PDA

View Full Version : The attitude around here needs to change

Detale
12-31-2008, 12:32 AM
The attitude around here needs to change as the tittle says. As of late all I see is whenever someone posts there are 15 people cutting him up for some absurd reason. Lots of people speak of community around here when it comes to trackers but what about our FST community? Enough with all the arguments and bullshit high school fights. FST used to be a place where people could help one and other. Good people came here and helped each other out when they needed it. Now it seems every thread is someone fighting someone over bullshit reasons. This is going to stop now. Usually I let go the little tiffs and the spam so that the section can have a community feel to it but I think I'm going to be a bit tougher on the infractions for a while to clean this section up. Maybe it's me but I don't think so. Consider this a warning especially the first few will be made examples of so don't be all shocked when it comes. Thanks

LubTheStaringCat
12-31-2008, 12:37 AM
This has been along time coming, and I completely agree.

mrnobody
12-31-2008, 12:46 AM
bet this will turn into a fight feast by next page or something :lol:

Detale
12-31-2008, 01:00 AM
No fights just more infractions ;)

cinephilia
12-31-2008, 01:02 AM
it's just the way fst is, you won't change anything man... keep in mind that community is also about making fun and bashing people.
and let me tell you that if so many members visit fst everyday, it's mostly for "bullshit high school fights"..

sheriff 01
12-31-2008, 01:04 AM
i think you could handle your own in a fight anyway detale, seeing as your from Brooklyn.
I have some close friends from there and let me tell you they can throw it down pretty good.

I applaud your efforts to do this detale, i only wish that i could help you out in the process because
i am ready to go to war!:tank:

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 01:11 AM
^^ I agree. NYC boroughs have a rep for that. just don't get caught here after dark lol

And as far as this thread goes i kind of agree but a forum is a forum. You will always come to a non agreement with someone. You can't expect anyone to have the same opinion as someone else. These things are part of a forum.

Also there's many other things here that should be taken a look at. I say lets take it one step at a time.

Intr4ns1t
12-31-2008, 01:16 AM
Good luck with this Detale :)
I know in my personal experience, one of the main reasons I don't bother much with threads here is invariably, it'll end up with some sort of flaming. Whether deserved or not.
It's a bit disheartening to try to help someone with a problem only to have 10 people come into those threads and start throwing spammy flame crap around as if it's okay. Which to this point, it mostly has been. It'll be nice to see a shift towards actual interactions rather than just a place "for the lolz" as I see so often in peoples reasons for coming to this forum.

Artemis
12-31-2008, 01:33 AM

Time for my pink handbag analogy once again ? :naughty:

ben99
12-31-2008, 01:42 AM
it's just the way fst is, you won't change anything man... keep in mind that community is also about making fun and bashing people.
and let me tell you that if so many members visit fst everyday, it's mostly for "bullshit high school fights"..

meh a community in which members bash users isn't really a community. I would refer to FST as a gathering of people, it is no in way shape or form, a community. For that statement to be true, fst would need to be smaller and not be divided between traders and anti-traders.(meaning fst would be anti-trader or pro, not both as it is now,preferably anti btw)

oh let's not forget that it would need to get rid of a healthy chunk of it's users (50+) most of them are scum. Then maybe I could *possibly* refer to FST as a community.

puckface
12-31-2008, 01:49 AM
Not trying to start an argument, but I think that's where a lot of these things start... labeling people as traders or anti-traders, or for that matter, people with good or bad grammar. Why does that need to be done at all? Cant everyone just be a user?

interwebz
12-31-2008, 02:04 AM
okie dokie. i'll start with the help, the term is "one another", not "one and other". edit that shit son.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/one+another

helping is fun! :)

back on topic, does that mean if someone doesnt agree with something that has been said they shouldnt voice their opinion on the matter? there is a very fine line between good moderating and censorship. please remember that. also we need to remember that people who dont trade/sell invites are forced to share a general bittorrent forum with those who do, and there will always be some tension there between at least a few of them.

Not trying to start an argument, but I think that's where a lot of these things start... labeling people as traders or anti-traders, or for that matter, people with good or bad grammar. Why does that need to be done at all? Cant everyone just be a user?

no, and its obvious it cant be that way, which is why they separated the giveaways/requests with the trades in the first place. those 2 groups of people don't generally get along and it's a mindset thing, the opinions of someone who trades and someone who doesnt will generally be polar opposites.

nemrac
12-31-2008, 02:09 AM

I totally agree with you. All of a sudden, users are broken down into traders/non-traders, by country, by religion...this has got to stop. We all all here for the same basic reason - or did we all forget?

Nemrac

ben99
12-31-2008, 02:12 AM

I totally agree with you. All of a sudden, users are broken down into traders/non-traders, by country, by religion...this has got to stop. We all all here for the same basic reason - or did we all forget?

Nemrac

hmm, surprising that two users who traded in the past would come to this conclusion...

puckface
12-31-2008, 02:14 AM

Nemrac

hmm, surprising that two users who traded in the past would come to this conclusion...

see, you prove my point exactly. so what if I have traded? Is it like I have leprocy? Or is it like being a Republican? Or maybe I have the bird flu or the SARS?

This is what is bringing everyone down. Also, both of use werent only talking about trading if you would care to read our individual posts.

But, you can think however you want I guess. Good day sir.

extreme29
12-31-2008, 02:20 AM
I am a new member but I see what you mean. Some people seem to post so that others dont get the invite...

Night0wl
12-31-2008, 02:32 AM
i think you could handle your own in a fight anyway detale, seeing as your from Brooklyn.
I have some close friends from there and let me tell you they can throw it down pretty good.

I applaud your efforts to do this detale, i only wish that i could help you out in the process because
i am ready to go to war!:tank:

^^ I agree. NYC boroughs have a rep for that. just don't get caught here after dark lol

Wow, Congratz Detale. You actually managed to find someone, who believes you can beat them up.

They clearly do not have viking blood running through their veins.

We eat Brooklyn brawlers for breakfast ;)

hotshot6473
12-31-2008, 02:35 AM
I hope this works and hopefully some of the bad eggs can be made an example of. There is no need for bashing and especially no need for it in public. If you wanna handle something do it in private.

Cabalo
12-31-2008, 02:37 AM
detale, the reasons you state for the change are the very same that keep making me come back here in a daily basis. Maybe in the last couple of days it got to a "higher-level".
what you will try to enforce (enforce is the correct word imo) is a status quo where everyone will be afraid to point the finger at those considered not-so-good-for-the-community members, expecting retaliations from the moderation team.
It is what it happens here most of the times, and in my opinion it has been a self-purge from the members here, as some of them, quite often, keep pointing the finger at those bad weeds.
I am pretty much against this witch hunt for traders that few members do here, except a few nasty ones that i can't hide how much i dislike them, but i also dislike some giveaway'ers, so i really don't separate them in the good, the bad and the ugly.

enforcing this, will in my opinion give a sense of protection to those bad weeds that we more often than so, meet here. And it will be a regress from the path that this forum was taking, towards self discipline by its community (yes, this is a community, not all communities are peaceful, but yet they are a community).

well, i'll continue the way i have been here, as i see nothing wrong in my attitude. If i will have to be one of the "victims/examples", because i don't fit on the attitude u praise for this forum, so be it. :idunno: There's no point for me pretending to be someone different in a forum, than what i really am.

