PDA

View Full Version : Anti-leech Plugin, Is It Safe?

zapjb
09-12-2003, 01:13 PM
I go to some sites & try & download. Then this popup says to download I have to install the Anti-Leech Plugin to be able to download there. Also it recommends using NetPumper as a download manager. Is the plugin spyware free? Will the plugin work with FlashGet & or the default download managers for Opera & IE? Thanks.

Edit: I'm finding out it is at least adware if not spyware. Anybody know a work around? Maybe an Anti-Leech Lite. :lol:

F*ck. Part of the EULA: Plugin is an Ad-Ware software which enables the broadcasting of advertisements, and execution of e-commerce and other internet
related services on the user-interface of the software. You agree to
receive, from time to time, advertisements and other contents through
the Anti-Leech Plugin.

pol
09-12-2003, 01:32 PM
good 'ole d/werkz :D

i've used it loads 'a times and never had a prob. you'll prolly have to disable your firewall tho, and i havent used netpumper (whats the point, i find d/l speedups never really work). i've only used it with the default ie6 d/l

pol
09-12-2003, 01:45 PM
as for all the adware stuff, not too sure. i've used this site in the past then ran lavasoft adaware, and it hasnt picked anything up, but recently i've learned that spybot s&d seems to work more thouroughly. why not try running spybot, then get something from the site, then run spybot again.

ghost944
09-12-2003, 01:56 PM
i have had no problems with the anti leech plugin
it only makes 3 files

AL2NP.dll
alie.dll
setup.bat

and i have scaned it with ad-aware, spybot and spy sweeper and they have all said it was nothing ;) ;)

Alucard1475
09-12-2003, 01:58 PM
Just download NetPumper Pro from the NetPumper website and get a Crack to register it. It's compatible with anti-leech so you'll be able to pause and resume downloads.

The free version contains crap and I really mean it, CRAP.

If you can't find it, pm me and I'll send you the files(3MB) via e-mail.

ghost944
09-12-2003, 02:02 PM
yea i tried the free version of NetPumper and it took ages to get all of the spyware and stuff of ;)

Alucard1475
09-12-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by ghost944@13 September 2003 - 00:02
yea i tried the free version of NetPumper and it took ages to get all of the spyware and stuff of ;)
You had to be connected to the net to uninstall some shit.
Ad-aware did the job easy. I still use the pro version.

sharedholder
09-12-2003, 02:32 PM
google--- Antileech Leecher 4.1

e voila :lol:

zapjb
09-12-2003, 03:33 PM
Tried Google, all links dead. Anybody got a valid link for Anti-Leech Leecher 4.1? PM me. Thanks.

Edit: Got it. Can't use it though. lol.