PDA

View Full Version : automatic account pruning

prescript
01-14-2009, 04:28 AM
this shit is annoying, especially when the sites are invite only or something.
well i guess it dosen't matter if is auto or not

lysine
01-14-2009, 04:46 AM
is it really that hard to login to a site once a month? (or even once a week?)

bumrocks
01-14-2009, 04:48 AM
Annoying is when people get invited to sites and don't use them. Taking up spots that someone else might have and use. Prepare to get bashed in this thread.

Use the "park" feature in the future if you are not able to use it.

Stevis
01-14-2009, 05:05 AM
Yeah, if your account is pruned you probably weren't going to use it. Torrents are blocked at my college dorm but once a week or so I make sure to login to all trackers I'm a member of so I'll stay active until I get back out of my dorm.

Artemis
01-14-2009, 05:08 AM
Some of these sites also have a membership limit, so if you are sitting there on an inactive a/c doing nothing then surely they have the right to prune the a/c. After all it is seeder/leecher activity which makes one tracker more popular than another (as well as other factors like pre-times etc.) so if everyone is sitting there doing nothing tracker activity dies. Or do you think you are special ?

Funkin'
01-14-2009, 05:45 AM
Yeah, if you're not using the account enough for it to get pruned, then what are you upset about? It's you obvious you really don't want or need it. It's no biggie, everyone has been invited to at least one site that they decided they didn't like or need and let it go inactive.

silvertec
01-14-2009, 06:04 AM
use it all lose it the it should be

prescript
01-14-2009, 06:05 AM
but i DO use the sites. and i upload stuff, have good ratio, etc. so what if i don't log in for a year?
i got shit to do. but when im back, i'm back and ready to play

Use the "park" feature in the future if you are not able to use it.
yeah you can do that sometimes. sometimes you can't.

pone44
01-14-2009, 06:19 AM
A year?

Then you will probably lose most of your sites...

Time-Traveller
01-14-2009, 06:44 AM
Yeah, if you're not using the account enough for it to get pruned, then what are you upset about? It's you obvious you really don't want or need it. It's no biggie, everyone has been invited to at least one site that they decided they didn't like or need and let it go inactive.

Yeah ScL springs to mind, I got hyped when I heard about open sign ups there, got more hyped by the time I'd registered, clicked on that cheeky activation link in my gmail only to discover there was nobody seeding or leeching and thought meh that's no the shizzle for me and let the account die.

Could be better now that they're extending the userbase to 10,000 it's just getting harder and harder to compete in the ratio free category these days with so many quality sites to choose from :)

prescript
01-14-2009, 06:50 AM
A year?

Then you will probably lose most of your sites...
some sites i log in to a lot.. because that's their nature. some sites i only come around once and a while, but i seed a lot any way so i figure no harm done. ideally yeah users should be active a lot. but when you have thousands and thousands of users you figure some will have wildly varying usage profiles that are still valid.

i understand the argument for pruning. i just think in my case, yeah i am sort of special: i always come back. if i didn't id ask them do delete my account full stop. (which most places wont even do, they'd rather wait until their scripts cull the inactive people)

i will even donate for a perm slot

brightsid
01-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Just tell them how special you are. They'll consinder your request

Lovestoned
01-14-2009, 08:35 AM
You're talking about BCG I guess?
stoi doesn't cares if the member userbase goes down since the members who hog the member limit don't even use the tracker itself.

I'm very happy that this will enable BCG to have more leecher, thus making everybody's ratio go better if they seed.

Only got like a 150+ GB buffer there on BCG, going to apply for Uploader soon when I think it's time.

stoi
01-14-2009, 12:23 PM
you do not need to be an uploader to upload games, everyone can now.

and your best chance to become an uploader, is to upload now, staff notice you if you do it properly, and they will promote you without you applying.

And i have no idea if this is about BCG or not, so i will hold off on answering until I find out it is.

vic
01-14-2009, 12:45 PM
if there's a good reason behind it you can be offline for some time just inform the staff, i'm sure they can understand.

if not then just let it die or make sure you keep the rules for staying alive.