PDA

View Full Version : The Real M4rduK

Real_M4rduK
01-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Hello FSTers.

I just wanted to point out that the M4rduK that is registered here ( http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/m4rduk-208048 ) is NOT me.

He is an impostor.

I am posting this as I would hate for someone to mistake him for me and get scammed or something. Perhaps staff here could change his name for him to protect the FST members from being tricked or scammed.

Staff can check the email address that I registered with for proof that I am M4rduK. :)

Cabalo
01-05-2009, 03:25 PM
u are the rabbit m4rduk?
it was kinda suspitious to me that you would register here during that whole br affair.
welcome aboard mate!

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 03:28 PM
Hi White-colored Mammal :wave:

Swift
01-05-2009, 03:30 PM
and who are you actually ?

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 03:32 PM
and who are you actually ?

Sysop of FTWR I think. Sysop or Moderator, dunno.

dragoi92
01-05-2009, 03:33 PM
Welcome here if u are the real M4rduK

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 03:34 PM
Maybe to prove it even more you should post a pic of your sysop account or something.

Polarbear
01-05-2009, 03:36 PM
May I Have Your Attention Please?
Will The Real M4rduK Please Stand Up?
I Repeat, Will The Real M4rduK Please Stand Up?
We're Gonna Have A Problem Here..

Real_M4rduK
01-05-2009, 03:36 PM
I am not sysop.

I have no need to prove anything - Staff here can look at the email I registered with and confirm that I am who I say I am.

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 03:38 PM
I am not sysop.

I have no need to prove anything - Staff here can look at the email I registered with and confirm that I am who I say I am.

Who knows maybe you hacked the email. No probably not but you never know :shifty:.

And you should PM Detale or Skizo instead of posting it here I think. Just to keep things on the 'down low'.

Real_M4rduK
01-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Well, the reason for me registering and posting was to inform everyone here that the other M4rduK was an impostor - not just the staff here.

If I hacked the email it would be pretty stupid to come here and start talking about it. :P

Popov
01-05-2009, 03:41 PM
The question is, why do you even care ?. I mean, you run one of the most succesful trackers out there. What more do you have to proof ?

But welcome abord man :wub:

Swift
01-05-2009, 03:44 PM
block your IMBOX

pone44
01-05-2009, 03:44 PM
He can not receive Pm's if new.

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 03:45 PM
The question is, why do you even care ?. I mean, you run one of the most succesful trackers out there. What more do you have to proof ?

What? I didn't know that :mellow:.

Levels are not success.

Swift
01-05-2009, 03:46 PM
He can not receive Pm's if new.

didn't know that .. i'm new

pone44
01-05-2009, 03:48 PM
This is Shady. :unsure:
I understand that a thread had to be opened.
Is really deceiving if true.
As no Pm could be sent.

Polarbear
01-05-2009, 03:52 PM
it's going to be quite simple to find out if he's real. no big deal.

i was suprised when i read the name here yesterday for the first time. i didn't know that m4rduk was registered here and was wondering if that's him. if i had an impostor here that acted under my name, it would seriously piss me off. i can understand the topic.

on the other hand i've seen so much nonsense on fst. that's why i'm going to wait till i get my confirmation on another site before i believe anything. :)

Popov
01-05-2009, 03:52 PM

Depends on what you call 'success'. Levels are not success.

Imo FTWR is a great succes. For me succes is when a lot of peoples want it. I also think contentwise they're not even close the top, but the members seems to be very loyal, so it's kind of a family-feeling there. (I guess, that's whats special with FSC and they're pretty much the same)

GFT have a very good content imo, and I can't say that they've successed yet. I mean, you don't see tons of requests a day to GFT :P

So to answer to your question, YES, FTWR is a great succes !

IdolEyes787
01-05-2009, 03:53 PM
OK to make a stupid but true point.

Obviously the M4rduK that registered here used that name for a specific reason.Very likely to deceive people.Maybe not.

But let's remember M4rduK is only a name. Lots of people have the same name in real life. While aggravating it doesn't make one less "real" than the other.

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 03:54 PM
Ok sure :).

I wouldn't know much, all I heard was that it's overhyped. Thanks for explaining it to me.

Cabalo
01-05-2009, 04:28 PM
Well, the reason for me registering and posting was to inform everyone here that the other M4rduK was an impostor - not just the staff here.

If I hacked the email it would be pretty stupid to come here and start talking about it. :P
here you can only send a pm after 30 days registering.
that's why he had to open a thread, so stop cussing about it guys.

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 04:30 PM
Even tracker staff have their problems. You should PM FST staff and ask him to make you a CR :).

Albo Da Kid
01-05-2009, 04:32 PM

Depends on what you call 'success'. Levels are not success.

Imo FTWR is a great succes. For me succes is when a lot of peoples want it. I also think contentwise they're not even close the top, but the members seems to be very loyal, so it's kind of a family-feeling there. (I guess, that's whats special with FSC and they're pretty much the same)

GFT have a very good content imo, and I can't say that they've successed yet. I mean, you don't see tons of requests a day to GFT :P

True FTWR had Great success... But you still aren't getting in.:lol::lol::lol:FAILED!!!!

jasperr
01-05-2009, 04:34 PM
Will The Real M4rduK Please Stand Up?
I Repeat, Will The Real M4rduK Please Stand Up?
We're Gonna Have A Problem Here..

