PDA

View Full Version : Methods of being notified of newly added 'hot' torrents added?

m021478
01-11-2009, 08:57 AM
Was hoping that some of you might have some ingenious techniques and strategies for being notified of 'Hot' torrents that have recently been added to the queue for a particularly active private tracker (such as TL or HDBits)?

Other than sitting there and continuously refreshing your browser window watching for the latest file to appear at the top of the list, are there any techniques you'd be willing to share as far as being notified about such newly added files before the whole world has already downloaded it (so that I don't wind up being the 50th seeder of a file, thereby guaranteeing a difficult time seeding that file to new leechers)...

I know about using RSS, isn't that primarily geared for people who want to download TV shows (or things that can easily be setup as subscriptions)? Please correct me if I am wrong, but downloading torrents via RSS isn't really meant for people interested in downloading things like movies or applications, correct?

Any suggestions?

dpds
01-11-2009, 09:09 AM
Was hoping that some of you might have some ingenious techniques and strategies for being notified of 'Hot' torrents that have recently been added to the queue for a particularly active private tracker (such as TL or HDBits)?

Other than sitting there and continuously refreshing your browser window watching for the latest file to appear at the top of the list, are there any techniques you'd be willing to share as far as being notified about such newly added files before the whole world has already downloaded it (so that I don't wind up being the 50th seeder of a file, thereby guaranteeing a difficult time seeding that file to new leechers)...

I know about using RSS, isn't that primarily geared for people who want to download TV shows (or things that can easily be setup as subscriptions)? Please correct me if I am wrong, but downloading torrents via RSS isn't really meant for people interested in downloading things like movies or applications, correct?

Any suggestions?

the only thing which came to my head is rss. you can setup filters to fetch the content you really need. i.e. if you know the name of the movie/app you are waiting for to be released, you can make a filter and it will be automatically downloaded as soon as it appears on the tracker.
though i'm not using rss so not experienced in this area :)

kondrae
01-11-2009, 09:20 AM
i like using blog sites like zerosec.ws to keep me up to date on new torrents

rss can be used for any kind of content. just need to setup a good filter

For example:
i use utorrent
for games i have: grand?theft?auto*|gta*|brothers*|far?cry*|nhl*|command*|fallout*|motoGP*|tom?clancy's*|call?of?duty|need?for?speed*|sims*

movies i have something similar to the above,instead movies that im looking forward to. but because the are so may formats and quality differences, i set a filter to not download torrent if it includes some key words, for example
mines looks like this:
*r5*|*cam*|*TS?xvid*|*screener*|*dvdscr*|*720*|1080*|*ntsc*|*dvd5*|*pal?dvd*|*pal?nordic*

flashback3r
01-11-2009, 09:56 AM
You could join that trackers IRC. They will prolly announce all the new torrents on the sec ;) (I know bitme doesn't announce)

Highlight and fix so you get a popup on those announcements.

m021478
01-11-2009, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the tips! Anyone else have any other suggestions?

One approach I've just setup and will try out for the first time today is as follows:

1) Take the encrypted RSS feed provided to me by my private tracker and plug it into freemyfeed.com to decrypt the feed, as seen here:

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/54787/Screenshots/Picture%2012.png

2) Then take the decrypted feed provided by freemyfeed.com and plug it into yahoo pipes to filter the feed such that only torrents that match a list of keywords which I specify are permitted in the new filtered feed (here is a screenshot of how this is setup):

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/54787/Screenshots/Picture%2010.png

3) Then I've setup an online notification service from ZapTXT.com to send myself either an IM message once a new torrent I've specified, and if my IM is currently not open or I am unavailable, it then sends me an SMS message (as I've setup in the screenshot below):

http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/54787/Screenshots/Picture%2011.png

It's a pretty clever setup I must admit...way overboard...perhaps, but still clever, and I get an SMS or IM notification ASAP once a new torrent is added...it's like a little alarm clock telling me when to check the list for newly added torrents that match my keywords!

Thoughts?

coppola
01-11-2009, 10:43 AM
very nice !! thanks alot this will help me.
:D

YoYoY
01-11-2009, 10:46 AM
Lol :D , This is great

Swift
01-11-2009, 11:19 AM
some trackers have the option to notify via email , but the best way is irc and rss

01-11-2009, 02:26 PM
i personally just like to chill in tracker announce channels , no 5 minute wait like RSS

integral
01-11-2009, 03:05 PM
IRC is the fastest way to get updated on most trackers, not sure about demonoid or whatever you happen to be using. I know IRC is difficult for some people and they just give up on it, but it's instant communication, so it's the best choice.

teresckova
01-11-2009, 08:19 PM
i agree,,,using irc autodownload is the fastest way to get hot torrents...