PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to know more about FTN

The_Martinator
01-03-2009, 09:25 PM
I know a lot of you have been there. You got all the trackers you need and then you hear about FTN. It supposedly has everything, the speed the pretimes and the community.

Well that's not enough info for me. I heard it has more threads in the forums than it has torrents. That's pretty impressive! But I'd like to know more. Atm, I'd like to join a community oriented tracker, not one that has lightning fast speed (though good speed doesn't hurt :D)

Btw, I'm not gonna make a request here (the trade section of the forums freaks me out, I'm against trading), cause I'm not very active here, I'm hoping to get it somwhere where I'm more active (another forum).

So any things about FTN you know (as a member or just stuff you heard, I think it'd be fun to see if it lives up to the hype if I happen to join some day).

dragoi92
01-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Goodbye n00b

cinephilia
01-03-2009, 09:30 PM
i think this post is a good summary:

I was running after FTN like mads, when i login, i was like WTF ! ! !
There was/is nothing except some TV/Movie which are everywhere available.
so why on earth we have to ask like mads to enter FTN or ScT when we can get everything from IPTorrents or some other trackers.

I recommend IPTorrents for everything and no need to break your brain searching FTN or ScT.

But still, give a try, try to find a FTN account and see yourself ;)

vic
01-03-2009, 09:34 PM

I was running after FTN like mads, when i login, i was like WTF ! ! !
There was/is nothing except some TV/Movie which are everywhere available.
so why on earth we have to ask like mads to enter FTN or ScT when we can get everything from IPTorrents or some other trackers.

I recommend IPTorrents for everything and no need to break your brain searching FTN or ScT.

But still, give a try, try to find a FTN account and see yourself ;)

it is an old comment probably because today ScT has one of the biggest and widest range content out there

The_Martinator
01-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Thanks, cinephilia. But like I said I'm not after it for the content, I'm looking for a great community (not that FST isn't one, lol). For instance, I'm trying to learn PS and if they have a section of the forums dedicated to that, it'd be great. Just an example.

dragoi92, if you think, I'm a noob, then so be it. Your problem. PM me with as many insults as posible, just don't spam my thread. Please.

alma
01-03-2009, 09:37 PM
gft has the biggest and widest range content out there

cinephilia
01-03-2009, 09:38 PM

it is an old comment probably because today ScT has one of the biggest and widest range content out there
this comments has been posted yesterday.
IPT has no reason to be jealous of ScT (except for pre's).

vic
01-03-2009, 09:40 PM

i don't know much about ipt but the packs i've seen on sct are one of the best out there and it's free leech.

The_Martinator
01-03-2009, 09:43 PM

Actually I have something to add here. ScT has a bit more content IMHO. Big packs, like all seasons of Friends (just an example). As for new scenereleases, you're right.

Now, back on topic, I can't believe you haven't heard anything.

piratebot
01-03-2009, 09:46 PM
Thanks, cinephilia. But like I said I'm not after it for the content, I'm looking for a great community (not that FST isn't one, lol). For instance, I'm trying to learn PS and if they have a section of the forums dedicated to that, it'd be great. Just an example.

dragoi92, if you think, I'm a noob, then so be it. Your problem. PM me with as many insults as posible, just don't spam my thread. Please.
Well why don't you join a regular forum "for the community"? Why aren't you interested in the content of FTN? FTN is a bittorrent tracker by the way. Do you know that?

Popov
01-03-2009, 09:54 PM
Goodbye n00b

ooh, congratulations !. You've just got the prize for "the dumbest post today" !!
:naughty:

btw, to TS, if you want good tutorials for PS, check this site out: www.goodtutorials.com

FTN is like GFT, there's just more packs. So if you have GFT and some other tracker like TTi or something that's enough...

01-03-2009, 09:55 PM
revoke my previous statement

The_Martinator
01-03-2009, 09:55 PM
Piratebot, that was just an example.
Here's another one: a tracker that has, let's say staff picks. Many users download that stuff and then they discuss it in the forums. Plus they're, let's say 2x upload. Is FTN anything like that. And of course file sharing is even more fun if you actually know people you're sharing with.

EDIT: Thanks Popov. The site is under construction, though.
105802, I know you from somewhere else and I wouldn't have thought you have anything against n00bs. We don't all know everything. I'm removing you from my friends list there.

01-03-2009, 10:14 PM
Here's another one: a tracker that has, let's say staff picks. Many users download that stuff and then they discuss it in the forums. Plus they're, let's say 2x upload. Is FTN anything like that. And of course file sharing is even more fun if you actually know people you're sharing with.