This forum/community is not for the faint hearted. If some guys haven't the balls to "survive" here, well... tough luck.
(and i do consider it pretty friendly indeed).

whip22
12-31-2008, 02:38 AM
bet this will turn into a fight feast by next page or something :lol:
lol

Cabalo
12-31-2008, 02:38 AM
I am a new member but I see what you mean. Some people seem to post so that others dont get the invite...
and that is TOTALLY correct, if you are a non deserving member. what is the problem?
many users only come here to get invites, so what is the problem of pointing them the finger?

IdolEyes787
12-31-2008, 02:40 AM

No some people just post so that an invite doesn't go where it shouldn't.
Sometimes directly by exposing certain histories sometimes by more indirect means.

Anybody that talked to me privately knows I hate the real malicious stuff as much as anyone but take away the humour and the conflict from this place and it's certainly a whole lot less appealing.
Make it like another forum that I'm on where I have to apologize for being right about something and I will seriously consider not posting here anymore.

Personally as bad as it gets at times I don't think anyone who truly deserved an invite has ever failed to get one if they stuck to it.

Funkin'
12-31-2008, 02:53 AM

Nemrac

Well, eventhough they both have traded in the past I don't consider them active traders at all since their last trades were pretty long ago. And I wouldn't feel uncomfortable at all to bring either one of them into my invite tree because of this.

Perhaps they both came to this conclusion because people still bring up things that they did a while ago, and haven't done since? I think we all need to start leaving this whole trading thing alone for long time members that traded long ago.

Detale
12-31-2008, 04:23 AM
Seems that my point is being missed. I am not talking about arguments in general I mean when an argument starts in one thread and is carried on into 7 threads after that. The forum has taken an ugly turn lately. The regular BT bullshit is fine, hell most of the time I'm right in there too. For example people posting hate threads and when members Troll others because they come from a different country or what not. Anti traders trolling traders. Things like this.

and let me tell you that if so many members visit fst everyday, it's mostly for "bullshit high school fights".. Yes I know this is how FST is...NOW, it wasn't always like this. I don't want to change it I want it back. Making fun is fine, it's when making fun turns to spam/flame threads with no point other that to fight, as of late it has gotten out of control in some of these threads.

Time for my pink handbag analogy once again ? :naughty:
If you wouldn't mind that would be great.

okie dokie. i'll start with the help, the term is "one another", not "one and other". edit that shit son.

back on topic, does that mean if someone doesnt agree with something that has been said they shouldnt voice their opinion on the matter? there is a very fine line between good moderating and censorship. please remember that. also we need to remember that people who dont trade/sell invites are forced to share a general bittorrent forum with those who do, and there will always be some tension there between at least a few of them.

no, and its obvious it cant be that way, which is why they separated the giveaways/requests with the trades in the first place. those 2 groups of people don't generally get along and it's a mindset thing, the opinions of someone who trades and someone who doesnt will generally be polar opposites. Thanks for the grammar lesson, you're an asset to FST :dabs:

This too will be addressed in the near future but not right now.

Wow, Congratz Detale. You actually managed to find someone, who believes you can beat them up.

They clearly do not have viking blood running through their veins.

We eat Brooklyn brawlers for breakfast ;) I'll pull your beard and give you a slap back to Valhalla bitch. Besides I can't find it in myself to be afraid of the pic from your facebook page
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3109/2645397534_2b5d051e63.jpg?v=0

Also I think Albo is from NY :idunno:

Villalltheway
12-31-2008, 04:37 AM

Nemrac

Really whocares if people have traded or not, i swear people make it out like they are rapists or something. In the end if they trade there way onto a tracker and contribute to it, it will be a benefit to that tracker and if they are bad on these trackers im sure they will get found out in the end and get banned. Personally i think GA invites is just as bad as trading invites, and i wonder how many of u can honestly say u have known ur invitor personally on every tracker u r on.

Also if people are willing to trade openly let them run the risk of getting their accounts disabled.

Night0wl
12-31-2008, 04:54 AM
I'll pull your beard and give you a slap back to Valhalla bitch. Besides I can't find it in myself to be afraid of the pic from your facebook page

Lol that's just some drunk from Brooklyn, who noticed being a Brooklyn brawler didn't get him far. He's trying to pretend to be a viking now... and failing miserably.

integral
12-31-2008, 05:25 AM
I'll pull your beard and give you a slap back to Valhalla bitch. Besides I can't find it in myself to be afraid of the pic from your facebook page

Lol that's just some drunk from Brooklyn, who noticed being a Brooklyn brawler didn't get him far. He's trying to pretend to be a viking now... and failing miserably.

What's so bad about being drunk in Brooklyn? :cry:

pone44
12-31-2008, 06:04 AM
I will be drunk in Manhattan tomorrow night, most likely. :P

Detale
12-31-2008, 07:18 AM
I'll be in Pennsylvania

Artemis
12-31-2008, 07:24 AM
I'll be in Pennsylvania

Off to see all your Amish relatives ? :naughty:

Detale
12-31-2008, 07:47 AM
Mennonites why?

Swift
12-31-2008, 07:59 AM
you can't change peoples attitudes with a simple post ...

Detale
12-31-2008, 08:05 AM
Well I'm going to try. What do you suggest then?

xnugx
12-31-2008, 08:12 AM
Holy crap thank you for posting this. I posted something like this only a week or 2 ago and got "cut up" and called a faggot, etc. for even suggesting the idea. Thank God a mod posts about it and is flame-proof. The pure reason of torrenting in the first place is "sharing", and typically sharing implies generosity and cooperation.

It gets pretty primal in here. 2 people want the same thing and are willing to step on each other's heads to get to the top.

Detale
12-31-2008, 08:34 AM
You should have reported it Nug. Send me a link to the thread in a PM.

Guys we the staff are here to help you if something happens report it in the report section that's what its there for. Unfortunately we do miss some threads so if you see something say something (NYC transit authority)

puckface
12-31-2008, 08:44 AM
off topic.... Brooklyn motherfuckers. Im OG Bronx, who wants to go?

ha

cheers

meelad
12-31-2008, 08:49 AM
The problem is that many fanatic people here have become a part of self-employed bittorrent police. Everyone is fighting over who deserves an invite or who does not. People cracking up the history of requesters (or shall I say beggars), flaming each other, trying to build a reputation. The problem is that people take this BT way too seriously. The bottom line is bittorrent (trackers) is just a filesharing method which is used to supplement our life in a way. Find someone in real life to bash up. Leave the poor FST folks. It is a completely different thing if you are the one planning to invite someone and find that the person doesn't deserve an invite, but that is not the case here.

xnugx
12-31-2008, 08:57 AM
^^^^ This

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 08:59 AM

ha

cheers

brret brret bronx stand the frrrak up

Swift
12-31-2008, 09:08 AM

take some actions against users who don't obey the rules the ones like me ...

also ban them not only warn users who break serious rules ban ip maybe

Disme
12-31-2008, 09:15 AM
http://zurevla.nl/worldpress/images/fun/change.jpg
http://zurevla.nl/worldpress/images/fun/change2.jpg

Detale
12-31-2008, 09:22 AM

Wow that's a good idea usually we just hand out candy :eyebrows:

spark
12-31-2008, 09:32 AM
I hate peaceful threads

Detale
12-31-2008, 09:36 AM

ha

cheers

brret brret bronx stand the frrrak up

Just saw this. I have to say that the BX is the only other respectable borough but it aint shit compared to the Brook! Bitches! Where the Brooklyn at? :01:Where the Brooklyn at? :01:Where the Brooklyn at? :01:

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 09:39 AM
ahaha idk they're both up there. like my man stack bundles said. you could get your head popped off in either one

KushBlow
12-31-2008, 09:40 AM
I agree with this.

too many hostile people trying to act cool or smart on THE INTERNET. fail.