CHEESY... lol

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 04:34 PM
How do you know he doesn't have it?

jasperr
01-05-2009, 04:37 PM
imo ftwr is a great succes. For me succes is when a lot of peoples want it. I also think contentwise they're not even close the top, but the members seems to be very loyal, so it's kind of a family-feeling there. (i guess, that's whats special with fsc and they're pretty much the same)

gft have a very good content imo, and i can't say that they've successed yet. I mean, you don't see tons of requests a day to gft :p

so to answer to your question, yes, ftwr is a great succes !

true ftwr had great success... But you still aren't getting in.:lol::lol::lol:failed!!!!

what a loser aldo bi bob is.........

Popov
01-05-2009, 04:38 PM

True FTWR had Great success... But you still aren't getting in.:lol::lol::lol:FAILED!!!!

I couldn't care less actually :sleep1:

I really dont have it :whistling, but who cares ?. FSC and FTWR are pretty similar, both are more or less just a very good forum for bittorrent peoples. So FSC is good enough for me :)

Dr. Lecter
01-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Well, there's an easy way to find out:
I'll give u both an email address.
The one who will create a **** account with it is the real one. :whistling

Edit:
Maybe the other M4rduK is related to the Black Rabbit ?
Maybe there are 2 M4rduKs, one for each site ?

NippleCake
01-05-2009, 04:45 PM

I really dont have it :whistling, but who cares ?. FSC and FTWR are pretty similar, both are more or less just a very good forum for bittorrent peoples. So FSC is good enough for me :)

eh.. ..not exactly, ftwr is much more focused on sharing random and "unique" content (not saying that is "better" than fsc, just a difference between the two)

teresckova
01-05-2009, 04:47 PM
can anyone from the staff,can point the real M4rduK....and ban the other one...

Popov
01-05-2009, 04:48 PM

eh.. ..not exactly, ftwr is much more focused on sharing random and "unique" content (not saying that is "better" than fsc, just a difference between the two)

ooh, my bad :P

WTF, ban the other one ?. Why ? :frusty::frusty:
It's just to tell him to change name, but still. He have the rights to have that name if he wants to !

tnt
01-05-2009, 04:51 PM
the rabbit is more active as a tracker ~9500 active torrents and people leech there and its awesome fast in contrast to fsc

Popov
01-05-2009, 04:54 PM
the rabbit is more active as a tracker ~9500 active torrents and people leech there and its awesome fast in contrast to fsc

But you don't have the tracker to download from (as your main-source). For downloading you use some other tracker like ScT, TTi, IPT, TL, you get it...

But I get your point

Real_M4rduK
01-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Please, the purpose of this thread was not to start a discussion about a private site.

The purpose was to *protect people from getting scammed* by someone who registered with my name. Maybe his intent was not to scam someone, but honestly...how many other reasons could there be for registering with that name other than to deceive people.

Anyone who doubts that this is me is free to PM me on a site I am at and I will confirm it. (did I just invite people to spam me...? oh shi...).

Please keep on topic. :P

tnt
01-05-2009, 04:56 PM

But you don't have the tracker to download from (as your main-source). For downloading you use some other tracker like ScT, TTi, IPT, TL, you get it...

But I get your point
this is what you do with your fsc account and you think everyone is like you

dragoi92
01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
I can use what nickname i want
I dont think that is any problem to use nickname M4rduK

Barbarossa
01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
OK to make a stupid but true point.

Obviously the M4rduK that registered here used that name for a specific reason.Very likely to deceive people.Maybe not.

But let's remember M4rduK is only a name. Lots of people have the same name in real life. While aggravating it doesn't make one less "real" than the other.

The other guy has made a total of 2 posts, 5 months apart :dabs:

It's probably just a coincidence. Basically, people can have whatever usernames they like, nobody has exclusive rights to a username from another site.

NippleCake
01-05-2009, 04:59 PM

But I get your point

what? who decides this? ftwr is fine for downloading from? wtf would you have a tracker you dont download from?? wheres the sense in that?? :frusty:

Popov
01-05-2009, 05:00 PM

But I get your point

Actually it's kind of what everyone do with their FSC, FTWR, UK-T - accounts :P. Have you ever seen a screenshot from them. There's just like 1-2 snatches on the torrents. The only tracker that is different of the "high-level" ones is FTN. That's a tracker you use for the content.

Please, if you can proof for me that I'm wrong I would be very grateful. Atm I don't want any of these trackers. Cause I can't be active on them all :/

Real_M4rduK
01-05-2009, 05:01 PM
Are my posting privileges removed already?

---added---

Nope, they're back.

If you want to keep the other M4rduK then knock yourself out - I just want to protect people from scams. I can easily imagine a scenario where someone PMs him for help and he convinces them to give him their username and password to "help" them.

IdolEyes787
It's probably just a coincidence. Basically, people can have whatever usernames they like, nobody has exclusive rights to a username from another site.

