PDA

View Full Version : ScT Invites

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 01:46 PM
Ok so I've had my ScT account with a healthy buffer & great ratio for nearly a year now and have now pretty much given up on ever getting an invite handed out to me.

So I can donate and receive some invites which is all well and good so armed with my debit card I click the link to donate some euro's and get my invites so I can sign up 1 of my mates who has been nipping my head for ages.

Alas they don't accept payment with debit or credit card only Paypal ffs now I don't do paypal because I don't trust it one of my other real life mates got ripped off through it and never seen their money again and even if I did it would take a few days to setup then about 7 days to transfer the money from my debit card to the new paypal account which is just rubbish

I think basically I have two options set up a paypal account which I really don't want to do or find someone I can trust with an existing account I can maybe use.

Can anyone else think of any other solutions to this problem ???

sheriff 01
01-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Just use your credit card as your source of primary funds in your paypal account, there is no waiting for funds to be transfered and cleared as you would have to do with a debit card.

CaptanAmerica
01-04-2009, 01:53 PM
afaik all deals went smooth with sct tho paypal. all who paid for invites got it. dunno what should i write here else

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 01:56 PM
Just use your credit card as your source of primary funds in your paypal account, there is no waiting for funds to be transfered and cleared as you would have to do with a debit card.

K I don't have a paypal account setup cause I don't trust it and I only have a debit card no credit card, was kinda hoping I could find someone with an existing account I could trust as a go between

afaik all deals went smooth with sct tho paypal. all who paid for invites got it. dunno what should i write here else

It wasn't through ScT my friend got ripped off it was for something else altogether

sheriff 01
01-04-2009, 02:03 PM
What method will you use to reimburse this third party if they choose to help you?

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 02:04 PM
What method will you use to reimburse this third party if they choose to help you?

Debit card payment onto their paypal account I suppose would be most convienient

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 02:09 PM
Just make a new CC and use Paypal.

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 02:11 PM

Maybe I'm not making myself clear I've not got a credit card account or a paypal account only a debit card

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 02:11 PM

Maybe I'm not making myself clear I've not got a credit card account or a paypal account only a debit card

That's why I said make one. I made a new CC specifically for Paypal. Go to the bank and sign up, it took me like 10 minutes plus it's free.

interwebz
01-04-2009, 02:13 PM

Debit card payment onto their paypal account I suppose would be most convienient

wouldnt you need a paypal account with your debit card attached to it to do that though? paypal isnt gonna steal your money, they look into all claims and handle them very professionally. if its a visa or mastercard debit card then you can add it to your account and there will be no wait, then you can get the invite and delete your paypal account if you're really that concerned.

`Dr. Nick Riviera`
01-04-2009, 02:17 PM
PayPal isn't accessible in my country, what do you propose I do?

sheriff 01
01-04-2009, 02:20 PM
The best solution for you ghostbusters is to follow kushblows advice and go to the bank and create a credit card just for the paypal acc. If the reason you currently have no credit card is due to the fact that your credit history is poor, no worries you can just get a secured credit card then.

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 02:40 PM
The best solution for you ghostbusters is to follow kushblows advice and go to the bank and create a credit card just for the paypal acc. If the reason you currently have no credit card is due to the fact that your credit history is poor, no worries you can just get a secured credit card then.

Yeah I've got shitty credit rating due to an unpaid student overdraft from years ago need to sit it out for another year or two before it's wiped from file, not sure if we get secured credit cards here in scotland I think a debit card might be the closest thing

I think if I can find someone with an account that I feel I can trust I can make a payment to their paypal account from my debit card which will clear straight away then I can use their email address on ScT and get some invites once they've confirmed the transaction has been completed

seh
01-04-2009, 02:47 PM
Don't you know anyone in real life that has a CC? Or has a family member that does?
I find it kinda weird that you would ask for help with this on the internet. I think i would probably ask some random person in the supermarket before ever thinking about asking this on a forum.

sheriff 01
01-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Well its a catch 22 bro because in order to send the money the way you are suggesting you would still need a paypal acc. with available funds. The only other way is through a bank wire.
Can you not get a capital one mastercard in scotland, capital one is world wide and you can just load whatever funds you want onto the credit card, no credit check needed.

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 02:56 PM
Well its a catch 22 bro because in order to send the money the way you are suggesting you would still need a paypal acc. with available funds. The only other way is through a bank wire.
Can you not get a capital one mastercard in scotland, capital one is world wide and you can just load whatever funds you want onto the credit card, no credit check needed.

I already have the funds loaded onto my debit card which would transfer instantly onto someones existing paypal account then all I need to do is use their paypal email on ScT and thats it done.

If only ScT didn't insist on paypal and accepted a standard debit / credit card transaction then I wouldn't even be having this discussion.

I know people who have credit cards but not paypal accounts, nevermind

Don't you know anyone in real life that has a CC? Or has a family member that does?
I find it kinda weird that you would ask for help with this on the internet. I think i would probably ask some random person in the supermarket before ever thinking about asking this on a forum.

