PDA

View Full Version : Copying

ChickaD
09-12-2003, 04:45 PM
I keep wondering about the fact that untold numbers of people each day are doing the same thing in the confines of their homes by copying from their televisions. Yet no group has proposed to come into homes and monitor what is done on televisions by attaching some device that could tell when a movie is being copied. But because computers are trackable, the RIAA is using that to invade homes and privacy. It is a double standard. Big Brother is being allowed to come into our homes. A segment on FOX news recently had the commentator keep referring to the copying as stealing. He referred to the fact that one can go to a site and download for a small amount. Well, duh, people can go down to the local discount store and buy a vhs tape or dvd....so WHY the double standard??? I recently bought a used Boston cd from a resale site. Now, just how much money did the artist make from that???? Some filesharers are into the older music and sometimes music that is no longer offered as a new sale. The lawsuits are wrong. Surely the RIAA can come up with more viable options. They are being allowed to invade homes...this is America. Isn't it?

slick nick
09-12-2003, 06:32 PM
there's no double standard. taping a program for youself is one thing. taping a program and offering it to millions at the cost of people buying it on dvd is another.
boston is a band that you can defiunately find copies of their albums at music stores most of time. most of my stuff is out of print, obscure, or dropped from their label artist. that stuff is pay a arm and a leg expensive to track down.

Kayot
09-13-2003, 02:01 AM
Liberal, you have to be a liberal. No one in there right mind would allow someone to monitor them. How would you like it if you had cops bust down your door, handcuff you and take you to prison, all under the pretence that your child may have mp3s on his computer? I believe blaster worm came from RIAA because it was simple and openly tried to redirect the blame. And the RIAA openly stated that they were making worms which if I remember correctly was considered an act of terrorism.

Also, the RIAA has the ability to issue (so•pee•na-s) (it doesn’t spell the same as it sounds) with out going through a court; even the FBI can't do that. Nazi's all over again. :ph34r:

- There are lots of evil things in the world... Why are you looking at me like that?

slick nick
09-13-2003, 02:41 AM
is that partisan poppie cock aimed at moi? it's not a matter of whether i want to be monitored or not. what the hell in my statement intimates that? i'm just pointing out the flaw in her argument. you are stealing something they own and they are going after you. and there's nothing special about the supeneas(sp) there issuing. any compnay could do that.

MUSLEMAN
09-13-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by ChickaD@12 September 2003 - 12:45
I keep wondering about the fact that untold numbers of people each day are doing the same thing in the confines of their homes by copying from their televisions. Yet no group has proposed to come into homes and monitor what is done on televisions by attaching some device that could tell when a movie is being copied. But because computers are trackable, the RIAA is using that to invade homes and privacy. It is a double standard. Big Brother is being allowed to come into our homes. A segment on FOX news recently had the commentator keep referring to the copying as stealing. He referred to the fact that one can go to a site and download for a small amount. Well, duh, people can go down to the local discount store and buy a vhs tape or dvd....so WHY the double standard??? I recently bought a used Boston cd from a resale site. Now, just how much money did the artist make from that???? Some filesharers are into the older music and sometimes music that is no longer offered as a new sale. The lawsuits are wrong. Surely the RIAA can come up with more viable options. They are being allowed to invade homes...this is America. Isn't it?
its all realy bs, its not double standard but rather that in home most times when you copy off tv you are the only one getting a copy but in the internet, you gettinga copy means millions getting that copy also, as far as discount store goes, this whole thing is not realy about the artists, its about uncle sam,getting his share, in p2p program there is no money exchanged so there is no taxes, but at the discount store you paid the damn tax didn&#39;t you, and that is why the discount is ok, taxes, government could care less about any body else but themselves, they get paid its ok, if we paid 25 cent per song we downloaded to the government i bet you all this would be none existent <_<
as far as fox goes, let me share a little secret, never belive any thing you read or hear in the media its bs, <_<

clocker
09-13-2003, 02:57 PM
For your edification...
http://galleries.vinyamar.com/ps/show.php?id=endL4bMpzf6VZeaKfTe7GVco&ext=.jpg