105802, I know you from somewhere else and I wouldn't have thought you have anything against n00bs. We don't all know everything. I'm removing you from my friends list there.

thats colddddd m8 , was just havin a laugh , but fair do's i respect your decision

Enlightened
01-03-2009, 10:16 PM
I know a lot of you have been there. You got all the trackers you need and then you hear about FTN. It supposedly has everything, the speed the pretimes and the community.

That is a Vicious Rumor......don't beleive it, What is FTN , BTW, What does that abbreviation stands for?....:01:

The_Martinator
01-03-2009, 10:17 PM
You want me to PM you what it stands for, or what?
I'm a little confused.

105802, I don't think you were having fun. I think you think that this is how this forum works. You bash noobs and you get more respected (I hope that's not the case).

Does anyone have anything to tell me that's actually about FTN? I know I'm new here but I'm not asking for an invite.

ben99
01-03-2009, 10:32 PM
You want me to PM you what it stands for, or what?
I'm a little confused.

105802, I don't think you were having fun. I think you think that this is how this forum works. You bash noobs and you get more respected (I hope that's not the case).

Does anyone have anything to tell me that's actually about FTN? I know I'm new here but I'm not asking for an invite.

its good, especially the tv show forum.

jars
01-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Users don't flame each other like they do on here, that's for sure.

pone44
01-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Not a member but from the review-No ratio.. On the on double upload post. How is that a example?

Cabalo
01-03-2009, 11:18 PM
for all i've read, you don't need FTN, because you already have FST. simple.

cinephilia
01-03-2009, 11:21 PM

Actually I have something to add here. ScT has a bit more content IMHO.
it's not a matter of opinion, it's a matter of facts:

IPT : 29072 torrents
ScT: 22737 torrents

ben99
01-03-2009, 11:51 PM
Actually I have something to add here. ScT has a bit more content IMHO.

you could probably make the case though that the torrents on sct are going to be better seeded and going to be faster to dl though.

integral
01-04-2009, 12:05 AM
why would anyone join FTN because of a photoshop thread/section? if i'm not mistaken there's forums dedicated to that and only that, not just a thread in a torrent tracker forum.

FTN is a scene torrent tracker. it has pretty good packs. it has decent forums, but the forums aren't the most spectacular and amazing forums on the face of the Internet. it's a relatively small tracker looking for worthy individuals rather than peer increase.

Here's a small tip. If your only reasoning for joining a small community tracker is that you only want the tracker to help you, then chances are you won't be happy or satisfied there. I like to think of being on private trackers as a 'give-and-take' situation; the smaller the tracker, the bigger your 'give' should be. :)

Albo Da Kid
01-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Well that's not enough info for me. I heard it has more threads in the forums than it has torrents. That's pretty impressive! But I'd like to know more. Atm, I'd like to join a community oriented tracker, not one that has lightning fast speed (though good speed doesn't hurt :D)

Why don't you go for Scl. It's a community based tracker and a lot easier to get.

TakeMS
01-04-2009, 01:06 AM
or go iTS if u want trakcer with no torrents and quiet forum

so quiet , very so quiet. i think iTS is IRC chanel only. :w00t:

Albo Da Kid
01-04-2009, 01:12 AM
^^lol for once TakeMs makes a good point

pone44
01-04-2009, 01:23 AM
I like I*s. But i am not takms.

All members have different opinions.

Definitely! Lol

^^lol for once TakeMs makes a good point

iam1337
01-04-2009, 01:33 AM
I have FTN, what do you want to know?

Out of the 3 content based trackers I use, it is my least favorite.

ScT
TL
FTN

In that order.

Pudenry
01-04-2009, 04:45 AM

ScT still has more content, the overall number of torrents doesn't mean shit. For example, IPT music uploads are done individualy, there is around 6000 of them on the tracker. ScT uploads the latest releases as a pack every day (well most days). There are over 300 MP3 packs on ScT, lets estimate conservativley that each pack contains 60 releases on average so there is 18,000 of what would be called torrents on IPT.

There is also the 0Day packs which are released at ScT when apps are uploaded individually at IPT. The movie packs and TV packs aswell. A search for "pack ipt" yields 88 results at IPT and they are fairly small packs also. ScT has nearly 700 TV packs and about 180 Movie packs (which are on average considerably larger in size than IPT packs).

th0r
01-04-2009, 06:25 AM
Does anyone have anything to tell me that's actually about FTN?As Cabalo said earlier, you only know what you read here about FTN; your observations are quite accurate and conclusive, actually, all a non-member needs to know, really. I mean, besides hype, what other kinds of things were you expecting to hear?