That was kind of my point .I only have IdolEyes because the first ten that I tried to register with where taken.
Even then I had to add 787 so I could use it elsewhere

Popov

It doesn't seems like that :P

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 05:03 PM

That was kind of my point .I only have IdolEyes because the first ten that I tried to register with where taken.

Members: 88,729

Maybe that's why :).

Wow FST has more members than What.

Barbarossa
01-05-2009, 05:03 PM

No, something you wrote meant your post got shoved into a moderation queue because you're a n00b. I don't know what. :idunno:

I authorised your post though ;)

NippleCake
01-05-2009, 05:04 PM

Actually it's kind of what everyone do with their FSC, FTWR, UK-T - accounts :P. Have you ever seen a screenshot from them. There's just like 1-2 snatches on the torrents. The only tracker that is different of the "high-level" ones is FTN. That's a tracker you use for the content.

Please, if you can proof for me that I'm wrong I would be very grateful. Atm I don't want any of these trackers. Cause I can't be active on them all :/

im sorry to go off topic m4rduk, but popov you dont have any basis of this, all those afore mentioned sites are active. i refuse to post screenshtos as i respect the site rules, but for the latest prison break releases, there are ~150 snatches on one of those sites, so please dont talk about stuff when you have no evidence.

Barbarossa
01-05-2009, 05:04 PM

Members: 88,729

Maybe that's why :).

Wow FST has more members than What.

It used to be a lot more.

To be fair, most of them are JP and Cheese...

IdolEyes787
01-05-2009, 05:06 PM
It used to be a lot more.

To be fair, most of them are JP and Cheese...

:lol:That's only funny because it's true.

Barbarossa
01-05-2009, 05:06 PM
If you want to keep the other M4rduK then knock yourself out - I just want to protect people from scams. I can easily imagine a scenario where someone PMs him for help and he convinces them to give him their username and password to "help" them.

I see what you're saying, but only a moron would give their username and password away to a complete stranger, even if they think they are an admin on the site in question.

You can't legislate against stupidity.

Real_M4rduK
01-05-2009, 05:09 PM
I just want to point out that, if my username were "John" for example, then I would expect other people to be using it too. But when someone copies it down to the replaced letter and exact same capitalization, then it is obviously a copy - no matter how people try to spin it. :P

I don't care that someone copied the name - again, my sole purpose in posting was to protect users. Unfortunately one thread that will soon be buried will not accomplish that task (which is why I requested that his name be changed).

LOL, I can't argue with that. But you would be surprised (or maybe you wouldn't) at how many people are foolish enough to do it.

Popov
01-05-2009, 05:15 PM

im sorry to go off topic m4rduk, but popov you dont have any basis of this, all those afore mentioned sites are active. i refuse to post screenshtos as i respect the site rules, but for the latest prison break releases, there are ~150 snatches on one of those sites, so please dont talk about stuff when you have no evidence.

Ok, for me it's like this:
I want, let's say, the movie: "The dark Knight" in 1080p

My first choise is FSC, I fond the movie, but saw that theirs just 2 seeders. I add it to my torrentlist, but saw that the maxspeed is 1mb/s (If it's good seeders). I want to see the movie tonight, so I quit the download...

My second choice is TTi. I found it there, and there's 30 seeders. I add it to my torrentlist and sees that I can DL in 5-6mb/s instead of 1mb/s

But !. FSC is my first choise because I like the tracker, and I like to hang out there. But since I know that it's like this about 70-80 % of the times I rather skip the first alternative, and starts downloading from TTi directly. You understand me ?

Maybe I shuldn't generalized that much, but it's often like this when there's not very much users !

Polarbear
01-05-2009, 05:19 PM
Anyone who doubts that this is me is free to PM me on a site I am at and I will confirm it. (did I just invite people to spam me...? oh shi...).

visit the candy site, check your pms, reply and the mistery shall be solved. ;)

basilhaydens
01-05-2009, 05:21 PM
Sure the OP has some cause for concern, but 99% of users will not recognize the FTWR staff by name for trading purposes, so a scam is highly unlikely.

Popov
btw, No when you are here M4rduk, we could also solve the problem with bR, futher FTBR...

Someone posted this pic:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2hr2wx3.jpg

Have you said that ?. Cause in that cause everyone can stop blaming bR for being a copy-cat-tracker. :D

NippleCake
@Popov.. ..fair enough if you find that for fsc, but my main point is that you cannot say that about the other two sites if you are not there.

ontopic: i know it is the real m4rduk he was talking about it in irc :P

Barbarossa
01-05-2009, 05:22 PM
But when someone copies it down to the replaced letter and exact same capitalization, then it is obviously a copy - no matter how people try to spin it. :P

The capital "K" is unusual I grant you that; a quick google search shows that "M4rDuK" is quite common, but not "M4rduK"...

I'll refer it to some of my more bittorrent-savvy colleagues to see what they think.

Popov
01-05-2009, 05:23 PM
@Popov.. ..fair enough if you find that for fsc, but my main point is that you cannot say that about the other two sites if you are not there.

