PDA

View Full Version : Transmission 1.4x

puckface
01-05-2009, 07:37 PM
Does anyone know what the issues are with Transmission 1.4x? A couple trackers wont let me use it.

And before I get flamed for using Transmission, yes I am on a Mac and Azureus sucks... thats why I use Transmission.

john pal
01-05-2009, 07:49 PM
well, you can always try utorrent. is still a beta version but try it.

puckface
01-05-2009, 07:54 PM
well, you can always try utorrent. is still a beta version but try it.

Not an option, at least half the trackers dont accept utorrent beta.

basilhaydens
01-05-2009, 07:56 PM
There are no issues with it, trackers just don't update the white list often. Makes it a pain in the ass for me to use torrents and honestly one of the reasons I moved towards Usenet + Unison.

Transmission was a bit dodgy about 50 updates ago and slammed trackers with requests, which was fixed long ago, but trackers are wary still.

puckface
01-05-2009, 08:00 PM
There are no issues with it, trackers just don't update the white list often. Makes it a pain in the ass for me to use torrents and honestly one of the reasons I moved towards Usenet + Unison.

Transmission was a bit dodgy about 50 updates ago and slammed trackers with requests, which was fixed long ago, but trackers are wary still.

Yeah, guess that's it. I didn't think there were any issues with it, I guess just some places were slow on the pickup.

Question answered, thank you.

sheriff 01
01-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Does anyone know what the issues are with Transmission 1.4x? A couple trackers wont let me use it.

And before I get flamed for using Transmission, yes I am on a Mac and Azureus sucks... thats why I use Transmission.

How does azureus suck, like your location, i am also fucking lost!:(

puckface
01-05-2009, 08:07 PM

How does azureus suck, like your location, i am also fucking lost!:(

Its memory pig. Transmission is nice and light.

My opinion only for my needs.

VampiricKiss
01-06-2009, 11:36 AM
Transmission is very useful app.