Swift
12-31-2008, 09:48 AM

why didn't I get any ? am I not good enough ?:angry:

Make forum invite only ....

Alien5
12-31-2008, 09:52 AM
I agree with this.

Cool and/or Smart? :snooty:

KushBlow
12-31-2008, 09:52 AM
I agree with this.

cabalo is a good example :whistling

Detale
12-31-2008, 09:53 AM

You're a good member (so far) Now that's just absurd. We are a public forum not like some of the uber elite places out there this is a classy joint.

Jnk1986
12-31-2008, 09:54 AM
Gotta say ur right on this one. thats also one of the reasons I dont post mucho n this forum all u get is flame this and flame that..

Gl changing this BS behaviour of ur members.

Swift
12-31-2008, 09:59 AM

You're a good member (so far) Now that's just absurd. We are a public forum not like some of the uber elite places out there this is a classy joint.

most of the bashing comes from the older users here and it comes directly to the newcomers that start posting here without searching first and they will get ass drilled with 2-3 pages in 1 hour :dabs:

ajsi
12-31-2008, 10:09 AM
most of the bashing comes from the older users here and it comes directly to the newcomers that start posting here without searching first and they will get ass drilled with 2-3 pages in 1 hour :dabs:that is absolutely normal and it happens even in the real life. experienced ppl make fun of freshmen/newcomers/noobs. that's just the way it is. some things can be changed(and they should be) and some can not.

Swift
12-31-2008, 10:16 AM
then you can't change anything it's a fact

monk3y
12-31-2008, 10:40 AM
go get'em detale

kevinsert
12-31-2008, 10:49 AM
most of the bashing comes from the older users here and it comes directly to the newcomers that start posting here without searching first and they will get ass drilled with 2-3 pages in 1 hour :dabs:that is absolutely normal and it happens even in the real life. experienced ppl make fun of freshmen/newcomers/noobs. that's just the way it is. some things can be changed(and they should be) and some can not.
Look im here before you..and i can make fun of you bla bla ....is this right for you ?what makes you experienced? your post count ?
Come on you people here (especially who thinks experienced and torrentgod himself ) think twice before judge somebodies or newcomers

Swift
12-31-2008, 10:56 AM
I'm talking about newbz who make stupid post or repost of old stuff/news

interwebz
12-31-2008, 11:34 AM

no, and its obvious it cant be that way, which is why they separated the giveaways/requests with the trades in the first place. those 2 groups of people don't generally get along and it's a mindset thing, the opinions of someone who trades and someone who doesnt will generally be polar opposites.

Thanks for the grammar lesson, you're an asset to FST :dabs:

sorry, i wont stop you from sounding stupid in the future. that kind of attitude is awesome coming from the OP of an 'attitude needs to change' thread. did you read the majority of the post which was all about the topic and how i was trying to help? or did you just skip it, get mad, and try to "get me"?

IdolEyes787
12-31-2008, 12:03 PM
most of the bashing comes from the older users here and it comes directly to the newcomers that start posting here without searching first and they will get ass drilled with 2-3 pages in 1 hour :dabs:

If you want to throw stones change older to younger and you've got it about right. (yes I know where this is probably going to lead:dabs:)

The problem is that people take this BT way too seriously. The bottom line is bittorrent (trackers) is just a filesharing method which is used to supplement our life in a way. Find someone in real life to bash up.

That makes the least sense of anything I've read here.
Are you saying that it's better to hurt people for real?
Maybe there's a cripple or gay that you could suggest?

Meelad the only reason it might ever to OK to have a go a someone here is precisely the reason you said,that BT shouldn't be taken seriously(although I'm sure quite a few syops who put their asses on the line for us would beg to differ).

Also a lot of people seem to miss the intension of some posts because the majority aren't meant as anything but fun.

Swift
12-31-2008, 12:25 PM
If you want to throw stones change older to younger and you've got it about right. (yes I know where this is probably going to lead:dabs:)

The problem is that people take this BT way too seriously. The bottom line is bittorrent (trackers) is just a filesharing method which is used to supplement our life in a way. Find someone in real life to bash up.

That makes the least sense of anything I've read here.
Are you saying that it's better to hurt people for real?
Maybe there's a cripple or gay that you could suggest?

Meelad the only reason it might ever to OK to have a go a someone here is precisely the reason you said,that BT shouldn't be taken seriously(although I'm sure quite a few syops who put their asses on the line for us would beg to differ).

Also a lot of people seem to miss the intension of some posts because the majority aren't meant as anything but fun.

i guess your right like this thread aswell is gonna get ass drilled

KushBlow
12-31-2008, 12:29 PM
i guess your right like this thread aswell is gonna get ass drilled

Wow I just Googled ass drilled for fun and clicked on 'Images'...

My eyes! :cry:

Sanka113
12-31-2008, 12:37 PM
I think PETA should put a stop to ass drilling.

KushBlow
12-31-2008, 12:40 PM

Perverts Entertaining Tired Apes?

IdolEyes787
12-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Hey I'm a member.:(
I should report you for bashing:lol:

:blushing:Define tired.

ghurka
12-31-2008, 01:09 PM
most of the bashing comes from the older users here and it comes directly to the newcomers that start posting here without searching first and they will get ass drilled with 2-3 pages in 1 hour :dabs:Well if somebody is just too damn lazy to look for something, even in real life, wouldn't you tell them. I know I would as I really don't like lazy gits. So if I want to have a pop at someone for not using the search facility first on any site I frequent then I will.

basilhaydens
12-31-2008, 01:50 PM
I urge you not to overlook the less facially offensive posts, i.e. the brief, sarcastic remarks and subtle insults that many users post against traders or those who post "banned?" threads.

