PDA

View Full Version : Private Trackers Announce ‘Global Ban’ Of Romania

TakeMS
12-30-2008, 02:26 AM
in: http://**************.com/2008/12/28/private-trackers-announce-global-ban-of-romania/

http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/4147/romaniabannedfl4.jpg

Romania - a real hotbed for tracker activity - has yet again found itself on uncertain ground in amongst the private tracker community. This was recently rekindled a few days ago when Waffles.fm officially announced that Romania is "largely a cesspool of spam" and is thus now globally banned from the tracker. This includes all existing members, as well as potential future invitees. Today, ScT also announced plans to rid Romanian users from its tracker.

Waffles: Due to Romania being largely a cesspool of spam, viruses, phishing, and fraud, and phishing attempts, fraudulent donations, cheating, and the like from various Romanian IPs with zero action on the part of Romanian ISPs, Romania is hereby banned from Waffles. Please take care to not invite people if you know they’re in or from Romania. We will not take action against you, but may change tune in the future.

The Waffles’ decision comes hot off the heels of a phishing scam which involved random PMs (personal messages) to other Waffles members:

Waffles: A bunch of you may have received a PM from a Waffles user “TdskLink” this afternoon. This PM was an attempt at phishing yahoo accounts. The user in question has been banned from Waffles, and the PM’s which he sent have been removed.

What.cd also issued an alert to a similar phishing scam at their tracker, although there’s no mention of an impending ban of Romania, or if .ro ranges are even involved (although we’d be leaning towards a "yes" vote on this).

What.cd: Urgent Update: If you have been sent a PM from “JerTheRipper” do not open it - it is a phishing attempt scam. We have disabled all accounts involved and are working to delete the messages before anyone has a chance to even view them. If you notice anything suspicious feel free to PM any of the Staff.

ScT Next Up To Ban Romania

Following suit today was ScT, who also opted to block Romanian IPs from the tracker, in the hopes to tighten security & thwart invite giveaways & cheaters; which in recent trends are often stemming from *.ro-based IP ranges.

ScT:

Reason: giveaways.

banning .ro solves the problem… SonOfDorel, SoKaT, Crosshair (Cappsor), TheLiquid and a few others are the users .ro have to thank for firmly making our minds up.

Waffles and ScT are not the only ones that globally ban Romania, as SCC seems to be way ahead of the curve (if not ban-happy).
Romania Has Company: Israel, Egypt, Poland…

Here’s a non-exhaustive summary of other trackers that ban countries and IP ranges. Note that this is not an official list, as data was acquired elsewhere.

* SCC: bans Israel, Poland, Egypt, Brazil and Romania (& probably even more).
* Swedvdr: you need to be in Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland (all other IPs are banned).
* ScT: Poland and Israel
* HDBits.org: Poland, Egypt, Israel, Turkey, China
* Demonoid: bans Belgium
* TorrentBytes: bans Israel
* BCG: bans (parts of) Brazil
* TorrentLeech: bans all or most of Israel (probably all).
* BitMeTV: has banned Israel, some IP ranges in Brazil, Croatia, Poland and countless others.
* India’s #1 Internet provider (BSNL) is banned by HDBits.org and many other trackers.

kevinsert
12-30-2008, 02:47 AM
why israil such a bad country like this ? cuz being of jewish ?

sheriff 01
12-30-2008, 02:53 AM
takems why are you such a sadistic person? I have watched silently from the sidelines as you have posted several racist threads for quite some time now. I do not wish you nor any other member harm at this site but this bullshit has to stop. You are taking great pleasure in seeing peoples misfortunes and that is a sick way to conduct yourself!

nbo
12-30-2008, 02:53 AM
tl doesnt ban any country

kareemamir
12-30-2008, 02:59 AM
Why would you censor filesharingtalk from the url?

slymester
12-30-2008, 03:10 AM
Why would you censor filesharingtalk from the url?

that's not filesharingtalk, that's fileshare freak

Sanka113
12-30-2008, 03:29 AM
Maybe because it's not filesharingtalk.

Zed123
12-30-2008, 04:21 AM
next these trackers should opt for a world wide BAN! :lol:

pone44
12-30-2008, 04:25 AM
Didn't waffles take Romania off the ban list? :unsure:

This is a non productive,Pointless thread So i will go off topic.

This does not need to be announced! Is Info from a unreliable source.

Also the racist comments-namecalling should stop takems.

i would like hd-bits.org :) can i have it ?
no noob!!!! read rules.:frusty:
not hard, 2 lines only.

i need invite 1st takems
and by the way you are not able to get pms

TakeMS has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.
i can get msgs from ppl i allow only.
why u pm me want ?
if u want TTi inv, i dont give, but if u ve sth to trade for it, i aceppt oferts.
revTT or TL. i alow u now to pm me with oferts if u interested.
if no ofert no pm please.
is this not a trade offer, also Pm'ed the Op of that request offering a trade...

:huh: this just news quoted from other site and u call me racist. LOOOOL

u so n0ob realy. go do giveways publik and continue break all trakcers rules to pretend u are nice and good to all one, and leave me alone. ok? kthnxbye.

Zaxx
12-30-2008, 04:25 AM
Bet the proxy business is gonna love it....:rolleyes:

TakeMS
12-30-2008, 04:27 AM
takems why are you such a sadistic person? I have watched silently from the sidelines as you have posted several racist threads for quite some time now. I do not wish you nor any other member harm at this site but this bullshit has to stop. You are taking great pleasure in seeing peoples misfortunes and that is a sick way to conduct yourself!

u so n0ob realy. go do giveways publik and continue break all trakcers rules to pretend u are nice and good to all one, and leave me alone. ok? kthnxbye.

sheriff 01
12-30-2008, 04:40 AM

I suggest for you to read through my post again and if you still fail to understand it i can use a translator service to post it in your language if you prefer.:frusty::frusty::frusty:
By the way this is the first time i have ever said anything to you even though several members here are bashing you. My advice to you is to develop just a little bit more class with the way you conduct yourself here at FST.

pone44
12-30-2008, 04:44 AM
What do you have against Romanian people-OP?

Should not accuse others of things that you are guilty of yourself...

Op- you say others break tracker rules what about this trade offer you made below?
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-trades-158/t-have-whatcd-want-tt-hdbits-320888/?

Plus all the giveaways....

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-giving-waffles-trancetraffic-324407/?
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/t-sct-invite-if-good-member-found-321716/?

Be careful with the user TakeMS.. Provably is a collector

i colect power user at all trackers. i'm exceelent member evrywwhere, i dont get acc and sit do nothing.

good cuz i only trade invs.
if i colect it would be stupid to trade accs, cuz it would be one less tracker in colection.
gr8 giv.

Someone please close this thread? The Op is very antagonistic and negative in every post.

TakeMS
12-30-2008, 04:53 AM
:nono:
that post is not what we talk here. stop stalk me, u will have problem.

I suggest for you to read through my post again and if you still fail to understand it i can use a translator service to post it in your language if you prefer.:frusty::frusty::frusty:
By the way this is the first time i have ever said anything to you even though several members here are bashing you. My advice to you is to develop just a little bit more class with the way you conduct yourself here at FST.
class is like u, break 80x trakcers rules in public ? :frusty::frusty:
sorry, than i dont want be classy :D

1000possibleclaws
12-30-2008, 05:07 AM
Didn't we already have this discussion over the last couple days. This isn't productive, and it's nothing new.