PDA

View Full Version : Info section in profile.php page

NiKRuLeZ
01-07-2009, 05:24 PM
Hi iv seen many users on private torrent sites that have something like "Hello [username]" in thier info section at the bottom of userdetails.php. How do I do this so i can set it like that in my profile page aswell, thanks!

ajsi
01-07-2009, 05:40 PM
you mean for example when you visit my profile on site x, it will say "hi NiKRuleZ" ? i think it is "hi [you]" but im not sure ;)
btw, nice av for sure :)

meelad
01-07-2009, 05:40 PM
oops. edited

Popov
01-07-2009, 05:42 PM
Try google -you tag- and -bbcode- :D, That might help !

NiKRuLeZ
01-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Hi iv seen many users on private torrent sites that have something like "Hello [username]" in thier info section at the bottom of userdetails.php. How do I do this so i can set it like that in my profile page aswell, thanks!

Tried that but it didnt work :(

pro267
01-07-2009, 09:08 PM
Some sites support a [you] tag, where when you enter [you] in a message it will be replaced automatically with the name of the person viewing the message.

This tag is not part of the standard tbdev source to the best of my knowledge, hence most sites do not support it (only sites which specifically added it have it). Since it's not part of the official tbdev release, on some sites this functionality may be achieved using some other tag.

For the reasons above, searching for the tag in google may not yield the wanted information. Just try it on whatever site you want to use it and see if it works..

NiKRuLeZ
01-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Thanks for that informative reply!

vic
01-07-2009, 10:19 PM
yes it is the [you] tag

Albo Da Kid
01-07-2009, 10:28 PM
you mean for example when you visit my profile on site x, it will say "hi NiKRuleZ" ? i think it is "hi [you]" but im not sure ;)

Why who's that in the avatar, she looks familiar.

ajsi
01-07-2009, 10:37 PM

Why who's that in the avatar, she looks familiar.
ye, i got her as my avatar on some other places :) it is mischa barton, mainly known from the tv show "The O.C."

Albo Da Kid
01-07-2009, 10:40 PM
^Niceee....I likeeeee