Albo Da Kid
01-04-2009, 06:30 AM
OP it's not as hard as it looks to get ftn. I say go for it.. make a request heren in FST and see how it goes.

Funkin'
01-04-2009, 06:37 AM
OP it's not as hard as it looks to get ftn.

No it's not...if you're known. And I'm not sure if this OP is known or not around various forums. I say the forums he's most active on, put in a request here. If he puts one in here I'm not sure how much luck he will have since he's so new.

basilhaydens
01-04-2009, 06:42 AM
I like FTN better than other sites because it is smaller and has been very slow to grow, unlike SCT which sells invites, so it is more secure, but not so small to be stagnant. It's got the same content and lots of the same users as other places, but it has a nice feel to it. For example, FTN staff seem more chill than other sites. Rarely do you see warnings on people's accounts. Plus they seem to have some big things lined up.

I don't use torrents much lately, but when I do, I use FTN because I can leech whatever I want and then hit and run it a few hours later if I feel like it and I don't have to think about ratio and keeping up with my 5mbit upload (SCT) nor do I have to think about some long ass seeding time (FSC).

The forums are decent, nothing that special honestly, but the community does have a niceness to it that can't really be explained in a post. YOu have to try it to understand.

The_Martinator
01-04-2009, 06:53 AM
Thanks for the info, basilhaydens. That's the kind of post I was looking for. I think I will go for it.

Albo the Kid, I am a member of ScL. It's good, nothing more.

The sad truth is that we're all sort of collectors. I could probably do fine without FTN as I'm a member of many hard to get trackers. I guess it's human nature, to want what you can't have.

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 09:50 AM
Alright, some more guys are probably detouring you from what you want. I say - don't let them get to you, they didn't get to me :). Are you really gonna stop chasing FTN because some people here said it has the same content than on other trackers? I think I know for myself what I want.

Truth is, and I quote:

FtN successfully combines the best of everything all rolled up into one tracker: no ratio system; great pre-times and content; plus it’s an awesome community with a thriving forum. Amazingly, it’s the only tracker known to have more individual forum threads than they do torrents.You know I don't really care if it has the same content. I'll just download it from there. It's no ratio, remember? And the community? Well I think it's mostly like FST but friendlier :lol:. Add a great design and great speeds and pre-times, and there is my reason why I will never give up on it.

EDIT: But I'm probably different than you guys, because I love ScL. Figures...

Ciao :)

cinephilia
01-04-2009, 09:52 AM
it's so easy to find some pretexts to legitimate your wishes...

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 09:56 AM

You can believe what you want, you probably believe 80% of people who post threads are cheaters or traders too, but I know for myself what I wrote and what's real.

Although I'm a realist and I know that without money I will not get it...so no chance for me - at least let me post some good about it.

cinephilia
01-04-2009, 10:03 AM

You can believe what you want, you probably believe 80% of people who post threads are cheaters or traders too, but I know for myself what I wrote and what's real.

Although I'm a realist and I know that without money I will not get it...so no chance for me - at least let me post some good about it.
i'm sure you're a good and honnest torrent user but hunting FTN like you do and being willing to donate or suck any dick to get into a tracker that you overestimate is pretty upsetting in my opinion.

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 10:12 AM

i'm sure you're a good and honnest torrent user but hunting FTN like you do and being willing to donate or suck any dick to get into a tracker that you overestimate is pretty upsetting in my opinion.

I just said more or less I would never pay to get into a tracker (even FTN), sorry if you didn't understand me. And the only thing I suck is popsicles :dry:.

Albo Da Kid
01-04-2009, 10:36 AM

(even FTN) :dry:.

look how elegantly he puts it. "even FTN"... lol like it means the world to him

Serious question. How much sleep have you lost because of it?? If less then a week than even killercam101 deserves it more than you.

The_Martinator
01-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the info, KushBlow. the truth is I haven't been around ScL much. I'll be checking it out more from now on.

cinephilia
01-04-2009, 10:39 AM
Thanks for the info, KushBlow. the truth is I haven't been around ScL much. I'll be checking it out more from now on.
yeah, using your trackers before asking for other ones is a pretty good idea.

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 10:41 AM
(even FTN) :dry:.

look how elegantly he puts it. "even FTN"... lol like it means the world to him

Serious question. How much sleep have you lost because of it?? If less then a week than even killercam101 deserves it more than you.

Just give up now dude. You obviously have no idea what I meant, and how the torrent world works. I'll let someone else explain it.

