trader(no longer trading) then that person should no be constantly insulted for having traded in the past.

Swanky
01-16-2009, 11:22 PM
@ Albo : That's another aspect that people don't usually mention. Who says that someone that you gave an invite in a GA will be a better user than someone you traded with.

@ Cinephilia : I know the truth while you sir while you seem to have the right to brand complete strangers that you've never met all of these labels. Who says I didn't move from the Czech Republic to NYC on New Year's? Sure Elektronic IP banned me, so I guess that makes me a liar? :rolleyes:

@ Artemis : Agree with everything you said

@ Time-Traveller : I was just venting about non-traders. Nothing personal. I guess I took your previous comment as non-trader self-praising. I apologize if that wasn't the case.

Time-Traveller
01-16-2009, 11:34 PM
@ Time-Traveller : I was just venting about non-traders. Nothing personal. I guess I took your previous comment as non-trader self-praising. I apologize if that wasn't the case.

I'm a non-trader but not an anti-trader, if traders want to risk their accounts & their invite tree's accounts I'm not going to try and stop them like some kind of BT police, I just don't see the point working harder to integrate into a site for however long only to have your account disabled because of trading in your tree.

IdolEyes787
01-16-2009, 11:48 PM

Firstly I went out my way specifically to say that I wasn't labeling anyone as "scum " .
That said your argument didn't sway my opnion at all .I am unlikely to put my complete trust in anyone who say for a real life example cheats me at cards.Friendly game or not.
And while cyberspace may indeed not be "real" actions there can have very significant real world consequences so personally at least morally I fail to make the differentiation.But I guess whatever helps you sleep at night.

The phrase is "doesn't hold water" btw

Polarbear
01-17-2009, 12:13 AM
someone who misuses the anonymity and namelessness of the internet to betray, cheat and scam is most likey anti-social in real life too.

there are studies dealing with the psychology of internet behaviour that prove this. the inhibition threshold is just lower, because the identities are unkown. there's no concrete victim.

it's different with flaming, insults or sexual behaviour. the mind of those can be totally different in real life. they play a role on the internet, are often shy, introverted and have a lack of social skills in real life.

so the theory of the conscious cheater who is a friendly nice guy in real life is wrong.

there are also studies about cultural, ethnical and sociological influences on internet behaviour. the country of origin and even religion does play a major role how people behave on the internet.

people in western democracies have a different understanding of social behaviour than somebody who lives in an islamic dictatorship or in a poor part of the former soviet union. socio-economic differences play a major role how people behave online.

if it comes to invites (and that's what the trust here is mainly about), i'd rather trust someone who's never traded before than some ex tarder who claims he's stopped now and all.

everybody who's new here can learn that trading is bad and frowned upon. people are warned and adviced all the time. it's in every tracker's rules. it isn't something that some n00b can easily overlook.

still people come here and create accounts just to make their first post in the tarding section after one month.

if you choose to trade, don't come crying when you realise that i didn't work out. don't ask for respect when you got all you want by trading which others earned with patience and trust.

there are people who repect site rules and there are the ones who break them. there are no good or bad cheaters. there are no good or bad traders.

an ex-trader has a stigma, if he likes it or not.

those veteran or ex-traders who realise they can't change their past and want to be a part of the communities now which they didn't give a shit about just months ago simply annoy me.

nobody likes traders in the private bittorrent community. sorry if you noticed this too late.

puckface
01-17-2009, 01:19 AM
those veteran or ex-traders who realise they can't change their past and want to be a part of the communities now which they didn't give a shit about just months ago simply annoy me.

and arrogant people annoy me, but that's off topic.

Polarbear
01-17-2009, 02:01 AM

i hardly believe that it was arrogance that made me get everything for free what you had to "pay" for.

but i can understand your frustration. once a tarder always a tarder. those people who chose not to break tracker rules from the beginning are so arrogant and mean.

if you at least distanced yourself from the mistakes you've made and help people to find the right way. no, you are still the proud trader, that nobody caught. more clever than any tracker staff. you still support trading and give tips wherever you can, jealous of people who simply didn't have to trade and hide. jealous of people who use the same name on every tracker.

you are just one of those "i got them all so i stopped" tarders that is still active on fst, because it's the only place where you don't have to hide your identity. post in any tracker forum that you got most of your trackers with trades and see how people will react.

you can't turn back time, so your only option is to be the proud ex-tarder that regrets nothing he did.

i can understand your frustration. really.