Ok, I let you win this conversation :)

Great, so now is this whole bR and FTWR-thing solved. Let's go back to our normal lifes fellows :rolleyes:

NippleCake
01-05-2009, 05:26 PM

Great, so now is this whole bR and FTWR-thing solved. Let's go back to our normal lifes fellows :rolleyes:

yep.. ..call me a hypocrite for posting in this thread but i think this thread will go on a few pages longer because of the sites concerned in this topic :dabs:

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 05:30 PM

yep.. ..call me a hypocrite for posting in this thread but i think this thread will go on a few pages longer because of the sites concerned in this topic :dabs:

Rabbits attract attention :yup:.

derstev
01-05-2009, 05:37 PM
Same Upper and lower case letters and the number, its not a common nick you see around about.

I can see M4rduK's point as to why someone would want to use that nickname, here especially.

CaptanAmerica
01-05-2009, 05:41 PM

ahhahahahhahaha, whats the point to ban the ones witch has the same name? lol m4rduk is so rare nick? omfg lets ban all who has similar or same name only if the some1 from the secret tracker also has it

snowprince
01-05-2009, 06:21 PM
Welcome here, M4rDUK. used to be with you in IRC long time ago. Work keeps me busy. Time to catch up with all again

Polarbear
01-05-2009, 06:23 PM
i can confirm he's real. :happy:

Real_M4rduK
01-05-2009, 06:29 PM
No silicon here baby.

Something Else
01-05-2009, 06:31 PM
I can confirm he's a pervert.

Albo Da Kid
01-05-2009, 06:34 PM
I can confirm he's a pervert.

Are you booty-hunting buddies??

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 06:36 PM
No silicon here baby.

So, what do you plan on doing here at FST? :whistling

Real_M4rduK
01-05-2009, 06:43 PM
No silicon here baby.

I didn't really plan past my first post. I'm winging it now.

hangemhigh
01-05-2009, 06:44 PM
how do you pronounce your name?
is it Mr.McDirk or MacGirk or Mr.Duck?
I don't understand..

KushBlow
01-05-2009, 06:47 PM

I didn't really plan past my first post. I'm winging it now.

You'll need extra protection for these FST streets (and that lady in the bed might I add).

ghurka
01-05-2009, 06:49 PM
I can confirm he's king of the perverts.fixed

Real_M4rduK
01-05-2009, 06:53 PM
Mar-duke

(mar-dook)

Popov
01-05-2009, 06:54 PM
how do you pronounce your name?
is it Mr.McDirk or MacGirk or Mr.Duck?
I don't understand..

Why not Marduke :P.

IdolEyes787
01-05-2009, 07:07 PM
I can confirm he's king of the perverts.fixed

Better to rule in hell etc.

sheriff 01
01-05-2009, 07:30 PM
Enjoy your stay here at fst The Real M4rduK. I can assure you that the environment here is real warm and friendly. :lookaroun:lol::lol::lol:

Real_M4rduK
01-05-2009, 08:31 PM
btw, No when you are here M4rduk, we could also solve the problem with bR, futher FTBR...

Someone posted this pic:

Have you said that ?. Cause in that cause everyone can stop blaming bR for being a copy-cat-tracker. :D

I did say that.

However, there is a difference between "supporting" a tracker (as the original post that that screenshot came from suggested) and stating that you have no desire for an epeen contest with another site and what they do is their business.

As I stated in screenshot - I don't believe the site was started with the intention of being a rip off of another site or an "opposite". I DO believe it started turning in that direction though (as is obvious with one of the URLs they registered). It seems that now they are turning away from that.

That's definitely not an endorsement from me in any way. I'm just saying that we have no beef with them over the name.

teresckova
01-05-2009, 08:42 PM

ahhahahahhahaha, whats the point to ban the ones witch has the same name? lol m4rduk is so rare nick? omfg lets ban all who has similar or same name only if the some1 from the secret tracker also has it
whats so funny?...and are u stuck?...from coincidence he has the same nick as an owner/admin on a well known tracker...oo realy, no shit?

Popov
01-05-2009, 08:44 PM
Enjoy your stay here at fst The Real M4rduK. I can assure you that the environment here is real warm and friendly. :lookaroun:lol::lol::lol:

ooohyeah !, Noone ever say a bad word here ! :whistling

btw, No when you are here M4rduk, we could also solve the problem with bR, further FTBR...

Someone posted this pic:

I did say that.

However, there is a difference between "supporting" a tracker (as the original post that that screenshot came from suggested) and stating that you have no desire for an epeen contest with another site and what they do is their business.

As I stated in screenshot - I don't believe the site was started with the intention of being a rip off of another site or an "opposite". I DO believe it started turning in that direction though (as is obvious with one of the URLs they registered). It seems that now they are turning away from that.

That's definitely not an endorsement from me in any way. I'm just saying that we have no beef with them over the name.

k, as long as FTWR don't have anything against it !

pentomato
01-05-2009, 08:51 PM
Ah the memories of kindergarden, thanks guys, all of you make it worth to be here. lol lol

pro267
01-05-2009, 09:21 PM
I just wanted to point out that the M4rduK that is registered here ( http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/m4rduk-208048 ) is NOT me.

