PDA

View Full Version : New Global Moderator Now On FST

RealitY
01-13-2009, 07:07 PM
We now have a new Global Moderator on the site...

Detale (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/detale-108211)

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/clear.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/useravatar/avatar108211_5.gif (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/detale-108211)
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/ranks/moderator.png

kaffeine
01-13-2009, 07:15 PM
So, TheFoX was actually right lol.

Congrats Detail.

KFlint
01-13-2009, 07:17 PM
Congrats Mr

Time for you to stop the penis jokes now!

Alien5
01-13-2009, 07:19 PM
:slap:

apextwin146
01-13-2009, 07:19 PM
All the hard work in BT section did pay off .. Nice work and Congrats mate ..

teresckova
01-13-2009, 07:23 PM
congrats..

IdolEyes787
01-13-2009, 07:29 PM
We now have a new Global Moderator on the site...

Detale (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/detale-108211)

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/clear.gifhttp://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/useravatar/avatar108211_5.gif (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/detale-108211)
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/ranks/moderator.png

How could you resist that smile.
Well done De tale .

Cabalo
01-13-2009, 07:52 PM
deserved. he is a thoughtful guy.
More shiny buttons to click !

Something Else
01-13-2009, 07:56 PM
:glagpinch:

Detale
01-13-2009, 08:23 PM
:huh: Well I get this odd PM saying congrats thrown in with the "why did I get an infraction" Pm's so Someone is congratulating me for what? I hadn't an idea. Damn this place is really going down hill for sure :P

Thanks guys so much.

pone44
01-13-2009, 08:46 PM
Congratulations Detale.

C-mos
01-13-2009, 08:50 PM
congrats :)

BlackKnight
01-13-2009, 09:02 PM
congratulation for the promotion,

deserved. he is a thoughtful guy.

+1

I read a lot of topic and I think the same about Detale.

Also, I don't know why but I like Detale's avatar, that's a sick one. :yup:

ghurka
01-13-2009, 09:53 PM
I'm half expecting to see a brown tongue coming out of that avatar of yours. Nice one mate.

Chewie
01-14-2009, 01:12 AM
All the best, Elated.

PlayeR
01-15-2009, 01:01 AM
didnt know abt this..

congrats i guess.

keep it up

Funkin'
01-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Wow, congrats Detale. :)

bumrocks
01-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Congrats! Just stumbled across this myself! Looks like Idol was filling some shoes...

The_Martinator
01-15-2009, 12:50 PM
Congrats, Detale. From what I've seen in my short time here, it's well deserved.

Aliyans
01-15-2009, 02:03 PM
Congrats.. spread ur nice hands all over FST Detale

brotherdoobie
01-15-2009, 03:55 PM
Recount. Obviously...

-bd

Detale
01-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Nope

Intr4ns1t
01-18-2009, 12:54 AM
Congrats Detale, you have taken some licks around here but keep trying to be top notch, so it's good to see it rewarded(? :P).

Crazysah
01-18-2009, 04:53 AM
Congratulations on becoming a global mod over here.

Magnum
01-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Congratulations Detale ;)

brightsid
01-19-2009, 10:10 PM
Keep up the good work and congrats Detale

killercam
01-19-2009, 10:39 PM
congratz Detale

100%
01-19-2009, 11:01 PM
Peat Moss for Peace Operative.

brotherdoobie
01-21-2009, 10:16 PM
That's how "old school" Canadians used to roll - nice and peaceful. I'm not so fond of the new generation - they're a bit uppity.

-bd :snooty:

IdolEyes787
01-22-2009, 12:48 AM
One day we hope to be able to sit in the front of the bus.

peat moss
01-22-2009, 02:53 AM

Can't be a short bus tho . :P

Detale
01-22-2009, 03:01 PM
Show of hands who rides the short bus?

Mtrukiana
01-24-2009, 03:24 PM
Congrats

The Flying Cow
01-24-2009, 09:35 PM
Congrats.. spread ur nice hands all over my crotch area Detale

:(

JPaul
01-25-2009, 09:36 AM

Can someone tell me what "Short Bus" refers to, I see it in Detale's sig and you are referring to it.

Is it an American thing, what does it mean.

S!X
01-25-2009, 09:50 AM
Congrats, boss.

IdolEyes787
01-25-2009, 01:09 PM

Can someone tell me what "Short Bus" refers to, I see it in Detale's sig and you are referring to it.

Yes it is an uniquely American expression .
Shorter buses are typically used for "Special Education" (i.e., the mentally handicapped) students who are typically educated in different facilities.
So "short bus" has evolved into a derogatory term for the mentally challenged(i.e. Detale).

JPaul
01-26-2009, 11:02 AM

Shorter buses are typically used for "Special Education" (i.e., the mentally handicapped) students who are typically educated in different facilities.
So "short bus" has evolved into a derogatory term for the mentally challenged(i.e. Detale).

So a global moderator has a "derogatory term for the mentally challenged" as his signature. I'm not tying to win any popularity contests by pointing out that I think that's appalling.

