PDA

View Full Version : Reggae Torrents

capnjav
01-05-2009, 02:06 AM
Which music trackers in particular offer a decent reggae selection?

STMusic?

murder
01-05-2009, 02:15 AM
What.cd, if you can give me good ratio proof ill invite you.

noAxx
01-05-2009, 02:23 AM
Quickly checking the numbers:

ST Music - 480
What - 4337
Waffles - 2633

ST Music is super easy to find an invite for, and the others don't take much work either. And I mean in a legitimate capacity, not from trading.

Of course, you might also want to look at Bloodclat.net, which I believe still has open registration, and is focused entirely on reggae and related genres. Of course as it stands, they have yet to hit 100 torrents, so while they have potential to become the choice tracker for said content, at present they underwhelm.

vpg8000
01-05-2009, 02:25 AM
bloodclat.net? I think I'll sign-up just for the name :D

The_Martinator
01-05-2009, 06:36 PM
Just to add to noAxx's list:

Pedro's: just over 100

Swift
01-05-2009, 07:00 PM
Soundarea has some torrents not much but they have :)

Something Else
01-05-2009, 07:02 PM
What kind of Reggae are you after. :unsure:

New dancehall riddims.
or
Commercial, roots-reggae albums.
or
Vinyl Rips
or
Bootlegs of concerts.
or
Something else.

Soulseek is better than any torrent sites. There is also a good direct download site for reggae.

NippleCake
01-05-2009, 07:05 PM
Soulseek is better than any torrent sites. There is also a good direct download site for reggae.

second that.. ..its brilliant for music such as reggae, which isnt widely available on the web.

ghurka
01-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Try http://www.reggaetraders.net

noAxx
01-05-2009, 09:16 PM
Just to add to noAxx's list:

Pedro's: just over 100

Also, since I forgot to list it,

Libble - 71

I add this not because its all that good but because like STMusic, getting in should be pretty easy even for those less well established in the BT world.

Then I checked Indietorrents. Figured there wouldn't be many, but the numbers were even worse than expected: 3.

capnjav
01-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Thanks murder, your generosity will be greatly appreciated.

As per your request (please message me)

---

Much respect noAxx on the quick reggae totals and the advice. Also joined bloodclat, thanks for the heads up.

---

Thanks martinator, will check out Pedro's.

---

benchez,

mainly looking for roots reggae or world reggae. With that in mind, much of what i look for has often never made its way to cd, and so vinyl rips would be a plus.

Although bootlegs of concerts and early rare recordings are interesting and certainly would go to good use, more interested in the more official releases.

But i guess im not going to be picky, enjoy most genres of reggae, at least to some degree. for example i enjoy some of the newer dub and such.

Will check out soulseek.

---

Thanks ghurka, will check that site out.

The_Martinator
01-05-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm glad to be of assistance. I just gotta tell you, Pedro's isn't an easy site to get. But it's well worth it, especially if you're into older music (preferably rock).

tjbzonasul
01-05-2009, 10:06 PM
You can try direct DLing through a site called "You and Me in a Jamboree". They are mostly into Rocksteady/Ska but I often find there some good Roots Reggae riddims.

capnjav
01-05-2009, 10:19 PM
ghurka, just checked out reggaetraders, excellent recommendation, registration open as well :D

---

tjbzonasul thanks for that site recommendation, lots of good stuff there.

Funkin'
01-06-2009, 07:26 AM
Yeah, reggaetraders doesn't look bad. Thank you for that. I was really hoping it was a file hosting forum instead of a tracker.

cinephilia
01-07-2009, 01:35 AM
Try http://www.reggaetraders.net
nice one ghurka, but invite-only :dabs:

Something Else
01-07-2009, 01:52 AM
You won't find any retail music there.