Cabalo
12-31-2008, 01:55 PM

i think this is the kind of brainless posting that detale is referring to in his post.
glad some people doesn't like me, it means that a couple do, but that was to be expected, as ignorant members will always pop on my radar.

funny how this thread is turning the place where a couple of whinos come complain to daddy-mod that big bad members steal the candy from them and don't let them play in the yard. because they will tell to my mom that i've been a bad boy.:cry1:

ajsi
12-31-2008, 01:57 PM
that is absolutely normal and it happens even in the real life. experienced ppl make fun of freshmen/newcomers/noobs. that's just the way it is. some things can be changed(and they should be) and some can not.
Look im here before you..and i can make fun of you bla bla ....is this right for you ?what makes you experienced? your post count ?
Come on you people here (especially who thinks experienced and torrentgod himself ) think twice before judge somebodies or newcomersyou did not get it... don't quibble

pentomato
12-31-2008, 02:00 PM

I desagree, most of those bullies are young people, they attack anyone that says something about any of their friends, just like little gangs.

invitemaster
12-31-2008, 02:02 PM
i just dont get it why the admin simply dont ban them for posting such messages

IdolEyes787
12-31-2008, 02:07 PM
i think this is the kind of brainless posting that detale is referring to in his post.
glad some people doesn't like me, it means that a couple do, but that was to be expected, as ignorant members will always pop on my radar.

funny how this thread is turning the place where a couple of whinos come complain to daddy-mod that big bad members steal the candy from them and don't let them play in the yard. because they will tell to my mom that i've been a bad boy.:cry1:

I wondered if you'd comment on that Cabalo.
Personally although you do have a hard edge I've never found you to bash on someone just for the hell of it .Also from actually bothering to read your posts I think that you are one of the more intelligent and thoughtful people here.

Of course that fact that I'm an orphan may have something to do with it.

KushBlow
12-31-2008, 02:08 PM

see you did it again. you just contradicted yourself in your own post.

you CANNOT say you don't spam up threads with smart ass comments that the thread would be good without. that would be a lie.

and hm no grammar issues...I'm impressed.

pentomato
12-31-2008, 02:08 PM
The attitude around here needs to change as the tittle says. As of late all I see is whenever someone posts there are 15 people cutting him up for some absurd reason. Lots of people speak of community around here when it comes to trackers but what about our FST community? Enough with all the arguments and bullshit high school fights. FST used to be a place where people could help one and other. Good people came here and helped each other out when they needed it. Now it seems every thread is someone fighting someone over bullshit reasons. This is going to stop now. Usually I let go the little tiffs and the spam so that the section can have a community feel to it but I think I'm going to be a bit tougher on the infractions for a while to clean this section up. Maybe it's me but I don't think so. Consider this a warning especially the first few will be made examples of so don't be all shocked when it comes. Thanks

But a community doesn't have nothing to do with what you are talking about, a real community there are great, bad and stupid people on it.
What would be a thanksgiving dinner without the arguments and the insults? Without the fights?
In real communities people talk about each other, attack each other etc.
If this is a real community, there has to be peace, but people at times have to vent too and I know some mods want to dictate what we do or say (not you Detale) and that's not right.

PACINO
12-31-2008, 03:53 PM
I completely agree.

benficao
12-31-2008, 04:09 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/9rnjtj.jpg

KushBlow
12-31-2008, 04:22 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/9rnjtj.jpg

Man you really are a spammer :P.

benficao
12-31-2008, 04:33 PM
its means, fst is cool, because ppl know each other so well, that they really argue about stupid things, just like old married ppl.

howdy ho, means , relax and enjoy a warm, nice forum, where we can say all kids off stupid things.

fst is thrully the number 1 forum ever made, anyone who disagrees is probably an admin, from a louzy tracker whit no acvitivy in is forum.

ps. i dont like trades also, but i dont care.

Cabalo
12-31-2008, 05:36 PM

you CANNOT say you don't spam up threads with smart ass comments that the thread would be good without. that would be a lie.

you should be. i can speak your language in a quite decent way, while you can't speak or write in mine not even closer. Wow, that makes me smarter than you, i guess. :idunno:
it's just typical noobish to point english grammar issues to non native english speaking people. it's just ridiculous and, most of all, childish.
just like what you are.

KushBlow
12-31-2008, 05:42 PM

you should be. i can speak your language in a quite decent way, while you can't speak or write in mine not even closer. Wow, that makes me smarter than you, i guess. :idunno:
it's just typical noobish to point english grammar issues to non native english speaking people. it's just ridiculous and, most of all, childish.
just like what you are.

see you did it again. It's just like commiting a murder, you can't stop can you?

Again thinking you're above me and thinking that you can judge me. I can say you have 3 balls, it doesn't mean it's true.

And pointing out grammar issues to non-english people? I HELP them at the very least, it's just people trying to act smart while barely knowing the alphabet gets on my nerves.

If you think 'smarter' is having a Stallone avatar and being recognized on an internet forum then I suggest you consult a psychiatrist.

Now let's stop this. For 2009 try to be nicer eh? Like Detale said.

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 05:59 PM
^^what does smarts have anything to do with having Stallone in an avatar?? You make as much sense as that Heroes television show right now

KushBlow
12-31-2008, 06:01 PM
^^what does smarts have anything to do with having Stallone in an avatar?? You make as much sense as that Heroes television show right now.

I asked him if that's his definition of being smart, because I couldn't find another remedy :).

BlackBird_
12-31-2008, 06:07 PM
fst is thrully the number 1 forum ever made

That's my opinion too.

Unfortunately, I don't know english very well and that's sucks... shame on me :blushing:

BTW, any assistance in this matter is wellcome :yup:

benficao
12-31-2008, 06:08 PM

just like what you are.

"it's just typical noobish to point english grammar issues to non native english speaking people" --------- THAT S SO RIGHT!

100% whit cabalo!!!!!
they do exams in school whit crosses and multiple choise, how smart can american ppl be?

KushBlow
12-31-2008, 06:10 PM
I didn't say that's wrong, hell I'm not English myself! But at least don't try to make up these super leet disses or comebacks without fully knowing English.

That's like trying to drive with one hand after reading only 50% of the instruction manual. Better to drive safe and not cocky :).

People that don't know english I help them. Only nice people though :D.

cinephilia
12-31-2008, 06:14 PM
I didn't say that's wrong, hell I'm not English myself! But at least don't try to make up these super leet disses or comebacks without fully knowing English.

That's like trying to drive with one hand after reading only 50% of the instruction manual. Better to drive safe and not cocky :).

People that don't know english I help them.
Your comparison is quite stupid... why people who don't "fully" know english couldn't say what they think and even trying to be smart? I don't get your point.

KushBlow
12-31-2008, 06:21 PM

People that don't know english I help them.
Your comparison is quite stupid... why people who don't "fully" know english couldn't say what they think and even trying to be smart? I don't get your point.

I'm saying they shouldn't post smart ass comments. You know, like trying to swear in another language? It's confusing.

Now if he's helping people out or just commenting, if he needs help with English I'd be glad to help him.

But if he posts things like "you dumb than me i will send a pm and we'll see who the dumb here ;)", that's just offensive AND not proper english.

But hey Happy New Year try to be nicer guys :).

Unstable1
12-31-2008, 06:25 PM
Oh dear. Yet another forum falls foul of censorship and curtailing of free-speech. :(

With respect, Detale, I really hope you leave things alone. I'm very rarely one to get in to squabbling on here, but I do like the fact people can, within reason, pretty much say what they want.

Most forums nowadays are over-moderated and one has to constantly watch what they say. It's a real pain. I come here often to get away from that ethos whihch is all too prevelant on torrent forums for example.

Albo Da Kid
12-31-2008, 07:13 PM
.......But at least don't try to make up these super leet disses or comebacks without fully knowing English.

Why not try. This is a forum after all. Maybe he likes the disses and comebacks. That's his style.