KFlint
01-27-2009, 01:27 AM

So a global moderator has a "derogatory term for the mentally challenged" as his signature. I'm not tying to win any popularity contests by pointing out that I think that's appalling.

Many TTC members had this sig some months ago, the idea was to identify ourself as proud retards, but Detale decided to butchered my artwork and create a custom title to stand above us all :(

i must agree with you on that, but many things aren't nearly politically correct on the interweb, calling people fags or retards seem widely accepted

JPaul
01-30-2009, 01:34 AM
i must agree with you on that, but many things aren't nearly politically correct on the interweb, calling people fags or retards seem widely accepted

Oh sorry, I didn't realise that.

It's ok to use "derogatory term for the mentally challenged" as a source of "amusement" then. I thought we were still human beings dealing with other human beings.

Having said that, if that's the way people behave in real life why would I expect them to behave any differently on an internet forum.

Forgive me for being old fashioned but it still seems wrong to me.

IdolEyes787
01-30-2009, 03:36 AM
I have this argument with people on a regular basis.

Some perceive that their internet lives being somehow less than real mean that actions therein shouldn't be held to the same level of accountability .
My belief on the other hand is that real or fanciful important or trivial it doesn't matter. The point isn't where you are it's who you are.

Take for example cards. A trivial pursuit as well but I still would question the ethics of anyone who thinks that it's OK to play less than honestly.

JPaul
01-30-2009, 09:09 PM
I have this argument with people on a regular basis.

Some perceive that their internet lives being somehow less than real mean that actions therein shouldn't be held to the same level of accountability .
My belief on the other hand is that real or fanciful important or trivial it doesn't matter. The point isn't where you are it's who you are.

Take for example cards. A trivial pursuit as well but I still would question the ethics of anyone who thinks that it's OK to play less than honestly.

I pretty much agree with that.

peat moss
01-31-2009, 08:58 AM
I agree as well , problem is I'm not the interweb police . If Detaile really cared what people on this forum thought he'd delete it .

Jp , its not up to me or you what people choose to use as a sig or avatar but the forum mods . I try to talk to people online as if I'm having a game of pool with them in real time , don't always agree but try to respectfully disagree .

I'v seen your vendeta about this a few times and its tiring as I'd only need one complaint about mine and would change in a heartbeat .

JPaul
01-31-2009, 01:06 PM
I agree as well , problem is I'm not the interweb police . If Detaile really cared what people on this forum thought he'd delete it .

Jp , its not up to me or you what people choose to use as a sig or avatar but the forum mods . I try to talk to people online as if I'm having a game of pool with them in real time , don't always agree but try to respectfully disagree .

I'v seen your vendeta about this a few times and its tiring as I'd only need one complaint about mine and would change in a heartbeat .

What vendetta. I'm objecting to something which I think is in very poor taste. No, more than that, is downright offensive. Or do you think there is a limit to the number of times I should point it out. Have I gone over that limit in your view.

You're "tiring" that I object to something which is a "derogatory term for the mentally challenged" (not my words, those of another mod). Sorry if you find it tiresome, I think it's something which is shameful, particularly for someone who is a member of the staff here, a global mod ffs.

That you find my right to express my distaste for it tiresome is a matter for you. Like you said you aren't the interweb police, neither am I. I don't think that curtails our right, some may say duty, to point out thing we think are wrong.

"If Detaile really cared what people on this forum thought he'd delete it ."

Based on your own reading of the situation he clearly doesn't.

pentomato
01-31-2009, 01:24 PM

Come on people, everything is derogatory these days, gosh, nobody can hace any fun and not only in the US anymore.
Have fun people life is to short only two and half days, or most will end on prozac.

IdolEyes787
01-31-2009, 02:37 PM
I agree that too much political correctness is almost as bad as too little.
Honestly though I have no way of knowing if making fun of someone who is mentally handicapped may be personally offensive to him or not unless you wish to share pentomato.

JPaul
01-31-2009, 03:40 PM
Honestly though I have no way of knowing if making fun of someone who is mentally handicapped may be personally offensive to him or not unless you wish to share pentomato.

I feel you may be being a tad disingenuous there, mate. Do you think making fun of mentally handicapped people is wrong.

FileZ
01-31-2009, 08:18 PM
congrats mate

IdolEyes787
01-31-2009, 09:23 PM

I feel you may be being a tad disingenuous there, mate. Do you think making fun of mentally handicapped people is wrong.

I believe the saying is the exception proves the rule.

JPaul
02-01-2009, 01:47 PM

I believe the saying is the exception proves the rule.

I have no idea what you mean by that. True story.

peat moss
02-02-2009, 02:11 AM
Maybe with some it hits closer to home . Example I have a lovley auntie with M.S. , found it hard to visit her in the devastating end stages of the deadly disease . Would of killed anyone who dissed her .

Would I have a disrespectful sig of course not, its not me or you who decides what this forum allows is all I'm saying . I apologize for the tiring remark by the way .

yakz091
02-02-2009, 04:35 AM
congrats Deta**

vic
02-02-2009, 09:36 PM
Congrats, more responsibility.