PDA

View Full Version : Games & Textbooks

johny1
01-04-2009, 11:39 AM
What is the best tracker for games considering content, variety(PC & consoles),and old/new games? I just want one tracker.

What is the best tracker for textbooks? (not just books)

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 11:41 AM
Blackcat Games is your best bet for games old & new

johny1
01-04-2009, 11:46 AM

Alright

I assume they have both PC and consoles.

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 11:47 AM
BCG for games, and for textbooks probably Bitme or Demonoid.

Yes, Demonoid lol.

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 11:48 AM

Alright

Yes, The site owner was called Stoi and he used to be very active around here, might be worth messaging him here or having a chat with them on their IRC channel

dragoi92
01-04-2009, 11:51 AM
U can use undergrount for old games

stoi
01-04-2009, 11:53 AM
Alright

Yes, The site owner was called Stoi and he used to be very active around here, might be worth messaging him here or having a chat with them on their IRC channel

hmm why the past tense?

sounds like i died or something lol

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 11:55 AM

hmm why the past tense?

sounds like i died or something lol

Been offline for 3 or 4 months mate only been back for 1 day, presumed your site hadn't folded in the last quarter but you can never be too sure of these things huh

The_Martinator
01-04-2009, 12:01 PM
Well, there you go, stoi's here.
If you're looking for older games, Underground Gamer is very good also.

I don't like Bitgamer that much, though.

Brenya
01-04-2009, 12:12 PM
What kind of subject are you interested in? Computer ebooks are redundantly uploaded and well-seeded on all public trackers; a particular textbook might be hard to find... but a particular topic (e.g. learning a language, like Java) is extremely easy.

Textbooktorrents (TT) *used to* be a pretty decent tracker with dedicated uploaders, but because of legal trouble the webmaster was forced to close the site. Geekman, I think he called himself. I have allot of books from there, including pretty much all of the "A Very Short Introduction..." books. I miss that site, since I'm too lazy to get an invite to BitMe...

Try to get into the eLearning private trackers like BitMe. They have request sections that you can use 'till your heart's content.

johny1
01-04-2009, 12:13 PM
Alright BCG it is for new games. Now I just need an invite.

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 12:14 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/

:)

stoi
01-04-2009, 12:16 PM
pointless requesting there, we took all the referrals away, 350,000 in the system, down to 0 in the blink of an eye.

your best bet is to join our IRC and just talk in the waiting room, you never know a staff member may spot you and you may get lucky.

cinephilia
01-04-2009, 12:20 PM
pointless requesting there, we took all the referrals away, 350,000 in the system, down to 0 in the blink of an eye.

your best bet is to join our IRC and just talk in the waiting room, you never know a staff member may spot you and you may get lucky.
what about your 15-pages-thread in the bittorrent giveaway section ?

johny1
01-04-2009, 12:20 PM
What kind of subject are you interested in? Computer ebooks are redundantly uploaded and well-seeded on all public trackers; a particular textbook might be hard to find... but a particular topic (e.g. learning a language, like Java) is extremely easy.

Textbooktorrents (TT) *used to* be a pretty decent tracker with dedicated uploaders, but because of legal trouble the webmaster was forced to close the site. Geekman, I think he called himself. I have allot of books from there, including pretty much all of the "A Very Short Introduction..." books. I miss that site, since I'm too lazy to get an invite to BitMe...

Try to get into the eLearning private trackers like BitMe. They have request sections that you can use 'till your heart's content.

I am not interested in any particular subject for say, I am a generalist. I am looking for something like textbooktorrents that list subjects and you can just browse. Hopefully another textbooktorrents will arise again.

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 12:22 PM

Any reason for removing them?

The_Martinator
01-04-2009, 12:25 PM

Who are you gonna believe the site's SySop or scammers? Your choice.
I can confirm, though, that all referrals were removed. Atm only staff can invite you (or maybe not even all of them).

johny1
01-04-2009, 12:26 PM

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invite-giveaways-and-requests-90/

:)

Don't need it now, will need it in a couple of months.

Who are you gonna believe the site's SySop or scammers? Your choice.
I can confirm, though, that all referrals were removed. Atm only staff can invite you (or maybe not even all of them).

What they don't trust their users or something?

cinephilia
01-04-2009, 12:29 PM
i asked stoi cause he opened a thread to give fst members a chance to get in his tracker, and as far as i know, he's BCG owner.
so read carefully next time.

The_Martinator
01-04-2009, 12:41 PM
i asked stoi cause he opened a thread to give fst members a chance to get in his tracker, and as far as i know, he's BCG owner.
so read carefully next time.

Ok, he's the owner, you got me again with you l33t talk.

johny1, people were trading, selling,... invites. The usuall stuff. IMHO it was too much to give every user 10. There aren't 35 000 good users who aren't members of BCG yet IMO. Not right now there aren't.

cinephilia
01-04-2009, 12:50 PM
lol@l33t talk