PDA

View Full Version : greed

stitched
01-04-2009, 01:03 PM
y is greed soo hard to resist ?...discuss

i try not to be greedy one moment and and fall right into it the next moment. its everywhere and in everything i do .i live a very ordinary life just like everyone else . i just dont know where to stop and i get greedy and lose more then i have...its soo tempting .i never really had such problems when i was a kid life was simple .
i am grown up ,now life is a little complicated ,i get into trouble and when i analyse my problems/troubles it always gives the same results....i was greedy.i just tot may be some one here can elighten me on how to handle life . thanks for reading

anoneemuse
01-04-2009, 03:32 PM
i always thought of greed as something part of the evolution ,part of the selfish gene its also part of the genetic instincts IMHO , to overcome genetic instincts is no easy task .. .. i am trying am trying hard .. if i need to be completly free from my greed , i need to be free from my body . when we think about forums , its like a virtual reality you create and the best thing about pc internets and forums in general are that you can try to manipulate yourselve to reach a no greed state .. something to do with
ohm mani padme hum ; ... and when you reach that in your virtual reality world , you can try to implement those in your real life too .. hmm crap , i donno how to explain this in a better way .. :dabs: i am not talking about high level tracker greed; ..lol more like why some people blow off hoping for a better something ... that is greed too what a dummy me , ofcourse you know that :lol:

100%
01-04-2009, 07:15 PM
i never really had such problems when i was a kid life was simple .

I really doubt that, children are the greediest parasites on this planet. They have little sense of empathy towards others.
It all starts with the statement
"this is mine" (even though it is not yours)
Greed is not necessarily connected to material possession.

anoneemuse
01-04-2009, 07:51 PM

I really doubt that, children are the greediest parasites on this planet. They have little sense of empathy towards others.

thats a part of the consiousness ? right ?

i always liked to imagine the pure state of consiousness was like the ripple free membrane of the first string :lol:

and then greed(evil?something) rippled the string , first membrane ripple could have caused the first higgs somethingness to be created which created everything ..matter energy and stuffs ....

well our time the fourth dimension then created us (or just evolved without time)...

i still belive many people have reached (saw , heard ..whatever) that first consiousnes wave (through time ) through meditation , drugs or whatever

the whole universe , the quantum string and the consiousness the t-duality ...

i am loosing it ... bear with me someone :lol:

consiousness , ripple -> the material being genetically evolved to reach this stage (homo erectus..lol) , still being like able to go back in time and experience or just realise that we are all part of that void like a consiousness quantum (1 or 0) hour glass

the big bang .... am so sorry i dont have any way to prove it .. lol

damn its like an hour glass type holographic universe ...

then this stuff about right and wrong ...

i mean , if we just trust our genetic instinct and beleive in such a freedom , its not socially stable .. right ? who cares.. i have to keep typing .. sorry

but the void people are socially and can be more socially structured ...there by allowing more void people to regenerate , because thats more stable .. oh plzzz ban me... lol

isnt that all the religions preach .. but people fuck up ... in the end greedy people fucks up..... its like they havent reached that evolutionry stage yet

anoneemuse
01-04-2009, 08:00 PM
how would you recreate a moment in time ?

the information is just too large , infinity

infinite quantum states of 1 and 0.... fuck its almost like orgasm...lol

100%
01-04-2009, 08:20 PM
I WANT
memememememememememeemmememememememememe

and you?

Communist system is maybe a solution to greed?

Is wanting wrong?

Buddhism will solve this problem.

stitched
01-04-2009, 08:24 PM

well as a child u r not aware of what is right, what is wrong, thats y anything a child does is forgiven.....even if children are greedy u cant call them greedy, they jsut dont know its mostly ignorance...

as u grow up ,u set some standards about whats right, whats wrong and then as you grow older its very hard to come up to the standards i set ,initially.
does that mean i have become more greedy growing older and not necessarily wiser...

what i have is not just enough ....i gotta get more...i dont know its soo hard to satisfy a human mind....there is no satisfaction even if i get everything i want...as soon as i find what i had been looking for i want something else....its soo hard for me to say i like this and be happy with it ....i feel very restless,

well i dont know if "not being satisfied and greed" are 2 different things i am confused...

the other two posts by "anoneemuse" i couldnt understand i will probabaly read it again after a while

thanks for the replys

stitched
01-04-2009, 08:31 PM
I WANT

and you?

Is wanting wrong?

i think the problem is me and solution has to be me....may be reading those scriptures might help ,i have read a few books and all thou at that moment i feel i might have got it under control after a while i lose it and the problem just seems to have gotten bigger. i jsut posted it here so taht may be i would find it easier to connect with what other people tot about it.

anoneemuse
01-04-2009, 08:35 PM
I WANT

and you?

Is wanting wrong?

i think the problem is me and solution has to be me....may be reading those scriptures might help ,i have read a few books and all thou at that moment i feel i might have got it under control after a while i lose it and the problem just seems to have gotten bigger. i jsut posted it here so taht may be i would find it easier to connect with what other people tot about it.