What's your style??....How to pwn yourself in less then 5 posts? lol They say if you mess with the bull, you're bound to get the horns.

cinephilia
12-31-2008, 07:15 PM
Maybe he likes the disses and comebacks. That's his style.
What's your style??....How to pwn yourself in less then 5 posts?
:lol::lol:

Tokeman
12-31-2008, 07:26 PM
Oh dear. Yet another forum falls foul of censorship and curtailing of free-speech. :(

With respect, Detale, I really hope you leave things alone. I'm very rarely one to get in to squabbling on here, but I do like the fact people can, within reason, pretty much say what they want.

Most forums nowadays are over-moderated and one has to constantly watch what they say. It's a real pain. I come here often to get away from that ethos whihch is all too prevelant on torrent forums for example.

Well said, although here @ FST some of the arguments/comments go way way way beyond acceptable levels. Lots of hate speech and harsh words flying around, which needs to be curbed. I am okey with some squabbling though, as it makes for some interesting reading :happy:

cinephilia
12-31-2008, 07:46 PM
by the way Detale, how come none of other fst mods have posted in this thread to support your rant ? :shifty:

IdolEyes787
12-31-2008, 07:57 PM
http://www.freewebs.com/evilgerbil666/BOB-silent%20but%20deadly.png

sheriff 01
12-31-2008, 08:23 PM
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/t-pain20/1558.jpg

Maybe this will help enforce change!! :lol::lol::lol:

http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc344/t-pain20/1657.jpg

pone44
12-31-2008, 08:25 PM
Why should any other staff post here when Detale already addressed the issue?

Is a time to celebrate tonight. Have fun. To all at Fst. :holiday: :guinesssm

pentomato
12-31-2008, 08:48 PM

I'm saying they shouldn't post smart ass comments. You know, like trying to swear in another language? It's confusing.

Now if he's helping people out or just commenting, if he needs help with English I'd be glad to help him.

But if he posts things like "you dumb than me i will send a pm and we'll see who the dumb here ;)", that's just offensive AND not proper english.

But hey Happy New Year try to be nicer guys :).

Why do you get confuse when people swear in another language?

Cabalo
12-31-2008, 09:51 PM
it IS amazing that when a thread is created with the purpose of trying to impose some kind of change in the general behaviour around here, some not so bright minds come to this thread and start flaming users.
to start a discussion.
to go opposite way of what is being declared.

Artemis
12-31-2008, 11:02 PM
it IS amazing that when a thread is created with the purpose of trying to impose some kind of change in the general behaviour around here, some not so bright minds come to this thread and start flaming users.
to start a discussion.
to go opposite way of what is being declared.

Actually after reading the last couple of pages and seeing the usual suspects insulting each other as a way to get a point across, I couldn't agree more. The sheer irony that this thread has descended into exactly the kind of flame war with personal attacks on others simply to get a point of view across, is an excellent example of the state of affairs in this forum.

Debate is healthy, the different points of view are what make this forum interesting, the need to insult others to try and get a point across, simply demeans the point of view you were trying to make, and weakens your position.

ghurka
12-31-2008, 11:18 PM
Debate is healthy, the different points of view are what make this forum interesting, the need to insult others to try and get a point across, simply demeans the point of view you were trying to make, and weakens your position.I think the closest some here get to debate is what dey put on deline when dey go fishing :drummer:

Seriously though I think this thread just proves the point that detale was trying to make.

slymester
12-31-2008, 11:20 PM
i think the closest some here get to debate is what dey put on deline when dey go fishing :drummer:

lawl

TheFoX
12-31-2008, 11:33 PM
Sounds like someone has been smoking something exotic.

interwebz
12-31-2008, 11:44 PM
Sounds like someone has been smoking something exotic.

i smoke parrot.

xnugx
01-01-2009, 12:07 AM
Maybe, if the mods agree, there should be a healthy purge of crap posters on FST. I'm on a forum where this recently happened, and it's been beautiful since then. No double posts, crap threads, excessive flames, pointless one-liners to up post counts... Most threads are really constructive now, it's nice.

IdolEyes787
01-01-2009, 12:35 AM
Maybe, if the mods agree, there should be a healthy purge of crap posters on FST. I'm on a forum where this recently happened, and it's been beautiful since then. No double posts, crap threads, excessive flames, pointless one-liners to up post counts... Most threads are really constructive now, it's nice.

Wow Nazism at FST what a refreshing idea.
And who is going to determine the worthy xnugx?Hopefully for you someone not sharing my views because with an attitude like that you would certainly be a candidate for extermin I mean purging.

hagckz0r
01-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Indeed FST needs a change, I think this could be a first step to re-transform FST.

Swift
01-01-2009, 10:21 AM
Indeed FST needs a change, I think this could be a first step to re-transform FST.

you can't it's like a desise you can't cure

xnugx
01-01-2009, 10:28 AM

Wow Nazism at FST what a refreshing idea.
And who is going to determine the worthy xnugx?Hopefully for you someone not sharing my views because with an attitude like that you would certainly be a candidate for extermin I mean purging.

Mods? It's a rather blunt and simple task to delete users who don't follow the rules, namely the ones involving social conduct. After all, why have them if they aren't enforced?

And you mean exterminating? No, I'd stay to hang out with you, if you didn't get purged for nonstop quarreling. :P

peat moss
01-01-2009, 11:19 AM
@xnugx , your sig says it all .

Presto
01-01-2009, 11:22 AM
let's ban some countries, that ought to fix the problem

cinephilia
01-01-2009, 11:42 AM
for a very simple reason: supporting Detale would have proved that it's a concern for the whole staff... unfortunately, it seems he's the only one who cares about "censoring" disruptive members.
basically, Detale didn't speak under the banner of staff, he just stated his OWN opinion.

peat moss
01-01-2009, 11:55 AM
for a very simple reason: supporting Detale would have proved that it's a concern for the whole staff... unfortunately, it seems he's the only one who cares about "censoring" disruptive members.
basically, Detale didn't speak under the banner of staff, he just stated his OWN opinion.

B.S. Its like the fucking Borg around here sometimes , jmho but there's too many rules around here already .

Every join a forum to get a new copy of say Windows Black and the sysop bans you for speaking your mind ? I'd hate to see that here .

IdolEyes787
01-01-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm on a forum where this recently happened, and it's been beautiful since then. No double posts, crap threads, excessive flames, pointless one-liners to up post counts... Most threads are really constructive now, it's nice.

xnugx mind giving me the name of the forum? I've never been kicked out of anything* and I want to see what's feels like.

*Except for a few bars,my sister's wedding and of course school but who hasn't?

Artemis
01-01-2009, 01:02 PM
I've never been kicked out of anything* and I want to see what's feels like.

Just rock up to the bouncer at a local night club and tell him his sister has been down on everything except the titanic, I give you about 30 seconds after that...........:naughty:

J-dye
01-01-2009, 02:50 PM
remove detale . problem solved . thread closed

sheriff 01
01-01-2009, 03:05 PM
Where was the problem solved? :idunno:

Swift
01-01-2009, 03:49 PM

maybe but not for long:lol:

nthpeter
01-01-2009, 05:25 PM
Great morale post, but this wont change anything. Ppl change, forums change as they achieve more popularity, etc...