He is an impostor.
Well, I guess you'll just have to post a picture without those delightful panties to prove it's really you :P

Swift
01-05-2009, 09:24 PM
i hate this swift guy :| ...

John1988
01-05-2009, 09:29 PM

lol

Swift
01-05-2009, 09:30 PM

lol

:whistling

whip22
01-05-2009, 09:32 PM
i don't believe him!

firedriver
01-05-2009, 10:24 PM
And again another thread will turn into a only spam thread where the ppl can show how funny they actually are .... :w00t:

RealFakeM4rduK
01-05-2009, 10:40 PM
Guys, guys, guys....

You all have it wrong. I am the real fake M4rduK. The "M4rduK" account is real. And the "Real_M4rduK" account is another fake one.

I am the original fake M4rduK. So screw all you other impostors.

--EDIT--
And the FST staff can check _MY_ email address to confirm that it is in fact real. I'm guessing the other impostor's email is like "[email protected]" - like that really qualifies you to be real. haha.

Popov
01-05-2009, 10:41 PM
Guys, guys, guys....

You all have it wrong. I am the real fake M4rduK. The "M4rduK" account is real. And the "Real_M4rduK" account is another fake one.

hmm, wonder who this can be. Alma ?. probably..

sheriff 01
01-05-2009, 10:41 PM
If i must say i think this is getting a little out of hand now!:yup:

Popov
01-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Seriously, does ANYONE believe in this third guy ?. I actually believes in the second one !

firedriver
01-05-2009, 10:50 PM
Guys, guys, guys....

--EDIT--
And the FST staff can check _MY_ email address to confirm that it is in fact real. I'm guessing the other impostor's email is like "[email protected]" - like that really qualifies you to be real. haha.

cmooon...you really think you are funny ?

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/EPH/9037%7EHappy-Bunny-You-Suck-Posters.jpg

hagckz0r
01-05-2009, 10:52 PM
M4rduk show is just beginning ...

C-mos
01-05-2009, 10:53 PM
gheymers ..

lool

the second one is real ..the third one is ghey

sheriff 01
01-05-2009, 10:55 PM
Has the whole world gone GHEY! :lol::lol::lol::yup:

Night0wl
01-05-2009, 10:57 PM
Seriously, does ANYONE believe in this third guy ?. I actually believes in the second one !

Rightly so. PB already confirmed it.

pone44
01-05-2009, 11:01 PM
If the other members claim to be CR's there and are not?

Then they should be Banned here as they have been lying to members-staff....

NippleCake
01-05-2009, 11:09 PM
Guys, guys, guys....

--EDIT--

grow up, this doesnt make you look funny it makes you look like a tard, the OP is posting here to help prevent scams, maybe you could help him out by not causing confusion

teresckova
01-05-2009, 11:11 PM

+1 ..bang bang you re dead

killercam101
01-06-2009, 12:13 AM
lol, killercam amilli amilli wheres mah spam plox

no one needs to worry who M4rduK is anyways, lul

sorry i was having soup 3.5 amilli amilli ! i was about to drop the hammer on this case but my first suspect turned out to be an irish folk singer who trades invites for coupons at bad bath and beyond..now iz back on my detective shit :naughty:... m4dick i will find out ur true identity

http://i.pbase.com/u21/akide/small/22005142.hamburgular.jpg

tradersbeware
01-06-2009, 12:25 AM
So, sorry, who do we PM for invites then?

Albo Da Kid
01-06-2009, 12:27 AM
;)killercam101 aint nuttin to fuk with.

Thanks for the ftn invite btw killercam101. that was awesome....Guys pm killercam with a short story of why you want ftn. He has 3 more invites to give out. Good luck:w00t:

Edit: Sorry he ran out of ftn invites. He still has some 50$ coupons to give out though.

killercam101
01-06-2009, 12:30 AM
lies i just coupons to expressfashion.com :P $50 off 150 purchases!

TheFoX
01-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Basically, people can have whatever usernames they like, nobody has exclusive rights to a username from another site.

I completely agree. If someone wants to sign up here as Retro, then they are more than welcome to.

Of course, this would be one of the quickest ways of losing all account access at other places.

And the concern is that someone signs up using a name of someone respected within the filesharing community must have an ulterior motive. What would you do if someone signed up as RedBeard?

While I agree that choice of usernames should be that, there has to be a line drawn whereby it becomes obvious that someone is abusing the good name of someone else (for whatever reason).

A few years back, someone did sign up as Retro at two different places. Within a short period of time, both accounts were disabled, because the site owners felt that it was a name abuse case.

CaptanAmerica
01-06-2009, 01:40 AM
whats so funny?...and are u stuck?...from coincidence he has the same nick as an owner/admin on a well known tracker...oo realy, no shit?

everyone has fair chances to pick their nicknames. the funny thing was that that guy suggest to ban him, but i ddnt see that the fisrt one (who had? the same name) was compromising himself, wasnt he?

vic
01-06-2009, 02:10 AM
This thread proves stupidity exists.

mestari
01-06-2009, 02:15 AM
Well well Marduk is great band anyway :P

TakeMS
01-06-2009, 02:45 AM
m4rduk is king of king of trakcers. many user will pm m4rduk to kiss ass and ask for inv to rabbit.
hope he not hate fst cos many n00bs here and not good for rep if he hang here and see all :shit: hapen here all hour. :noes:

ricardogaia
01-06-2009, 02:46 AM
So, sorry, who do we PM for invites then?