:yup:

anoneemuse
01-04-2009, 09:31 PM
i know what my problem is , thanks thread doc
i am looking out .. feels better

Alien5
01-04-2009, 09:37 PM
y is greed soo hard to resist ? Yes

anoneemuse
01-04-2009, 09:50 PM
i dont want to know :happy:

i will just keep thinking about it :happy:

and real life friends thinks am mental , i talk too much, especially about space stuff no ones even intrested in :dabs: . and my gf is a catholic ... awesome..

oooh am listening to jeffersons :ohmy:

pentomato
01-04-2009, 10:39 PM
I WANT

and you?

Is wanting wrong?

Never mind

anoneemuse
01-04-2009, 10:43 PM
why would you want to end this ?

pentomato
01-04-2009, 11:45 PM
I don't want to end it, but I had to edit because I understood communism and the poster wrote budism, so I had to edit what I wrote. lol sorry about that.
Damn now that i read again I didn't understand wrong.

stitched
01-04-2009, 11:47 PM
i dont want to know :happy:

i will just keep thinking about it :happy:

and real life friends thinks am mental , i talk too much, especially about space stuff no ones even intrested in :dabs: . and my gf is a catholic ... awesome..

oooh am listening to jeffersons :ohmy:

thats y i never discuss such stuff with people who know me ,i post here because i can get away with it....i never talk too much, i act like i know what i am talking about with my friends....my friends think i am somebody:happy:....and i am just happy to be somebody.anything is better then me:wacko:
i am not being a pessimist i am just being brutally honest about myself, i know me and u dont want to be me.

pentomato
01-04-2009, 11:49 PM
I WANT

and you?

Is wanting wrong?

Communism doesn't have nothing to do with ending greed, the greed one's are the one's in power, so the people have nothing because they are deprive of everything.
Don't think that cubans would love to have two houses or two cars, the same way the president there has lots of everything?

pentomato
01-04-2009, 11:55 PM
thats y i never discuss such stuff with people who know me ,i post here because i can get away with it....i never talk too much, i act like i know what i am talking about with my friends....my friends think i am somebody:happy:....and i am just happy to be somebody.anything is better then me:wacko:
i am not being a pessimist i am just being brutally honest about myself, i know me and u dont want to be me.[/quote]

You are not somebody because your friends think so, damn you must be young. You need to be smack, what do you mean everybody is better than you, don't say that, nobody is better than me hell not.
When we are young, we don't want to be ourselves, that changes with time, you grow up, older and life gets a new meaning.
:01:

stitched
01-05-2009, 12:19 AM
You are not somebody because your friends think so, damn you must be young. You need to be smack, what do you mean everybody is better than you, don't say that, nobody is better than me hell not.
When we are young, we don't want to be ourselves, that changes with time, you grow up, older and life gets a new meaning.

i am 23 i am not young,like i said i am not depressed or a pessimist about life and about myself...i was just being honest...i do hope to become a better man but right now this is me.

well I THINK u r somebody if a bunch of people think you are somebody...really thats how it works....you can think of yourself as a movie star ....but u only become a movie star if only the people who see u act think you r good at it...

yes mostly with time the possibilities in life get reduced exponetially after u r 30 you ought to learn to live with who u r and thats how people are genrally happy with who they are,because they gotta live with themselves for the rest of their lives that doesnt necessarily mean they are somebody who r on top.
of course all these shortcomings in life and learnign about our own limitations does give life a new meaning.

pentomato
01-05-2009, 01:13 AM

i am 23 i am not young,like i said i am not depressed or a pessimist about life and about myself...i was just being honest...i do hope to become a better man but right now this is me.

well I THINK u r somebody if a bunch of people think you are somebody...really thats how it works....you can think of yourself as a movie star ....but u only become a movie star if only the people who see u act think you r good at it...

yes mostly with time the possibilities in life get reduced exponetially after u r 30 you ought to learn to live with who u r and thats how people are genrally happy with who they are,because they gotta live with themselves for the rest of their lives that doesnt necessarily mean they are somebody who r on top.
of course all these shortcomings in life and learnign about our own limitations does give life a new meaning.

With all your respect, I could care less about what people think of me or not, to tell you the truth I love it when people don't like me, and I love it when people criticize me, because I know I am the man I am, I am the one I want to be right now.
At 23 you are very young, I am 20 years older than you and tomorrow will be one more year lol, my point is, I don't care about what friends or anyone thinks of me, I care about what I think of myself, and man I am the best ever.
And yes you are a little depress, don't worry at 23 all of us have been there and sometimes all of us need a little help to get where we want to be or go.
To find ourselves, that comes with time, one day you will look at when you were 23 and you will say, I can't believe I used to be so pesimistic or sad, just live your life wait and see.
I hope you are ok, just live your life and if you need help go for it, the smart man gets help when is needed.
I used to get depress in my birthday because time oh gosh goes by, now I just enjoy it, I realize I learned so much over the years and at 44, there is still so much to learn.
Hang in there my friend, with time life gets better.