Detale
01-02-2009, 04:53 AM
most of the bashing comes from the older users here and it comes directly to the newcomers that start posting here without searching first and they will get ass drilled with 2-3 pages in 1 hour :dabs:that is absolutely normal and it happens even in the real life. experienced ppl make fun of freshmen/newcomers/noobs. that's just the way it is. some things can be changed(and they should be) and some can not. Well to a degree thats to be expected but when it turns personal and ugly then there's no need and I will intervene.

sorry, i wont stop you from sounding stupid in the future. that kind of attitude is awesome coming from the OP of an 'attitude needs to change' thread. did you read the majority of the post which was all about the topic and how i was trying to help? or did you just skip it, get mad, and try to "get me"? WOW well did I hit a nerve there or what? Ease up a bit twas a joke.

Oh don't get me started on PETA now. DId you see the Penn and Teller show on them? In their words "BULLSHIT!"

most of the bashing comes from the older users here and it comes directly to the newcomers that start posting here without searching first and they will get ass drilled with 2-3 pages in 1 hour :dabs:Well if somebody is just too damn lazy to look for something, even in real life, wouldn't you tell them. I know I would as I really don't like lazy gits. So if I want to have a pop at someone for not using the search facility first on any site I frequent then I will. Well you are forgiven because you're a miserable old bastard who will probably be senile in a few months anyway :P. Yeah but G I believe you know where the line between messing with someone and being nasty are.

Personally although you do have a hard edge I've never found you to bash on someone just for the hell of it .Also from actually bothering to read your posts I think that you are one of the more intelligent and thoughtful people here.

Are those wedding bells I hear?

Well I am stating not only my opinion but the fact that I will enforce the existing rules more so as the usually relaxed attitude I have seems to have given way to ugliness as of late.

B.S. Its like the fucking Borg around here sometimes , jmho but there's too many rules around here already .

Every join a forum to get a new copy of say Windows Black and the sysop bans you for speaking your mind ? I'd hate to see that here .

Peat it would never come to that. You know me better than that I would think. BS isn't the problem who among us doesn't post shit from time to time. I'm speaking more about the personal attacks and trolling or others. I don't want any new rules just affirming the old ones a bit ;)

Well that may solve some peoples problems sure, fuck it make a poll :P

But a community doesn't have nothing to do with what you are talking about, a real community there are great, bad and stupid people on it.
What would be a thanksgiving dinner without the arguments and the insults? Without the fights?
If this is a real community, there has to be peace, but people at times have to vent too and I know some mods want to dictate what we do or say (not you Detale) and that's not right.

Sorry I missed this. OK if not me what Mods are you talking about then? Also this forum doesn't have 100% free speech, there are rules to follow here. People don't fight like this at my Thanksgiving table if they did I'd throw them out too.

Cabalo
01-02-2009, 05:30 AM

:blushing: hey thanks. i wonder when will i see you with the purple stars around here...

my opinion, about this issue, and so many others, is simple.
there's much more than it meets the eye in this forum, and i don't mean only to the member's eyes, but also to the moderation team's eyes. And they know that quite well. Let's call it the "macro-politics" of the forum.
I think i've long understood what's the basic non-spoken rule around here, and sometimes discussing minor "details" is just a waste of everyone's time.

i won't go further on this, i don't want to risk look a smartass :whistling

peat moss
01-02-2009, 05:39 AM
There's so many nice people on here , if I could change anything it would be let the noobies use PM . Or let the older members PM them pointers or give invites in the back ground .

Is that so bad ?

I had to read the whole post again , I missed a lot . Detaile , your the man . I really think the board should move the mods around to different forums now and again . They get burned out putting up with the BS , this has to be the most troublesome I would guess . Not for a minute that we think your not capable but the shit your put up with is commendable .

Should never get that bad tho if you had a back up or members that gave a shit . Again JMHO tho .

Detale
01-02-2009, 05:58 AM
There's so many nice people on here , if I could change anything it would be let the noobies use PM . Or let the older members PM them pointers or give invites in the back ground .

Is that so bad ?

I had to read the whole post again , I missed a lot . Detaile , your the man . I really think the board should move the mods around to different forums now and again . They get burned out putting up with the BS , this has to be the most troublesome I would guess . Not for a minute that we think your not capable but the shit your put up with is commendable .

Should never get that bad tho if you had a back up or members that gave a shit . Again JMHO tho .
:cry:

Albo Da Kid
01-02-2009, 06:04 AM

:blushing: hey thanks. i wonder when will i see you with the purple stars around here...

We should make a poll. I would vote to replace him with skizo

Edit: Just jk lol:lol:. Skizo hasn't done anything wrong to me yet.

peat moss
01-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Ya I know I 'm talking out my ass , rules smules . Never needed them other than the 10 this forum started with . Times change , people don't .

If you don't stand for things you believe in or things you trust , fuck em . I'v been here for too long but this place is better for the people like you and yes that's just my humble opinion .:D

Ah crap my typing sux , too slow . I'm with the Detaile guy .

PlayeR
01-02-2009, 06:17 AM

Nooo..Idol, you are my fav,. So if you are chosen to be a mod here. better reject it. that's only my 2 cents.

Detale
01-02-2009, 06:27 AM

Nooo..Idol, you are my fav,. So if you are chosen to be a mod here. better reject it. that's only my 2 cents.

Whats wrong with being a Mod her may I ask??:fst:

bumrocks
01-02-2009, 06:48 AM
Very rarely do I have nothing to say on a subject...For one reason or another I seem to have nothing to offer to this thread but to say that I think this is an instant classic...

cousspized
01-02-2009, 07:26 AM
People hate traders because traders TRADE invites not USE invites

PlayeR
01-02-2009, 10:31 AM

nothing wrong and nothing bad. but it's just that I like ("like" as in from friend to friend w/o being gay) the way he is now..
but it's up to him to decide of course when he is being offered for the position

you, on the other hand, are good as a mod here :fst:...I'd hate to see if you step down

IdolEyes787
01-02-2009, 01:34 PM
that is absolutely normal and it happens even in the real life. experienced ppl make fun of freshmen/newcomers/noobs. that's just the way it is. some things can be changed(and they should be) and some can not. Well to a degree thats to be expected but when it turns personal and ugly then there's no need and I will intervene.

sorry, i wont stop you from sounding stupid in the future. that kind of attitude is awesome coming from the OP of an 'attitude needs to change' thread. did you read the majority of the post which was all about the topic and how i was trying to help? or did you just skip it, get mad, and try to "get me"? WOW well did I hit a nerve there or what? Ease up a bit twas a joke.

Oh don't get me started on PETA now. DId you see the Penn and Teller show on them? In their words "BULLSHIT!"

most of the bashing comes from the older users here and it comes directly to the newcomers that start posting here without searching first and they will get ass drilled with 2-3 pages in 1 hour :dabs:Well if somebody is just too damn lazy to look for something, even in real life, wouldn't you tell them. I know I would as I really don't like lazy gits. So if I want to have a pop at someone for not using the search facility first on any site I frequent then I will. Well you are forgiven because you're a miserable old bastard who will probably be senile in a few months anyway :P. Yeah but G I believe you know where the line between messing with someone and being nasty are.

Well I am stating not only my opinion but the fact that I will enforce the existing rules more so as the usually relaxed attitude I have seems to have given way to ugliness as of late.