SoulEdge01
01-17-2009, 02:24 AM
Putting aside what I said in my previous post, I have nothing against traders or ex-traders but I do think that trading is a bad practice not only for the trackers but for the trader itself it is even worse in the long run.

puckface
01-17-2009, 02:25 AM

i hardly believe that it was arrogance that made me get everything for free what you had to "pay" for.

but i can understand your frustration. once a tarder always a tarder. those people who chose not to break tracker rules from the beginning are so arrogant and mean.

if you at least distanced yourself from the mistakes you've made and help people to find the right way. no, you are still the proud trader, that nobody caught. more clever than any tracker staff. you still support trading and give tips wherever you can, jealous of people who simply didn't have to trade and hide. jealous of people who use the same name on every tracker.

you are just one of those "i got them all so i stopped" tarders that is still active on fst, because it's the only place where you don't have to hide your identity. post in any tracker forum that you got most of your trackers with trades and see how people will react.

you can't turn back time, so your only option is to be the proud ex-tarder that regrets nothing he did.

i can understand your frustration. really.

wasn't singling (sp?) you out. please step back.

but to answer your hypothetical, I use exactly the same name on every tracker. The reason my name here is different than on trackers is that when I joined here I didnt have ANY trackers and it was hockey season and I was in a drunken stupor when I signed up. Then I realized it was a stupid name (no excuse I know, but Im not looking for one)

Also, I in no way have every tracker I wish to be on. I haven't traded recently (or maybe I have) because the opportunity has not arose and also people offer me invites to places so I do not need to. I am not ashamed of my past, and I like to be helpful to people who are also not ashamed, any advice I can give people about trading or about anything else I feel is helping them out. I like to help people.

Also, I couldnt care less of what people think about me or what I have done.. online or in real life.

Last point, many sites I am on I have been invited by people on staff and they know exactly who I am here and on other forums. Maybe Im the exception, but whatever.

Good day sir.

SoulEdge01
01-17-2009, 02:37 AM
Yeah, if anybody was a trader or is, it is because they choose to, some know what consequences it can have and some not.

Albo Da Kid
01-17-2009, 03:10 AM
someone who misuses the anonymity and namelessness of the internet to betray, cheat and scam is most likey anti-social in real life too.

Not in all cases. Some think quick and some don't think at all before breaking the rules. They might look at this as being just as a "virtual world" which shouldn't acquire much use of their personal behavior traits.
As you explained in your later paragraphs how ethnicity and culture can influence behavior on the internet and real life of a person, there are also variable characteristics which can influence a person at a certain given time and moment. We can never know what causes someone to take certain paths at certain situations. it's similar to a mouse in the labyrinth. The mouse takes whichever path thathis brain thinks up on at that short amount of time.

there are studies dealing with the psychology of internet behaviour that prove this. the inhibition threshold is just lower, because the identities are unkown. there's no concrete victim.

it's different with flaming, insults or sexual behaviour. the mind of those can be totally different in real life. they play a role on the internet, are often shy, introverted and have a lack of social skills in real life.

so the theory of the conscious cheater who is a friendly nice guy in real life is wrong.

there are also studies about cultural, ethnical and sociological influences on internet behaviour. the country of origin and even religion does play a major role how people behave on the internet.

people in western democracies have a different understanding of social behaviour than somebody who lives in an islamic dictatorship or in a poor part of the former soviet union. socio-economic differences play a major role how people behave online.

Studies are often based on one theory. These studies are similar to a controlled experiment which is made up of: a reasonable hypothesis, the variables and the conclusion. They only tackle one point of view and come up with a conclusion which they think is reasonable for the majority variety of people to comprehend. An individual should take into consideration some other facts and observations when overlooking such a subject.
For example a regular person can react different to the RL and e-life. When he is in the workplace or school he is a funny, slick, swift, outgoing and capable kind of guy, and once he gets in his pc, his behavior can change dramatically. He takes on a new role. A less demanding one. A role which allows him to let himself go.He can look at situation and decide to react totally unpredictable just for the sake of it. Maybe to get a few laughs or to make a point etc.... But he just has fun doing it. And when he leaves the pc, he goes back to his regular behavior.
It is not determined in most cases that someone who chooses to look or act a certain way, is really the person that he shows himself to be.
Please don't take these studies too seriously. An individual should have his own opinion and create his own ideas to come up with a conclusion.

if it comes to invites (and that's what the trust here is mainly about), i'd rather trust someone who's never traded before than some ex tarder who claims he's stopped now and all.

everybody who's new here can learn that trading is bad and frowned upon. people are warned and adviced all the time. it's in every tracker's rules. it isn't something that some n00b can easily overlook.

