PDA

View Full Version : Since Everythings Running Smoothly

Livy
09-12-2003, 02:20 PM
i know it was said there wouldnt be, but i think it would keep the forum a little tidyer, as we wont get one post newbies who register to ask one question, thats been asked a million times, then never come back. if it would create more load, then just shut of a few more sections to the guests, just an idea?

zapjb
09-12-2003, 02:31 PM
I believe most of the 1 post wonders have gotten discouraged by having to register. The n00bs we're seeing now, at least have the patience to register. IMO if the guestroom is reinstated the flood of shitsticks will be ongoing. Then some of these assholes will register & become fn problems.

Adster
09-12-2003, 02:50 PM
I believe most of the 1 post wonders have gotten discouraged by having to register. The n00bs we're seeing now, at least have the patience to register. IMO if the guestroom is reinstated the flood of shitsticks will be ongoing. Then some of these assholes will register & become fn problems.

yep exactly my thoughts too

some of the classic posts are

RIAA Hitlist

Screeching MP3s

Supronova down?

Fastrackmovies down? (wish I had a $ everytime that was psoted I would be a zillion air)

[B][O][T]
09-12-2003, 02:50 PM
i think it would keep the forum a little tidyer

Personaly I don't want a guestroom, it only takes a minute or two to register and then You can hopefuly post in the correct forum.

as we wont get one post newbies who register to ask one question, thats been asked a million times, then never come back.

The question will be asked anyway right?
If They dont come back....no problem.

BOT

N£MO
09-12-2003, 02:54 PM
I say leave it as it is.

Livy
09-12-2003, 02:55 PM
yeah i know the guestion will be asked, but it would keep the rest of the forum tidyer, and less useless users registered.

zapjb
09-12-2003, 03:08 PM
Livy, quite the opposite imo. See if we had a guestroom some of the shitsticks would get comfortable in the guestroom. Then they would register for the regular forum & they'd be all over the fn place.

tantric
09-13-2003, 10:09 AM
At least incorrectly placed posts by registered members can be moved to the proper forum to help clean things up. Guest posts would remain a mixed up mess. A lot like the "junk drawer" I have in the kitchen, everything gets thrown in and I can never find what I'm looking for without dumping half the contents.

RedRival
09-13-2003, 12:02 PM
I agree to the Guestroom...

why would you want a database full of members who have only 1-2 posts and r not contributing to the boards at all? Personally I think members with this little amount of post are just flooding the database...if you have a guestroom, this guys ask their question we answer them and they leave.

Livy
09-13-2003, 01:02 PM
thats my point too, but the other point about them coming onto the board s valid to, but i think if there in the guestroom to begin with, they will stay there.

zapjb
09-13-2003, 01:05 PM
RedRival
Posted on 13 September 2003 - 08:02
...if you have a guestroom, this guys ask their question we answer them and they leave

Nope, just the opposite. A lot more shitsticks come because they don't have to register to post in the guestroom. And some ss even register after being retarded in the guestroom for a while.

l_p_4_7
09-13-2003, 01:32 PM
Guestrooms can work quite well on certain forums but IMO due to the nature of this board (based around a software application) it will just turn back into a mess of duplicate questions, spam and flame wars :rolleyes:

My suggestion to guests that want quick advice without having to register, use the K-Lite IRC Chat listed at the top right of the board. There's usually alot of helpful people in there B)

dlingeverything
09-13-2003, 03:41 PM
I'd have to agree with zapjb. And also
most of you who have been in there would
know that the place is full of flames and
other crap we really dont want.

Originally posted by RedRival@13 September 2003 - 06:02
I agree to the Guestroom...

why would you want a database full of members who have only 1-2 posts and r not contributing to the boards at all? Personally I think members with this little amount of post are just flooding the database...if you have a guestroom, this guys ask their question we answer them and they leave.
If needed, people with 0-3 posts can
be deleted by an admin if it becomes
a database problem.

tantric
09-14-2003, 04:43 AM
Guests can already view most, if not all of the board as it is. Let them search for answers to their questions for a while. And if they think their question is unique, then I see no reason why they shouldn't have to register before asking it. At least the mods can ban registered members if they get out of hand, they can't ban unregistered guests.