Oh and btw I guess you're too busy making useless threads to notice Detale's attitude post? Great job man, he wants to improve the community and you don't have any respect for him. What do you care even if something did mean the world to me. I know you what you do with your teddy bear at night but I don't say anything about that now do I?

No problem man, I think it's a great tracker :). You should give it a shot.

The_Martinator
01-04-2009, 11:17 AM
yeah, using your trackers before asking for other ones is a pretty good idea.

I didn't say I don't use it. I just use others more.
Btw, I don't use Demonoid at all. I'm guessing I'm not allowed to ask for any trackers now, right?
FYI, I'm not asking for an invite, I'm asking for info. If you have some, please share.

Albo Da Kid
01-04-2009, 11:19 AM
lol KushBlow as I said before. If you weren't too busy daydreaming of ftn(or smoking that purple), you would understand that the BR thread does not interfeer with Detale's thread at all , nor it is affecting his plan. Bashing another site which has been "bashing" FST for the longest, is disrespect to Detale now?? lol where do you come up with this stuff?...

About your dream...Take some advice from cinephilia or else it's going to remain a dream.

cinephilia
01-04-2009, 11:24 AM
you already know my opinion about your whimsies, no need to 'hijack' your thread anymore.

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 11:26 AM
lol KushBlow as I said before. If you weren't too busy daydreaming of ftn(or smoking that purple), you would understand that the BR thread does not interfeer with Detale's thread at all , nor it is affecting his plan. Bashing another site which has been "bashing" FST for the longest, is disrespect to Detale now?? lol where do you come up with this stuff?...

About your dream...Take some advice from cinephilla or else it's going to remain a dream.

I have other aspirations in life lol, I was talking about FTN being my torrent dream :blink:. And what's wrong with purp.

i'm not talking about your bR thread either, I'm talking about you trying to start something with me or trying to be like TakeMS. Either way, it failed.

And yes I take advice from everybody here, albeit with a grain of salt :dry:.

qaazaa
01-04-2009, 11:29 AM
yeah ftn is a good site need if you get a chance to be a member one day good luck

The_Martinator
01-04-2009, 11:29 AM
you already know my opinion about your whimsies, no need to 'hijack' your thread anymore.

So now you're l33t, and have an invite, I presume. also you're using big words so I have to go look in the dictionary. Cool!

I'm not saying you shouldn't hijack my thread. By all means, do. Just not with tips on how to get there, but with ones about the actual site. Tbh, I'm not expecting to get there soon. I know many people who deserve it more than I do (not here though).

Albo Da Kid
01-04-2009, 11:32 AM
^Well let's hope your rationality takes you to you destination(ftn) I'd really be happy to see you succeed.

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 11:37 AM
^Well let's hope your rationality takes you to you destination(ftn) I'd really be happy to see you succeed.

Well thanks although that will not happen. Like I said I'm a realist :).

cinephilia
01-04-2009, 11:47 AM

so realist that you requested it in mamacita's thread :shifty:

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 11:48 AM

Yeah after that I realized it's not gonna happen. :cry:

ben99
01-04-2009, 04:24 PM

especially not with a black rabbit as your avatar....

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 04:44 PM

especially not with a black rabbit as your avatar....

But he's cute :shifty:.

kallieb
01-04-2009, 07:35 PM
I'll try to post something on track ;)

If all you want are torrents, go to Zamunda or Demonoid.

If you want more than that, consider your needs specific to: content, speed, community and security. If one is more important than another, zero in on that and there's going to be a site out there that fits. Be watchful of falling into the habit of "collecting" sites as it's a waste of a spot, and not respectful to the community.

Personally, I found FSC covers all four bases really well; but that's my POV and each person is different. If community is your strongest need and you still want a bit of torrenting, a site like Revolt is great where the tracker is really an after-though for members to share stuff on request or general fun/interest.

My two cents... good luck :)

merwais
01-04-2009, 07:50 PM

you could probably make the case though that the torrents on sct are going to be better seeded and going to be faster to dl though.

Mate, if you are not at IPT, no need to argue :noes:
As i have 25Mbit connection, i can max my speed on all IPT torrents.

IPT have 1500+ Freeleech torrents including great latest Movies ;)
IPT always making freeleech Repack releases.

but still every tracker have a plus !

ScT is good on his own Place and IPT is on his own !

Just in my point of view, IPT is better then ScT.
I don't care 2-3 minutes late pre timing :P i can wait 2-3 minutes :P

P.S: if you are searching for FTN account then you are wasting your time, better join RevTT - TL or IPT. they are 15x better then FTN ! :yup:

Brandon
01-05-2009, 12:48 AM

Check your PM.

becomehokage
01-05-2009, 01:07 AM

Check your PM.
What about this? :/ they moved it in the shite section...how rude :( http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-shite-forum-159/t-ftn-staffers-have-mercy-326919
I mean cmon now ftn needs some decent and active users :/

cstrik3
01-05-2009, 01:23 AM
I'm very happy with TL and SCC.