You have to PM the 3 M4rduK :lol:

Di@monds
01-06-2009, 02:51 AM
lol 3 M4rduK tt

0Ri0N
01-06-2009, 03:01 AM
lolz, who cares?

Alco23
01-06-2009, 03:26 AM
I see what you're saying, but only a moron would give their username and password away to a complete stranger, even if they think they are an admin on the site in question.

Stupidity? This IS the FST crowd you're talking about ;) (me included). :whistling

Back on topic.

The point of this thread is NOT to give any account info/passwords to ANYONE. Doesn't matter who's real and who isn't (real M4rduk likes watching cawk anyway). :whistling

Detale
01-06-2009, 03:52 AM

If they guy is caught doing this, yes he will be banned. Anyone who claims to be staff and is not on the staff list (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-commmunity-reps-fst-232869) IS NOT verified, not to say they are not staff but they are not yet verified. If someone claims that they are staff you guys feel free to PM me or any member of staff and ask us. We can usually verify them pretty quickly and let you know. Impersonating site staff is not something that is ok because it usually means the person is up to no good.

bumrocks
01-06-2009, 05:42 AM
This was a most informative post. Some of it, but not much. Excellent example of site and user protection. For those that don't know him, this is an example of why he is where he is. There are those that on a whim might indeed PM the fake one here for help with login issues.

That being said...The fake one may have not necessarily been up to no good. But he knew exactly what name he was choosing. Who it represented. At the very least he wanted to appear to be somebody he is not. That is shitty enough in itself. Besides, alot of "crimes" can often be referred to as "crimes of opportunity". Just because he may not have signed up with the intentions of scamming people doesn't mean he wouldn't take advantage of someone down the road...That opportunity or alllure can be removed if the FST account was removed and given to the proper person. No, FST has no obligation to remove or delete that username...But I think it would nice and respectful if they did so since it could possibly help protect the sites users...The same users who are also members here.

interwebz
01-06-2009, 05:56 AM
^^^ what he said.

Detale
01-06-2009, 06:21 AM
This was a most informative post. Some of it, but not much. Excellent example of site and user protection. For those that don't know him, this is an example of why he is where he is. There are those that on a whim might indeed PM the fake one here for help with login issues.

That being said...The fake one may have not necessarily been up to no good. But he knew exactly what name he was choosing. Who it represented. At the very least he wanted to appear to be somebody he is not. That is shitty enough in itself. Besides, alot of "crimes" can often be referred to as "crimes of opportunity". Just because he may not have signed up with the intentions of scamming people doesn't mean he wouldn't take advantage of someone down the road...That opportunity or alllure can be removed if the FST account was removed and given to the proper person. No, FST has no obligation to remove or delete that username...But I think it would nice and respectful if they did so since it could possibly help protect the sites users...The same users who are also members here.
"For those that don't know him, this is an example of why he is where he is"

Please explain this :huh:

By that rationale you should have your username removed in case someone from bumrocks.com says they want it or if DJ Detale says I stole his name I should give it to him? Don't get me wrong as I said if the guy makes ANY attempt to try something shady I'll be the first one to ban him. As of now it isn't a real threat as he has 2 posts in 5 months. This thread is more harmful than that if you look at it like that ;)

The thing is Real M4r you prob should have handeled this in private you or Jgg could have easily gotten me or another staff member here and let us know about this now if the guy wasn'tgoing to do something dodgy and his nick was coincidental he may do it now, know what I mean. I'm sure your intention was to help our users as you guys are pretty level headed and fair but get me on MSN when you have a chance and we'll see what we can do ;)

integral
01-06-2009, 06:45 AM
No, FST has no obligation to remove or delete that username...But I think it would nice and respectful if they did so since it could possibly help protect the sites users...The same users who are also members here.

Of course FST isn't obliged to reserve certain names for certain people, and personally I don't think they should delete it.

Firstly, this forum isn't just a Bittorrent forum, therefore I don't think names should be reserved for staff on private BT trackers.

Secondly, not every BT staff name is unique or uncommon. Sure, M4rduk is unique, but what about names like w00t, Brandon, or cia? They aren't uncommon, should they have to be reserved for staff?

Finally, users here should be wise enough to avoid being taken in a would-be scam perpetrated by someone 'borrowing' the nick of BT staff. If I'm not mistaken, you need to be registered here an entire month to be able to interact privately with other users. This should give a newbie ample time to figure out who's who, and if they decide to make a public thread before 30 days, then I'm sure a scam won't be allowed to take place in open public.

