PDA

View Full Version : Double peer?

Sonnentier
01-11-2009, 06:12 PM
I just viewed into the peer tab, and saw 2 nearly identical peers.

http://img4.myimg.de/doublepeeree2f3.png

I wonder what this is about? The percentage was differing a bit, however often equaling again.

Albo Da Kid
01-11-2009, 06:25 PM
you have just won 86'000 Ugandian monies. Congratualtions!!!:01:

Time-Traveller
01-11-2009, 06:31 PM
I just viewed into the peer tab, and saw 2 nearly identical peers.

http://img4.myimg.de/doublepeeree2f3.png

I wonder what this is about? The percentage was differing a bit, however often equaling again.

Two devices sharing a communal IP address, Mind boggling :P

VoidNT
01-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Poor Finnish guy probably has 256k ADSL as the best service available in his village and connected two lines together to make life a bit better. :)

D1zkK1ll
01-11-2009, 06:58 PM
Poor Finnish guy probably has 256k ADSL as the best service available in his village and connected two lines together to make life a bit better. :)

Do you see his speed?:huh:

I thought always that this is impossible. oO

RedRansom
01-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Probably a local network(company,home,cybernet cafe) and i guess he/she same person:)

Time-Traveller
01-11-2009, 07:03 PM

Yeah you can bundle together two adsl lines running into the the same premises for a better connection, but that doesn't look like whats happening here to me, if that was the case you would only see one entry in utorrents live peer log.

Brenya
01-11-2009, 07:12 PM
aw lol. :(

D1zkK1ll
01-11-2009, 07:13 PM

Yeah you can bundle together two adsl lines running into the the same premises for a better connection, but that doesn't look like whats happening here to me, if that was the case you would only see one entry in utorrents live peer log.

Well I think he is leeching this shit 2 times.
Only different folders and he started on the same time with only this 25kb/s so the same states... ;)

Time-Traveller
01-11-2009, 07:24 PM

Only different folders and he started on the same time with only this 25kb/s so the same states... ;)

Yeah but there's no upload stats so maybe he uploaded the file to whatever tracker that is, copied the file to another workstation and is uploading from there too.

Downloading a file twice makes no sense even if it was a ratio free tracker...

Possibly it's as simple as a ghost connection appearing in utorrent after he disconnected & reconnected.

D1zkK1ll
01-11-2009, 07:30 PM

Yeah but there's no upload stats so maybe he uploaded the file to whatever tracker that is, copied the file to another workstation and is uploading from there too.

Possibly it's as simple as a ghost connection appearing in utorrent after he disconnected & reconnected.

maybe he will only make a joke of us..

Time-Traveller
01-11-2009, 07:32 PM

If it is then it's not funny and totally pointless.

teresckova
01-11-2009, 08:11 PM
i see thoose kind of peers a lot...not a big deal

happy
01-11-2009, 08:12 PM

If it is then it's not funny and totally pointless.

would say the same...

Sonnentier
01-11-2009, 08:49 PM
It's not a joke, and TimeTraveler both connections were active until completion so it wasn't a ghost connection.

I go with the theory that he somehow bundled his connection, the progress really seemed to be identical.

Thank you all for your comments :fst:

Time-Traveller
01-11-2009, 09:03 PM
It's not a joke, and TimeTraveler both connections were active until completion so it wasn't a ghost connection.

I go with the theory that he somehow bundled his connection, the progress really seemed to be identical.

Thank you all for your comments :fst:

Ok but this isn't how bundled ADSL lines works.

Sonnentier
01-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Why isn't it? I don't know too much about that topic... please let me know.

Time-Traveller
01-11-2009, 10:12 PM
Why isn't it? I don't know too much about that topic...

2 or possibly more adsl enabled lines have the same routing information at the telephone exchange and one router / bridge / switch at the users premises which forms one virtual connection, so an ordinary ADSL line in the uk is split 3 ways between the users premises and the exchange one for voice calls, one for upstream data & a larger one for downstream data, with 2 lines bonded you have 2 upstream & 2 downstream channels which equals double the bandwidth / throughput

the one connection will have the same network ID between the exchange and your ISP's radius server which allows you to logon, each network ID will be allocated a new random or a fixed base IP address.

*Edit* It works with upto 4 adsl lines in the UK the backbone product that your ISP subscribes to from BT Wholesale is called shareband :P

Actually you should be able to read about the outline of the product here starting on page 6 of this PDF:

http://www.btwholesale-engage.com/cmsimages/betweenthelines.pdf