TL for content and SCC for packs..

Both have greats speeds.. so i don't need more..

I think FTN isn't better than the other trackers i mentioned, only the simple reason to be rare to get an account or something because everything is just like so "secret."

becomehokage
01-05-2009, 01:25 AM

I think FTN isn't better than the other trackers i mentioned, only the simple reason to be rare to get an account or something because everything is just like so "secret."
Well theres a difference. FTN is NOT a p2l tracker...its a moral matter.

cstrik3
01-05-2009, 01:32 AM

Well theres a difference. FTN is NOT a p2l tracker...

p2l? you mean p2p? yes i know but anyway i am not interested in ftn.:cool: .. have stuff enough..:P

becomehokage
01-05-2009, 01:34 AM
Well theres a difference. FTN is NOT a p2l tracker...

p2l? you mean p2p? yes i know but anyway i am not interested in ftn.:cool:
Oh ofc you dont need to be interested.Its your personal opinion.
(I ment pay 2 leech )

BRANDON can you hear me out there? Get me in!! You wont be dissapointed.

merwais
01-05-2009, 03:10 AM
p2l? you mean p2p? yes i know but anyway i am not interested in ftn.:cool:
(I ment pay 2 leech )

Pay 2 Leech :noes:

TL never forced anyone to donate, it depends on you, if you like their service, you can donate and help them.

Same FTN, FTN is no ratio tracker but still they are asking for donation same like TL. it depends on you, Donate if you wish ;)

johall
01-05-2009, 03:16 AM
(I ment pay 2 leech )

Pay 2 Leech :noes:

TL never forced anyone to donate, it depends on you, if you like their service, you can donate and help them.

Same FTN, FTN is no ratio tracker but still they are asking for donation same like TL. it depends on you, Donate if you wish ;)

TL you can only donate to get pretty much no ratio....on the other hand FTN is no ratio period whether you donate or not...kinda different if you ask me

Polarbear
01-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Personally, I found FSC covers all four bases really well; but that's my POV and each person is different. If community is your strongest need and you still want a bit of torrenting, a site like Revolt is great where the tracker is really an after-though for members to share stuff on request or general fun/interest.

listen to this lady, kids.

benficao
01-05-2009, 11:19 AM

listen to this lady, kids.

:lol: know is gonna start trading demonoids for thoese 2.

cinephilia
01-05-2009, 12:33 PM
http://i39.tinypic.com/2e5nt47.jpg

Popov
01-05-2009, 12:42 PM

So what did this have to do with FTN ?. Why can't you just do that shit without tell anyone ?. Seriously, grow up ! :frusty:

btw, I don't think he cares ;)

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 12:42 PM

:lol: Why the hostility.

cinephilia
01-05-2009, 12:53 PM
So what did this have to do with FTN ?. Why can't you just do that shit without tell anyone ?. Seriously, grow up ! :frusty:
as far as i know, your useless post doesn't seem to be related to FTN either.
oh and read the custom title underneath my avatar, i made it for people like you.

ps: don't reply, i won't pay any attention to your post (no need to hijack this thread).

benficao
01-05-2009, 02:18 PM

:whistling allready added u ! :yup:
dam youre COOL!!!! like me pleaseeeeeeeeee!!!!
How will i ever enter a level 1000 tracker whitouth you friendship? buaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!
http://i42.tinypic.com/23hxc2q.gif

The_Martinator
01-05-2009, 05:39 PM
While it is great that my thread has turned into a flame war, I would have liked to see some more ontopic posts. I guess you can never have everything, eh.

Anyway, thanks to all that shared their info, experience, etc..

Now my thoughts. While I've heard that FSC is great, I don't know anyone there. I do know people who are members at FTN, so then I at least have theoretical chances of getting there. I don't know FSC's share index into details atm, but with my crappy home connection, I'd like a no ratio tracker more.