Peat it would never come to that. You know me better than that I would think. BS isn't the problem who among us doesn't post shit from time to time. I'm speaking more about the personal attacks and trolling or others. I don't want any new rules just affirming the old ones a bit ;)

Well that may solve some peoples problems sure, fuck it make a poll :P

Sorry I missed this. OK if not me what Mods are you talking about then? Also this forum doesn't have 100% free speech, there are rules to follow here. People don't fight like this at my Thanksgiving table if they did I'd throw them out too.

Anyone have the Cliffs Notes version of this? I only get as far as " that is absolutely normal" .
I have the intelligence attention span of a sea anemone.

And no way who would I ever want to be a mod here.I could only be drunk some of the time then.

OK most of the time but it's still a sacrifice that I'm unwilling to make.

Besides the uniform clashes with my eyes.

Something Else
01-02-2009, 01:58 PM

But. You ARE Mr. Bullshit high-school fight personified, Shirley.

IdolEyes787
01-02-2009, 02:03 PM
And yet I don't see him going around insulting people all the time.

Something Else
01-02-2009, 02:43 PM
And yet I don't see him going around insulting people all the time.

You are obviously missing most of her posts then. :unsure:

pentomato
01-02-2009, 03:23 PM

nothing wrong and nothing bad. but it's just that I like ("like" as in from friend to friend w/o being gay) the way he is now..
but it's up to him to decide of course when he is being offered for the position

you, on the other hand, are good as a mod here :fst:...I'd hate to see if you step down

Nothing would be wrong if you were gay, I am not saying you are.

IdolEyes787
01-02-2009, 03:36 PM
As you are missing the point of my post.Let me try to make it clearer.

But. You ARE Mr. Bullshit high-school fight personified, Shirley.

Detale may overreact but I have never known him to lash out unprovoked and I for one don't blame anyone for defending themselves.

And yet I don't see him going around insulting people who don't belong to a certain clique all the time.fixed

Maybe your attitude is a British thing Benchez but personally I just put it down to you being a rather unpleasant human being.

Sorry if that's offensive to you but you've never given me any reason to think otherwise.

KushBlow
01-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Detale is a woman?

:huh:

Swift
01-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Every single human person is different and the thinking and all is different so there will still be arguments/contradictory and other flaming around here even if you'll ban lots of users I bet it will be the same

sheriff 01
01-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Idoleyes787, you have got benchez all wrong bro, he is one of the most warm and friendly members here at fst.:lol::lol::lol:

Polarbear
01-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Detale is a woman?

yes.

Popov
01-02-2009, 03:46 PM
I've been here for a month. And I've also seen the negative feeling here :/...

Cabalo
01-02-2009, 04:11 PM
:blink: where?
i fail to find it!
this forum is very positive if you know how to move around here.
if not, go buy yourself a dog !

KushBlow
01-02-2009, 04:13 PM
i fail to find it!

http://ihasahotdog.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-dog-pictures-scanners-chihuahua.jpg

J-dye
01-02-2009, 04:17 PM
:lol:

puckface
01-02-2009, 04:26 PM
Idoleyes787, you have got benchez all wrong bro, he is one of the most warm and friendly members here at fst.:lol::lol::lol:

Funniest thing I have heard all day, thanks

Swift
01-02-2009, 05:50 PM

he was sarcastic

conopida
01-02-2009, 06:12 PM

Again:
*As of late all I see is whenever someone posts there are 15 people cutting him up for some absurd reason.
*Enough with all the arguments and bullshit high school fights
*I think I'm going to be a bit tougher on the infractions for a while to clean this section up

You guys made it clear in 15 pages...I am sorry I spend my time reading,it was an loss of time,and,my personal opinion,Detale will do it with or without your approve.

puckface
01-02-2009, 06:25 PM

he was sarcastic

Yes, thank you for pointing out the obvious :)

Maybe your attitude is a British thing Benchez but personally I just put it down to you being a rather unpleasant human being.

Sorry if that's offensive to you but you've never given me any reason to think otherwise.

And for the record I agree with this 100% , also I find it funny that certain people can go around here insulting people and its cool. But others cant. I guess buddies win out eh? The reason I make this statement is because of the OP's topic, if theres gonna be a crackdown, it should be everyone.

IdolEyes787
01-02-2009, 08:00 PM
Again:
*As of late all I see is whenever someone posts there are 15 people cutting him up for some absurd reason.
*I think I'm going to be a bit tougher on the infractions for a while to clean this section up

You guys made it clear in 15 pages...I am sorry I spend my time reading,it was an loss of time,and,my personal opinion,Detale will do it with or without your approve.

Can we please vote on which is worse.

Someone who makes a harmless joke and spams a bit to invite conversation and in doing so maybe creates a little good will or someone who gives away a bunch of accounts and then proceeds to denigrate everyone all the while professing moral superiority.

I only wrote that because you good and truly deserved it.

And to spam.

puckface
01-02-2009, 08:18 PM
And to spam.

What other point do your posts ever have? :)

Cabalo
01-02-2009, 08:26 PM

Again:

your post wasn't too good either. i'm sorry i lost time reading it :shifty:

Popov
01-02-2009, 08:53 PM
i fail to find it!

all over the place man.

If someone have lost their account everyone accuses him for trader... for istance. BUT, I also like this forum really much. And most of the users are helpful members.

Artemis
01-02-2009, 11:38 PM

Sorry if that's offensive to you but you've never given me any reason to think otherwise

:glagpinch:

FACE_TO_FACE
01-02-2009, 11:47 PM
respect is a good word

Albo Da Kid
01-03-2009, 12:11 AM

Benchez warm?? lol he's the biggest donkey of them all. And I'm sick and tired of his corny two word jokes whom he ripped of someone's blog.

You are NOT funny benchez. STOP trying. your e-friends will still like you for who you are. In fact they should give you an infraction ever time you try to make a joke.

conopida
01-03-2009, 10:44 AM
your post wasn't too good either. i'm sorry i lost time reading it :shifty:
Maybe i don`t care :whistling exept,ofcourse ,if you`ll give me PEG/as

Can we please vote on which is worse.

Someone who makes a harmless joke and spams a bit to invite conversation and in doing so maybe creates a little good will or someone who gives away a bunch of accounts and then proceeds to denigrate everyone all the while professing moral superiority.

I only wrote that because you good and truly deserved it.

And to spam.
I don`t know man.It`s up to every single person.Maybe ppl should hit "report" button more often or just ignore low replays(though is hard for someone new here...).Or let the moderator to do his job.

Anyway,we should to this by pm,not here ;).Thanks for replays.

Ghostbusters
01-03-2009, 04:19 PM
Delusions of grandeur & self importance have a lot to answer for the thing with massive communities like FST is that there are 1000's of self proclaimed experts who in they're own eyes couldn't possibly be wrong when it comes to the BitTorrent world which is both a blessing and a curse.

There's are also a lot of arse licking & back stabbing here which I believe also contributes greatly to people extreme posts / views on many subjects

Funkin'
01-03-2009, 05:00 PM
all over the place man.

If someone have lost their account everyone accuses him for trader... for istance. BUT, I also like this forum really much. And most of the users are helpful members.