The staff here said they are open to questions about who is staff and who isn't, and they've said they would take reports of attempted scams, so I think it should just be left at that. Whether the name is obscure or not, I think snatching and reserving names at all is too infringing to be justified, seeing how difficult it would be for someone to pull a scam.

bumrocks
01-06-2009, 07:07 AM
"For those that don't know him, this is an example of why he is where he is"

Please explain this :huh:

By that rationale you should have your username removed in case someone from bumrocks.com says they want it or if DJ Detale says I stole his name I should give it to him? Don't get me wrong as I said if the guy makes ANY attempt to try something shady I'll be the first one to ban him. As of now it isn't a real threat as he has 2 posts in 5 months. This thread is more harmful than that if you look at it like that ;)

I'm surprised :wacko: that I would have to explain this...But here goes...

He is an admin of a site that that takes itself and its members security very seriously...This is an example of how he cares for the site and its security! He did not post this for non memebers. Realistically, not every member there is smart enough not to make a mistake that he is trying to deter. Realistically, even people who are smart and know better, occasionally have a brainfart and do stupid shit. It is an example of a smart guy in a lofty position at a top notch site. Obviously he is in that position, because he is smart enough to post an alert like this, to its members, IN PUBLIC and not privately to this sites admins...He killed lots of birds with one stone. You know and the sites members here know...

^^If this doesn't answer your question then what exactly does not make sense or what part do you not understand? I'm not being a smartass. I'm trying to help you understand the point I was trying to make.

On the rationale part...Your comments have no rationale...First there is no bumrocks torrent site. So that is a bad example. Or a bumrocks that admins at a torrent site. DJ Detale and Detale is a bad example because they are different names. We are discussing someone using a name exactly like someone else's and the security of the site that could be compromised if someone mistook him to be someone he was not.

As I said...Just because the guy does not appear to have bad intentions doesn't mean that it couldn't potentially be a problem down the road.

Maybe this might be an alternative...How about someone such as yourself, Detale, PM this guy/girl and ask them if they would care to give up there name...Offer them another one of their choice, without having to go through the whole signup process. Let them know they will be under scrutiny due to the problems that may occur in future if the keep this name...Something! I'm not saying or recommending they be strongarmed. If they are reasonable, respectful, understanding, and NOT trying to fool people they might just give up the name with little to no questions...This might not be the best or greatest idea but it is the only one I have seen recommended other than just stone cold taking the name...

Edit:

.....I think snatching and reserving names at all is too infringing to be justified.......

I was writing as you were posting...Might my last paragraph be a possible solution then? Hopefully, a possible resolution can be made with this guys blessing and agreement.

killercam101
01-06-2009, 07:19 AM
why not just give The Real M4rduK (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-the-real-m4rduk-327955/page12) a title on FST or post a thread in ftw telling users of the real m4rduk on FST in case they encounter account problems in the future?

Disme
01-06-2009, 07:20 AM
Wow ... another 12 pages filled with 5 or 6 pertinent posts ... the rest is a good example of the way Bittorrent 'community' has evolved over time.

People see a name or an avatar they know from hear-say and guess what? The OP appears to be some kind of legend because he resides in a certain tracker most people know from the various top-tracker-ranking lists.

Socalled 'discussions' take place about the never-ending question involving the quality of the tracker in question, although the OP hasn't posted anything related to that at all.

Various others come with so-called 'good-advice' or just post some random bullshit to try and make an impression on the OP with the infantile hopes to get noticed by the OP and thus gain entrance into this tracker they would sell their mother for.

Just another day at FST, where BT meets the 'people'! I am really curious what the OP must be thinking after reading all this non-related jibberish.
I know what I would think :shifty:
This board and many like these are a paradise for sociologists and I think it won't be long before people will actually come here to study and gain insight in the human psyche.

Nuff said ... and for the people posting after me ... yes, I know I just posted in this thread also and made my contribution to this 12-page-long pass-time :rolleyes:

Detale
01-06-2009, 09:28 AM
@Bumrocks
Thanks for clearing that up. He will be verified when I get a chance and I will ask him if he wishes to be put on the staff list or not. Honestly I think my acct is disabled due to inactivity but I'll find out tommorrow.

As far as my rational rationale goes dude you're arguing semantics and my point was clear. If its torrent related or not the name is the same and to ask someone to give up their name for someone "more important" is absurd ( no offense M4rduk ;) but no one here is more important than the next guy)

LOL "potentially be a problem down the road"??? This is FST man if we had to get rid of every potential problem we came across there would be no members...or threads...shit it would turn into a knitting forum.

I am not going to Pm anyone asking that they give up there name, Feel free to ask him yourself though. You are suggesting harrasment by "letting him know" what are we the gestapo? I appreciate the points made but I think this is one of those times when moderating where less is more ;) I feel like this is all blown out of proportion. Again I thank the OP for letting us know but it really doesn't need to go any further Than that. The guy isn't active if he were more active maybe my opinion would be different but 2 posts....5 months not a threat and he hasn't broken any rules. Think abot this you know that I am all about the members, but I'm not going to infringe on someone because his nick is inconveinent and possibly a problem.

Barbarossa
01-06-2009, 09:40 AM
And the concern is that someone signs up using a name of someone respected within the filesharing community must have an ulterior motive. What would you do if someone signed up as RedBeard?