About TL, IPT, SCC, ScT,... I'm also a member at all of them. They all have their flaws, but nevertheless they are all very good sites.
IPT is easy to get and therefore has a lot of douches, the same goes for TL. Just visit their IRC or forums and see for yourself (not that there aren't nice people there also, actually the nice ones are in the majority, but it still leaves a bitter taste).
SCC and SCT are great, but you have to keep ratios there. I share a SB sometimes, but it's still hard. I do love the FL packs on both (actually I've seeded one of SCT's packs to 2:1 in a few months on SCT- my home up speed it 30KB/s). I like the communities, but I can't say they're great.

cstrik3
01-05-2009, 05:58 PM

You are the best!! :geptard:

keep posting like this :pimp:

basilhaydens
01-05-2009, 05:59 PM
I found FSC to be very overrated. The lack of torrent activity is just awful. They require like 120 hours of seed time or something ridiculous to get that share index thing, while FTN has a 48 hour requirement which is not enforced the past few months.
The feel at FSC is that a couple of tightly knit friends compliment each other and the staff way too much and it feels pretty :ghey: with the funspace and shit like that. Seeing how difficult it is to get an invite and how little action there is in the torrent section, I don't think you should bother.

NippleCake
01-05-2009, 06:10 PM
I found FSC to be very overrated. The lack of torrent activity is just awful. They require like 120 hours of seed time or something ridiculous to get that share index thing, while FTN has a 48 hour requirement which is not enforced the past few months.
The feel at FSC is that a couple of tightly knit friends compliment each other and the staff way too much and it feels pretty :ghey: with the funspace and shit like that. Seeing how difficult it is to get an invite and how little action there is in the torrent section, I don't think you should bother.

right.. ..but what are you doing about the torrenting activity? i always see people complaining about this, but i take it they dont leech there? if everyone who complained leeched, the site would have brilliant torrent activity. as for the funspace, its something different and interesting, its probably better than anything you have come up with. if you think the site sucks why did you hang about there? :happy:

basilhaydens
01-05-2009, 06:25 PM
I didn't hang around long. When I did, I did so out of respect for my inviter (staff). Then I had him disable the account it was so disappointing, why do I need to make a difference by leeching from a site that is a pain to use and not likable?

The_Martinator
01-05-2009, 06:26 PM
120 hours is a lot. Not that I don'tseed that long, but sometimes you can have connectivity problems, etc.

48 hours is the same as GFT (which is very good also btw), and it sounds about right.

Like I said I seed stuff for longer than 48 or 72 or even a 120 hours, but if you know the required seed time is shorter, you aren't as nervous when downloading something.

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 06:26 PM
FTN > them IMO.

EDIT: Don't flame me, that's just my opinion. Maybe because I'm a fanboy :D.

EDIT #2: Brandon check yours :). I'm still in shock...joy shock.

Swift
01-05-2009, 06:31 PM
another thread gone wild !

The_Martinator
01-05-2009, 06:33 PM
Not if I can help it lol.

dragoi92
01-05-2009, 06:35 PM
FTN > them IMO.

EDIT: Don't flame me, that's just my opinion. Maybe because I'm a fanboy :D.

EDIT #2: Brandon check yours :). I'm still in shock...joy shock.

So are u now member in FTN or not?

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 06:37 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about.

:mellow:

dragoi92
01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about.

:mellow:

U know what i am talking

The_Martinator
01-05-2009, 06:42 PM
Why all the noob questions, dragoi92, lol?
You can do that in a PM, you know. Besides it's up to KushBlow to tell us where he's a member and where not. Maybe he'll add a FTN userbar, maybe not. His choice.

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 06:44 PM
Why all the noob questions, dragoi92, lol?
You can do that in a PM, you know. Besides it's up to KushBlow to tell us where he's a member and where not. Maybe he'll add a FTN userbar, maybe not. His choice.

Thanks for those wise words :).

I hope it's ok I added you to my friend list? You seem like a great guy.

The_Martinator
01-05-2009, 06:49 PM
OK, I've added you. Thanks for the compliment. Added you. Normally I'd do this in a PM myself, but I'm still a noob here, so no PMs atm, lol.

Ontopic, here's a question, just for fun. How many themes does FTN have?

The_Martinator
01-26-2009, 05:33 PM
I thought I'd bump my thread. I've done some research and've found out why someone who's not a collector or trader would like to have FTN.

- it's really hard to get there, so every single invitee is checked (the chances of the law getting there are minute)
- the required seed times are low, therefore there's lots of leechers (similar to GFT, but with more members)
- the forums are fun

Conclusion: A tracker I'd like to check out and would use a lot, but I will survive without it (even without it's logo appearing in my dreams, lol). For now GFT will do. Maybe some day.

Ok, so if anyone has anymore info...

Funkin'
01-26-2009, 05:57 PM
So you are implying that FTN has some type of application process, since you think that every single invitee are checked before joining? This must be new. :blink:

The_Martinator
01-26-2009, 06:07 PM
No, just that invites aren't given just to anyone. The inviter knows his invitee.