stitched
01-05-2009, 01:37 AM
With all your respect, I could care less about what people think of me or not, to tell you the truth I love it when people don't like me, and I love it when people criticize me, because I know I am the man I am, I am the one I want to be right now.
At 23 you are very young, I am 20 years older than you and tomorrow will be one more year lol, my point is, I don't care about what friends or anyone thinks of me, I care about what I think of myself, and man I am the best ever.
And yes you are a little depress, don't worry at 23 all of us have been there and sometimes all of us need a little help to get where we want to be or go.
To find ourselves, that comes with time, one day you will look at when you were 23 and you will say, I can't believe I used to be so pesimistic or sad, just live your life wait and see.
I hope you are ok, just live your life and if you need help go for it, the smart man gets help when is needed.
I used to get depress in my birthday because time oh gosh goes by, now I just enjoy it, I realize I learned so much over the years and at 44, there is still so much to learn.

hey thanks a lot for having spent the time and effort and tot to write this very inspiring post....its the nicest things that some one has done to me in this forum...i am very thankfull and greatfull for this post. and i wish u a very happy birthday...i hope u get what u want with ur life...i never forget people who are nice to me...u have a lot of nice things to say to people ...its a very rare quality in a man.

i am not suicidal if thats what u were tryign to imply. its just that i wasted a lot of oppurtunites in my life. soo i am a little frustrated. and may be i was a little greedy. always tryign to get what i didnt have...and finally i got what i didnt have and lost all the things i had.
its kinda complicated

again thanks a lot for all the things u wrote here.

pentomato
01-05-2009, 02:06 AM

hey thanks a lot for having spent the time and effort and tot to write this very inspiring post....its the nicest things that some one has done to me in this forum...i am very thankfull and greatfull for this post. and i wish u a very happy birthday...i hope u get what u want with ur life...i never forget people who are nice to me...u have a lot of nice things to say to people ...its a very rare quality in a man.

i am not suicidal if thats what u were tryign to imply. its just that i wasted a lot of oppurtunites in my life. soo i am a little frustrated. and may be i was a little greedy. always tryign to get what i didnt have...and finally i got what i didnt have and lost all the things i had.
its kinda complicated

again thanks a lot for all the things u wrote here.

You are very welcome, my pleasure my friend, all of us need a little push now and then.
Thank you for your good wishes, to tell you the truth I have the most important thing in my life already, whatever else I want I have to go and get it.
All of us wasted opportunities in life, I could have done so many things and I didn't, but I woulnd't be the person I am today if I did those things, I don't have any regrets at all, regrets hold you back in life, and it is never to late to go, to be who we want to be, or whatever we want to do, it is only to late when we die. There so many things I want to do before I die, one of them at 44 is go back to college, yes you hear well college. Go for it, what you want to do in life try to do it, sometimes we are the only one's that hold ourselves back.
Life is complicated and easy, the difficult part is for us to start doing what we desire to do.
Frustations and worries and fears are good, but those things have to catapult us go to our goals, one step at a time.

J-dye
01-05-2009, 02:01 PM
i read this twice , lemme reafd t\hat again

J-dye
01-05-2009, 02:05 PM
its way too long , maybe i will read it later .. but thanks :)

stitched
01-05-2009, 05:02 PM
You are very welcome, my pleasure my friend, all of us need a little push now and then.
Thank you for your good wishes, to tell you the truth I have the most important thing in my life already, whatever else I want I have to go and get it.
All of us wasted opportunities in life, I could have done so many things and I didn't, but I woulnd't be the person I am today if I did those things, I don't have any regrets at all, regrets hold you back in life, and it is never to late to go, to be who we want to be, or whatever we want to do, it is only to late when we die. There so many things I want to do before I die, one of them at 44 is go back to college, yes you hear well college. Go for it, what you want to do in life try to do it, sometimes we are the only one's that hold ourselves back.
Life is complicated and easy, the difficult part is for us to start doing what we desire to do.
Frustations and worries and fears are good, but those things have to catapult us go to our goals, one step at a time.

hey, i will ,given enough time and effort bring changes in my life....and it was very nice of u to write all the things u wrote...thanks a lot again for all the time u spent on this...i am greatly indebted to you for all the inspiring things u had to say.THANKS A LOT FOR UR PRICELESS REPLYS

anoneemuse
01-06-2009, 11:20 AM
i hope it helped you stitched err

i mean i have some memory issues too , its not related to greed , its completly different

i mean , jeesus i dont even properly remember most of the stuffs i did in my childhood ..er . its not like i just liked whatever i did in my childhood , some of it was wrong , some was just well pointless .. i wish i could go back in time , remember everything and fix or delete stuffs . hmmm

its like , i know its supposed to be "important" to some , i do respect that .. never really bothered about what matters to others online ..

then you grown up and realise that there are stuffs you really like which is imporatnt , you cant expect people to respect what i feel important, if i dont realise what they feel important ..

some stuff i thought was real fun is just plain "insignificant" now . its not that i dont respect