PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need to recover pictures

Seedler
01-11-2009, 10:14 PM
I have some very valuable photos that I took a while back, I've kept them on my harddrive until my last reformat where I transferred all the pictures onto a removable USB HD.

Something must have went wrong during the transfer process, because now when I copy the folder containing the pictures back, I can only view the first 3 photos out of approximately 30 pictures. The non-working photos maintains their file size, has the .JEPG file extension, has no thumbnail view, and when I try to click on them I would get the "No preview available" message.

Any suggestions to solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jezemy
01-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Have you tried opening them on a different computer? If it doesn't work then, it might just be that your files are corrupted. You could try the demos of JPEG recovery programs like this one:

http://www.conceptdata.com/pixrecovery/index.htm

Seedler
01-12-2009, 02:20 AM
Have you tried opening them on a different computer? If it doesn't work then, it might just be that your files are corrupted. You could try the demos of JPEG recovery programs like this one:

http://www.conceptdata.com/pixrecovery/index.htm

I tried to open the images on another computer and still no luck. I also ran the recovery program on the corrupted photos, but I would just get these messages:

1. Jpeg detected. (that's good...)

2. No errors found. (I beg to differ...)

3. No recovery completed. (X_X).

Further help please? These pictures are very important to me, thanks again!

I'm even willing to pay money for a professional program to repair these photos. Any more ideas?

db_la_23
01-12-2009, 11:44 AM
try data doctor digital media recovery

jezemy
01-12-2009, 01:33 PM
if self-remedy doesn't work, you might have to try get professional help, like in real life ;). I don't know what the story is in Canada, but in the UK, you can take things to PCWorld (pc superstore) and get them to fix stuff. They could also probably to data recovery and stuff so if you can't figure anything out, maybe thats where to try.

Seedler
01-13-2009, 03:23 AM
Thanks guys, think i'll have to try professional data recovery.

lowik
02-05-2009, 06:45 PM
this kinda happened to me as well, when for some reason my usb got changed to fat32 instead of ntfs , there are several tools to restore files ( encase, ftk etc) would be recommended coz some freeware appz can actucaly delete the files completley