Btw, I'm not a member, this is just what I've heard, so it can all be wrong.

Cabalo
01-26-2009, 06:17 PM
No, just that invites aren't given just to anyone. The inviter knows his invitee.

only few days for you to have access to the requests section and ask for FTN. :naughty:

The_Martinator
01-26-2009, 06:24 PM

only few days for you to have access to the requests section and ask for FTN. :naughty:

See the two stars under my name? I already do :naughty:
Still I'm not gonna.

Cabalo
01-26-2009, 08:10 PM

See the two stars under my name? I already do :naughty:
Still I'm not gonna yet.
/fixed :happy:

The_Martinator
01-26-2009, 08:13 PM
How about you just sending me one then, eh?
Cause I know you hate to see to many req threads.

Anyway, do you have anything to say that's on topic?

Swift
01-26-2009, 08:20 PM
check cabalo's signature

iam1337
01-26-2009, 08:45 PM
I thought I'd bump my thread. I've done some research and've found out why someone who's not a collector or trader would like to have FTN.

- it's really hard to get there, so every single invitee is checked (the chances of the law getting there are minute)
- the required seed times are low, therefore there's lots of leechers (similar to GFT, but with more members)
- the forums are fun

Conclusion: A tracker I'd like to check out and would use a lot, but I will survive without it (even without it's logo appearing in my dreams, lol). For now GFT will do. Maybe some day.

Ok, so if anyone has anymore info...

How is a invitee checked? Seriously, come on....

Alot of leechers? No there arent alot of leechers..on a tv show like 24? yes...but not alot on other stuff..

you guys crack me up sometimes...

The_Martinator: I would get over FTN and move on to something else, not only do you make assumptions of the site without being a member, but you most likely will never be one. FTN is alot stricter now than a year ago.

The_Martinator
01-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Maybe you should read my posts after that one..

As for the leechers, that was just speculations. I'm not a member. I hope you are or you may be cracking up actual members, lol.

pig098
01-26-2009, 08:59 PM
goodbye n00b

lol

Cabalo
01-26-2009, 09:46 PM

Alot of leechers? No there arent alot of leechers..on a tv show like 24? yes...but not alot on other stuff..

The_Martinator: I would get over FTN and move on to something else, not only do you make assumptions of the site without being a member, but you most likely will never be one. FTN is alot stricter now than a year ago.
:yup: very correct.
I'll be awaiting for another failed ftn request here at FST. i'm getting tired of seeing too many insinuations "i'm not a member :( bla bla bla"

about FTN, just leave the site alone. It's getting the El Dorado for users with crap connections and/or lazy users, and that's not good for the site.

The_Martinator
01-26-2009, 09:59 PM

:yup: very correct.
I'll be awaiting for another failed ftn request here at FST. i'm getting tired of seeing too many insinuations "i'm not a member :( bla bla bla"

about FTN, just leave the site alone. It's getting the El Dorado for users with crap connections and/or lazy users, and that's not good for the site.

Well, you might wait for a long time. A crappy connection I have, lazy am I not, so...
At any rate, this thread is your chance to bash FTN, so the many FTN reqs won't bother you as much. Get to work!

Di@monds
01-26-2009, 10:10 PM
goodbye n00b

lol

he got the point

Albo Da Kid
01-26-2009, 10:14 PM
At any rate, this thread is your chance to bash FTN, so the many FTN reqs won't bother you as much. Get to work!

What a thing to say.. don't you know that FTN requests keep this place alive??

The_Martinator
01-26-2009, 10:17 PM

What a thing to say.. don't you know that FTN requests keep this place alive??
I do, but Cabalo doesn't seem to like tham as much as you...

Cabalo
01-26-2009, 10:37 PM
i like them as much as albo! and he knows it.
i even have a alarm set for this site when a new one pops up.

Albo Da Kid
01-26-2009, 10:45 PM
Martinor, let me show you how to join ftn..It's not as hard as it seems. You look like a smart guy.

If you play any sports or so, go to the ftn irc channel and tell them that you will sponsor their site by wearing a jersey with FTN written on it during a match. This is what my friend did to join Uk-*.
He video taped his season finale game, and at the end of the game there was an short interview. He gave a shot out to Squizzle and the whole Uk-* staff and mentioned how great their site was, and how great it had became... guess what, in less then 24 hours he was invited by Squizzle himself.

I'm not saying you have to do the exact same thing to get into ftn, but being creative always helps....And if that doesn't work you can always try by a request explaining how you had recently failed.