Hahaha, I'd actually find that quite flattering :smilie4:

While I agree that choice of usernames should be that, there has to be a line drawn whereby it becomes obvious that someone is abusing the good name of someone else (for whatever reason).

If someone is actively impersonating someone else then yes, that is a problem that needs to be dealt with... but this guy has made two innocuous posts in 6 months.

I guess it may be a "honey-trap", waiting for PMs to come in, but as someone pointed out most of them would be of the form "Can I have an invite please" so it would probably be counter-productive anyway :dabs:

Real_M4rduK
01-06-2009, 12:48 PM
@Bumrocks
Thanks for clearing that up. He will be verified when I get a chance and I will ask him if he wishes to be put on the staff list or not. Honestly I think my acct is disabled due to inactivity but I'll find out tommorrow.

As far as my rational rationale goes dude you're arguing semantics and my point was clear. If its torrent related or not the name is the same and to ask someone to give up their name for someone "more important" is absurd ( no offense M4rduk ;) but no one here is more important than the next guy)

LOL "potentially be a problem down the road"??? This is FST man if we had to get rid of every potential problem we came across there would be no members...or threads...shit it would turn into a knitting forum.

I am not going to Pm anyone asking that they give up there name, Feel free to ask him yourself though. You are suggesting harrasment by "letting him know" what are we the gestapo? I appreciate the points made but I think this is one of those times when moderating where less is more ;) I feel like this is all blown out of proportion. Again I thank the OP for letting us know but it really doesn't need to go any further Than that. The guy isn't active if he were more active maybe my opinion would be different but 2 posts....5 months not a threat and he hasn't broken any rules. Think abot this you know that I am all about the members, but I'm not going to infringe on someone because his nick is inconveinent and possibly a problem.

I don't want to be on the staff list - I only registered so I could make this one thread. Plus, I already had an account here with comm staff and Reality put it on Disabled Privs ages ago because a few traders got disabled that happened to also be members here...lol.

I also don't necessarily want the nick "M4rduK" here (the only reason I would want it is to stop someone else from using it).

I made my point - I just wanted to let people know. If anyone is still dumb enough to give their info to someone (anyone) on another site, then they really deserve to loose their account tbh...

I never understand the mentality of FST though. If someone on a site that I staff at was impersonating someone else (even just using their unique name), I would make them change it *to protect the users on my site*. It would have nothing to do with protecting some guy's name. To reiterate - I don't at all think that "I'm important" and my name should be reserved for me! I think that a site should do what it can to protect it's users from harm.

stoi
01-06-2009, 12:52 PM
I quite often get pms on here, 1st ones from the member as well saying.

I cant login my username is .... my Password is .... my email is .... can you try for me and see what is wrong.

tbh i have never really thought that much about it, until i read this thread lol

Swift
01-06-2009, 01:03 PM

I cant login my username is .... my Password is .... my email is .... can you try for me and see what is wrong.

tbh i have never really thought that much about it, until i read this thread lol

good for you that you are "real":lol:

Barbarossa
01-06-2009, 01:07 PM

Somehow we need to educate people to stop doing that :frusty:

KushBlow
01-06-2009, 01:09 PM

Well the community reps can always disable PMs can't they?

Barbarossa
01-06-2009, 01:11 PM

Well..... yeah I guess so :dabs:

sheriff 01
01-06-2009, 01:26 PM
The Real M4rduk, please enlighten us more concerning these traders that are at your site, were they scamming FST members?

puckface
01-06-2009, 01:43 PM
I dont know what to believe or whos name is who,nor do I really care, but before this thread 75% of the users had no clue who M4rduk was, and now this thread has made them aware, actually making "impersonating" someone else potentially easier to do.

stoi
01-06-2009, 01:45 PM

and hmm how will that exactly help in a case like this, where most staff of trackers are not on here, or are on here in a different name, but someone that is not staff, signs up here in the staffs names, and then members from that tracker PM him, thinking he is the real "insert name of tracker staff" here.

and i thought comm reps were supposed to help members, surely blocking PMs is the opposite of that?

Cabalo
01-06-2009, 02:03 PM
The Real M4rduk, please enlighten us more concerning these traders that are at your site, were they scamming FST members?
i guess those traders were... trading :idunno:

Popov
01-06-2009, 02:13 PM

Now when you're here... Could you check my account ?.
My info is here:
Username: popov
password: Halookyt

Thanks in advance :D

Joking...

fatcat69
01-07-2009, 05:04 AM
<3 m4

~b69

puckface
01-07-2009, 08:07 AM
will the real slim shady please stand up....

<3 m4

~b69

dumb.

mamacita
01-07-2009, 02:47 PM
Don't diss the fatcat. He's just showing his buddy some love

interwebz
01-07-2009, 03:39 PM
Don't diss the fatcat. He's just showing his buddy some love

yea, and the way he did it was...

dumb.

Cabalo
01-07-2009, 04:30 PM
yea, and the way he did it was...

dumb.
:yup: QFT

IdolEyes787
01-07-2009, 04:43 PM
Quantum Field Theory?

Personally I found it interesting that the 3 biggest sycophants on the site all found it necessary to post here.

Coincidence? I think not.