I would like to invite everyone regardless if they are a trader or not, because I know how it feels NOT to have a tracker and to want something. I'v been there.
You say that a noob can easy overlook this trading issue, but I'd like to say a lot of us are overlooking it. Trading is not the real issue here. I will take you back now to why trading is "bad" in the first place(according to tracker staff).
Most trackers survive of donations. Believe it or not a lot off trackers like sct,bitmetv and btmusic profit from prohibiting trading and I will explain why.

Sct and bitmetv make money of selling invites and GB upload bonuses. It wouldn't benefit sct to allow trading because why would they want someone to trade their account to get another member in sct. They would rather want you paying 20Euros to invite your friend in, rather than exchanging accounts with him. The same goes for bitmeTV and lots of other trackers.

Another example is btmusic. Btmusic sells accounts straight up to anyone. They try to sell lots of accounts. How can they double their profit?? What excuse can they use to make someone pay twice for an account?? Well the trading excuse seems logical. They disable you for trading and they know you will pay up again for another account. This way they take twice as much from you. And if you are stupid enough to get caught than three times as much money is being wasted.
So basically btmusic tries to dissable as many accounts as they can to make lots of profit. I'm asking this again...What is the best excuse to disable someone????.......TRADING and cheating.

Now let me show you who is worse Traders or COLLECTORS
Someone that collects takes up space and doesn't use the tracker. Someone who trades uses the tracker and helps with seeding etc. Builds up a buffer and passes it on to the next one who might settle with the account and use it.
Who is doing more damage to the tracker someone who is helping with seeding and using the tracker or someone who is just sitting there looking preety and not even helping wiht the peers.

If trackers didn't use the "trading" excuse as a tool to profit, then we wouldn't be calling people scum and liars and traders etc... We wouldn't be afraid to invite someone who trades his accounts to get in. Our worries would be directed at Collectors instead. We would be afraid to invite someone who doesn't use the site. Why do you think scl doesn't improve?? Besides their staff's bad choices, they let too many collectors sit there and they worry about traders and public giveaways instead:lol:

an ex-trader has a stigma, if he likes it or not.
That's bulls*it propoganda used to put someone down. Some users feel overmatched in a debate and their first defense is to point that out and make the crowd follow in. (crowd= a bunch of idiots in most of the cases)

nobody likes traders in the private bittorrent community. sorry if you noticed this too late.

Only the ones who cant see the angles, are the ones that don't like traders. I personally despise collectors.

tangerine
01-17-2009, 04:34 PM
On people's behaviour on the internet and off it, I think "man is least himself when he talks in his own person, give him a mask and he'll tell you the truth". People in "real life" often are not as straight foward as they think they can be in a message board, protected by distance and a computer screen. Some of them (and I mean you too now, Albo) think they can judge people they know nothing about based on a single remark, and actually do so, saying whatever they feel like at a given moment 'cause they know there are no real consequences to their behaviour. They can just shut down their computers and walk away.

As the reason for this topic was not to discuss traders, I think former traders (if they really are former traders and not just saying that on their signature) are ok, if they are no longer trading and just want to get into the sites they need and maybe give something back once they have what they wanted. About collectors, I see how they are annoying - but somebody that trades an invite you gave them for personal benefit is no better. At least that's what I think.

I wouldn't say I'm a former trader, as I've never actually traded an invite. But when I first joined this site I thought it was all about trading, I thought the only way to get invites to the sites I wanted or with the stuff I needed, was trading for an invite to some other site. Then I kept reading this board and discovered that wasn't the only way, that people can give away and recieve without having to "pay" a price.

stl
01-22-2009, 03:42 PM
is it still open?

puckface
01-22-2009, 03:47 PM
After you bumped it it is.

geez.

stl
01-22-2009, 03:51 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-former-traders-327225/page2#post3102348