Because probably 95%(actually it's probably more than that) of the people that open a thread here saying they lost their account has either got caught for trading or cheating. So you can't blame members here for just assuming that when another "I lost my account, please help" thread pops up.

The latest example is Strangers thread.

KushBlow
01-03-2009, 05:05 PM
all over the place man.

Because probably 95%(actually it's probably more than that) of the people that open a thread here saying they lost their account has either got caught for trading or cheating. So you can't blame members here for just assuming that when another "I lost my account, please help" thread pops up.

True, and Swanky's. I've never seen a legit guy accused of traing or whatever. But people still think he/she cheated usually :lol:.

Popov
01-03-2009, 11:12 PM
all over the place man.

Yeah, You're probably right :).

peat moss
01-04-2009, 12:05 AM
Detale is a woman?

Does it really matter the sex of a mod ? I would think the women would carry a big hammer on this forum , does not change my respect for Detale anyway . :noes:

pentomato
01-04-2009, 02:31 AM
Detale is a woman?

Does it really matter the sex of a mod ? I would think the women would carry a big hammer on this forum , does not change my respect for Detale anyway . :noes:

Wait a second, I didn't say that women weren't competent enough to be mods, I didn't say that, the voices in your head are lying, they are wrong again lol.
Sex really matters to me, I would never have sex with a man, of course it matters. In Detale's case matters because it is nice to see a woman mod, not the usuall male mod I know everything.:).

sheriff 01
01-04-2009, 03:04 AM
By the way pentomato when a man goes out of his way to strictly point out he will not have sex with another man that just means quite the opposite.
By offering information without even being asked you are trying to clear your conscience somehow and don't worry bro i can see right through you even
though your still hiding in the closet.:lol::lol::lol:

pentomato
01-04-2009, 03:15 AM
By the way pentomato when a man goes out of his way to strictly point out he will not have sex with another man that just means quite the opposite.
By offering information without even being asked you are trying to clear your conscience somehow and don't worry bro i can see right through you even
though your still hiding in the closet.:lol::lol::lol:

:naughty:And you know that by personal experience? Did it hurt at all when you came out?:whistling
Shit you made me laugh:w00t::D:lol:

Detale
01-04-2009, 03:33 AM
LOL No guys Im not a chick.

puckface
01-04-2009, 03:41 AM
LOL No guys Im not a chick.

and who the hell would really think you are? :)

Detale
01-04-2009, 04:08 AM
Well then why did you keep asking me out??

Intr4ns1t
01-04-2009, 04:21 AM

Oh SNAP!!!!

puckface
01-04-2009, 08:06 AM

haha, who me?

shit, you wish.

The_Martinator
01-04-2009, 08:24 AM
It seems this went a bit offopic. Anyway I also think the attitude here needs to change.
If you look at some posts, the word that comes up the most is n00b. It says under my avatar and I can read. I'm a n00b at some areas of bittorrent and not at others, mind you.

If someone thinks they're an expert on the subject, then why not enlighten me or anyone who's asking. If you have time to write that I'm a n00b, then take some more time and explain to me so I won't be anymore.

Albo Da Kid
01-04-2009, 08:30 AM
If you look at some posts, the word that comes up the most is n00b. It says under my avatar and I can read. I'm a n00b at some areas of bittorrent and not at others, mind you.

You have the option to edit the user title from noob to anytihng you want. Go in User CP and click on edit details. Maybe they'll stop calling you a noob from now on.

Artemis
01-04-2009, 08:36 AM

You have the option to edit the user title from noob to anytihng you want. Go in User CP and click on edit details. Maybe they'll stop calling you a noob from now on.

You only have the option to edit your title after the initial one month period once you become a poster.

The_Martinator
01-04-2009, 08:37 AM
Lol, thanks. Maybe I'll do that. I'll change it to let's say l33t.

EDIT: Artemis, that's what I thought.

cinephilia
01-04-2009, 08:40 AM
it's obvious, the attitude around here needs to change :coffee:

Dr_Green_Thumb
01-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Your all grounded.

peat moss
01-19-2009, 04:33 AM
Your all grounded.

Nice one buddie , good to see the Hockey fans are the smart ones . :happy:

Detale
01-19-2009, 06:45 AM
Smart..maybe, Toothless......Absolutely

Peat's facebook photo
http://blog.molson.com/community/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/true-fan.png

Cabalo
01-19-2009, 06:59 AM
/sarcasm

Swift
01-19-2009, 07:03 AM
/sarcasm

orly ?:D

getting rid of the bad users is a start like the ones that fellow users caught

Detale
01-19-2009, 07:12 AM
Spam is OK to a degree until it turns ugly. Basically funny and good natured is OK the other shit is not. I have seen an improvement around here already.

apextwin146
01-19-2009, 07:15 AM
Improvement or a lack of activity ?

Cabalo
01-19-2009, 07:16 AM
i've seen a noticeable increase in the intervention of the mod team around here too.
The FST-fire-department ! :)

Improvement or a lack of activity ?
odd, i thought about that too... maybe because it was sunday ?

Detale
01-19-2009, 07:17 AM
@Apex a bit of both I guess.

FSTFD FTW :)

apextwin146
01-19-2009, 07:25 AM
Well everything has its pros and cons .. Hope this has more Pros for the board as a whole ..
Yeah the mod intervention is certainly more and they arnt just kidding this time with posts like " Any spam post after this will get a infraction .. Consider this a warning "
Some1 is watching a lot of Action movies lately ..

Cabalo
01-19-2009, 07:25 AM
FSTFD!
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/thumb/d/de/250px-FiremanSam.jpg

from left to right:
guy with the moustache - idoleyes (the army time took a toll on him)
thumbsup dude - detale (keep it real y'all)
the blonde girl (?) - it's a blonde girl, right?
the tall one hiding the ipod - rock n' rolla dude TSOL

apextwin146
01-19-2009, 07:27 AM
:) :) ... Detale looks too happy for it to be true .. Blonde can just be Tralalalalalalallaa

harshytkage
01-19-2009, 06:06 PM
FSTFD!

from left to right:

nice one cabalo

soulreaper
01-19-2009, 06:55 PM
I think this had to happen at some point and I suspect the departure of older members prompted this. I think the ambience of a forum is greatly dictated by it's staff.
It's nice when the mods are laid back and allow a bit of freedom but then members also need to reciprocate well. Try being hostile on bitmetv, you'd be banned before your second post. I wouldn't like to see FST go in bmtv's direction but a little more rule enforcement is a welcome change.

IdolEyes787
01-19-2009, 06:59 PM
FSTFD!

from left to right:

Watch it I'm trained in the use of deadly force you know.

Magnum
01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
FSTFD!

from left to right:

Watch it I'm trained in the use of deadly force you know.

The guy with the mustache is the boss,if you look carefully :)
Is the platoon commander...

ghurka
01-19-2009, 11:49 PM
Watch it I'm trained in the use of deadly force you know.True....I heard you could wipe out a whole platoon just by taking your socks off :P

IdolEyes787
01-19-2009, 11:58 PM
One sock off.

nikita
01-20-2009, 12:17 AM
http://msnbcmedia.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photo/_new/080811-obama-book-vmed-740a.widec.jpg

Peanut
01-21-2009, 02:24 AM
ya no more fights, more infractions lol ,
-but ya i agree,