It's only 30 euro's for 2 invites or 50 euro's for 4 so not that much money to risk even if it did all go wrong

qq2233
01-04-2009, 03:06 PM
How about this GhostBuster... you send the money to someones paypal account through direct debit and they send it back to you to your paypal account, that way you can pay for it using your own paypal account. This way neither of you 2 have to divulge any password details.

If you really need to get this sorted, hit me up with a PM, I'd be more than happy to help you out.

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 03:10 PM
How about this GhostBuster... you send the money to someones paypal account through direct debit and they send it back to you to your paypal account, that way you can pay for it using your own paypal account. This way neither of you 2 have to divulge any password details.

If you really need to get this sorted, hit me up with a PM, I'd be more than happy to help you out.

lol your offer is appreciated but if you actually read one of my many posts you'll see I've not got my own paypal account, maybe this is just a bad idea

nbo
01-04-2009, 03:13 PM
you should never pay for an invite, sct has given me 3 invites in a year + just for being a PU, dont know why you didnt get any. They also accepted requests a couple of weeks ago, i didnt bother but you could have asked for one.

in any case since you are trying, just put the damn debit card on paypal, whats the problem? you can add a debit card to paypal. they accept it and you can surely trust them, if you reall really dont want to go to your local WU or drugstore or anything and get a $50 prepaid visa and put that on paypal.

and heres a suggestion for getting a good CC if your credit sux: capitolone.com

qq2233
01-04-2009, 03:16 PM

lol your offer is appreciated but if you actually read one of my many posts you'll see I've not got my own paypal account, maybe this is just a bad idea

Just make a paypal account and dont attach any bank account or credit cards to it. So, the only money you can get to it is if other paypal members sent it to you. It'll take you less than a couple of minutes and probably would solve your problem the quickest.

BUT I do admit, sending money to someone then getting their paypal login to pay for it - is a bad idea.

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 03:26 PM
you should never pay for an invite, sct has given me 3 invites in a year + just for being a PU, dont know why you didnt get any. They also accepted requests a couple of weeks ago, i didnt bother but you could have asked for one.

in any case since you are trying, just put the damn debit card on paypal, whats the problem? you can add a debit card to paypal. they accept it and you can surely trust them, if you reall really dont want to go to your local WU or drugstore or anything and get a $50 prepaid visa and put that on paypal.

I've been a PU member for 38 weeks with a 300gb buffer / 18:1 ratio and I've never recived any invites, I never noticed they were accepting requests because I've been offline for 3 or 4 months and this is my 2nd day back online.

if you'd actually bothered to read any of my posts you would see that I don't have a paypal account.

Pre-paid credit cards have a monthly fee in Scotland and take a while to setup you can't just walk into the store / post office and demand one

becomehokage
01-04-2009, 03:28 PM

I've been a PU member for 38 weeks with a 300gb buffer / 18:1 ratio and I've never recived any invites, I never noticed they were accepting requests because I've been offline for 3 or 4 months and this is my 2nd day back online.

if you'd actually bothered to read any of my posts you would see that I don't have a paypal account.

Pre-paid credit cards have a monthly fee in Scotland and take a while to setup you can't just walk into the store / post office and demand one
Well then its simple.You wont be able to donate with a different way.

nbo
01-04-2009, 03:29 PM

hmm if i remember correctly i got all 3 invites more than 38 weeks ago so that makes sense.

didnt realize that prepaid CC cost moeny in cetrain places, that is very strange, you can also order them online with your debit card, wont cost you more than a few bucks.

i dont understand why you dont just open a paypal account?

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 03:31 PM

Well then its simple.You wont be able to donate with a different way.

Thankyou

i dont understand why you dont just open a paypal account?

One of my friends got ripped off with paypal a couple of years ago and never got their money back and it's just made me apprehensive about using it myself, I'm probably worrying about nothing but there you go

nbo
01-04-2009, 03:36 PM
millions of users use paypal and will testify that it is trustful, while i wont try to convince you to trust them all i can say is like youve been told, these ppl like to maintain privacy so if you dont pay with paypal your friend wont get it

Ghostbusters
01-04-2009, 04:23 PM
Hmmm right ok never realised it was that quick and simple, got everything sorted, thanks for convincing me that paypal is actually ok :)

KushBlow
01-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Hmmm right ok never realised it was that quick and simple, got everything sorted, thanks for convincing me that paypal is actually ok :)

Actually it's not if you use eBay :)

1000possibleclaws
01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
You coulda skipped the hassle and made the friend of yours create a paypal account. If he wants ScT it's not too much to ask, and you could have always paid him back if you felt like he was buying his own way in. Neways glad you've sorted it out

Bug
01-04-2009, 10:17 PM
where is the site to buy a invite ?

H&K
01-04-2009, 10:31 PM
You can't. If you know someone in Sct they can donate for an invite.