I'm in no way jokking about this. If you take my advice i will wish you Good Luck:D

The_Martinator
01-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Lol, you could try to read my nick before you insult my intelligence. even if that would have worked, I'm not desperate. But thanks for posting. I'm gonna do a FTN search on Youtube right now.

Albo Da Kid
01-26-2009, 10:57 PM
I really wasn't joking. As i said you didn't have to try the same exact tactics, but being a little slick wouldn't hurt.
Why do you think half of the members in here aren't members yet?? it's because they lack will. Whoever wants ftn, knows how to get it..trust me when i say so

mark_over_mars
01-26-2009, 11:35 PM
that is so easy ,,, if u are interested in : games ,, movies ,, series ..etc and will seed for a good time ,,, it will be excellent .. no ratio with good seeding/leeching system

Di@monds
01-27-2009, 12:06 AM
wou 11 pages, ftn does keep this place running lol

xbawksz
01-27-2009, 04:15 PM
no ratio
awesome packs
great community

you know, the usual :D

dragoi92
01-27-2009, 04:26 PM
Martinor, let me show you how to join ftn..It's not as hard as it seems. You look like a smart guy.

If you play any sports or so, go to the ftn irc channel and tell them that you will sponsor their site by wearing a jersey with FTN written on it during a match. This is what my friend did to join Uk-*.
He video taped his season finale game, and at the end of the game there was an short interview. He gave a shot out to Squizzle and the whole Uk-* staff and mentioned how great their site was, and how great it had became... guess what, in less then 24 hours he was invited by Squizzle himself.

I'm not saying you have to do the exact same thing to get into ftn, but being creative always helps....And if that doesn't work you can always try by a request explaining how you had recently failed.

I'm in no way jokking about this. If you take my advice i will wish you Good Luck:D

U are right
I will do this for ur tracker
What do u think????

Lovestoned
01-27-2009, 04:36 PM
no ratio
awesome packs
great community

Are you in FTN currently to know the real situation inside?

I tried a friend's FTN account when I was at his house and I found speeds to be great if I was the only one leeching it.

Packs are pretty decent but PTN's much better when it comes to movie packs.

Community from what I seen back then when I was at his house was pretty decent too, only thread which was pretty active was 'Welcome new members' thread.

ben99
01-27-2009, 06:34 PM
no ratio
awesome packs
great community

I tried a friend's FTN account when I was at his house and I found speeds to be great if I was the only one leeching it.

Community from what I seen back then when I was at his house was pretty decent too, only thread which was pretty active was 'Welcome new members' thread.

wrong....
Packs are good, but then again, most of the sites have the same packs.

Speeds are great, sure they might not go up to 10mb/s, but they should be fast enough to max your line. They max mine...

Community is good too, irc and forums, check them out more in-depth next time.

It's practically impossible to judge a tracker by trying it for like 30 minutes or so. You need to be on the site for a couple of weeks, till you can get a good feel on sites.

The_Martinator
01-27-2009, 06:37 PM

wrong....

Speeds are great, sure they might not go up to 10mb/s, but they should be fast enough to max your line. They max mine...

It's practically impossible to judge a tracker by trying it for like 30 minutes or so. You need to be on the site for a couple of weeks, till you can get a good feel on sites.

Thanks for the info. It really does sound like something I might enjoy. But you're right, you need to spend some time on a tracker to see how good it is.

Btw, what's ''more in-depth next time''' A thread?

NippleCake
01-27-2009, 07:14 PM
wrong....

Thanks for the info. It really does sound like something I might enjoy. But you're right, you need to spend some time on a tracker to see how good it is.

Btw, what's ''more in-depth next time''' A thread?

by in depth he means look into the forums and irc more, and take time to see what is going on there, to give a better understanding of it

wrong....

where you say "wrong..." surely that is his opinion? what happens if someone only liked (for the sake of arguement) packs of French Industrial Rap Rock? Seeing as FTN do not have any packs on french industrial rap rock, they will not like any packs on FTN. you cannot tell someone their opinion is wrong ;).
Aye, they do have a sense of strong community, but then so do most trackers. IPT, bmtv, scc all have "communities", although they are not recognized for having communities, they are recongized for their content. First impressions can also mean a lot, although of course they can be forgotten once you know something better :happy:

xbawksz
01-27-2009, 07:25 PM
no ratio
awesome packs
great community

yeah im a member. they max my connection and i get what i need out of the packs there and the packs from sct.

community isn't just about the forums, the irc is extremly active as well.

RexNex
01-28-2009, 10:40 AM
Of course they can max a 10MB/s line.... Basically all 4 elite trackers can do that...